Films about a guy looking for a lost love?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BeyondTheGrave
Any and all recommendations will be appreciated. As long as it's about one guy's journey to find a lost love...all cinemas welcome. Thanks a lot in advance.

Robtard
Last Tango in Paris

Quiero Mota
Usually suck and are totally predictable.

BeyondTheGrave
you pretty much described 99% of hollywood movies no expression

thanks.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BeyondTheGrave

Well hollywood movies with this sort of theme.

srankmissingnin
The majority of the movies John Cusack has done since 2000? stick out tongue

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by BeyondTheGrave

No, not really. 99.9% of all rom-coms/chick-flicks/lost love movies follow the same basic formula: 1) Guy gets girl, 2) Guy loses girl, 3) Guy gets girl back again. That's been the template for like the last 70 years or so, with little-to-no variation. They might flip the gender roles occasionally, but the basic formula remains the same, and they always have the same stock characters.

In my opinion; romantic comedies and slashers are the two stupidest, most predictable genres in all of film.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
No, not really. 99.9% of all rom-coms/chick-flicks/lost love movies follow the same basic formula: 1) Guy gets girl, 2) Guy loses girl, 3) Guy gets girl back again. That's been the template for like the last 70 years or so, with little-to-no variation. They might flip the gender roles occasionally, but the basic formula remains the same, and they always have the same stock characters.

In my opinion; romantic comedies and slashers are the two stupidest, most predictable genres in all of film. thats why i root for the killer in slashers
everyone does even if they don't know it

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

In my opinion; romantic comedies and slashers are the two stupidest, most predictable genres in all of film. thats why i root for the killer in slashers yelling at the screen for them to kill a person with something i see in the background laughing
everyone does even if they don't know it

ADarksideJedi
Thats is in allmost all movies.So that is hard to say.

Impediment
What Dreams May Come.

Fantastic novel, very poorly adapted film with an atrocious actor as the main protagonist.

Quiero Mota
You don't like Robin Williams?

'Cause the man can definitely act.

Impediment
I spoke too harshly. Robin Williams is a great comic talent, but I think he was 100% wrong for that role. In my opinion, he did a very poor job.

Quiero Mota
I liked him in the role. He's a good dramatic actor in general: Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, One Hour Photo, Insomnia and so on.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The majority of the movies John Cusack has done since 2000? stick out tongue

Serendipity

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Serendipity

Serendipity is a perfect example.

Robtard
Brokeback Mountain follows the "guy looking for lost love" in part. Also a decent film overall; Ledger did a solid performance.

You may or may not be turned off by the cowboy-buttsex.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Impediment
I spoke too harshly. Robin Williams is a great comic talent, but I think he was 100% wrong for that role. In my opinion, he did a very poor job.
I quite enjoyed What Dreams May Come. He pulls off the dramatic role surprisingly well in other movies. That one wasn't a great example, not a bad one though.

However, I might partially agree with you in that I think he's better off in comedies.

BeyondTheGrave
thanks everyone.

healthylife
watch indian movies... there are most of them about love... awesome))

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.