Faster 2010

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
I searched for this and couldnt find it.

Good movie

8/10

thumb up

-Pr-
I liked it. A tad slow at parts, but generally enjoyable.

jaden101
Originally posted by -Pr-
A tad slow at parts,

laughing Love the irony in that.

-Pr-
Originally posted by jaden101
laughing Love the irony in that.

laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
Saw it in the theaters since I want to encourage Rock to do more action movies but I thought i was pretty meh. Predictable and so much of the movie should have been left on the cutting room floor. The whole Assassin and his girl friend subplot was completely unnecessary and didn't do the movie any benefits. The movie could have been markedly improved in editing with a week or two of re-shoots. It's a shame, but I pretty much expected it to be a let down based on the directors previous works.

Lestov16
Been waiting to see this one

Bicnarok
I thought the movie was a bit lacking, that "Rock" fellow running about killing folk and trying to look mean (and failing) becuase some people killed his brother was a bit of a thin storyline imo.

The acting was crap, not that it normally bothers me but this did.

4/10

radhemohan
Faster is a favourite movie of my.i liked this very much.I am a huge fan of dwyane johnson.The film begins with 'Driver' (Dwayne Johnson) being released from prison after talking to the warden (Tom Berenger) who tells him he should be a better person. He exits curtly, breaks into a run, seemingly set on something. He runs until he retrieves his 1971 SS Chevelle and drives to an office where he shoots and kills a man.

Placidity
Just watched this movie.

Throughout the whole movie I thought the assassin was Jake Gyllenhaal. When I looked up the movie, it was someone else.

What the heck? Twins separated at birth?

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/11/27/d9eda8f7-2382-475c-aff8-5d5a072c6ec7.jpg

Thought the movie was decent.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The whole Assassin and his girl friend subplot was completely unnecessary and didn't do the movie any benefits.

The point being was that there was no straight out obvious Rock's playing the "good guy" & the assassin is then obviously the villain.
They're both "anti-heroes" following their own flawed code of ethics.

Each one searching for redemption in themselves but also knowing their actions will never be justified.

Placidity
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
The point being was that there was no straight out obvious Rock's playing the "good guy" & the assassin is then obviously the villain.
They're both "anti-heroes" following their own flawed code of ethics.

Each one searching for redemption in themselves but also knowing their actions will never be justified.

There was nothing about redemption in this film, and certainly not from the assassin. I also don't see how the assassin is an antihero.

Esau Cairn
Redemption in the fact that Rock's character wanted to redeem his past sins/crimes by avenging those that killed his brother.

The assassin was an antihero in the fact that he worked by a code & only killed what he was contracted to kill. His own redemption was wanting to give up contract killing & settle down with his girlfriend.

Placidity
Redemption in the fact that Rock's character wanted to redeem his past sins/crimes by avenging those that killed his brother.

Or it was just pure vengeance. Seemed they banged that message in pretty hard to miss. He has no need to redeem himself, he wasn't the one that got his brother killed, in fact, its the other way round. Also, I don't see how someone "redeems" himself via vengeance, that is nonsensical and an oxymoron, especially in this film.

The assassin was an antihero in the fact that he worked by a code & only killed what he was contracted to kill.

Killing only people one is contracted to do so does not make a antihero.

His own redemption was wanting to give up contract killing & settle down with his girlfriend.

That has no resemblance to redemption at all. I don't know what your definition or idea of redemption is, but it must be pretty loose. He was a contract killer with "issues", that's all it was. I don't see a need to give deeper meaning to something when there clearly is none.

Esau Cairn
Ok...well at the end of the day, it's generally agreed that the movie was nothing special, neither was the acting or storyline.

Yes, Rock's character was out for vengeance...to kill those responsible for his brother's death. His seeking redemption was from his mom who he felt might've blamed him for his brother's path into crime.Not to mention his abusive step-dad.
This is where I felt the underlining theme of redemption comes from.

If you saw the movie on the big screen, then you didn't see the alternate ending which gave both the Rock's character & the assassin a bit more substance.

And if you did see the alt ending, then you could see the director trying a final last time to give justification that each was an antihero in their own right.

Maybe I'm just trying to give this movie more credit than it's due.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.