Idea for a New Military ATV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
I play HALO and this thought suddenly occurred to me. Hopefully the moderator allows this because the thought came to me last night as I was watching the Military Channel:

I have a lot of friends in the military and they have a complaint against the Humvee. One of my friends is a Ranger and he would like to see a vehicle that has speed and can deploy at high speed. So my thought was why not build a 4 wheel like the Warthog from HALO? Fast as hell, equip it with a .50 caliber in the rear, light but strong composite armor, open window passenger side seat (which allows the passanger to accurately fire his weapon) and a windshield that can withstand a 7.62mm round? In my opinion that would be a serious advancement on the battlefield. Opinions?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
I play HALO and this thought suddenly occurred to me. Hopefully the moderator allows this because the thought came to me last night as I was watching the Military Channel:

I have a lot of friends in the military and they have a complaint against the Humvee. One of my friends is a Ranger and he would like to see a vehicle that has speed and can deploy at high speed. So my thought was why not build a 4 wheel like the Warthog from HALO? Fast as hell, equip it with a .50 caliber in the rear, light but strong composite armor, open window passenger side seat (which allows the passanger to accurately fire his weapon) and a windshield that can withstand a 7.62mm round? In my opinion that would be a serious advancement on the battlefield. Opinions?

My opinion is that they likely have some of the best (or at least a significant number of okay people) working on what vehicles to use in the military.

Robtard
The HUMVEE will be history, both Ford and GM have submitted modified trucks from their lines for military use and last I heard, they both received decent reviews in field testing.

This was some time ago though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.