Harry Potter vs. The Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mixednuts
Harry wanders into the forest scavenging for rare herbs to make a nifty new potion but knows that the forest isn't safe so comes prepared. The predator is in the area, hunting for new prey after a scouting mission discovered Hogwarts is filled with individuals that utilize magic and thus are a new challenge.

Harry Potter is armed with his wand, the invisibility cloak, as well as all spells and potions he has been seen using in the movies. Of course the forbidden curses are not applicable here. Other than that he's just a regular kid.

The predator has all available weaponry and tech from Predator 1 & 2. This includes his wrist blades, net, spear, shoulder cannon, frisbee of doom, cloaking, med kit, various forms of detection such as thermal imaging and lastly his personal nuke. The predator also possesses super human strength/agility/speed, hunting tactics and can take an extreme amount of damage as seen in the movies.

No help will be given from either the magical forest critters or the predators hunting party. This is strictly a one on one showdown.

My prediction: Harry throws everything he has at the alien hunter but ultimately wets himself before having his spine ripped out.

*Personal note - I would pay to see this movie big grin

Impediment
Predator can see thermal, but does Harry have any kind of way to see/sense Preddy?

mixednuts
Originally posted by Impediment
Predator can see thermal, but does Harry have any kind of way to see/sense Preddy?

I don't believe there was anything in the movies that would indicate such so the question is would Harry be able to react quickly enough to throw up a shield before he was blown in half by an energy blast. I guess you could also debate on whether or not his shield could even withstand such punishment.

Sadako of Girth
Plasma Bolts up Potter's bot or surprise spinner decap FTW leaving Potter's head and spine decorating Predator's mantle piece in a way that really ties the Predator's room together.

BruceSkywalker
Harry dies horribly simple as to it..

Potter has no defense against someone that can camouflage himself, sneak up from behind and gut him..

Potter also has no defense against someone that can fire plasma bolts from a distance..

afterward the Predator starts drinking hot earl grey tea

btw, i hope someone gets the earl grey tea refference

Impediment
Mmm....no. What's the reference?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Mmm....no. What's the reference?

its what capt. picard drunk on star trek:tng

Sadako of Girth
yes

Robtard
http://www.sdce.de/universum/nahrung/images/46.jpg

Verified, so it's a usable screen feat.

Placidity
Originally posted by mixednuts
frisbee of doom

lol

Who is the OP? I suspect its a sock account. stick out tongue

Impediment
No, he isn't. I know him personally.

mixednuts
Originally posted by Placidity
lol

Who is the OP? I suspect its a sock account. stick out tongue

I assure you I am no sock. More like a nice fuzzy mitten. big grin

Rogue Jedi
Harry wanders into the forest scavenging for rare herbs to make a nifty new potion but knows that the forest isn't safe so comes prepared. The predator is in the area, hunting for new prey after a scouting mission discovered Hogwarts is filled with individuals that utilize magic and thus are a new challenge. Why would Harry wander into the forest alone?

All his movie feats count?

Why would the Predator deem Harry as worthy prey?

Sadako of Girth
Cause he read 8 million threads of you, in the face of all reason, logic, evidence and argument, saying that Harry Potter could beat anyone up-to-and-including God? stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
So Harry wanders into the forbidden forest, alone. The Predator has lulz decided that Harry is worth hunting. And let me guess.......Harry is 100% unaware that he is being hunted?

Sadako of Girth
That would fit the opening pattern of all the movies, yes.

Rogue Jedi
OK, and what would also fit the pattern of the movies is the Predator toying with Harry forever. Agreed?

Sadako of Girth
No. I dont agree.

Would YOU toy with someone after reading of Potterphiles rating him as the No.1 in the universe...? I'd doubt it.

I mean, regardless of how wrong that statement would be proven to be after the match is done....you just wouldnt chance it.

Rogue Jedi
No, you can't have it both ways. If Harry is not aware he is being hunted, then PIS rules and the Predator toys with Harry.

If PIS is off, then Harry should be aware he is being hunted.

Up to the thread starter, not us.

mixednuts
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
No, you can't have it both ways. If Harry is not aware he is being hunted, then PIS rules and the Predator toys with Harry.

If PIS is off, then Harry should be aware he is being hunted.

Up to the thread starter, not us.

I wouldn't say that the Predator toyed with any of his prey so much as stalked them until the optimal moment to strike. In the movies he was usually hunting multiple targets and would pick them off one at a time and they were always unaware until the initial strike.

So lets say that Harry is clueless to his presence BUT being that he is in the forest alone he is on his guard since it is a dangerous place.

The Nuul
Is RJ crying because Harry Pothead gets raped again?

mixednuts
Originally posted by The Nuul
Is RJ crying because Harry Pothead gets raped again?

No crying, Just trying to flesh out the encounter. I do predict teenage sodomy via wrist blades though.

Rogue Jedi
I wouldn't say that the Predator toyed with any of his prey so much as stalked them until the optimal moment to strike. In the movies he was usually hunting multiple targets and would pick them off one at a time and they were always unaware until the initial strike.

So lets say that Harry is clueless to his presence BUT being that he is in the forest alone he is on his guard since it is a dangerous place. Then it's simple. The Predator kills him easily. The Predator would kill most if given these conditions. Riddick, Rambo, anyone human or peak human. Yes, even McClane.

The heroes of each Pred movie had time to get some knowledge of the Pred, and to mount an offensive. If Dutch was having lunch at a sidewalk cafe and the Predator decided to snipe him while invisible, dead Dutch.

If Harry is aware he is being hunted, then he rapes. A protego will shield from anythig the Predator throws at him.

PIS on, Harry rapes. Off, the Pred rapes. Harry is a duelist, not a hunter.

The Nuul
There is no PIS off or PIS on rule in the movie vs. In the comic VS PIS is always off unless stated by thread starter.

PIS is off.

RJ, please stop hugging Harrys nutsack.

mixednuts
Then it's simple. The Predator kills him easily. The Predator would kill most if given these conditions. Riddick, Rambo, anyone human or peak human. Yes, even McClane.

The heroes of each Pred movie had time to get some knowledge of the Pred, and to mount an offensive. If Dutch was having lunch at a sidewalk cafe and the Predator decided to snipe him while invisible, dead Dutch.

If Harry is aware he is being hunted, then he rapes. A protego will shield from anythig the Predator throws at him.

PIS on, Harry rapes. Off, the Pred rapes. Harry is a duelist, not a hunter.

You don't think that Harry being on his guard would give him a chance at least? Maybe toss up a shield at the last second or something to that effect?

BTW- What does PIS stand for?

The Nuul
The "No PIS" Rule

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent. For this reason we have a No PIS Rule. This rule prohibits the use of such instances of PIS from being used as evidence in debates.

Rogue Jedi
You don't think that Harry being on his guard would give him a chance at least? Maybe toss up a shield at the last second or something to that effect?

BTW- What does PIS stand for?

PIS: Plot Induced Stupidity.

No, he has no chance here. How's he gonna know to throw up a shield?

mixednuts
Gotcha. Thanks.

Robtard

Pretty sure Potter would need to know the hit is coming, even if he's aware there's a cloaked alien hunter after him, I can't see him casting protego every second just cos.

Also, can the protego shield protect from everything? I'd imagine the thrown/fire weapons like the spear and disc would be blocked, but the shoulder canon?

mixednuts
PIS: Plot Induced Stupidity.

No, he has no chance here. How's he gonna know to throw up a shield?

How about if he knew Preddy was hunting him? How exactly would HP pull out a win then?

Rogue Jedi
How about if he knew Preddy was hunting him? How exactly would HP pull out a win then? Lulz, dude. Never seen the HP movies?

mixednuts
Lulz, dude. Never seen the HP movies?

Yup. Having a 9 year old daughter, it is required by law that I see them. I haven't watched the newest one yet though. A sex scene is a bit much for a 9 year old.

Having said that, what in the movies gives Harry an automatic win if he knows of the Predators intentions?

Originally posted by Robtard

Also, can the protego shield protect from everything? I'd imagine the thrown/fire weapons like the spear and disc would be blocked, but the shoulder canon?

This, I think, is a valid issue. Does Harry's shield protect him from a high-tech plasma blast as well as magic?

Rogue Jedi
Yup. Having a 9 year old daughter, it is required by law that I see them. I haven't watched the newest one yet though. A sex scene is a bit much for a 9 year old.

Having said that, what in the movies gives Harry an automatic win if he knows of the Predators intentions?

This, I think, is a valid issue. Does Harry's shield protect him from a high-tech plasma blast as well as magic?

The protego is shown blocking not only magic, but solid objects as well. Plasma, or ionized gas, has mass, and therefore would be blocked.

Sadako of Girth
Well RJ did try to have it blocking energy weapons, force attacks, orbital bombardment, and all kinds of stuff in the Star Wars thread.
Seems to think it blocks all energy, matter, subatomically reorganising attacks etc Even attacks from Jesus/God, in some threads.

Its his all purpose "Just cuz" card which he waves in the face of debators whilst actually saying "Im not listening nyahhhhnyahhhnyahhhh."

Sadako of Girth
The protego is shown blocking not only magic, but solid objects as well. Plasma, or ionized gas, has mass, and therefore would be blocked.

.....as proven here. laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well RJ did try to have it blocking energy weapons, force attacks, orbital bombardment, and all kinds of stuff in the Star Wars thread.
Seems to think it blocks all energy, matter, subatomically reorganising attacks etc Even attacks from Jesus/God, in some threads.

Its his all purpose "Just cuz" card which he waves in the face of debators whilst actually saying "Im not listening nyahhhhnyahhhnyahhhh."

Dude, if Harry knows he's being hunted, all he has to do is Accio the cannon. You know that, right?

Sadako of Girth
IF.

And

MAYBE.

Nephthys
Potters Protego has never blocked anything of the Predator's powerful canons power-level.

*runs from thread*

Rogue Jedi
Maybe? Accio summons it. "Accio," it flies off the Pred's shoulder and into Harry's hands.

Nephthys
How does he know the predator has a cannon though?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nephthys
How does he know the predator has a cannon though?

How does he not? Does he have knowledge? Kinda unfair if he has no knowledge.

You know, all he has to do is cast a patronus, distract the Predator into firing away at it, then death spell it.

Sadako of Girth
Or even where to point the wand/spell...?

Nephthys
You know, just like in the movies!

no expression

Sadako of Girth
You know, just like in the movies!

no expression

laughing out loud

Nephthys
Also, Patronus' are made of magic, ergo they have no body temperature, so the Pred wouldn't even notice it.

Rogue Jedi
Or even where to point the wand/spell...?

Harry casts lumos maxima. The Predator fires at it, thinking it is Harry, giving away it's position. Harry vanishes it.

mixednuts
Maybe? Accio summons it. "Accio," it flies off the Pred's shoulder and into Harry's hands.

Ok so are we assuming that Harry's shield can take the hit, allowing him to identify the cannon and yank it away -or- are we saying that Harry just knows its a threat and takes care of it? Also, can Accio yank object thats are affixed to something else? From what I remember it just summons things that are laying around or in someones pocket. Not anything that is bolted to a piece of armor that is strapped to a hulking alien.

Going back to Protego taking the hit....

A quick Wiki search

Protego (Shield Charm)
Pronunciation: /proʊˈteɪɡoʊ/ proh-TAY-goh
Description: The Shield Charm causes minor to strong jinxes, curses, and hexes to rebound upon the attacker, or at least prevents them from having their full effect. It can also cause a shield to erupt from the caster's wand.
Seen/mentioned: First seen in Goblet of Fire, in which Harry Potter is taught this spell by Hermione Granger in preparation for the third task in the Triwizard Tournament. Also used throughout the series. Examples are in Order of the Phoenix when Harry blocks Snape's Legilimency after a lengthy Occlumency lessons and when Harry is duelling the Death Eaters. Harry later uses this spell in Half-Blood Prince to block Snape's jinx when he was showing Ron how to cast a spell without saying a word. Hermione later uses it in Deathly Hallows to separate Ron and Harry when they are fighting.
Suggested etymology: Latin protego meaning "to protect".
Notes: Cannot block Avada Kedavra.

If Protego cannot block Avada Kedavra. Why would it be able to deflect something like a plasma blast which is equally as lethal?

Nephthys
I agree. If anything, it would pull the Pred along with the cannon. So the Pred would just shoot him while coming closer (still invisible).

Pred's see via heat. Lumos maxima isn't heat. Ergo no.

Rogue Jedi
Ok so are we assuming that Harry's shield can take the hit, allowing him to identify the cannon and yank it away -or- are we saying that Harry just knows its a threat and takes care of it? Also, can Accio yank object thats are affixed to something else? From what I remember it just summons things that are laying around or in someones pocket. Not anything that is bolted to a piece of armor that is strapped to a hulking alien.

Going back to Protego taking the hit....

A quick Wiki search

Protego (Shield Charm)
Pronunciation: /proʊˈteɪɡoʊ/ proh-TAY-goh
Description: The Shield Charm causes minor to strong jinxes, curses, and hexes to rebound upon the attacker, or at least prevents them from having their full effect. It can also cause a shield to erupt from the caster's wand.
Seen/mentioned: First seen in Goblet of Fire, in which Harry Potter is taught this spell by Hermione Granger in preparation for the third task in the Triwizard Tournament. Also used throughout the series. Examples are in Order of the Phoenix when Harry blocks Snape's Legilimency after a lengthy Occlumency lessons and when Harry is duelling the Death Eaters. Harry later uses this spell in Half-Blood Prince to block Snape's jinx when he was showing Ron how to cast a spell without saying a word. Hermione later uses it in Deathly Hallows to separate Ron and Harry when they are fighting.
Suggested etymology: Latin protego meaning "to protect".
Notes: Cannot block Avada Kedavra.

If Protego cannot block Avada Kedavra. Why would it be able to deflect something like a plasma blast which is equally as lethal?

Plsama has mass, dude. If something has mass, the protego blocks it. There are secnes in the movies that show objects with mass bouncing off a protego.

mixednuts
How does he not? Does he have knowledge? Kinda unfair if he has no knowledge.

You know, all he has to do is cast a patronus, distract the Predator into firing away at it, then death spell it.

Well it is unfair but thats kind of the point to the hunt. The Predator choses targets that will give him a challenge but he doesn't give them an entire technical briefing on his weaponry before engaging. The idea is to see if Harry can not only survive but kill a previously unknown attacker.

Rogue Jedi
Well it is unfair but thats kind of the point to the hunt. The Predator choses targets that will give him a challenge but he doesn't give them an entire technical briefing on his weaponry before engaging. The idea is to see if Harry can not only survive but kill a previously unknown attacker.

Mhm, the Pred chooses a worthy target, then toys with it a while before actually moving in to kill it. Predator 2 is an example of this.

Sadako of Girth
Thats what THAT predator chose to do.

In THAT movie.

mixednuts
Plsama has mass, dude. If something has mass, the protego blocks it. There are secnes in the movies that show objects with mass bouncing off a protego.

I'm not debating that it can deflect mass. What I'm wondering are the extent of the shields capabilities. A flak jacket can stop a 9mm round with ease, a 105mm shell fired from an M1 Abrams tank? Not so much.

Protego may stop a punch but I don't remember Ron Weasly possessing the strength to punch through Harry's chest like it was tissue paper.

Rogue Jedi
Thats what THAT predator chose to do.

In THAT movie. That's what they all did.

In 1, Dutch was the target. The Pred worked his way up from the bottom of the food chain.

In Predators, the Preds could have easily killed Royce and the others at the camp, but didn't.

mixednuts
That's what they all did.

In 1, Dutch was the target. The Pred worked his way up from the bottom of the food chain.

In Predators, the Preds could have easily killed Royce and the others at the camp, but didn't.

Also there is a difference between toying with someone and recklessly engaging a larger force.

I don't think Dutch or Royce were the intended targets. They were just the last ones standing. Remember the chick was also one of the last ones alive in predators and she was no more dangerous than the others.

Sadako of Girth
Thats different for the stalking process like the "Danny's beads" taunt at the cemetary etc etc

They were ALL targets. And the predator nailed them one by one.
The toughest smartest survived til the end, as is natural.

Its like football/baseball championships are meant to be.. a winner emerges from the natural order of outcomes of everyone else staying in the competition as long as they can.

You dont immediately pick a winner at the beginning and say "F*** everybody else".

Predator will not have to hang back to see who is most worthy here.

So its wristblade rape time.

Rogue Jedi
Also there is a difference between toying with someone and recklessly engaging a larger force.

I don't think Dutch or Royce were the intended targets. They were just the last ones standing. Remember the chick was also one of the last ones alive in predators and she was no more dangerous than the others.

So here, the Predator is aware of Harrys powers, can blast from a long ways off, and Harry is unaware of the Preds powers AND it's presence?

Sadako of Girth

This also.

She didnt have a weapon, so she was out of the game.

Sadako of Girth
So here, the Predator is aware of Harrys powers, can blast from a long ways off, and Harry is unaware of the Preds powers AND it's presence?

Earth transmissions from our satellite networks have all shown the HP movies.... his feats would be known.

mixednuts

Look, I'm not trying to horribly gimp HP but thats kind of how it works. Preddy finds a target, observes it for a time, then strikes. And I never said Preddy would be aware of everything HP can do. Even if he was it wouldn't matter much. Take the protego for example, lets say Preddy sees it and says to himself "Well shit, my cannon might be useless against that". What's he going to do? Fly back to his planet and enlist their engineers to develop new tech that will render it useless and then come back?

Lets say that protego can hold off a plasma blast for the sake of discussion (and I'm not saying it can. Never in the movies did any of the Dark Arts instructors say "hey, if you run into trouble just cast pretego and give the guy the finger". It was never referenced as all powerful or it would be used in every dual there was). Can HP keep it up indefinitely or does it drain him to use it?

And from there how would Harry actually defeat Preddy? Remember even without his cannon the Predator is an extremely formidable foe.

Nephthys
laughing

Sadako of Girth
laughing

+1

stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Earth transmissions from our satellite networks have all shown the HP movies.... his feats would be known. Mhm, and Harry is out picking ingredients for potions, totally unaware.

Hell, even McClane would lose in that instance.

Rogue Jedi
Look, I'm not trying to horribly gimp HP but thats kind of how it works. Preddy finds a target, observes it for a time, then strikes. And I never said Preddy would be aware of everything HP can do. Even if he was it wouldn't matter much. Take the protego for example, lets say Preddy sees it and says to himself "Well shit, my cannon might be useless against that". What's he going to do? Fly back to his planet and enlist their engineers to develop new tech that will render it useless and then come back?

Lets say that protego can hold off a plasma blast for the sake of discussion (and I'm not saying it can. Never in the movies did any of the Dark Arts instructors say "hey, if you run into trouble just cast pretego and give the guy the finger". It was never referenced as all powerful or it would be used in every dual there was). Can HP keep it up indefinitely or does it drain him to use it?

And from there how would Harry actually defeat Preddy? Remember even without his cannon the Predator is an extremely formidable foe. And you think the Predator will decide to hunt Harry, enter the forest, then start raining plasma down on him?

You said it in the OP, this is a one on one showdown. What do Predators tend to do one on one? I know the answer, I wanna hear it from you.

The plasma cannon is slow firing. After one blast, Harry will know where the Predator is and spell his ass.

Robtard
Hell, even McClane would lose in that instance.

No. McClane would never be caught frolicking in the woods picking flowers and herbs.

Rogue Jedi
Thats different for the stalking process like the "Danny's beads" taunt at the cemetary etc etc

They were ALL targets. And the predator nailed them one by one.
The toughest smartest survived til the end, as is natural.

Its like football/baseball championships are meant to be.. a winner emerges from the natural order of outcomes of everyone else staying in the competition as long as they can.

You dont immediately pick a winner at the beginning and say "F*** everybody else".

Predator will not have to hang back to see who is most worthy here.

So its wristblade rape time. Ah, so the Predator stays cloaked, walks up and blades Harry. Totally out of character BTW. Meanwhile, Harry is unaware he is being hunted AND cannot use dark magic.

What's that word you like to use so much?

Sadako of Girth
Look at what he did to Jesse Ventura....that ends your objection.

Robtard
What's that word you like to use so much?

Tally-ho? I hear the British like using that one a lot.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. Theres another word we use in every other sentence too, but Im not gonna say it here.

But if you listen to these two both from my neck of the woods) you'll probably be able to gather which one it is...
*over 18 rated*
jTifRi3qDkU

Answer below:

"Bloke"

Rogue Jedi
Look at what he did to Jesse Ventura....that ends your objection. Mhm, and the same would have been done to Riddick, Batman, and even your boytoy McClane.

Sadako of Girth
It matters not.

In McClane's case, he be lucky enough to bend down to tie his bootlace at exactly that moment, the shot missing completely.... stick out tongue

LOL "Boytoy": Classic projection from the Potterphile.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, unless someone is like Wolverine or Superman, they lose here.

Itso facto.

Sadako of Girth
So basically youre admitting Harry gets destroyed here and but cant bring yourrself to simply say that and move on....

Gotta start on other characters.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The butthurt is strong in you.

Rogue Jedi
Just pointing out that few would survive this, unless they have super powers or a healing factor.

Spite thread>>>>butthurt.

Sadako of Girth
And now the tears start to fall....

"Wahhhhh lifes not fair: Threads aren't 100% gimped in favour of wizard victory all of the time... Waahhhh... My wizard cant beat everyone he faces like I say I does....Wahhhhhhhhhhh."

Sweet salty tears.

Rogue Jedi
I kinda just said he loses here. Might wanna actually read what I said, babe.

mixednuts
And you think the Predator will decide to hunt Harry, enter the forest, then start raining plasma down on him?

You said it in the OP, this is a one on one showdown. What do Predators tend to do one on one? I know the answer, I wanna hear it from you.

The plasma cannon is slow firing. After one blast, Harry will know where the Predator is and spell his ass.

Er...........he kills him? I honestly don't know what you're wanting me to say. In the final confrontations, the predators have used all their weaponry. Only after proving themselves worthy as prey do the predators at least partially disarm (the cannon usually being the first to go) as we saw in the original predator.

I kinda just said he loses here. Might wanna actually read what I said, babe.

Guess thats it then.

Rogue Jedi
Er...........he kills him? I honestly don't know what you're wanting me to say. In the final confrontations, the predators have used all their weaponry. Only after proving themselves worthy as prey do the predators at least partially disarm (the cannon usually being the first to go) as we saw in the original predator.

And how does Harry deem himself as worthy? What does the Pred do to determine this?

mixednuts
And how does Harry deem himself as worthy? What does the Pred do to determine this?

Well usually its just a matter of surviving longer than expected. Perfect example is Dutch. He lasted much longer than Preddy expected him to and gave him a hell of a fight so Preddy decided to disarm himself partials and just beat the crap out of him. At that point he was in fact toying with him.

Rogue Jedi
Well usually its just a matter of surviving longer than expected. Perfect example is Dutch. He lasted much longer than Preddy expected him to and gave him a hell of a fight so Preddy decided to disarm himself partials and just beat the crap out of him. At that point he was in fact toying with him. Agreed, but you gotta remember the following:

Predator 1: The Predator hunted down and killed Dutch and his men. It was only then that he deemed Dutch as worthy.

Predator 2: The Predator hunted down and killed drug lords and cops, he deemed Harrigan as worthy prey later in the movie.

Predators: The Predators hunted down Royce and the others, weeding them out one by one. When they saw someone as being worthy, like the asian, they discloaked and faced them.

Now, given that Harry is alone and unaware, how exactly will this happen?

Sadako of Girth
Straight on Harry's ass...Harry has to go to the doctor's surgery for a quick visit concerning a lack of head and spine.

mixednuts
Agreed, but you gotta remember the following:

Predator 1: The Predator hunted down and killed Dutch and his men. It was only then that he deemed Dutch as worthy.

Predator 2: The Predator hunted down and killed drug lords and cops, he deemed Harrigan as worthy prey later in the movie.

Predators: The Predators hunted down Royce and the others, weeding them out one by one. When they saw someone as being worthy, like the asian, they discloaked and faced them.

Now, given that Harry is alone and unaware, how exactly will this happen?

Ahhhh, I see what you're saying. You'll have to forgive me. I'm on heavy pain killers right now and sometimes have a hard time focusing.

Ok, revision (if thats allowed?). Harry discovers the Predator and his intent while gazing through a magical pile of gryphon crap. However, he still goes into the forest because those rare herbs are crucial to the love potion/date rape drug combo he's going to slip Ron later that night if he survives.

So Harry has his cloak, wand, all potions used in the movies, and all spells except the forbidden ones and he knows Preddy is waiting for him.

Pwned
Still, Potter will never know where the Pred is. He will fight some crap off, Pred will say "You know, maybe i should kill this guy" and kill him with whatever the hell he feels like using.

Rogue Jedi
Ahhhh, I see what you're saying. You'll have to forgive me. I'm on heavy pain killers right now and sometimes have a hard time focusing.

Ok, revision (if thats allowed?). Harry discovers the Predator and his intent while gazing through a magical pile of gryphon crap. However, he still goes into the forest because those rare herbs are crucial to the love potion/date rape drug combo he's going to slip Ron later that night if he survives.

So Harry has his cloak, wand, all potions used in the movies, and all spells except the forbidden ones and he knows Preddy is waiting for him. I gotcha.

Well, seeing as how the forbidden forest is chocked full of life forms, how's the Predator supposed to differentiate Harry from the rest? That is if Harry has his cloak on.

Harry can cast a Protego, which should block the plasma cannon.

Numerous ways for Harry to win here. Hell, he could just give the forest a 360 degree scan, say "Confundus" several times, and mind rape the Predator.

Magic>>>>>Tech, all day every day.

Sadako of Girth
However, he still goes into the forest because those rare herbs are crucial to the love potion/date rape drug combo he's going to slip Ron later that night if he survives.

laughing laughing laughing

Pwned
Here we go again...........

RJ, Pred see the shapes, and he knows what a human looks like, also Harry would hit himself with confundus.

You also DO know that cloaking means he cant be seen, yes? Lets see Pred throw the "frisbee of doom" and lets see Harry have jedi precog and use the force to slap it down. Oh wait...........

Sadako of Girth
LOLZ

Pwned is certainly pwning ass left right and center tonight..!!!

Pwned
=-D

Actually im just now bothering to THINK about what i argue XD

I also have read shitload about military hardware, planning on enlisting shortly after High School (yeah, im still a teenager XD)

Also playing a game on freewebarcade WHILE debating......

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Pwned
Here we go again...........

RJ, Pred see the shapes, and he knows what a human looks like, also Harry would hit himself with confundus.

You also DO know that cloaking means he cant be seen, yes? Lets see Pred throw the "frisbee of doom" and lets see Harry have jedi precog and use the force to slap it down. Oh wait...........

Hit himself with Confundus? Oh my, you need to elaborate on that.

Pwned
Harry has entered the forest. By your logic, (and by movie feats) confundus will make everything hit by it forget what they are doing, no matter who they are. Well, if Harry is in the area being Confundus(ed?) then he will be affected by it as well, as he HAS been, and has blanketed the entire area by it.

Also, in the movies confundus only works on one person, and you have to be able to see them. Harry suddenly has X-ray vision, thermal vision, or does the pred not have cloaking anymore?

Sadako of Girth
=-D

Actually im just now bothering to THINK about what i argue XD

I also have read shitload about military hardware, planning on enlisting shortly after High School (yeah, im still a teenager XD)

Also playing a game on freewebarcade WHILE debating......

Well done, good sir.
So thats your "multitasking multipwnment" award awarded! Happy Dance
You have a bright future.

Rogue Jedi
Harry has entered the forest. By your logic, (and by movie feats) confundus will make everything hit by it forget what they are doing, no matter who they are. Well, if Harry is in the area being Confundus(ed?) then he will be affected by it as well, as he HAS been, and has blanketed the entire area by it.

Also, in the movies confundus only works on one person, and you have to be able to see them. Harry suddenly has X-ray vision, thermal vision, or does the pred not have cloaking anymore? All Harry needs to know is the general vicinity the Predator is in.

Harry has a protego up. Pred fires, giving away it's position. The protego tanks the plasma blast. Harry says confundus.

Easy cheesy.

Robtard
All Harry needs to know is the general vicinity the Predator is in.

Harry has a protego up. Pred fires, giving away it's position. The protego tanks the plasma blast. Harry says confundus.

Easy cheesy.

So Harry can walk around with a Protego spell going?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
So Harry can walk around with a Protego spell going? Uh.....Yeah.....That's like me asking you "So Rambo can walk forward while shooting a machine gun."

Pwned
And pred would fire into something resembling (and is in actuality) and energy based shield? No, I dont think so

WOO! I GOTS AN AWARD! LOOK SPONGEBOB!=-D

Rogue Jedi
And pred would fire into something resembling (and is in actuality) and energy based shield? No, I dont think so

WOO! I GOTS AN AWARD! LOOK SPONGEBOB!=-D K then, how does the Predator attack THROUGH the protego?

See how that works? Hell, Harry could simply accio his firebolt and zip around the forest, too fast for the Predator to follow.

And yes, it would be too fast to follow.

Pwned
Simple, he doesnt attack the shield. Doesnt go all around from what ive seen. He goes around him (the cloaked part may help, yes?) then throws the frisbee of doom of the spear. Neither are lit up, neither will make a sound til they are to close to Harry.

I cant even play my game while Beer is Good is on?????

That is the most RANDOM song EVER

Rogue Jedi
Simple, he doesnt attack the shield. Doesnt go all around from what ive seen. He goes around him (the cloaked part may help, yes?) then throws the frisbee of doom of the spear. Neither are lit up, neither will make a sound til they are to close to Harry.

I cant even play my game while Beer is Good is on?????

That is the most RANDOM song EVER http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Protego_Totalum

Pwned
So Harry shields the ENTIRE forest? Well, that wouldnt work. Harry shields a small area? He wont get the plants without dying. Shield cant move, so thats out. Plants are probably spread out in the forest, so cant get from place to place with the shield, or cant get there fast enough to shield each one, (it requires an incantation i believe, and took Hermione a bit) so thats out.

BruceSkywalker
K then, how does the Predator attack THROUGH the protego?

See how that works? Hell, Harry could simply accio his firebolt and zip around the forest, too fast for the Predator to follow.

And yes, it would be too fast to follow.

Potter was shown bringing forth energy bolts towards him???

Vid please

I did not realize Harry could see a cloaked alien lol

Sadako of Girth
Here we go...

Predator is an alien who comes from a background and culture experienced in fighting species with all their tech and magics in the universe.

The burden of proof is on you, RJ, to prove that Predator's attacks wont work. I bet a massive explosion type predator weapon like the one built into their armour a point blank would shit RIGHT in Harry's coco pops, protego or not.

Rogue Jedi
So Harry shields the ENTIRE forest? Well, that wouldnt work. Harry shields a small area? He wont get the plants without dying. Shield cant move, so thats out. Plants are probably spread out in the forest, so cant get from place to place with the shield, or cant get there fast enough to shield each one, (it requires an incantation i believe, and took Hermione a bit) so thats out.

No, he shields the area around him.

"Accio herbs."

FF to the end, let's see the Predator tag Harry while Harry is on his firebolt:

gQNU8askxwQ&feature=related

"Accio firebolt!!!"

big grin

Rogue Jedi
Here we go...

Predator is an alien who comes from a background and culture experienced in fighting species with all their tech and magics in the universe.

The burden of proof is on you, RJ, to prove that Predator's attacks wont work. I bet a massive explosion type predator weapon like the one built into their armour a point blank would shit RIGHT in Harry's coco pops, protego or not. Mhm, and he was a shit shot with the cannon.

"Accio firebolt!!!"

Oh my, firebolts are fast, wheeeee!!!!!! Add on a sip or two of felix felicis, and........yeah........

Next?

Pwned
Well, seeing as how in the OP he doesnt GET the broom, Firebolt, nope, none of that. He gets spells and potions. Hell, he wasnt even shown using the Protego Totalem. So know what? Cant do that either. Besides, if he could jsut use accio on them, why not just do that in the first place, rather than go into a forbidden forest alone? FORBIDDEN. Well, seems to me he cant do that, now can he? Otherwise he would have done it in the first place, now wouldnt he? By that, he just has to sprint and hope he doesnt die, or just be incredibly careful, and die. Harry cant fight what he cant see.

Rogue Jedi
Well, seeing as how in the OP he doesnt GET the broom, Firebolt, nope, none of that. He gets spells and potions. Hell, he wasnt even shown using the Protego Totalem. So know what? Cant do that either. Besides, if he could jsut use accio on them, why not just do that in the first place, rather than go into a forbidden forest alone? FORBIDDEN. Well, seems to me he cant do that, now can he? Otherwise he would have done it in the first place, now wouldnt he? By that, he just has to sprint and hope he doesnt die, or just be incredibly careful, and die. Harry cant fight what he cant see. lulz Accio is a spell, dude. Summoning is a spell, dude. It's a spell and he can use it.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhh the swweeeeeeet heavy droplet sounds of the continuously falling wizard tears.

Pwned
Well, OP is gonna have to decide if he can accio anything to him, as from what i read and understand, that is forbidden, its not in the list of equipment he can use in this fight.

I didnt say he couldnt use the spell, the broom? Out of the question, not given to him, otherwise he could just apparate to every single herb he wanted and take it, thereby evading the pred completly and rendering this moot. If he didnt do it in the first place, he isnt gonna do it now.

Rogue Jedi
Well, OP is gonna have to decide if he can accio anything to him, as from what i read and understand, that is forbidden, its not in the list of equipment he can use in this fight.

I didnt say he couldnt use the spell, the broom? Out of the question, not given to him, otherwise he could just apparate to every single herb he wanted and take it, thereby evading the pred completly and rendering this moot. If he didnt do it in the first place, he isnt gonna do it now. Taking away Harry's spells, are ya?

Bee in your bonnet, Potter?

Pwned
No, im not taking away his spells, im saying that if he didnt do it in the first place, why would he now? He went in the forest knowing the pred was after him, if he didnt want to accio it to him there or straight apparate to it, then he wont here, its a thing called LOGIC.

If you choose to do something, and you could have done it easier but you chose this way, knowing the dangers, you would stick to what you were doing. You picked that way of doing it for a reason. The way the OP says is the way Potter is doing it.

Pulling at strings much?

Rogue Jedi
No, im not taking away his spells, im saying that if he didnt do it in the first place, why would he now? He went in the forest knowing the pred was after him, if he didnt want to accio it to him there or straight apparate to it, then he wont here, its a thing called LOGIC.

If you choose to do something, and you could have done it easier but you chose this way, knowing the dangers, you would stick to what you were doing. You picked that way of doing it for a reason. The way the OP says is the way Potter is doing it.

Pulling at strings much?

Ah, but he accio'd his firebolt AFTER entering the fight against the dragon wink Why didn't he do so to begin with?

Pwned
Did he know about the dragon? I havnt seen OOTP yet.

However, why would he? When he realized he couldnt do shit. Well you know what, he wouldnt know the pred is cloaked would he?

Again, not in the list of equipment he is given. He cant accio it to him and use it regardless, in this fight, it doesnt exist.

Nephthys
How exactly will his firebolt let him beat a Predator? It just makes him a faster target.

Rogue Jedi
Did he know about the dragon? I havnt seen OOTP yet.

However, why would he? When he realized he couldnt do shit. Well you know what, he wouldnt know the pred is cloaked would he?

Again, not in the list of equipment he is given. He cant accio it to him and use it regardless, in this fight, it doesnt exist.

Yes.

If he is aware of the Pred hunting him and it's capabilities, why WOULDN'T he?

Nope, the OP decrees he gets his spells. Accio is a spell. Accio summons firebolt, Harry zips around loling as the Pred misses left and right.

Pwned
Dude, read the OP. Your arguing like my little sister "He has this and this so no matter what you say this happens!!!!"

Your saying that, despite the OP, he can use firebolt. I want to see where the OP says he can summon things from anywhere with accio. Your not even debating anymore, your saying "nu uh! h3 c@n ac(1o!!!!"
Well, im saying that OP says he cant use firebolt. Not given to him. Stick to the OP.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, read the OP. Your arguing like my little sister "He has this and this so no matter what you say this happens!!!!"

Your saying that, despite the OP, he can use firebolt. I want to see where the OP says he can summon things from anywhere with accio. Your not even debating anymore, your saying "nu uh! h3 c@n ac(1o!!!!"
Well, im saying that OP says he cant use firebolt. Not given to him. Stick to the OP.

I'm saying that Accio is a spell. A spell that can summon the firebolt. You trying to take his spell and alter it?

Two words: FELIX FELICIS.

Nephthys
Predator shoots him before he even pops the cap off.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, he takes it before entering the forest.

Nephthys
I wasn't aware he had prep. no expression

Sadako of Girth
He doesn't...!!!

laughing out loud

RJ....

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/29367/original/shipment-of-fail.jpg

Rogue Jedi
I wasn't aware he had prep. no expression Hey, the OP was amended by the thread starter. His choice, not mine.

Pwned
No, im not gimping the spell, im going by the OP
"He has the SPELLS and POTIONS he had been shown using in the movies."
Firebolt is not a spell. He can summon it, but he cant use it, as he wasnt given it in the OP.
So let me get this straight, he gets lucky and pred falls on his own wrist blades?

Best i can think that works for is letting him be a bit luckier in not being seen. A bit. A. Bit. Not much. Preds thermal will still catch him. I dont see ANYTHING that potion will do.

Copy and pasted from a Harry Potter wiki- " It's meant to be used sparingly, however, as it causes giddiness, recklessness, and dangerous overconfidence if taken in excess."
Harry would be one of those, or he wouldnt be that lucky. Oh, and if he takes enough, its fatal.

Nephthys
Hey, the OP was amended by the thread starter. His choice, not mine.

And his amendment (which he can't do btw) was: 'Ok, revision (if thats allowed?). Harry discovers the Predator and his intent while gazing through a magical pile of gryphon crap. However, he still goes into the forest because those rare herbs are crucial to the love potion/date rape drug combo he's going to slip Ron later that night if he survives.

So Harry has his cloak, wand, all potions used in the movies, and all spells except the forbidden ones and he knows Preddy is waiting for him.'

Nowhere does this say he drinks FF before going into the forest or that he has prep. In fact it states that he only discovers the Pred while already in the forest gazing at some gryphon crap.

Pwned
Also doesnt say he gets anything from the outside of the forest. No firebolt.

Sadako of Girth
RJ=

http://www.funny-games.biz/images/pictures/389-oukick.jpg

yes

Rogue Jedi
And his amendment (which he can't do btw) was: 'Ok, revision (if thats allowed?). Harry discovers the Predator and his intent while gazing through a magical pile of gryphon crap. However, he still goes into the forest because those rare herbs are crucial to the love potion/date rape drug combo he's going to slip Ron later that night if he survives.

So Harry has his cloak, wand, all potions used in the movies, and all spells except the forbidden ones and he knows Preddy is waiting for him.'

Nowhere does this say he drinks FF before going into the forest or that he has prep. In fact it states that he only discovers the Pred while already in the forest gazing at some gryphon crap.

OK, so he sips Felix and wins.

Felix is a potion from the movies.

Next?

Pwned
Explain how being lucky wins this for him.

Rogue Jedi
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Felix_Felicis

Felix Felicis, also called "liquid luck", is a magical potion. Felix Felicis makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, depending on how much is taken, during which everything they attempt will be successful. It's meant to be used sparingly.

Nephthys
OK, so he sips Felix and wins.

Felix is a potion from the movies.

Next?

Rogue Jedi
Nah, he takes it beforehand.

Nephthys
But...

He gets no prep.

sad

Pwned
HP gets no prep.

I read that wiki page, wont work for long, taking to much is lethal. If Harry wants the assurance to live, he needs to take alot. It would make him overconfident, and he would die to the Frisbee of Doom.

Being lucky isnt going to help. He cant make a mega luck shield. He can use a protego, maybe a bit stronger than normal, but he still only has it in front of him. Pred stalks him til he drops the shield or gets behind him, BAM Potter is head/spineless.

Like a muffin thats been eated except for whats in the wrapper.

Rogue Jedi
HP gets no prep.

I read that wiki page, wont work for long, taking to much is lethal. If Harry wants the assurance to live, he needs to take alot. It would make him overconfident, and he would die to the Frisbee of Doom.

Being lucky isnt going to help. He cant make a mega luck shield. He can use a protego, maybe a bit stronger than normal, but he still only has it in front of him. Pred stalks him til he drops the shield or gets behind him, BAM Potter is head/spineless.

Like a muffin thats been eated except for whats in the wrapper.

VmyCIY0mZsI

"One sip and you will find that all of your endeavors succeed."

All he needs is a sip. He knows what happens if he takes too much.

mixednuts
Wow, I didn't think I had to make a provision for every possible scenario in the encounter. I just figured common sense would be sufficient.

Fine, if HP can summon his broom and fly away like a ***** then Preddy boards his ship, chase his ass down and shoots him out of the sky.

Pwned
How many endeavors involved being hunted by an alien adept at hunting humans with the tech to take you out before you can blink?

Exactly.

Rogue Jedi
Wow, I didn't think I had to make a provision for every possible scenario in the encounter. I just figured common sense would be sufficient.

Fine, if HP can summon his broom and fly away like a ***** then Preddy boards his ship, chase his ass down and shoots him out of the sky. The Pred's ship was never shown having armaments wink

Rogue Jedi
How many endeavors involved being hunted by an alien adept at hunting humans with the tech to take you out before you can blink?

Exactly. haermm It's an endeavor nonetheless.

Harry sips felix before entering the forest and wins.

/thread.

Pwned
No the endeavor is to collect to plants without dying.

Well, with more forces in play than just that potion and Harry, id say success isnt assured. As i said, pred gets close, Frisbee of Doom or spear. Plasma cannon not needed. Hell, he could walk right up behind Harry and stab him, not easy to be lucky and have that miss.

mixednuts
haermm It's an endeavor nonetheless.

Harry sips felix before entering the forest and wins.

/thread.

I have to completely disagree with you on pretty much everything so far but I have to give you credit where credit is due. Your stubborness is amazing.

Rogue Jedi
No the endeavor is to collect to plants without dying.

Well, with more forces in play than just that potion and Harry, id say success isnt assured. As i said, pred gets close, Frisbee of Doom or spear. Plasma cannon not needed. Hell, he could walk right up behind Harry and stab him, not easy to be lucky and have that miss.

Sorry, dude, but when felix felicis is taken, all endeavors succeed. If Harry knows he is being hunted, he WILL fight back and win.

Accept it.

Pwned
I have to completely disagree with you on pretty much everything so far but I have to give you credit where credit is due. Your stubborness is amazing. Guessing your new here then? XD

Yeah RJ is like this, if it involve ANYONE from HP, hes the biggest fanboy youll meet. Not even J.K.Rowling likes HP more than him

Harry is just outclassed here.

Rogue Jedi
I have to completely disagree with you on pretty much everything so far but I have to give you credit where credit is due. Your stubborness is amazing. If you mean "wow, good job", then I accept.

Rogue Jedi
Guessing your new here then? XD

Yeah RJ is like this, if it involve ANYONE from HP, hes the biggest fanboy youll meet. Not even J.K.Rowling likes HP more than him

Harry is just outclassed here. Yeah?

"Accio firebolt!!!"

*sips felix*

Show me where the Predator is an mad marksman. Show me where he hits a target moving at 250 mph, AND has taken a potion that guarantees victory?

Nephthys
Predator shoots him before he even pops the cap off.

Pwned
Doesnt guarantee victory in something that is completly out of the ideas of the guy when he said it. Thats like saying "Ok, so, i need this 50 million pound weight lifted. Ill take this, and now i can do it with one finger."

You think one sip of that potion could do it? You think one sip of that potion could let HP solo the entire worlds armies in 5 minutes? There are to many variables for that potion to work the way you want it to. Preds skill, Harry's overconfidence, etc. Harry might trip and break his neck for all we know. Besides, OP never said Harry can accio things to him from outside the forest, quit adding that he can,

Sadako of Girth
If you mean "wow, good job", then I accept.

http://www.lolblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/facepalm.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_density

http://images.wikia.com/annex/images/4/4b/Predator_spear_tip.jpg

/\

Harry has no prep and his throat gets one of these through it's ass..

Rogue Jedi
Doesnt guarantee victory in something that is completly out of the ideas of the guy when he said it. Thats like saying "Ok, so, i need this 50 million pound weight lifted. Ill take this, and now i can do it with one finger."

You think one sip of that potion could do it? You think one sip of that potion could let HP solo the entire worlds armies in 5 minutes? There are to many variables for that potion to work the way you want it to. Preds skill, Harry's overconfidence, etc. Harry might trip and break his neck for all we know. Besides, OP never said Harry can accio things to him from outside the forest, quit adding that he can,

Obviously it means succeeding at endeavors within reason.

Killing one Predator is very much within reason.

Rogue Jedi
http://www.lolblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/facepalm.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_density

http://images.wikia.com/annex/images/4/4b/Predator_spear_tip.jpg

/\

Harry has no prep and his throat gets one of these through it's ass.. Originally posted by mixednuts

So Harry has his cloak, wand, all potions used in the movies, and all spells except the forbidden ones and he knows Preddy is waiting for him.

mixednuts
Guessing your new here then? XD

Harry is just outclassed here.

Yup. New here, Impediment recommended this site as a way to pass time other than playing games and watching Netflix while I heal from back surgery.

Yeah?

"Accio firebolt!!!"

*sips felix*

Show me where the Predator is an mad marksman. Show me where he hits a target moving at 250 mph, AND has taken a potion that guarantees victory?

The problem here is that the descriptions of the potions and spells are too broad. Just using protego and the luck potion as you have described them pretty much destroys the conflict surrounding the HP universe. If protego will stop anything other than the death curse and felix is pretty much insta-win then that makes the big bad Voldemort a chump. All Harry would have to do is chug a potion, cast his shield and then he could literally walk up to voldemort and bitchslap him to death with a fish if he wanted.

Rogue Jedi
Yup. New here, Impediment recommended this site as a way to pass time other than playing games and watching Netflix while I heal from back surgery.

The problem here is that the descriptions of the potions and spells are too broad. Just using protego and the luck potion as you have described them pretty much destroys the conflict surrounding the HP universe. If protego will stop anything other than the death curse and felix is pretty much insta-win then that makes the big bad Voldemort a chump. All Harry would have to do is chug a potion, cast his shield and then he could literally walk up to voldemort and bitchslap him to death with a fish if he wanted. Pretty linear, dude.

Pwned
Yeah, its good to pass time until you hit people who debate like brick walls...........

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>