Siege: Olympus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
What if the same forces that attacked Asgard attacked current Mount Olympus? (minus Ares, as he will be on the Olympians side). And classic Hercules is also on Mount Olympus as well.

i.e. the U-Foes, Initiative, Iron Patriot, and Voided out Sentry, etc. etc...

How would Olympus fare if the Void doesn't want to die?

celeyhyga17
Zeus there?
If so it's a cakewalk.

Sirius77
Zeus is the only one needed...

Badabing
Just read the new Hulk.

Zeus pwns.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by keiththegreat
What if the same forces that attacked Asgard attacked current Mount Olympus? (minus Ares, as he will be on the Olympians side). And classic Hercules is also on Mount Olympus as well.

i.e. the U-Foes, Initiative, Iron Patriot, and Voided out Sentry, etc. etc...

How would Olympus fare if the Void doesn't want to die?

There's a bunch of lightning strikes and we hear nothing from Osborne ever again. The Olympians don't even move from their thrones.

Newjak
What will happen is what should have happened in Siege: Asgard.

Osborne will learn that fing with high magical deities is a bad idea. Especially when they have hosts and hosts of magical trinkets, monster, and devices just lying around waiting to vaporize anything and anyone.

The only reason Osborne even had a chance against Asgard is cause Asgard had been going through Hell and Back over the past how many events and were not firing on full power.

Doom tried to off them, they were attacked by the Skrulls, all after just being resurrected, also with Loki screwing them from the inside, and without Odin on board.

Philosophía
Zeus will kill Osborn. Void will go crazy and rip Zeus apart, along with everybody present.

Stoic
Considering the Molecule Man mess, Void Sentry was perhaps above even Zeus, in terms of power. If Bob managed to erase Zeus the rest of the Olympians would be dog food. Besides what could Zeus do to Void?

ares834
Originally posted by Badabing
Just read the new Hulk.

What happened?

Mindset

Black bolt z
Zues solos.

bagsikdangal101
Originally posted by Stoic
Considering the Molecule Man mess, Void Sentry was perhaps above even Zeus, in terms of power. If Bob managed to erase Zeus the rest of the Olympians would be dog food. Besides what could Zeus do to Void?

UHM?! Teleport a Hellicarrier and drop it on Void/Sentry?Maybe?And shoot Void/Sentry with a lightning bolt.

Stoic
Originally posted by bagsikdangal101
UHM?! Teleport a Hellicarrier and drop it on Void/Sentry?Maybe?And shoot Void/Sentry with a lightning bolt.

You don't get it do you? Void was incapable of being destroyed, Marvel didn't know what to do with this hot potatoe, so they opted to deep six him, because the writers painted themselves into a corner. At his greatest showing Sentry wouldn't have even needed to go Void to dispatch Zeus. The Sentry was able to restrain a Cosmic Cube, which was always written to be above Sky Father level. The fact that Sentry/Void turned Owen Reece into dust, should tell most something, about the level of power that he was operating on, and that was above Zeus. Bob wanted to die, he may have commited suicide for all we know, because it was obvious that lightning wouldn't have affected a guy that bathed in the power cosmic as if it were a gentle breeze.

Damborgson
You don't get it do you? Void was incapable of being destroyed, Marvel didn't know what to do with this hot potatoe, so they opted to deep six him, because the writers painted themselves into a corner. At his greatest showing Sentry wouldn't have even needed to go Void to dispatch Zeus. The Sentry was able to restrain a Cosmic Cube, which was always written to be above Sky Father level. The fact that Sentry/Void turned Owen Reece into dust, should tell most something, about the level of power that he was operating on, and that was above Zeus. Bob wanted to die, he may have commited suicide for all we know, because it was obvious that lightning wouldn't have affected a guy that bathed in the power cosmic as if it were a gentle breeze. It wasnt just lightning. It was Thor's lightning. Enchanted super powerful lightning. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2731/siege01022.jpg

Even Chaos King took note of it. http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/ThorChaos.jpg?t=1296340368

The ending to Siege sure was crappy though. All that time crafting Bob and the Void and his death is a forth of a page. no expression Siege could have bee awesome with more time put into it.

WhiteWitchKing
You don't get it do you? Void was incapable of being destroyed, Marvel didn't know what to do with this hot potatoe, so they opted to deep six him, because the writers painted themselves into a corner. At his greatest showing Sentry wouldn't have even needed to go Void to dispatch Zeus. The Sentry was able to restrain a Cosmic Cube, which was always written to be above Sky Father level. The fact that Sentry/Void turned Owen Reece into dust, should tell most something, about the level of power that he was operating on, and that was above Zeus. Bob wanted to die, he may have commited suicide for all we know, because it was obvious that lightning wouldn't have affected a guy that bathed in the power cosmic as if it were a gentle breeze.

Remember when those Norn stone powered heroes harmed Void and he was enraged by it? Zeus' magic is above that.
Remember when Thor's lightnning cracked Sentry like a hot potato and it knocked Void into a field where it was held their for that Helicarrier to drop on him? Zeus' lightning is above that.
Remember that Helicarrier that reverted Void back to Bob, vulnerable. Zeus dropped a mountain on Typhon.
Remember when Morgana popped Sentry like a pimple? Zeus' made her think twice about attacking Ares.
Remember Owen Reece couldn't beat Void while Absorbing Man with a fragment of the Cosmic Cube manipulated the Sentry and Void into two beings. Owen Reece ain't that powerful these days. Zeus would rip him apart.

Void's one feat of beating Owen Reece puts above Skyfather? lol.

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
What happened? Zeus physically owned Hulk like no one else ever has before... With ease.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Damborgson
It wasnt just lightning. It was Thor's lightning.
laughing out loud

Enchanted super powerful lightning. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2731/siege01022.jpg The same super powerful lightning that hit Sentry before he completely voided out with next to no effect.

Just saying

jinzin
This thread's really skewed if it's meant to be a comparison to the Asgard story.
Odin wasn't there to defend his city, Zues is. Makes a helluva difference IMO.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by jinzin
This thread's really skewed if it's meant to be a comparison to the Asgard story.
Odin wasn't there to defend his city, Zues is. Makes a helluva difference IMO. thumb up

ExodusCloak
I think the 12 Olympians core Gods extra powers will allow them to do better then the Asgardians. Aphrodite would turn half the army into pigs. Then there's the other 100 or so gods with unique powers like Hebe and Nyx.

PillarofOsiris
Zeus could beat the Sentry/Void the same way he beat the Hulk, purely physically, if he wanted to (hell, the Hulk did it, and we've seen now that Zeus > Hulk physically). Or, if it really came down to it, Zeus could always do what Genis-Vell did, trap him in a pocket universe.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Parmaniac
laughing out loud
The same super powerful lightning that hit Sentry before he completely voided out with next to no effect.

Just saying No effect? laughing http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSentry03Siege3.jpg

When Ares stabbed sentry a litle of the void leaked out. when thor did this look how much of the void came out. Thor's lightning had an incredible effect.

Parmaniac
No effect? laughing http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSentry03Siege3.jpg

When Ares stabbed sentry a litle of the void leaked out. when thor did this look how much of the void came out. Thor's lightning had an incredible effect. I'm talking about the instance BEFORE he voided out when he attacked Thor and said "How many Gods do I have to kill today" takes Thor into a chokehold and then let's him get away cause Osborn told him to wreak havoc on Asgard, an act where Thor wasn't doing jack shit to stop him btw.

celeyhyga17
I'm talking about the instance BEFORE he voided out when he attacked Thor and said "How many Gods do I have to kill today" takes Thor into a chokehold and then let's him get away cause Osborn told him to wreak havoc on Asgard, an act where Thor wasn't doing jack shit to stop him btw.

thumbup
You gotta admit. Voidtry did have him on the ropes Damborgson.

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsSentry04.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi

MY GOD... no comment

DarkOdin
I'm talking about the instance BEFORE he voided out when he attacked Thor and said "How many Gods do I have to kill today" takes Thor into a chokehold and then let's him get away cause Osborn told him to wreak havoc on Asgard, an act where Thor wasn't doing jack shit to stop him btw. except if you look at the Thor issue that had more of the fight in it, thor did more then that

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's lightning most definitely did not hurt the Void. You can tell by the big smile he has on his face. /sarcasm

Hurting or destroying the Sentry/Void isn't the major problem for Thor. It's keeping him down that's the trick.

According to the Bendis interview that Sentry/Void fans (Aka Quanchi) like to use, Thor's goal was never to kill the Sentry/Void until the end there when he had no choice. So I'm guessing the last bolt packed a noticeable amount of more power.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Galan007
Zeus physically owned Hulk like no one else ever has before... With ease. Like Void has twice you mean?

smile

Deadline
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Remember when those Norn stone powered heroes harmed Void and he was enraged by it? Zeus' magic is above that.
Remember when Thor's lightnning cracked Sentry like a hot potato and it knocked Void into a field where it was held their for that Helicarrier to drop on him? Zeus' lightning is above that.
Remember that Helicarrier that reverted Void back to Bob, vulnerable. Zeus dropped a mountain on Typhon.
Remember when Morgana popped Sentry like a pimple? Zeus' made her think twice about attacking Ares.
Remember Owen Reece couldn't beat Void while Absorbing Man with a fragment of the Cosmic Cube manipulated the Sentry and Void into two beings. Owen Reece ain't that powerful these days. Zeus would rip him apart.

Void's one feat of beating Owen Reece puts above Skyfather? lol.

Not so sure about some of that stuff.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's lightning most definitely did not hurt the Void. You can tell by the big smile he has on his face. /sarcasm

Hurting or destroying the Sentry/Void isn't the major problem for Thor. It's keeping him down that's the trick.

Thor really didn't do anything to void till he got amped by Norn stones. Thor was clearly out of his depth.

According to the Bendis interview that Sentry/Void fans (Aka Quanchi) like to use, Thor's goal was never to kill the Sentry/Void until the end there when he had no choice. So I'm guessing the last bolt packed a noticeable amount of more power.

Thats irrevelant he wasn't able to do shit to Sentry till he got amped. Just because you don't want to kill somebody doesn't mean you won't beat them into a bloody pulp, fine line. Like it would have made a difference.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Deadline
Thor really didn't do anything to void till he got amped by Norn stones. Thor was clearly out of his depth.

The fully formed Void? Well no, we never saw him attack it after he fully manifested as it immediately unleashed it's tendrils on the Avengers.

Originally posted by Deadline
Thats irrevelant he wasn't able to do shit to Sentry till he got amped. Just because you don't want to kill somebody doesn't mean you won't beat them into a bloody pulp, fine line. Like it would have made a difference.

Before and after the amp, his attacks clearly were sufficient enough to at least keep the Void at bay. They clearly were effective.

True, but as we all know, there's a difference between trying to beat someone into a bloody pulp, and using all of your capabilities to do so. Clearly it did.

The last scene was just the typical moment when the hero steps it up a notch when previously all the power he could muster wasn't enough. It was just less....heroic because it's Bendis.

Damborgson
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
thumbup
You gotta admit. Voidtry did have him on the ropes Damborgson.

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsSentry04.jpg yeah he did. I didnt say Thor was winning or anything just telling the other guy that Thor;s lightning very much had an effect on Sentry/void. Thor was probably gonna lose if they had kept fighting. :/

Damborgson
I'm talking about the instance BEFORE he voided out when he attacked Thor and said "How many Gods do I have to kill today" takes Thor into a chokehold and then let's him get away cause Osborn told him to wreak havoc on Asgard, an act where Thor wasn't doing jack shit to stop him btw. You mean this? http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSentry01Siege3.jpg

good for Sentry. Heres what happenes nxt. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSentry02608.jpg

Then Thor blows most of him up with lightning. Thor's lightning had a heavy effect on sentry/void. As did mjolnir when Thor sent him flying. The sentry/void was tough but he wasnt winning untill he had basivally become the void. Even then Thor took care of him at the end. cool

Deadline
The fully formed Void? Well no, we never saw him attack it after he fully manifested as it immediately unleashed it's tendrils on the Avengers.

He never did anything to Void fully formed or not.

Before and after the amp, his attacks clearly were sufficient enough to at least keep the Void at bay. They clearly were effective.

No they weren't Void was clearly holding back and could have kicked his arse at any moment Sentry was tripping on power. Are you seriously trying to tell me that Void couldn't have dodged Thors initial attack when he was able to react Ares who attacked from behind?

Void was clearly out of Thors league because he was able to bring his house down and Thor couldn't do ****all to stop it.

True, but as we all know, there's a difference between trying to beat someone into a bloody pulp, and using all of your capabilities to do so. Clearly it did.

Do we? Um it was supposed to be taken metaphorically it doesn't have to apply to blunt force trauma but it can apply to different powers.

The last scene was just the typical moment when the hero steps it up a notch when previously all the power he could muster wasn't enough. It was just less....heroic because it's Bendis.

He was previoulsy amped by the Norn stones and had help from other heroes without that Thor would have ben ****ed.

Sin I AM
lol so people are claiming Void is above skyfather now? Does he have some post Seige showings im unaware of?

bbrem123
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol so people are claiming Void is above skyfather now? Does he have some post Seige showings im unaware of?

voids lowest showing was siege...so bringing up his low feats is a weak argument to begin with...dont see where people said that erm ...but saying zues stomp is clearly wrong

The Nuul

Well he did beat a jobbing MM, ZOMG!!!!!

Starscream M
lol so people are claiming Void is above skyfather now? Does he have some post Seige showings im unaware of? he beat MM with no trouble

JakeTheBank
Olympus wins this. Zeus brings the pain.

Sirius77
I don't see why Zeus or Odin wouldn't be able to oneshot him erm

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Starscream M
he beat MM with no trouble

so? he was not the same owen...and this is zeus

Deadline
so? he was not the same owen...and this is zeus

Not sure what you mean but he was still extremely powerful.

Rage.Of.Olympus

psycho gundam
rage needs an intervention for his thor addiction

Rage.Of.Olympus
Heh. Good luck with that.

F*cking time limit. A little clarification:
You can tell yourself whatever you like if it helps you sleep at night but the Void/Sentry was trying to kill Thor in their initial encounters at least.

Deadline

PillarofOsiris
Well, Bendis said that Thor wasn't going to kill Void until the very end.

Also, @Rage: You should include the scan where Thor said "I will not kill you" to Bob.

And to the people claiming Thor had help....from who? Iron man, Spiderman and Captain America? That's not a very impressive team, considering that the group that was ganging up on Thor included Vector and X-ray, both of whom have taken down the Hulk in one on one fights. And there were other impressive people taking on Thor as well.

Here's the Sentry's back up in Siege:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5VgL6ZXwkaw/S0YMCAsVwMI/AAAAAAAAQ_M/kzsPEnfRJ-w/s1600-h/Siege%201-5.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus

Fifthchild
smile

What? How does that work? The Void possessed Sentry was clearly was aware of what was going on and was effective in combat.

How do you interpret the scene where Sentry is ignoring Thor and doing Yoga in the sky in the middle of their fight. Its a pretty weird scene but it seems to indicate Sentry was at least somewhat distracted from Normans mission.

Ive seen that scan a lot and never interpreted it as Sentry trying to punch Thor after knocking him down. It looks like he is just floating there.

Perhaps but you could use that sort of reasoning to reverse pretty much anything that ever happened in a comic book.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Fifthchild
How do you interpret the scene where Sentry is ignoring Thor and doing Yoga in the sky in the middle of their fight. Its a pretty weird scene but it seems to indicate Sentry was at least somewhat distracted from Normans mission.

What? You mean the scene where Sentry's cracked and glowing with power right before Thor blasts him? That hardly indicates what you think it does. He could be powering up for all we know.

Ive seen that scan a lot and never interpreted it as Sentry trying to punch Thor after knocking him down. It looks like he is just floating there.

Well you can think whatever you want but seeing as how Sentry was a vital part of the plan to take Thor down, and his fist was glowing with energy, I'm going to stick with the more logical and likely conclusion if you don't mind.

Perhaps but you could use that sort of reasoning to reverse pretty much anything that ever happened in a comic book.

Perhaps you could, but it doesn't change my stance or point. I don't think Sentry was vastly above Thor. I think he was a high end Trans/Low Skyfather based on Siege. A level of threat which Thor has rose to and beyond in the past. Not a knock against Sentry. Simply an observation from reading the event.

Deadline

Falamu
Olympus would FALL. Completely. But the gods would deal some serious damage before they were defeated. Draw also possible though. But Void is Angel of Death (empowered by GOD), so...

PillarofOsiris
Olympus wouldn't even come close to falling. Not with Zeus there.

Falamu
Zeus didn't fare all that well against Mikaboshi...and even Thor was able to fight him to a draw, so...

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
And then you wake up.

With me on top of you. laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus

kgkg
Olympus will be victorious because Bob will let them win.

Colossus-Big C
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5762/immaginerw.th.jpg

/thread

the ninjak
Originally posted by Newjak
What will happen is what should have happened in Siege: Asgard.

Osborne will learn that fing with high magical deities is a bad idea. Especially when they have hosts and hosts of magical trinkets, monster, and devices just lying around waiting to vaporize anything and anyone.

The only reason Osborne even had a chance against Asgard is cause Asgard had been going through Hell and Back over the past how many events and were not firing on full power.

Doom tried to off them, they were attacked by the Skrulls, all after just being resurrected, also with Loki screwing them from the inside, and without Odin on board.

thumb up

Although that was the whole theme of Dark Reign. Evil in control.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5762/immaginerw.th.jpg

/thread Yeah because writer statements from facebook are such good proof....not that its not true.

bbrem123
voided out sentry was about to kill thor, thor got lucky osborne yelled for sentry to take down asgard....thor was helpless to stop sentry....void fully appears, stomps all heroes including thor...loki give every hero a boost in strength via nornstones...they hurt void....void is annoyed and kills loki who tries to attack him with all the nornstones...hellicarrier hit void makes bob resurface, he see what he has done and wants to die....thor say no so he makes him kill him by turning into void...thor kills him and is suprised that void didnt regenerate, showing that bob was the reason he didnt come back

...end story...

void was far above thor

Zack Fair
How do you get that he was about to kill Thor? Seriously.

bbrem123
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5075/siege3legioncps021.jpg

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2065/siege3legioncps024.jpg

bbrem123
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/20/siege01003004.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9396/siege01005006.jpg

with a single raising of the hand...thor is outclassed big time here....come on now

the ninjak
Originally posted by bbrem123
voided out sentry was about to kill thor, thor got lucky osborne yelled for sentry to take down asgard....thor was helpless to stop sentry....void fully appears, stomps all heroes including thor...loki give every hero a boost in strength via nornstones...they hurt void....void is annoyed and kills loki who tries to attack him with all the nornstones...hellicarrier hit void makes bob resurface, he see what he has done and wants to die....thor say no so he makes him kill him by turning into void...thor kills him and is suprised that void didnt regenerate, showing that bob was the reason he didnt come back

...end story...

void was far above thor

Nice to see someone paid attention.

Zack Fair
I thought you were talking about the moment before Sentry went human-cannon on Asgard.

Colossus-Big C
Olympus has many power houses

Osborns forces gets completely wrecked

Zeus
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/71666/1489543-untitled.jpg

Poseiden
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/1637885-incredible_hulks__621_014.jpg
Hades
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/18/Hades2.png/250px-Hades2.png

Boreas
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1640320-incredible_hulks__621_018.jpg
Apollo
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1640322-incredible_hulks__621_019.jpg
Hercules
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/69735/1420921-herakles_4.png
Ares
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/839673-13_dark_avengers_9.jpg

GRIMNIR
Sentry solos

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by GRIMNIR
Sentry solos laughing

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by GRIMNIR
Sentry solos

laughing laughing laughing laughing

bbrem123
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
laughing laughing laughing laughing

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
laughing

Happy Dance

quanchi112
Void wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.