Possible new direction for the X-books Possible *Spoilers*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ExodusCloak
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/09/wolverines-x-men-and-cyclops-x-men-for-2012/

the ninjak
I knew Xforce would evolve into this state.

The new version of the Xmen Gold and Blue teams. Lead respectfully by Storm and Scott.

Now I guess Red/Black and Blue/Gold??????

Logan should leave the Avengers and focus on such a team...especially if he is going to play Home/Team Leader.

ExodusCloak
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30797

srankmissingnin
Damn it. I was hoping Marvel was breeding Scott to be a Magneto replacement, but it looks like Fear Itself will revert him back into the bland character void people like PR love. Now will never see all the awesome covers of Cyclops wearing Magneto's helmet...

StiltmanFTW
Look on the bright side. We'll see the awesome covers of Wolverine wearing Mags' helmet haw-som

srankmissingnin
I'm not sure I like it...

I've always felt Wolverine believed in Xaiver's dream the most of any of the X-Men, but at the same time recognized that there was no place for someone like him in the end goal. He was there to facilitate Xavier's dream by means which the other X-Men were unable or unwilling to, hoping to create a better world that he would have no part of.

I think it would be more interesting if the roles were reversed, but the X-Men line has been dead air for years now outside of X-Force so maybe this will breath some life into it again.

ExodusCloak
I really don't think this rift will have anything to do with Xavier and Magneto's ideologies. As the X-Office have stated time and time again, Scott has a third way. We always knew Xavier's dream was naive. Heck Xavier knew that hence all that stuff in Original Sin about bringing Wolverine in as the X-Mens weapon.

Wolverine's "beef" with him is going to be about the kill/no kill policy. I think they both believe in humans and mutants coexisting together.

srankmissingnin
The X-Men have used Wolverine for years precisely because he is willing to kill... seems like an odd time to put their foot down. Wolverine has always been quicker to kill someone than Magneto or the Brotherhood (save Sabretooth or maybe Mystque) ever have.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The X-Men have used Wolverine for years precisely because he is willing to kill... seems like an odd time to put their foot down. Wolverine has always been quicker to kill someone than Magneto or the Brotherhood (save Sabretooth or maybe Mystque) ever have.

I think it's more of an issue of pro-activeness. Thing that I find most interesting is that all of the people who would be closest to Wolverine (Storm, Kitty) would not approve of it.

So I'm wondering what's the deal will be with the split. Even Psylocke was hesitant to kill the Apocalypse kid.

I'd say Emma would be more inclined to agree with Wolverine but I can't see them splitting her and Scott. I mean she's even said that she doesn't agree with some of Scotts decisions (Utopia) but she'll back him up anyway.

-Pr-
Damn it. I was hoping Marvel was breeding Scott to be a Magneto replacement, but it looks like Fear Itself will revert him back into the bland character void people like PR love. Now will never see all the awesome covers of Cyclops wearing Magneto's helmet...

ha.

BruceSkywalker
this is very interesting.. hope it all turns out good

Dum Dum Dugan
I so agree with you. Scot is such a better character now then his boy scot puss self.

Dum Dum Dugan
I'm not sure I like it...

I've always felt Wolverine believed in Xaiver's dream the most of any of the X-Men, but at the same time recognized that there was no place for someone like him in the end goal. He was there to facilitate Xavier's dream by means which the other X-Men were unable or unwilling to, hoping to create a better world that he would have no part of.

I think it would be more interesting if the roles were reversed, but the X-Men line has been dead air for years now outside of X-Force so maybe this will breath some life into it again.
cosigned. He always been what they call the soul of the x-men. He believes in the dream and willing to do what needed to make it a reality, but also realizes that he can never be apart of such a world.

Darth Jello

Hey, don't forget he was jerk too, not just a void!

Old School Scott Summers is Matt Murdock without the charisma, charm, or condoms.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I so agree with you. Scot is such a better character now then his boy scot puss self.

Coming from a Wolverine fan, that doesn't exactly mean much.

Ridley_Prime
Indeed, just like the relationship with most Superman and Batman fans.

Guess I must be the odd one out here for thinking the part with Cyclops having Magneto's helmet was stupid. mmm

ExodusCloak
There's a new Hellfire Club anyway

Not sure how that fits in with Schism.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.