Has Thanos made the worst enemy in comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Lets assume for a moment that the In-Betweener is very angry and supremely pissed off at Thanos for what he did to him during the Thanos Quest and wants revenge (which is highly likely)...

Unless he is specifically forbidden to do so by Order and Chaos (or someone higher up the cosmic food chain), there is nothing Thanos can do to stop this guy from beating the living hell out of him and destroying him utterly (you gotta believe that Order and Chaos are going to release the IB at some point); the IB could even force Death to kill Thanos permanently (as he did with some of the Elders of the Universe)...

With this said, its pretty clear that Thanos has made an enemy that is incredibly powerful and almost unstoppable...

So my question for you all is this: is there anyone in comics that has a worse, more powerful, enemy than the In-Betweener? And if so, who is it?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules: Chaos King.

Q99
Doom: Squirrel Girl.

Sr J-Bieb
The only thing worse than In-Betweener is Thanos, or Batman.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules: Chaos King.

Dam...that was fast and is correct as well; Chaos King is more powerful than the IB.

Good job!

smile

Uriel005
Ambush bug on irritation

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Uriel005
Ambush bug on irritation

LoL!

stick out tongue

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Lets assume for a moment that the In-Betweener is very angry and supremely pissed off at Thanos for what he did to him during the Thanos Quest and wants revenge (which is highly likely)...

Unless he is specifically forbidden to do so by Order and Chaos (or someone higher up the cosmic food chain), there is nothing Thanos can do to stop this guy from beating the living hell out of him and destroying him utterly (you gotta believe that Order and Chaos are going to release the IB at some point); the IB could even force Death to kill Thanos permanently (as he did with some of the Elders of the Universe)...

With this said, its pretty clear that Thanos has made an enemy that is incredibly powerful and almost unstoppable...

So my question for you all is this: is there anyone in comics that has a worse, more powerful, enemy than the In-Betweener? And if so, who is it?

Nice thread, Thanos was literally playing with fire when he started sxxt with the IB. Even Thanos' patron, Death, can't save him.

Hmm can we count the Protege? He pissed off both the supreme Celestial, Scathan, AND the Living Tribunal! You can't get more screwed than that. He pissed off Eternity too, but that guy jobs to scrubs so no fear there big grin

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Nice thread, Thanos was literally playing with fire when he started sxxt with the IB. Even Thanos' patron, Death, can't save him.

Hmm can we count the Protege? He pissed off both the supreme Celestial, Scathan, AND the Living Tribunal! You can't get more screwed than that. He pissed off Eternity too, but that guy jobs to scrubs so no fear there big grin

Ohhhhhhh....

I forgot about Protege...nice!!

I think we have a thread-ending winner!

smile

Black bolt z
Wolverine: Aunt May

Colossus-Big C
Hercules: Chaos King. pretty much

BullwinkleMoose
In Betweener isn't the worst enemy Thanos has made, Squirrel Girl is!

Bouboumaster
Reed Richards = Galactus

Mindset
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Reed Richards = Doom Fixed

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Reed Richards = Galactus Galactus would use Richards as a G-String

zopzop
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Galactus would use Richards as a G-String

You realize that Reed once made a device that owned the LT himself right (and a bunch of other abstracts)? He blew up their M-bodies.

Black bolt z
You realize that Reed once made a device that owned the LT himself right (and a bunch of other abstracts)? He blew up their M-bodies. Are you talking about LPS? I believe thats non canon.

Parmaniac
You realize that Reed once made a device that owned the LT himself right (and a bunch of other abstracts)? He blew up their M-bodies. Actually I only wanted to make that joke.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Lets assume for a moment that the In-Betweener is very angry and supremely pissed off at Thanos for what he did to him during the Thanos Quest and wants revenge (which is highly likely)... at the end of the day, it will end with thanos slapping the shit out of him again, compounding his complex.

Bouboumaster
Spider-Man's fans - Joe ****ing Quesada

Omega Vision
Superman: Mxy, though its debatable if they're truly enemies in the classic sense.

psycho gundam
he hates superman's pis aura, only cause it counteracts him being an embodiment of pis itself

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superman: Mxy, though its debatable if they're truly enemies in the classic sense. Nah if they were truly enemies superman would already be dead.

Mxy doesn't try to beat him. Just have fun.

zopzop
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Are you talking about LPS? I believe thats non canon.

It's canon because there's only one LT throughout the multiverse. So somewhere out there is a Reed that wtfpwned the LT and other abstracts with a device he made.

Omega Vision
Nah if they were truly enemies superman would already be dead.

Mxy doesn't try to beat him. Just have fun.
That's not necessarily true. You can have an enemy who is either too sadistic/shortsighted to ever finish you off.

zopzop
Originally posted by psycho gundam
at the end of the day, it will end with thanos slapping the shit out of him again, compounding his complex.

That only happened because Order/Chaos trapped him in a place his powers wouldn't work. Thanos knew this ahead of time and that's the only reason he escaped with his head still attached to his body.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
That's not necessarily true. You can have an enemy who is either too sadistic/shortsighted to ever finish you off. Yes but mxy doesn't even try to beat him down much less "finish him off". If mxy ever got seriously pissed at supes then yes supes would have the worst enemy ever.Originally posted by zopzop
It's canon because there's only one LT throughout the multiverse. So somewhere out there is a Reed that wtfpwned the LT and other abstracts with a device he made. Its still a non canon story. Therefore the LT is non canon.

zopzop
Its still a non canon story. Therefore the LT is non canon.

I'm running out of face palm pictures and emotes to use on you. So I'll just type it out : FACEPALM.

Parmaniac
non canon usually only means non canon to 616

zopzop
Originally posted by Parmaniac
non canon usually only means non canon to 616

There's only one LT throughout the multiverse, so all appearances by it are canon.

Parmaniac
There's only one LT throughout the multiverse, so all appearances by it are canon. that's what I meant though my use of words was pretty shitty, it's late here though.

Omega Vision
Yes but mxy doesn't even try to beat him down much less "finish him off". If mxy ever got seriously pissed at supes then yes supes would have the worst enemy ever. Its still a non canon story. Therefore the LT is non canon.
You don't have to physically beat someone to be their enemy. There can be no doubt that the Duke of Wellington and Napoleon were enemies, yet they never came to actual blows.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think it's pretty clear that Mxy and Superman aren't enemies. At least not in the classic sense. Making false analogies doesn't change their relationship. Whether beings trade blows is not what decides if their enemies or not, but their relationship towards each other imo.

Mxy if anything is neutral to Superman. Not a friend and not an actual enemy. Simply an imp who likes making him sweat but at the same time gives him a fighting chance with the whole backward name thing.

Black bolt z
I'm running out of face palm pictures and emotes to use on you. So I'll just type it out : FACEPALM. Logically it should be. But non canon is non canon no matter what.Originally posted by Omega Vision
You don't have to physically beat someone to be their enemy. There can be no doubt that the Duke of Wellington and Napoleon were enemies, yet they never came to actual blows. I never said you don't either but you don't think those two wouldn't kill each other if they met? Mxy doesn't try to kill supes nor does he hate him.Nor disike him.

TheTyrant
Logically it should be. But non canon is non canon no matter what.

There is ONE Living Tribunal throughout all the multi-verses in Marvel. That ONE Living Tribunal was wtfpwned by MC2 Galactus and Reed Richards. That ONE Living Tribunal IS the canon Living Tribunal because that ONE Living Tribunal is the ONLY Living Tribunal. Get it?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TheTyrant
There is ONE Living Tribunal throughout all the multi-verses in Marvel. That ONE Living Tribunal was wtfpwned by MC2 Galactus and Reed Richards. That ONE Living Tribunal IS the canon Living Tribunal because that ONE Living Tribunal is the ONLY Living Tribunal. Get it? Logically it should be true. But non canon is non canon.

I mean it was obviously a weaker LT. The fact that he needed help to beat galactus is stupid...

TheTyrant
Logically it should be true. But non canon is non canon.

I mean it was obviously a weaker LT. The fact that he needed help to beat galactus is stupid...

How is it non-canon? There is only ONE Living Tribunal. MC2 is a canon universe to it's own reality and the Marvel multi-verse. The story is definitely canon to the LT.

And no, the Living Tribunal wasn't obviously weaker in Last Planet Standing. Read the story to find out why Galactus was as powerful as he was.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TheTyrant
How is it non-canon? There is only ONE Living Tribunal. MC2 is a canon universe to it's own reality and the Marvel multi-verse. The story is definitely canon to the LT.

And no, the Living Tribunal wasn't obviously weaker in Last Planet Standing. Read the story to find out why Galactus was as powerful as he was. Yes. But the story is non canon. And its non canon because the surfer and galactus didn't stay merged.

Yes he was. Galactus was actually weaker in LPS. He had the massive amount of reserves but didn't want to feed because he was so close to ending the universe.

The Nuul

TheTyrant
Sigh Black Bolt Z, just sigh.

King Kandy
Thanos has made enemies of all the abstracts; IB is nothing.

The Nuul
They all must keep an eye on him. One day hes wants the IG back again.

zopzop
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos has made enemies of all the abstracts; IB is nothing.

Yeah but the problem is his patron, Death. How many of those abstracts have been shown capable of ordering her around like a dog? Because the IB has and she was powerless to stop it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Starlin is writing their future interactions, lets hope that he and the Abstracts never meet.

Starlin's Thanos really does no favor to other characters when they interact unless there name ends with lock. The abstracts come off as idiotic and powerful children in comparison to the brilliant intellect that is Thanos. Case and point, Galactus. If your a fan of Galan, you best pray the two never meet again.

zopzop
Rage don't get me started. I can go on and on about that crap. I LOVE how Death had the Infinity Well in her realm since, well forever. And she NEVER once bothered to gaze into it and ask how to "one up" Eternity, till Thanos comes along and uses it to learn the true secret of the Soul Gems.

Hilarious and stupid.

TheLordofMurder
Rage don't get me started. I can go on and on about that crap. I LOVE how Death had the Infinity Well in her realm since, well forever. And she NEVER once bothered to gaze into it and ask how to "one up" Eternity, till Thanos comes along and uses it to learn the true secret of the Soul Gems.

Hilarious and stupid.

+++++++++

The abstracts are saturated with PIS on a far too frequent basis...

But its done for the sake of writting a compelling story and (most importantly) making money...

So as long as those two criteria are met, it (unfortunately) doesnt matter at all to those at Marvel how stupid and incompetent the abstracts are made to look in the process...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Starlin just regularly has more powerful beings look stupid and/or incompetent in comparison to Thanos. Or worse.

For example: You know the worst part about the meeting where Thanos blasts Galactus out of his ship? The blasting while not exactly favorable isn't the bad part, it's the fact that Galactus is apparently a humanoid being who wears his helmet for apparently no other reason than a fashion accessory. He then ignoring all common sense, gets duped while Thanos looks like the tragic hero. He couldn't even let Galactus take out his shields without any circumstances.

I get it, he likes Thanos, but goddamn it, his forcing it way too hard.

TheLordofMurder
Starlin just regularly has more powerful beings look stupid or incompetent in comparison to Thanos. Or worse.

For example: You know the worst part about the meeting where Thanos blasts Galactus out of his ship? The blasting while not exactly favorable isn't the bad part, it's the fact that Galactus is apparently a humanoid being who wears his helmet for apparently no other reason than a fashion accessory. He then ignoring all common sense, gets duped while Thanos looks like the tragic hero.

I get it, he likes Thanos, but goddamn it, his forcing it way too hard.

Very true as well...

++++++++

Black bolt z
Starlin just regularly has more powerful beings look stupid and/or incompetent in comparison to Thanos. Or worse.

For example: You know the worst part about the meeting where Thanos blasts Galactus out of his ship? The blasting while not exactly favorable isn't the bad part, it's the fact that Galactus is apparently a humanoid being who wears his helmet for apparently no other reason than a fashion accessory. He then ignoring all common sense, gets duped while Thanos looks like the tragic hero. He couldn't even let Galactus take out his shields without any circumstances.

I get it, he likes Thanos, but goddamn it, his forcing it way too hard. Yeah that part with galactus without his helmet confused me...

Brockalizer
I think that Krona, would have to be the worst enemy to make. Anyone that has the power to wipe out entire universes and make a citadel out of Galactus's remains would be a serious threat, even to someone as powerful as Thanos.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Brockalizer
I think that Krona, would have to be the worst enemy to make. Anyone that has the power to wipe out entire universes and make a citadel out of Galactus's remains would be a serious threat, even to someone as powerful as Thanos.
I love how you make it sound like you need Abstract level power to threaten Thanos.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Love? Only ****, girls and Mindset feel that emotion.

Mindset
Love? Only ****, girls and Mindset feel that emotion. Well I do love raping you.

But that makes you a phag...hmm.

Omega Vision
Love? Only ****, girls and Mindset feel that emotion.
And real men who aren't constantly running from their gay thoughts.
5tuEaG-buvo

basilisk

I get it, he likes Thanos, but goddamn it, his forcing it way too hard. Agreed. You only need to look at how dumb everyone else (except Warlock) is from Thanos Quest through Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade/Abyss, The End and Thanos series. And sadly it seems it was just that way because Starlin couldn't really come up with the clever ploys that were really needed to make Thanos look good - so he just dumbed everyone else down instead.

It would freak me out living in Starlin's MU - it is apparently run by a bunch of omnipotent-power wielding infantile morons.

bbrem123
is this thread a thanos venting thread???

basilisk
Originally posted by bbrem123
is this thread a thanos venting thread??? Hell I forgot what the topic even was...

I'll go with the earlier poster: Herc & Chaos King.

bbrem123
Originally posted by basilisk
Hell I forgot what the topic even was...

I'll go with the earlier poster: Herc & Chaos King.

hahaha...yea sounds like a good answer...ill go with it too

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.