Annie Wilkes (Misery)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg110/archery_guy1701/Random/Annie_Wilkes.jpg
Kathy Bates as Annie Wilkes.

Sledgehammer wise, Triple H ain't got shit on Annie.

Sure The Game can bust your head open with a sledgehammer, but I would personally take a sledge-to-da-head instead of a sledge-to-da-ankles.

Based off of Stephen King's novel of the same name, Bates (in a performance which nails her the win for Best Actress), is Annie Wilkes, a nurse who is the self-proclaimed No.1 fan of Paul Sheldon (James Caan), the author of a series of romance novels involving her favorite character, Misery Chastain.

When Paul crashes his car while driving through a blizzard (he ends up with both legs broken and a dislocated shoulder), Annie rescues him and nurses him back to health. But she is slightly peeved at the fact that Paul has killed off her favorite character.

Enraged, she literally holds Paul hostage until he writes another novel involving Misery. To make matters worse, she tells him that she has not notified the hospital and later, Paul finds out that Annie was suspected in the murders of several infants.

Then comes the 'hobbling.' In the novel, Annie simply hacks off one of Paul's feet rather than use the sledgehammer before cauterizing it with a blowtorch. Then she kills the local sheriff when he comes to investigate.

But in the end, Annie gets her desserts.

Annie is a devious little b-tch, and Kathy deserved that Oscar.

The infamous sledgehammer scene.

i5OlolbLXvw

Sadako of Girth
Psychotic lunacy at its scariest.

She had a dedicated laughing room. no expression

Respect.

ADarksideJedi
She was excellent for that part!

Sadako of Girth
Agreed. I've always rated her, but she shone in that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.