JLA vs Imperial Guard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Here is the scenario: Metron learns that Emperor Vulcan plans on using the M'kraan crystal to restore the Shi'ar to their former glory by conquering the Marvel universe as well as all other universes. He convinces the JLA that the only way to prevent this is with a preemptive strike against the empire. The team is transported to the Marvel universe they make their way to the Throne world where they are quickly confronted by the Imperial Guard. Battle quickly ensues. Who wins and how?

Black bolt z
Didn't Gladiator single handidly kill most of the Gaurd in WoK?

Yeah JLA win.

King Castle
you need to give a roster of the JLA and might also help with a time frame for the Imperial Guard as well b/c they are a lot of them.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by King Castle
you need to give a roster of the JLA and might also help with a time frame for the Imperial Guard as well b/c they are a lot of them.
Current rosters for both teams.

noir101
current roster for JLA:

Batman
Congrilla
Jade
Supergirl
Donna
Jesse

RE: Blaxican
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2450174_60030105004_EnIGCodex_873x627.jpg

The JLA will feel the might of the Emprah.

Bentley
With that lame JLA rooster the Guard might -just might- have a chance.

HigH ScholaR
Isn't there like 300 members in the imperial guard

Bentley
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
Isn't there like 300 members in the imperial guard

290 of those members suck, though. The Starbolt corps, Oracle and Gladiator are among the actually dangerous ones.

Originally posted by Bentley
With that lame JLA rooster the Guard might -just might- have a chance. wouldnt the guard stomp that roster?

Bentley
If the speedsters gang on the biggest threats of the Imperial Guard they make take it imo, but since there is no way for them to know their powersets they would fall against psychics or magics or Gladiator's knuckles -althought technically Kallark is no longer in the Imperial Guard, he's the majestor-

carver9
Gladiator solos

Bentley
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator solos

He's not in this thread you fanboy 131

The Pict
Vulcan took a fair few of the Guard out himself. They don't seem too powerful (at least the handful of times I've seen them) besides Glads.

Originally posted by The Pict
Vulcan took a fair few of the Guard out himself. They don't seem too powerful (at least the handful of times I've seen them) besides Glads. Vulcan was being wanked

Q99
Originally posted by 753
wouldnt the guard stomp that roster?

I wouldn't say so. Donna's gotten up to near-Diana levels (she was beating Super Woman of the CSA), Supergirl's Supergirl, Jade's pretty darn powerful as well, and they have a speedster.

Without Gladiator in the Imperial Guard they'll be fine.

Originally posted by Q99
I wouldn't say so. Donna's gotten up to near-Diana levels (she was beating Super Woman of the CSA), Supergirl's Supergirl, Jade's pretty darn powerful as well, and they have a speedster.

Without Gladiator in the Imperial Guard they'll be fine. It wouldnt be the guard without him. even then, they'll have a phaser, a telepath, a sorcerer, a powerhouse (whoever is the new neutron), a bunch of powerfull blasters and mentor to give them the tactical edge. but they would probably not stomp without gladiator.

The Nuul
IG sucks ass baring 3-4 good members.

Omega Vision
Does anyone have the scan of Lobo taking on the Imperial Guard from JLA/Avengers?

Sirius77
I don't think that this is a stomp even with Gladiator. I mean the JLA may be weaker, but they are by no means weak inherently.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Didn't Gladiator single handidly kill most of the Gaurd in WoK?

Yeah JLA win.

I dont remember that happening actually, and as for the question asked (and current rosters 4 both teams) Id say this is an easy win for the IG...........and a horribly easy one at that.

Tazer

Q99
Originally posted by Tazer

I dont remember that happening actually, and as for the question asked (and current rosters 4 both teams) Id say this is an easy win for the IG...........and a horribly easy one at that.

Eh, most of them are blasters with very little ability to take damage from the likes of Donna and SG in return, and also quite a few members of the Imperial Guard died during the War of Kings, leaving newer replacements in their place with a lot less experience (at least one slot had 3 different members in it during the war).

Mentor's not the original Mentor, there's only one or two with toughness of real note, Gladiator's cousin's out too, etc..

30 supers is a lot, but I think Neutron is the only one of the whole lot above mid meta right now, and he's a new Neutron. Against a team with three people of at least low herald, they may be in trouble.

Desaad
Vulcan took down pretty much the entire Guard, save for Gladiator. I don't think they are nearly as formidable as their inspirations, the Legion of Superheroes.

Bentley
They did some good stuff in Operation Galactic Storm and invading Hala in War of Kings though.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by noir101
current roster for JLA:

Batman
Congrilla
Jade
Supergirl
Donna
Jesse Wow that might mean the Gaurd wins.

If Glads is in this roster they win. But besides that the average gaurdsmen isn't above mid meta.

Q99
They did some good stuff in Operation Galactic Storm and invading Hala in War of Kings though.

They did have Gladiator and surprise for the Hala attack, and the WoK inflicted heavy casualties on them, Inhumans took out quite a few.

Originally posted by Desaad
Vulcan took down pretty much the entire Guard, save for Gladiator. I don't think they are nearly as formidable as their inspirations, the Legion of Superheroes.

Agreed.

If Glads is in this roster they win. But besides that the average gaurdsmen isn't above mid meta.

Currently he is not.

tkitna
Cripes, the X-Men faired well against the IG and they had nobody on the same level as Supergirl or Donna.

Prep-Man
Supergirl isn't the most powerful. I'd say Jade is.

carver9
Supergirl solo's... if she doesn't want to get touched by the imperial guard, it ain't happening. She winks out DBZ style and punch everyone on the opposing team a thousand times before they even heard the bell ring.

But before they fall back from the punch that she delivered... as their bodies are almost about to hit the ground from her punch, she grabs each one of them and toss them into space in less than a millisecond.

Bentley
Supergirl solo's... if she doesn't want to get touched by the imperial guard, it ain't happening. She winks out DBZ style and punch everyone on the opposing team a thousand times before they even heard the bell ring.

But before they fall back from the punch that she delivered... as their bodies are almost about to hit the ground from her punch, she grabs each one of them and toss them into space in less than a millisecond.

The amazing thing is that you believe Gladiator would do the same thing against Super Girl.

carver9
The amazing thing is that you believe Gladiator would do the same thing against Super Girl.

Naah, they both wink out dbz style super speed all over the place, throwing trillions of punches in a second. Them realizing that they can't hit each other due to their godly speed start throwing millions of heat visions and ice breath attacks in less than a nano second.

Glads get fed up and start slapping all of the blast out of the air at super speed with one hand. He then spin around and completely vanish in front of her eyes... she hear him moving tremendously fast but she can't see him, he completely disappear from the battefield. He then wink out right behind her and hit her in the back of the head with a thousand planet destroying punches in 1/5 of a second ending the fight.

Omega Vision
Carver. Shut up about 'DBZ style' superspeed.

It's bullshit and has no grounds being in this debate.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision

It's bullshit and has no grounds being in this debate. that's uncalled for erm

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision

It's bullshit and has no grounds being in this debate.

Lol. I can tell you enjoyed my post.

The Pict

Remember what you said! I never, ever want to hear "show me superman hitting someone 100 times a second" etc etc again. Willful ignorance is clearly what it was before.

The Nuul
Remember what you said! I never, ever want to hear "show me superman hitting someone 100 times a second" etc etc again. Willful ignorance is clearly what it was before.

Aye. Carv's bullshit has to stop.

carver9

I'm being sarcastic... I'm messing with cosmic and his debating style. I have never said that Gladiator can fight in that fashion that I posted above and I never will. Let me stop debating like that because a lot of you all are taking it too serious.

I honestly don't know how many times glads can punch in a second because he never showed how many times he can and it was never stated.

Cosmic knows that I am messing with him. Look at our topic on the zeus vs Hulk/Superman thread.

carver9
You all are so serious... this is valentines week... relax and have a good time for a change.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Starscream M
that's uncalled for erm
So is your backseat modding.

carver9
Originally posted by The Nuul
Aye. Carv's bullshit has to stop.

Nuul, stop following me around.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Q99
Eh, most of them are blasters with very little ability to take damage from the likes of Donna and SG in return, and also quite a few members of the Imperial Guard died during the War of Kings, leaving newer replacements in their place with a lot less experience (at least one slot had 3 different members in it during the war).

the exact same thing applies to this JLA team, unless U think Bats, Jade, & Jesse have better durability than the blasters in the IG??

and while they did have a number of their group die, I dont think their exp will count overly much in this scenario given that they outnumber the earthlings *aleast* 3 to 1, and have a much greater variety of offensive & defensive abilities to bring to this fight.

Originally posted by Q99
Mentor's not the original Mentor, there's only one or two with toughness of real note, Gladiator's cousin's out too, etc..

which doesnt matter since he'll still likely be smarter than any1 on the JLA, plus the fact that they have about 3 possible tanks PLUS 2 scrappers on their side (1 of them the KK-analogue), so Donna & Bats are handily covered, and SG herself can be covered by Voyager, Magique, or Oracle by themselves.......

Originally posted by Q99
30 supers is a lot, but I think Neutron is the only one of the whole lot above mid meta right now, and he's a new Neutron. Against a team with three people of at least low herald, they may be in trouble.

U think Jade(and Im guessing Jesse?) is "low-herald"??

.......wow. I dont see anything in their past depictions to support U that defense AT ALL; perhaps U can fill me in?

Originally posted by Q99
They did have Gladiator and surprise for the Hala attack, and the WoK inflicted heavy casualties on them, Inhumans took out quite a few.

to be fair, the Inhumans have a much larger variety of powers to bring to a battle..........

Tazer

Q99

the exact same thing applies to this JLA team, unless U think Bats, Jade, & Jesse have better durability than the blasters in the IG??

Jade? Of course she does, GL aura and all. She's good for both protecting the team and fighting many enemies at once.

Jesse and Bats don't, but Jesse's got her speed for defense and Bats are good at avoiding being hit, and of course unlike the Imperial Guard they have multiple herald levels to take point.

And much less powerful abilities in general, and most of their offensive powers ultimately boil down to blastly, and defensive ones are in a minority.

The most powerful members of the JLA are going to be very hard to deal with and are worth quite a bit more than 3 a piece.

Donna Troy? Sister of Wonder Woman? Recently beat up Super Woman? (Diana's evil counterpart from the Crime Syndicate of Amarika) Has a lasso that makes people of weaker will (i.e. anyone in the enemy team) do what she wants?

And Jade's a Green Lantern type, yea I think she's probably low herald.

And of course there's Supergirl.

Jesse's high meta.

What three tanks? Or, more specifically, what tanks could match up to Donna Troy? Of the ones active, only Neutron seems to be a definite class 100, and I don't think is on her strength level, and being a rookie definitely won't be on her skill level. There's Titan, but simply being big isn't going to give him a chance against her. Then there's Commando, though I don't know his exact strength. Unless it's pretty darn impressive, odds are very good Troy'll whip all three of them on her own and be ready for more.

Onslaught (KK analog) isn't in an active member.

Voyager's not active, and a fragile teleporter is hardly a sure win against someone as fast as Supergirl.

A telepath or illusion user is not likely to handle Supergirl by themselves. Delay Supergirl by themselves, sure, but she'll still win, and taking out the enemy telepaths/illusion types are what Bat people and speedsters are for.

Bentley
I thought non-active members were included...

Q99
I thought non-active members were included...

It's the current roster. So no-one who's dead, off the team, or ruler of the Shi'ar Empire.

Bentley
Originally posted by Q99
It's the current roster. So no-one who's dead, off the team, or ruler of the Shi'ar Empire.

They would be royally screwed then ermm

Originally posted by Q99
It's the current roster. So no-one who's dead, off the team, or ruler of the Shi'ar Empire. they always replace the dead though.

Q99
Originally posted by 753
they always replace the dead though.

Generally yes, but it can mean they have "Person with power set X who just got on the team," rather than "Person with power set X and a decade or two of experience."

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Q99
Jade? Of course she does, GL aura and all. She's good for both protecting the team and fighting many enemies at once.

Jade isnt = GL, not even close; if she was, she wouldnt have died during IC while Kyle & Kilo lived.

I cant think of a time shes ever displayed the range, the variety or the power output, aside from the time when she wore a Ring herself.

Originally posted by Q99
Jesse and Bats don't, but Jesse's got her speed for defense and Bats are good at avoiding being hit, and of course unlike the Imperial Guard they have multiple herald levels to take point.

sure......until she gets tripped up, and it only needs to happen ONCE for JQ to be taken down, and nobody needs to go h2h w/Bats since an AoE (and they have a few ppl quite capable of that) will affect him just as easily as anything else.

Originally posted by Q99
And much less powerful abilities in general, and most of their offensive powers ultimately boil down to blastly, and defensive ones are in a minority.

The most powerful members of the JLA are going to be very hard to deal with and are worth quite a bit more than 3 a piece.

which is still more than that JLA -team have collectively, and becuz of that this is the IGs fight to lose, not the JLAs.

Originally posted by Q99
Donna Troy? Sister of Wonder Woman? Recently beat up Super Woman? (Diana's evil counterpart from the Crime Syndicate of Amarika) Has a lasso that makes people of weaker will (i.e. anyone in the enemy team) do what she wants?

And Jade's a Green Lantern type, yea I think she's probably low herald.

And of course there's Supergirl.

Jesse's high meta.

just becuz Donna is Dianas magical clone doesnt make her = WW. we've no info on how strong that version of Superwoman is, and no idea if she was god-blessed like Diana was, which *would* put her far far above other Amazons, and lend good battle cred to Donna in that instance.

already spoke about Jade, SG is a force to reckoned with to be sure (altho not unbeatable, especially here), and if JQ = her parents in powers/abilities then she *isnt* a high meta since they werent.

nowhere near that, really.

Originally posted by Q99
What three tanks? Or, more specifically, what tanks could match up to Donna Troy? Of the ones active, only Neutron seems to be a definite class 100, and I don't think is on her strength level, and being a rookie definitely won't be on her skill level. There's Titan, but simply being big isn't going to give him a chance against her. Then there's Commando, though I don't know his exact strength. Unless it's pretty darn impressive, odds are very good Troy'll whip all three of them on her own and be ready for more.

1)Neutron, Smasher (the Ultra Boy -analogue), Titan & (formerly, cuz Im remembering hes dead) Warstar; all of them together have enuff of a STR/DUR combo that they could keep SG busy for awhile.

2) Donnas not a bad fighter, but like I said she's not = WW, and only blind fan-wishing paints her as such.

Originally posted by Q99
Onslaught (KK analog) isn't in an active member.

ok, fair enuff.

Originally posted by Q99
Voyager's not active, and a fragile teleporter is hardly a sure win against someone as fast as Supergirl.

that fragile could drop her right in the middle of Kryptons debis field, which both removes her from play & in all probability insta-kills her. SG is fast, but its not like she *cant* be touched by anything (or any1 on this team, for that matter).

Originally posted by Q99
A telepath or illusion user is not likely to handle Supergirl by themselves. Delay Supergirl by themselves, sure, but she'll still win, and taking out the enemy telepaths/illusion types are what Bat people and speedsters are for.

being a kryptonian doesnt give 1 an extraordinarily hard mind to invade; its happened to her cousin *quite a few times* (Tom Kalmaku w/GL Ring, the Shark, Manchester Black, Dominus, the human Brainiac), and Id be willing to say his mental DEF's are much better than hers.

and even if she *did* get free, she'd still have to locate exactly which 1 it was that atk'd her, and thats not gonna happen simply by *sight*.

Tazer

Q99
Btw, could you drop the text color? It makes quoting you more annoying.

Jade isnt = GL, not even close; if she was, she wouldnt have died during IC while Kyle & Kilo lived.

I cant think of a time shes ever displayed the range, the variety or the power output, aside from the time when she wore a Ring herself.

She's not on the level of Kyle and Kilowog, but she's still equal to many other Green Lanterns IMO. I could *maybe* see her considered as low as High Meta, but a very good one at that.

Very good for fighting a group in any case, bringing both defense and firepower to the team.

sure......until she gets tripped up, and it only needs to happen ONCE for JQ to be taken down, and nobody needs to go h2h w/Bats since an AoE (and they have a few ppl quite capable of that) will affect him just as easily as anything else.

Most of the Imperial Guard will go down if they're hit once, and they don't have Jesse's speed, and Donna, Supergirl, and Jade'll be tearing right through them.

Oh, and Jesse has Super Strength too.

which is still more than that JLA -team have collectively, and becuz of that this is the IGs fight to lose, not the JLAs.

I disagree, not with all the powerhouses on the field.

just becuz Donna is Dianas magical clone doesnt make her = WW. we've no info on how strong that version of Superwoman is, and no idea if she was god-blessed like Diana was, which *would* put her far far above other Amazons, and lend good battle cred to Donna in that instance.

It's the same Superwoman that's fought the JLA on many occasions.

Donna's been closer to Diana than ever since her resurrection. She showed herself noticeably stronger than Starfire when they used to be about equal, did a stint as WW where she fought some of Diana's class 100+ enemies, the Superwoman incident, etc..

Titan? He's merely big, he'd go down no problem. Likewise Warstar, a robot body is nice and all but it's not good enough against a Kryptonian or Titan-empowered Donna.

And Smasher, they lost *three* Smashers during the war. A total rookie with Ultraboy type powers (though iirc not the same power level) is going to run into a lot of problem, he is literally his planet's fourth candidate for the job.

Original Smasher, maybe, not current. This one lost to Queen Medusa easily in a fight, and Medusa's skilled and all, but she's not super high in the power charts.

She does have a pretty strong will, and the team has quite a few people who'll be looking for Telepaths. That's pretty much Batman's job.

Once they have the enemy mind located, they rush and take out the telepath and there's not much this Guard can do about it.

Black bolt z
Why do you guys type in green?

Omega Vision
Why do you guys type in green?
Just Tazer who does that. Q99 is just quoting him and the formatting is getting screwed up as a result.

I've always found in-post signatures and special font styles to be somewhat asinine.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Q99
Btw, could you drop the text color? It makes quoting you more annoying.

no offense, but I post it in that color due to liking how it appears on-screen, so dont take this the wrong way but the answer is "no".

Originally posted by Q99
She's not on the level of Kyle and Kilowog, but she's still equal to many other Green Lanterns IMO. I could *maybe* see her considered as low as High Meta, but a very good one at that.

Very good for fighting a group in any case, bringing both defense and firepower to the team.

sorry, but her recent showing in JLA doesnt automatically mean shes = an avg GL, nor does it overshadow her past showings. I do grant that she can function in both the capacities U mentioned however.

Originally posted by Q99
Most of the Imperial Guard will go down if they're hit once, and they don't have Jesse's speed, and Donna, Supergirl, and Jade'll be tearing right through them.

Oh, and Jesse has Super Strength too.

sorry, but simply having a few bruisers on a team doesnt automatically give them the win, for if that were the case then the kryptonians wouldve been successful when they tried to invade Earth awhile back.

and I know she does, but that doesnt mean shes in SGs class, now does it? tbch, Id put her around Spiderman -lvl based on observing her thru the years......and its not like her fights w/JQ (or anyone else reall) were all ktfo's either.

Originally posted by Q99
I disagree, not with all the powerhouses on the field.

and I must do the same, since this JLA -team only has 1, *maybe* 2 powerhouses.

Originally posted by Q99
It's the same Superwoman that's fought the JLA on many occasions.

Donna's been closer to Diana than ever since her resurrection. She showed herself noticeably stronger than Starfire when they used to be about equal, did a stint as WW where she fought some of Diana's class 100+ enemies, the Superwoman incident, etc..

actually, post-IC there've been 2 Superwomen, one of whom even had kryptonian-like abilities, and from wat I remem of Donna stepping into WW-role for a time she had quite a time doing it, largely due to her not being god-blessed like Diana was.

moreover, Id like to point out that SW wasnt knocked out by Donna (their fight was most even), and she apparently was faking being kayo'd by SG.

Originally posted by Q99
Titan? He's merely big, he'd go down no problem. Likewise Warstar, a robot body is nice and all but it's not good enough against a Kryptonian or Titan-empowered Donna.

And Smasher, they lost *three* Smashers during the war. A total rookie with Ultraboy type powers (though iirc not the same power level) is going to run into a lot of problem, he is literally his planet's fourth candidate for the job.

Original Smasher, maybe, not current. This one lost to Queen Medusa easily in a fight, and Medusa's skilled and all, but she's not super high in the power charts.

ppl who grow tend to get stronger, as well as more durable, so U cant discount him (nor was I saying they could SOLO them either), and it doesnt how many Smashers die since its the powerset we're comparing (nor does being 4th make 1 an automatic incompetant either).

Originally posted by Q99
She does have a pretty strong will, and the team has quite a few people who'll be looking for Telepaths. That's pretty much Batman's job.

Once they have the enemy mind located, they rush and take out the telepath and there's not much this Guard can do about it.

sure, and the number of telepathic assualts shes fought off are how many?? and how easy do U think it is to find a tp'er anyways; look for the person who has a halo-effect around their head?

yea, I dont think *thats* gonna work too often........

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.