Green Lantern Rise of the Manhunters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
nFKzubma264

Scythe
Looks neat. May be a quick cash in though. It would be sweet if it was all kinds of awesome, but movie games hardly meet my expectations.

Kazenji
y4qT79cW-tU

Looks alright certainly better then the Thor movie game tie-in.

Scythe
Everything looks better than the Thor game, that was just a travesty.

Onto this game, it's fun, to say the least. Hack'n'slash style gameplay, it has good voice acting and it visits some pretty cool place that lantern fans may enjoy. It looks very pretty as well.

The only downsides to it are ya can't really fly. For a character that does so quite often, you really feel grouned.

The constructs, they're pretty cool and this isn'ta complaint at all, but when are we gettin' a game where we can sort of draw our own constructs within a given regulation? I have a feeling with the new tabletstyle gaming that'll be poppin' up from time to time in the future, it'd be cool to draw scissor-drills, flying seahorse-spiders or dynamite hammers and use them as a construct slot. Given ofcourse that there's a limit to what we can do, just so we don't make nukes, giant penises, planets or Tom Arnold.

Lastly, like all HnS's, it gets repetitive, but nothin' can be really done about that for this game, just grateful it isn't complete ass.

Kazenji
I see its already out only in America

sounds good Scythe i'll check it out once it gets release in Australia.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
I see its already out only in America

sounds good Scythe i'll check it out once it gets release in Australia.

Yeah, it was only recently released across all platforms at least. Though I haven't bought it myself yet, just had a long sit-down with it when a friend and I tried to get through most of it, I can't justify the entire price tag on it for what it is. As a pretty hardcore GL fan, I'll bite the bullet when it goes down in price or I can find a used copy that's priced to my liking. In the US, Sixty-Some big ones for this game just doesn't sit well with me. I still think you should try it though if you're a fan.

jinXed by JaNx
I played this at a friends house and had a lot of fun with it. I was expecting nothing more than a shitty game that i might play for achievement points. What i played, however, was a very competent and engaging co-op game. The combos and power-ups are all a blast to use and the hit detection is spot on which surprised me for a movie license game. IT did get a bit redundant but all hack n slash games do, actually, all games do at some point. So i wont hold that against it.

My friend already sold his copy because he beat it a couple hours after i left. So, unless someone on my friends list acquires the game i probably wont rent or buy it but from the couple hours i played id give it a 6.5 for solo play and a 7 for co-op

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.