Link & Sora vs Sonic and Ventus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

linkownsyousobs
because I was ignored... stick out tongue

Sonic and Sora run into each other in the Keyblade Graveyard. Sora taunts Sonic, calling him the super saiyan of the video game vs forum, and Sonic gets provoked. Right before our little blue Hedgehog blitzes the 15 year old pedophile, Link and Ventus appear out of primordial black holes to take part in the fight... No Genie Aura. Who wins? big grin

Winner gets to touch Zelda's extremely flat chest.
/troll.

linkownsyousobs
To be more specific, we'll use OoT Link, because he seems to be the most popular, and easily one of the strongest incarnations.

Sonic is the same throughout all of his games, but I'll mostly use unleashed feats for now because it was the most recent Sonic game I've played.

and KH2 Sora

MadMel
Why is Sora a '15 yr old pedophile'?

linkownsyousobs
They brought it up in the Dante vs Sora thread earlier. I was kidding... although it's probably true stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
Not responding.
/Troll.

MooCowofJustice
Out of boredom, I will ignore the advice of my allies and reply.

How do Link and Sora not win this?

By the way. Do you realize you just squeezed two characters out of incredibly small black holes?

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Not responding.
/Troll.

You are not fun good sir. At least reply to the insult to Zelda in this thread.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

By the way. Do you realize you just squeezed two characters out of incredibly small black holes?

By getting speed blitzed obviously.

MooCowofJustice
How 'bout that Magnet spell I heard so much about? Sora's incredibly fast too, right? And I don't recall seeing the phrase "Sonic is bloodlusted" anywhere in here.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
because I was ignored... stick out tongue

Sonic and Sora run into each other in the Keyblade Graveyard. Sora taunts Sonic, calling him the super saiyan of the video game vs forum, and Sonic gets provoked. Right before our little blue Hedgehog blitzes the 15 year old pedophile, Link and Ventus appear out of primordial black holes to take part in the fight... No Genie Aura. Who wins? big grin

Winner gets to touch Zelda's extremely flat chest.
/troll.

Sonic does not touch flat chests.
Because he's such a gentleman, he pwns Link & Sora by himself, and then lets them touch Zelda's chest.

They brought it up in the Dante vs Sora thread earlier. I was kidding... although it's probably true stick out tongue

I hope the OoT Link in this thread isn't the young version...

TheAuraAngel
How 'bout that Magnet spell I heard so much about? Sora's incredibly fast too, right? And I don't recall seeing the phrase "Sonic is bloodlusted" anywhere in here.

Ventus stops time around Sora before magnet comes into play. Then proceeds to run them over.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Because he's such a gentleman, he pwns Link & Sora by himself, and then lets them touch Zelda's chest.

You wouldn't think it given the company he keeps.

If it is, Loys goes to jail. Which is acceptable.

linkownsyousobs
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Not responding.
/Troll.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
You are not fun good sir. At least reply to the insult to Zelda in this thread.

nope... no fun at all stick out tongue

By getting speed blitzed obviously.

lol... why yes, yes I did. Why? Because it amused me.

Ventus's spells are better, especially his magnet variations, and i doubt Sora, as fast as he is, can react to Sonic. Sonic doesn't have to be "bloodlusted" to win... if he was, Team 1 would be sad laughing

and this...

Ventus stops time around Sora before magnet comes into play. Then proceeds to run them over.

Because he's such a gentleman, he pwns Link & Sora by himself, and then lets Ventus touch Zelda's chest.

fixed... if Team 1 wants it, they have to work for it stick out tongue

as much as Sora would like that, no. It's adult Link.

You wouldn't think it given the company he keeps.

If it is, Loys goes to jail. Which is acceptable.

jerk no expression

MooCowofJustice
Without a Bloodlusted Sonic, I'm doubting he decides to move fast enough to blitz Sora and Link before they do anything. Sonic holds back a lot, or so I'm told. Don't really care about the little blue guy enough to have ever played one of his games.

Ventus is also slower than Sora without teleport, which you (or Aura, I think) think Sora has anyway. I could also argue that Sora has all of Ventus' abilities, what with having his heart and all.

linkownsyousobs
He got called a super saiyan.... he's pissed. Sonic isn't going to be holding back. stick out tongue

They both can teleport, Sonic can too via chaos control. Ventus's magic is superior to Sora's, if he had all of Ventus's abilities, he would be able to use them. Having his heart doesn't give him his powers.

TheAuraAngel
Ventus is also slower than Sora without teleport, which you (or Aura, I think) think Sora has anyway. I could also argue that Sora has all of Ventus' abilities, what with having his heart and all.

Ventus has teleport. Auto-teleport to be more precise. And your answer to Ven stopping time is where again?

Edit: Loys, you didn't mention bloodlust before so I will argue under the assumption that Sonic is treating this like a normal fight and is not desiring to rip anyone to shreads.

Also, the team up confuses me. Ven appears and immediately takes up arms against the only other person with a keyblade?

MooCowofJustice
He got called a super saiyan.... he's pissed. Sonic isn't going to be holding back. stick out tongue

They both can teleport, Sonic can too via chaos control. Ventus's magic is superior to Sora's, if he had all of Ventus's abilities, he would be able to use them. Having his heart doesn't give him his powers.

He's not a super saiyan?

Would you mind explaining why Sora is a Keyblade wielder, then?

Ventus has teleport. Auto-teleport to be more precise. And your answer to Ven stopping time is where again?

Edit: Loys, you didn't mention bloodlust before so I will argue under the assumption that Sonic is treating this like a normal fight and is not desiring to rip anyone to shreads.

Also, the team up confuses me. Ven appears and immediately takes up arms against the only other person with a keyblade?

I know. Yet strangely you've not mentioned Sora having one, though you believe he does, correct? My answer to it is Sora being faster.

I didn't know Sonic was ever the type to rip anyone to shreds though. Robots or something, sure.

TheAuraAngel
Would you mind explaining why Sora is a Keyblade wielder, then?

I know. Yet strangely you've not mentioned Sora having one, though you believe he does, correct? My answer to it is Sora being faster.

I didn't know Sonic was ever the type to rip anyone to shreds though. Robots or something, sure.

Sora has Ven's heart, which makes him a keyblade wielder. Does not immediately give Sora all of his abilities, save for an innate one or two.

Sora does. I can't see how it matters. Sora uses Magnet, Ven uses stop. Magnet is pointless as time abilities far outrank it in terms of usefulness.

Sonic Unleashed certainly strikes me as the Sonic who would rip someone to shreds.

Edit: Loys you little bastard. You take Xenocide off this minute. Be the Pravus instead.

MooCowofJustice
You have some selective logic. Wasn't it you I got into the argument with about Sora being able to summon four keyblades? You thought he could even though he only demonstrated the ability to call two of his own, and I said it was bullshit? And now Ventus' heart gives him a pretty big power and you won't believe it gives him any more?

Magnet lets Link hit people and stuff. It's nifty. How is Sonic's magic resistance?

The werehog thing, maybe. But isn't that thing loads slower than regular Sonic?

TheAuraAngel
You have some selective logic. Wasn't it you I got into the argument with about Sora being able to summon four keyblades? You thought he could even though he only demonstrated the ability to call two of his own, and I said it was bullshit? And now Ventus' heart gives him a pretty big power and you won't believe it gives him any more?

Magnet lets Link hit people and stuff. It's nifty. How is Sonic's magic resistance?

No, that was not me good sir. And yes, I will believe just that about the powers Ven's heart gives him until proven otherwise. Sora has had to learn every spell along the way and Ven's heart certainly didn't seem to help him any, except by teaching him how to skateboard, which I don't see as being much help here.

Stop time>Magnet. Ven stops time on them and then runs them over for laughs.

Dunno. Never played it.

MooCowofJustice
I think it was you. And that's too bad. 'cause it's a lot more believable than the keyblade thing. I wonder if Sora had the ability to use magic before Ventus' heart or the keyblade. Of course, for whatever reason spells seem to be items that you can just give somebody or pick up on the ground when you've beaten a boss. It would be nice to know how Ventus learned his spells.

I refuse to believe that Stop Time stops the effect of the Magnet spell, based solely on the fact that it doesn't affect anything else around, other than enemies and their bodies.

If I recall from vidyas his levels involve far more beat em up stuff. So I'd guess so.

TheAuraAngel
I think it was you. And that's too bad. 'cause it's a lot more believable than the keyblade thing. I wonder if Sora had the ability to use magic before Ventus' heart or the keyblade. Of course, for whatever reason spells seem to be items that you can just give somebody or pick up on the ground when you've beaten a boss. It would be nice to know how Ventus learned his spells.

I refuse to believe that Stop Time stops the effect of the Magnet spell, based solely on the fact that it doesn't affect anything else around, other than enemies and their bodies.

If I recall from vidyas his levels involve far more beat em up stuff. So I'd guess so.

There is this little fella named BloodRain who also has a tendency to argue for Sora. It is he you are thinking of good sir. And I dunno how Ventus learned his spells. All I know is Sora forgot them, meaning they are acquired knowledge.

It might not. You think that matters? Sora uses Magnet, Ven uses Stop. Endless circle. Or Ven can just decide to make them blind for lulz. That works too. As does mini.

Loys needs to do his job and provide feats.

MooCowofJustice
And yet he can just pick them up and be handed/loaned them. Same to how Ventus learns his. Yet, he can also combine his, like they were simply items. Hmm...

Link's pretty fast, too, ya know. I believe there's also a range for that time stop spell. Same with Magnet, but whatever. Mask/Lens of Truth > Blind, which isn't really blind anyway, it's simply obstructed vision.

How about Sora's forms? Final and all those noises, too.

TheAuraAngel
And yet he can just pick them up and be handed/loaned them. Same to how Ventus learns his. Yet, he can also combine his, like they were simply items. Hmm...

Link's pretty fast, too, ya know. I believe there's also a range for that time stop spell. Same with Magnet, but whatever. Mask/Lens of Truth > Blind, which isn't really blind anyway, it's simply obstructed vision.

How about Sora's forms? Final and all those noises, too.

Abilities in real life can be combined together so it's no stretch to assume the same can be said for magical abilities. Since when did nitpicking gameplay mechanics start counting as an argument?

Compared to these guys he is not. Teleport in range, problem solved. And I dunno. Lens of Truth seems to be used to find invisible things, not actually help the blind see.

I can't see how they matter at all here.

MadMel
The problem is that Sora's reaction time feats far outdo ven's. He could cast anything before Ven could.
Not to mention physically, Sora could very well rush up and smack Ven with his keyblade faster than Ven could use magic.
The obvious counterargument to that is Sonic could stop Sora, seeing as he's faster still.
But if Sonic went for Link first rather than Sora...

you get the idea. stick out tongue

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by MadMel
The problem is that Sora's reaction time feats far outdo ven's. He could cast anything before Ven could.
Not to mention physically, Sora could very well rush up and smack Ven with his keyblade faster than Ven could use magic.
The obvious counterargument to that is Sonic could stop Sora, seeing as he's faster still.
But if Sonic went for Link first rather than Sora...

you get the idea. stick out tongue

Auto-teleport says "Hai gais, who's up for a stop at the snack shack?"

Physically, either could kill Ven without much effort. They certainly have enough strength behind them. They just won't hit him is all.

MooCowofJustice
Abilities in real life can't be found on the ground after slaying something. Welcome to KMC games!

It sees through illusions, which is all that Blind would be. An illusion that obstructs vision. Link has dealt with teleports before. Pretty sure it happened in OoT a few times. We know he at least fought Ganon.

Bigger and better magic might help him out somehow. Perhaps allow him to trap Ventus in a Magnet while out of range of the time stop spell Ventus has that I really don't remember anyway. And doesn't Reflect block junk, too?

TheAuraAngel
Abilities in real life can't be found on the ground after slaying something. Welcome to KMC games!

It sees through illusions, which is all that Blind would be. An illusion that obstructs vision. Link has dealt with teleports before. Pretty sure it happened in OoT a few times. We know he at least fought Ganon.

Bigger and better magic might help him out somehow. Perhaps allow him to trap Ventus in a Magnet while out of range of the time stop spell Ventus has that I really don't remember anyway. And doesn't Reflect block junk, too?

Sure they can be. Just have to put things into perspective.

I've seen all the Ganon fights from OoT and I do not recall a teleport. Kindly supply one. Ven shrinks them or puts them to sleep in the meantime.

If he is in range to cast magic he is in range to be affected by it. And I don't think reflect would be capable of reflecting a stop time ability.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah. No. no expression Abilities also cannot be loaned.

I dunno then. Pretty sure there was one in OoT.

Why not? It blocks everything else. And I don't think so. Magic is different among the different forms. So far Final Form tends to have a bigger range on stuff, and more power in general.

TheAuraAngel
Yeah. No. no expression Abilities also cannot be loaned.

I dunno then. Pretty sure there was one in OoT.

Why not? It blocks everything else. And I don't think so. Magic is different among the different forms. So far Final Form tends to have a bigger range on stuff, and more power in general.

Put it in perspective young chap. wink

Kindly supply a video.

Sora can cast both magnet and reflect at the same time? Reflect reflects damage, which time stopping doesn't cause anyway so it doesn't matter matter much. And D-Link.

MadMel
D-link was useless. I never once used it when playing BBS. stick out tongue

But anyways - Auto-teleport is a gameplay mechanic. It still relies on Ven's reaction time, which is slower than Sora's. Not to mention just about all of Sora's major enemies could teleport as well. Indeed, the final boss of KH2 proves that Sora can move very quickly against teleporters. erm

The Scenario
The only teleport I remember in Ocarina of Time is with Phantom Ganon, but that's not so much teleporting as using portals to come out of a random painting, and Link had to guess which. Other than that, maybe Dark Link's 'diappear when damaged, then reappear' thing would count?

Also, Link uses Deku Nuts; wins.

TheAuraAngel
D-link was useless. I never once used it when playing BBS. stick out tongue

But anyways - Auto-teleport is a gameplay mechanic. It still relies on Ven's reaction time, which is slower than Sora's. Not to mention just about all of Sora's major enemies could teleport as well. Indeed, the final boss of KH2 proves that Sora can move very quickly against teleporters. erm

I can say the same thing. Much for fun with them though. Especially the harder fights.

Auto-teleport is an ability granted from a D-Link. It's legitimate. And I never said Sora couldn't react to teleporting foes. Just the majority of them are not stopping time with their attacks.

Originally posted by The Scenario
The only teleport I remember in Ocarina of Time is with Phantom Ganon, but that's not so much teleporting as using portals to come out of a random painting, and Link had to guess which. Other than that, maybe Dark Link's 'diappear when damaged, then reappear' thing would count?

Also, Link uses Deku Nuts; wins.

Nope. stick out tongue

There is a bit of a problem with that.

MadMel
They wouldn't need to. The majority of them would one-hit kill Sora with a combo after the teleported. erm
(unless last chance and once more were activated, obviously. wink )

also - remind me, does stop wear off after a hit or a combo?

TheAuraAngel
They wouldn't need to. The majority of them would one-hit kill Sora with a combo after the teleported. erm
(unless last chance and once more were activated, obviously. wink )

also - remind me, does stop wear off after a hit or a combo?

Well Sephiroth maybe but no one else comes to mind. And it's not like he's casting magic after the teleporting. stick out tongue

I don't remember. Not that it matters because once stop is in play, Ven can one hit them with a FTL attack. stick out tongue

MadMel
Sorry I was counting Vanitus as well for some reason. stick out tongue

And I doubt Ven would be strong enough to 1-hit Sora. erm

TheAuraAngel
Sorry I was counting Vanitus as well for some reason. stick out tongue

And I doubt Ven would be strong enough to 1-hit Sora. erm

Vanitus was a bastard. Hated him.

He is if he cheats. evillaugh

Note: Realized earlier that D-Linking with Mickey would give him Auto-teleport but it would not give him the time stop spell. Looks like Team one stands more of a chance now then before. Need to ask Loys if Ven starts in his armor or not.

Edit: It does give him Mini though, which he could use to screw Team 1 over.

MadMel
I like Vanitus' keyblade. And his stance (it was like Riku's stance, only better stick out tongue )

Does mini slow people down? Because if not Sora can still outrun him until it wears off. Hell, he could probably attack Ven's ankles.

There's also a possibility that reflega could guard against mini and stop. It works against every other kind of magic. erm

TheAuraAngel
I like Vanitus' keyblade. And his stance (it was like Riku's stance, only better stick out tongue )

Does mini slow people down? Because if not Sora can still outrun him until it wears off. Hell, he could probably attack Ven's ankles.

There's also a possibility that reflega could guard against mini and stop. It works against every other kind of magic. erm

He wishes he could match Riku's awesomeness. 313

Ven runs them over.

Most magic I can recall it working against was projectile magic that appear to be blockable. If you can bring up and example, I'll reconsider the mini argument.

MadMel
I didn't like Riku much for some reason. Maybe it was the whole "I'm Anakin Skywalker in reverse" thing, but he just bugged me.

That and he was damn near useless in the Xemnas fight. stick out tongue

I can't give you an example because no enemies in KH1 or 2 use stop or mini. wink
My argument is simply since reflect was designed to block all magic attacks, I don't see why it wouldn't work against a magic attack like stop or mini.

linkownsyousobs

again... Ventus's spells and commands are better than Sora's. Sonic doesn't need resistance because Ventus is the better caster.

TIME SPLICER
Slot Blade + Magnera
Note: Ven Only // Rare //
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/943347-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep/faqs/60070

he also has zero graviga, stop, and a bunch of magnet variations too, like Magnet Spiral for instance. Ther's others, but I can't think of their names. I think one of them cast stop on your enemy too.

Ventus's wingblade style gives him 6 blades... just saying.

The commands you buy in the mirage arena can heal your allies too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAs96eony7o&feature=related
2:25
The werehog form is slower than regular Sonic, but he's still faster than Link.

.Loys needs to do his job and provide feats.

more feats for werehog...

7fwha8nEEXw

1:28 strength feat

M-f55B7x72M

durability feat at the beginning

k6SbmZroD7w

feats for reg. Sonic and super start at 1:15 - 3:12

edit: why can't I keep Xenocide?

MadMel
You know what? F*ck it. TAA, I'm making a new thread. erm

Remi8193
Can't we just use one Link with all the Powers and Abilities, to make it even? Besides there all Canon and all the Link's have the same clothing and items sort of.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Remi8193
Can't we just use one Link with all the Powers and Abilities, to make it even? Besides there all Canon and all the Link's have the same clothing and items sort of.

That would make Link very unbalanced power wise compared to everyone else. Do you realize how much crap that would give him?

Remi8193
Yeah exactly, but all the other characters are unbalanced. Including his moves from SC2 and SSB

MadMel
The only move from smash bros that would help link is his final smash, and Ven could most likely dodge that. Sonic definitely could.

Not to mention smash bros is non canon, and neither is Link's appearance in sc2.

TheAuraAngel
Yeah exactly, but all the other characters are unbalanced. Including his moves from SC2 and SSB

Sonic, sure. Ventus and Sora are still new in comparison to Link. They don't have nearly the same number of abilities/items/powers as Link.

ScreamPaste
Separate Links should generally be debated separately, Remi. >=( Shoo with your nonsense.

Remi8193
The only move from smash bros that would help link is his final smash, and Ven could most likely dodge that. Sonic definitely could.

Not to mention smash bros is non canon, and neither is Link's appearance in sc2.
Yeah but Link is facing Sonic though so that is balanced.

I know SSB is non-canon but his moves aren't since most of them are originated from the old zelda games. Think this link would help you to understand of what I'm saying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_7FSneBDQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4VbtR9SjRs&feature=related

You don't need to bother watching all of it, its just an example.

SCII is canon for Link because it set after MM when he actually grows into an adult.

ScreamPaste
Gee, funny how after MM he wouldn't have the Master Sword, or any of the other crap from older Zelda games he uses in SCII.

MadMel
Considering he only appears in the gamecube version of SCII, there's no way his appearance is canon. erm
And link being an adult could refer to any zelda game, so that point is moot as well. erm

Remi8193
Considering he only appears in the gamecube version of SCII, there's no way his appearance is canon. erm
And link being an adult could refer to any zelda game, so that point is moot as well. erm
Yeah its canon for SC series, so thats like WTF!!!!!!

It makes sense though because The Master Sword always moves to different pedestals, because on OOT the sword first started in door of time. Few years can change, because now the sword appears in the some sort of forest which shows in the intro

I don't know

MadMel
Yea, but Link appearing in a completely different series in of itself means it's non canon.
Not that it matters. His SCII attacks weren't any better than his normal ones erm

Remi8193
Yea, but Link appearing in a completely different series in of itself means it's non canon.
Not that it matters. His SCII attacks weren't any better than his normal ones erm
Yeah, but SC actually has a story that involves them returning to there own worlds, time, whatever. Unlike others that has guest character like the new Naruto:UNS2 which has Lars, but he has no background story of how he got there and also DWStrikeforce has Ninja Gaiden Characters. MvsC doesn't count because its like a "what if Capcom and Marvel Universe Collided. All the MK series are non-canon now because the new one is set like after 2 so its a remake of 3, yeah its about Raiden from the future warns MK9 Raiden about the Armaggadon.

MadMel
I don't see how time travel makes the entire MK series non canon. That's just flawed logic on your part. erm

And while SC maybe be canon, Link's appearance is not. Same as smash bros.

It's like saying the KH versions of Cloud and Sephiroth are canon, which is simply not true.

Remi8193
I don't see how time travel makes the entire MK series non canon. That's just flawed logic on your part. erm

And while SC maybe be canon, Link's appearance is not. Same as smash bros.

It's like saying the KH versions of Cloud and Sephiroth are canon, which is simply not true.
It not like saying Cloud and Sephiroth are non-canon (lol srry typo, it not my fault I'm auetistic) because KH counterparts are different because they don't really have the same back storyand aerith is still alive, but unlike SC2 it says Link travel to there world. MK vs DC is canon to MK series because its No. 8

MadMel
It's exactly the same. You can't have both - just one or the other.

Link never canonically traveled to the SC universe, because they are two completely different games. Having Link in a game that is not a LOZ game is non canon, just as having Cloud and Sephy in a game that's not part of the ff7 games is non canon.

Remi8193
It's exactly the same. You can't have both - just one or the other.

Link never canonically traveled to the SC universe, because they are two completely different games. Having Link in a game that is not a LOZ game is non canon, just as having Cloud and Sephy in a game that's not part of the ff7 games is non canon.
Read it again please

MadMel
I did. It doesn't change the validity of my post in any way.

Remi8193
I did. It doesn't change the validity of my post in any way.
yeah it does because, I accidently said Canon instead of non-Canon

MadMel
Still doesn't change the validity of my post in any way. erm

But I'll rephrase it anyways.

Link appearing in a zelda game is canon. Link appearing in a game that's NOT a zelda game (like ssb or sc2) is non canon.

Cloud and sephy appearing in FF7 is canon. Them appearing in a game that's not a part of the FF7 franchise (like dissidia and KH) is non canon.

Remi8193
Still doesn't change the validity of my post in any way. erm

But I'll rephrase it anyways.

Link appearing in a zelda game is canon. Link appearing in a game that's NOT a zelda game (like ssb or sc2) is non canon.

Cloud and sephy appearing in FF7 is canon. Them appearing in a game that's not a part of the FF7 franchise (like dissidia and KH) is non canon.
Uhh Dissidia is Canon because its made by Square Enix and it takes place between FFVII and AC. I said KH is non-Canon to FF you didn't read it did you? But Link has a story in SC2 while SSB is just nothing just a beat 'im' up. Nintendo licensed the SC2 game and put there one there characters on a Nintendo Cube version. So yeah I think that counts as canon.

MadMel
Dissidia is not canon.
It is in fact a direct sequel to FF1, but Square themselves said that it was non canon.

I DID read, but simply reading your words doesn't make them true.
Your explanation makes no sense, and it contradicts itself, so it's moot.

Remi8193
Dissidia is not canon.
It is in fact a direct sequel to FF1, but Square themselves said that it was non canon.

I DID read, but simply reading your words doesn't make them true.
Your explanation makes no sense, and it contradicts itself, so it's moot.
What part didn't make sense, I said Cloud and Sephiroth from KH are non-canon back they dont have the same backstory as there counterparts and also Aerith is still alive.

Its got to be Canon since its a FF game and they all return to there worlds.

MadMel
the contradictory part was that you said that SCII has a story, wheras ssb is just a beatemup.
sc2 is 'just' a fighter.
and ssb also has a story, albeit a story akin to that of a silent movie.

That part that doesn't make sense is when you said sc2 link is canon just because he has a story. so?
Canon is based on what games the character's are in, not how the characters are presented in those games.

And no. If Square say Dissidia is not canon, it's not canon.
If it were canon, it would bring up quite a few plot holes and retcon a good portion of the original FF1.

Remi8193
the contradictory part was that you said that SCII has a story, wheras ssb is just a beatemup.
sc2 is 'just' a fighter.
and ssb also has a story, albeit a story akin to that of a silent movie.

That part that doesn't make sense is when you said sc2 link is canon just because he has a story. so?
Canon is based on what games the character's are in, not how the characters are presented in those games.

If it were canon, it would bring up quite a few plot holes and retcon a good portion of the original FF1.
SSBB Story is not really a story at all because there was barely any dialogue, none of it made sense and there basically just trophies

Wouldn't Dissidia be classed as a canon because i thought the timeline on all of the final fantasy's was:

FFI - Dissidia FF
FFII - Dissidia FF
FFIII - Dissidia FF
FFIV - Dissidia FF - FFIV:TAY
FFV - Dissidia FF - FF:LotC
FFVI - Dissidia FF
BCFFVII - CCFFVII - FFVII - FFT - Dissidia FF - Novellas - FFACC
FFVIII - Dissidia FF
FFIX - Dissidia FF
FFX - Dissidia FF - FFX-2

It's like saying AC and FFV is non-canon because its a movie not a game. All well I still considered them as my personal canons except for SSB.

Star Wars Expanded Universe and how their canon works - they'll count anything as canon!

That said, acording to Wookipedia it is actually listed as non-canonical - but, there was a comic produces that tied into the game that was presented under the Infinities banner, which covers alternate universe takes on Star Wars (like Marvel comics old What If? series), so it's actually canonically non-canonical, if that makes sense.

MadMel
Just because it's silent doesn't mean it doesn't have a story.

I for one liked the change of pace from the usual talking.
And it made plenty of sense.

Remi8193
Just because it's silent doesn't mean it doesn't have a story.

I for one liked the change of pace from the usual talking.
And it made plenty of sense.
Just like DBGT is non-canon because Akira said so.

MadMel
DBGT more so because -
1. Akira had very little to do with its creation.
2. Dragon Ball Online (the story of which was written by Toriyama and IS canon) retcons everything from DBGT. stick out tongue

Remi8193
DBGT more so because -
1. Akira had very little to do with its creation.
2. Dragon Ball Online (the story of which was written by Toriyama and IS canon) retcons everything from DBGT. stick out tongue
It says it non-canon on dragonball.wikia.com

Remi8193
Another reason I call it a canon because its actually Link who travel's to Earth then he returns to Hyrule, that's another reason why it makes sense cause it instead of just mentioning there background story like on KH when you go on the database it tell's you of what film or game there from, it is actually for real. Same goes for Dissidia and the reason for FF1 because you have to create your character and has no default so it makes me think the warrior of light is default and the only hero because on the intro it shows him aswell on the psone version. Doesn't really say how many heroe's there meant to be even though you can create up to 4 and customize there class. I have no idea this makes sense or not, because I'm so tired.

MadMel

Remi8193

But with other games and media they count as other crossovers as canon's such as Star Wars (anything is Canon for them), Tekken (Heihachi was in SC2), Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia(SC:L), Spawn, GOW (Kratos is in MK9 and SCIV:PSP), they also said its possible for Link to be Canon even though its Canon for the SC2. Actually I think SC is the only game that counts Guests as Canon's even if its a exclusive.

MadMel
But with other games and media they count as other crossovers as canon's such as Star Wars (anything is Canon for them)
There are very clearly outlined 'rules of canon' that apply to that series. George Lucas and the movies are considered more canon than books and video games, for example.

Tekken (Heihachi was in SC2), Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia(SC:L), Spawn, GOW (Kratos is in MK9 and SCIV:PSP) Where does it say that they are canon?

they also said its possible for Link to be Canon even though its Canon for the SC2. Actually I think SC is the only game that counts Guests as Canon's even if its a exclusive.
If that's true why didn't you say so in the first place?

It says it non-canon on dragonball.wikia.com
Forgot to address this. That site is wrong. DB-O is very much canon, seeing as Toriyama himself wrote it's story.

Remi8193
soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soulcalibur_Wiki
www.soulpedia.net
aselia.wikia.com/
tekken.wikia.com
www.tekkenpedia.net
Mortalkombat.wikia.com
Godofwar.wikia.com
That's all the pages I went to

MadMel
Oh look, more websites that can be edited by anyone! roll eyes (sarcastic)

For all I know you could have changed those websites yourself so that they display that information. It wouldn't surprise me. I've known people to make multiple accounts and edit wiki articles just to insult people.

Remi8193
Oh look, more websites that can be edited by anyone! roll eyes (sarcastic)

For all I know you could have changed those websites yourself so that they display that information. It wouldn't surprise me. I've known people to make multiple accounts and edit wiki articles just to insult people.
I'm not even insulting you wtf, and no I don't change anything on them all I do is read them for research. I have better things to do then edit every single thing thats on there, theres awhole load of info why would I edit it, including the pictures and the theme

linkownsyousobs
Meh, it doesn't really matter. If Link is cannon in SC2, it isn't cannon for the game he originally came from. Miyamoto never sent OoT Link to another game... unless u count MM no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.