Dead Island

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AthenasTrgrFngr
a new zombie game! trailer:

ialZcLaI17Y

cant wait to see some gameplay @.@

Juk3n
that might just be the most epic trailer for any videogame ever made. If the actual game is anywhere near as emotional as that trailer, it will be a glorious gaming event.

MadMel
That was quite good.

I admit I'm intrigued. smile

ArtificialGlory
Is the trailer trying to tuck on my heartstrings? Cause it ain't working.

General_Iroh
If the gameplay is as good as that trailer then we'll be in for one helluva zombie game.

Kazenji
going by what it has on its wikipedia page seems to be taking some idea's from Left 4 Dead.

Ridley_Prime
No surprise there.

BackFire
Might be the best trailer I've ever seen for a video game.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Juk3n
that might just be the most epic trailer for any videogame ever made. If the actual game is anywhere near as emotional as that trailer, it will be a glorious gaming event. Originally posted by BackFire
Might be the best trailer I've ever seen for a video game.

Meh. 6/10 for me.

Nephthys
You have no soul. erm

StyleTime
I enjoyed the trailer and hope they can deliver on the gameplay.

Aura Angel's "6/10" was just a typo btw. ha-som

srankmissingnin
In this day and age if you are going to make cg trailer that doesn't run on the game engine then you better bring it (see Mass Effect 3 trailer). Like TheAuraAngel said, this was "meh".

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Nephthys
You have no soul. erm Originally posted by StyleTime
I enjoyed the trailer and hope they can deliver on the gameplay.

Aura Angel's "6/10" was just a typo btw. ha-som

What can I say? The showing of everything in reverse just bugs me. I didn't find it particularly emotional and right now I just want to watch the superior scene from Night of the Living Dead. erm

BackFire
These days, if a video game trailer does anything that doesn't involve people shooting things with the backdrop of generic rock music, it impresses me. The fact that they at least tried to do something original and unique, with a trailer no less, should speak to their dedication of actually doing something good and original with this game.

MooCowofJustice
So I guess I'm the only one that didn't really care at all.

Nephthys
Christ you have bad taste. Meow.

RE: Blaxican
That's been established for awhile. Moo just likes everything that sucks and hates everything that's good in the world.

MooCowofJustice
I appreciate the complement sir, but I am afraid that I am not Jesus Christ. The man you seek is long dead.

On the topic of this video, it's really not impressive at all. And as for emotional, well, I've come closer to tears in Nintendo games.

Phanteros
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
So I guess I'm the only one that didn't really care at all. You're not the only one, I'm getting tired of all this undead crap.

wammamram
the trailer did look nice, but it didnt really make me emoitional

NemeBro
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I appreciate the complement *compliment

Peach
The trailer is definitely awesome, I really like how they did it.

Not interested in anything else with it, though. So bored with this obsession with zombies.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Peach

Not interested in anything else with it, though. So bored with this obsession with zombies.

So why did you post then erm

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Kazenji

To comment on the wanked trailer.

ringtones
will this game be ever made?

Juk3n
Originally posted by ringtones
will this game be ever made?

Nope, found out it's a melee based Left 4 Dead with ..wait for it...HEAVY METAL PLAYING AS THE SOUND TRACK..

not even creepy ambiance , Heavy Metal, they've lost me, making it a Hack n Slash i can get past, L4D is basically just a Shoot n Slash, but having Bulletstorm "RAWK" music playing through the game has turned me right off. Score 1 for the anti-immersion.

steverules_2

To post an opinion....no expression

Anyways I like the look of the trailer, got people crying or so I heard. It was pretty sad but set the mood pretty well. I'll get it when it's out, I've seen photo's...saw an electrified machete and you can make your own weapons so it's slightly like Dead rising 2 in a way.

Darth Piggott
I will be getting this game, because of my obsession with zombies, and it's resemblance to dead rising

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
To post an opinion....no expression

Yeah and one thats complete moot

its like saying 'i like the look of the new Batman game but the actual character does'nt interest me'

Impediment
After studying up on this game, I'm pumped to play this. This is definitely going to be a must buy for me.

The trailer, by the way, was amazingly done. I think that it was very brutal, yet saddening.

Kazenji
From what i've read with the characters theres no character development

when you select one of the 4 (i think theres 4 could be wrong) it has a description about there history and then thats it.

jinXed by JaNx
game is gonna be a blast

StyleTime
I certainly hope so.

Nemesis X
I just recently pre-ordered this game. Looking forward to it.

T.M
Not sure if this has been mentioned but that "trailer" in the OP isn't actually a trailer for the game. It is set within the world of the game yes, but there are no clips of game play or cut screens from the game that I am aware of. Also it wasn't even made by the same people that made the game.

Nemesis X
....................................................................................

Zack Fair
Originally posted by T.M
Not sure if this has been mentioned but that "trailer" in the OP isn't actually a trailer for the game. It is set within the world of the game yes, but there are no clips of game play or cut screens from the game that I am aware of. Also it wasn't even made by the same people that made the game.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by T.M

to bad you missed out on the countless videos of gameplay that litter the internet. Do you know how to research a subject or do you just make shit up?

Kazenji
Just noticed this game is from the same developer who did the Call Of Juarez games

hoping this game's quality from the team is more like the first two Call Of Juarez then the latest one thats out.

Nemesis X
Just noticed this game is from the same developer who did the Call Of Juarez games

hoping this game's quality from the team is more like the first two Call Of Juarez then the latest one thats out.

You just made me feel like I'm wasting $60. Thanks.

Well if it's true that a team from outside his company is assisting in this undead project, it better be good.

Kazenji
Well its pretty well known about the latest Call Of Juarez game thats out......its shit

unless while they were doing the latest one they just went **** it lets all concetrate on this Dead Island game.

T.M
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
to bad you missed out on the countless videos of gameplay that litter the internet. Do you know how to research a subject or do you just make shit up?

I know there are gameplay trailers all over the internet. Just to clarify I am not down on this game, the gameplay trailers look decent I just think some people are putting to much stock in the trailer from the OP that as I said wasn't made by Techland who developed the game. This isn't me "making shit up", its a fact.

Nemesis X
People are only interested in the trailer because it gives an emotional impact most videogame trailers wouldn't deliver. If you think we're stupid enough to buy a game just for it's cinematic scenes and not it's gameplay, you may want to stop where you're at and think about what you're saying.

T.M
No, no I agree the trailer looks amazing, and I am not accusing anyone here of being stupid. I am just pointing out that the trailer wasn't made by the developers of the game, so it isn't going to be a true representation of the game. Surely you guys can appreciate that not everyone who would have seen that trailer would have been as knowledgeable as the vast majority of gamers.

Smasandian
I'm going to wait too see if this is any good.

From what I read, it has the potential but right now, it looks like L4D mixed in with Dead Rising and played from the first person perspective.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by T.M
No, no I agree the trailer looks amazing, and I am not accusing anyone here of being stupid. I am just pointing out that the trailer wasn't made by the developers of the game, so it isn't going to be a true representation of the game. Surely you guys can appreciate that not everyone who would have seen that trailer would have been as knowledgeable as the vast majority of gamers.

facepalm

Impediment
pVzRo39P31I

The more I look at the gameplay, the more I'm reminded of Borderlands.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
pVzRo39P31I

The more I look at the gameplay, the more I'm reminded of Borderlands.

Wow. That game looks like a pile of shit. erm

This is the first gameplay footage I saw and I was thinking about renting this.

Now?

Definitely not.

The first person view on this game is part of the problem. It just didn't work and irritated me for some reason. 3rd person view would have been a better choice. Also...if you swing a machete at a person...it will hack off some limbs (it does do that...but the "high level" zombies take lots of swings...holy shit, just typing that out annoyed me). I don't like the "level" aspect to the enemies. Like you said, Borderlands-esque. While the "knock down" and "knocked around" feel to the game adds some realism...it's just very annoying to me. The throwing of weapons was nice...but how tedious the "camera" work was showing you picking up that shit...and how tedious is it to constantly have to re-retrieve your crap? I liked the approach to a "sticky-grenade": a sticky knife grenade. lol. Nice.

I DO, however, like the crafting approach to the game. I also like the leveling up system. I just don't like the fact that the zombies also level up.

RAWR...I almost hate this game because of how irritated that 20 minute preview made me.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by dadudemon

Now?

Definitely not.

Exaggerating a bit don't ya think?

I think that adding first person in a horror game is usually the best choice for it sometimes gives you that feeling you're actually in the game. Silly assumption I know but it works. Btw, If you think you're sick of the first person view right now, you obviously haven't seen Cloverfield yet.

Tougher enemies require more damage. I thought this was common knowledge.

Meh. The level aspect seems alright.

Well that's ironic considering the fact that you just talked about realism one sentence ago. You do realize that items just don't magically come back to you right after you throw them right?

I see no harm in adding a level up sytem to the enemies since it provides a challenge sometimes.

I wouldn't really judge gameplay on a video if I were you and just play the game to know how it really feels.

Kazenji

Now?

Definitely not.

The first person view on this game is part of the problem. It just didn't work and irritated me for some reason. 3rd person view would have been a better choice. Also...if you swing a machete at a person...it will hack off some limbs (it does do that...but the "high level" zombies take lots of swings...holy shit, just typing that out annoyed me). I don't like the "level" aspect to the enemies. Like you said, Borderlands-esque. While the "knock down" and "knocked around" feel to the game adds some realism...it's just very annoying to me. The throwing of weapons was nice...but how tedious the "camera" work was showing you picking up that shit...and how tedious is it to constantly have to re-retrieve your crap? I liked the approach to a "sticky-grenade": a sticky knife grenade. lol. Nice.

I DO, however, like the crafting approach to the game. I also like the leveling up system. I just don't like the fact that the zombies also level up.

RAWR...I almost hate this game because of how irritated that 20 minute preview made me.

*Facepalm*

dadudemon
*Facepalm*

I know, right? How dare I have an opinion about shitty viewing angles and lame "visual" actions.

ArtificialGlory
I agree with dadudemon on the camera thing. It gets tedious real fast.

Nephthys
Jesus, this game looks ****ing brutal. Disagree on the first person thing. It makes it a lot more visceral imo.

Smasandian
If it wasn't a first person game then this would be a complete knock off of Dead Rising.

StyleTime
3rd person view would have been a better choice.
I was thinking the same thing.

Smasandian
I like the first person approach. I wasn't really interested too much into this game but I saw how the integrated the first person view into the game, my interest grew.

I don't like some FPS that don't show any movements in the hand. If you trying to be immerse me into the game, having the door open like a ghost kills it for me.

I played FEAR 2 and whenever you get a prompt to do something, a hand comes out and does it while Deus Ex: HR, it just magically appears.

dadudemon
Originally posted by StyleTime
I was thinking the same thing.

That's because you're smart and have a highly refined gaming palette. Amirite? laughing

Originally posted by Smasandian
If it wasn't a first person game then this would be a complete knock off of Dead Rising.

Dead Rising...Dead Island. Both games are action adventure types with RPG elements. Both are Zombie apocalypse types. I am quite sure that "differentiating" the games from a superficial level, at this point, is completely unnecessary. After so much...there's really no point to try and make them completely different when they are already very similar...even in their damn names.

Well, Dead Rising takes a different approach to everything including the graphics. True that there is an upgrade system but just the general direction seems a lot different than Dead Island.

Adding the 3rd person view and getting of that awful shaky camera motion stuff would have only done the game a favor. You know...I wouldn't be so irritated with that game if the changed it to third person and got rid of some of the really stupid animations (like picking up items).

There's nothing wrong with them going to 3rd person in that game because they did pretty much build the entire character model for the main character...so what's the problem with them doing it?

Nemesis X
That's because you're smart and have a highly refined gaming palette. Amirite? laughing

No I think he's just siding with anyone with equally bad taste.

So? The same can be said for any shooter that has you playing as an American soldier who has to kill dozens of terrorists and even though that concept is in a bunch of games like Call of Duty and Battlefield, they can still be differentiated and be well praised no matter how much of said concept has been used over the years.

What else do you want the developers to call the game besides Dead Island? Zombie Island? Tropical Nightmare? Lame.

Are you saying this as a good thing or a bad thing?

You got that backwards. Adding first person instead of third is what did the game a favor. If it was in third person, it would then look like Dead Rising.

"Oh noes! My character is picking up items like a regular person! Now I have to not be a lazy ass and actually go get it! WORST GAME EVAR!!!" That's all I'm reading in that sentence.

I believe there's going to be cut scenes unless those trailers told me otherwise and from what I saw in some gameplay footage, you can actually see their bodies if you just simply look down. You can also see the other characters when you do some CO-OP in the game.

I have to know. Who is paying you to say all this negative stuff? 'Cause whoever payed you should get their money back for you're just not doing a good job keeping us away from this game.

ArtificialGlory
You've found us out, Nemesis. I've been paying dadudemon to say all the bad stuff about Dead Island.

Smasandian

Dead Rising...Dead Island. Both games are action adventure types with RPG elements. Both are Zombie apocalypse types. I am quite sure that "differentiating" the games from a superficial level, at this point, is completely unnecessary. After so much...there's really no point to try and make them completely different when they are already very similar...even in their damn names.

Well, Dead Rising takes a different approach to everything including the graphics. True that there is an upgrade system but just the general direction seems a lot different than Dead Island.

Adding the 3rd person view and getting of that awful shaky camera motion stuff would have only done the game a favor. You know...I wouldn't be so irritated with that game if the changed it to third person and got rid of some of the really stupid animations (like picking up items).

There's nothing wrong with them going to 3rd person in that game because they did pretty much build the entire character model for the main character...so what's the problem with them doing it?

Changing perspective in a game can be a big difference. Dead Island clearly wants to immerse players into the game while Dead Rising completely took you out of the game.

It's not a knock on Dead Rising.

StyleTime

That explanation works for me. laughing out loud

Originally posted by Nemesis X
No I think he's just siding with anyone with equally bad taste.

sad
I like the first person approach. I wasn't really interested too much into this game but I saw how the integrated the first person view into the game, my interest grew.

I don't like some FPS that don't show any movements in the hand. If you trying to be immerse me into the game, having the door open like a ghost kills it for me.

I played FEAR 2 and whenever you get a prompt to do something, a hand comes out and does it while Deus Ex: HR, it just magically appears.
I guess I should clarify. I quoted that sentence from dadudemon because that is what I agree with.

I do think the first person view can work in this game; however, I feel that third person would have been a better choice. I don't feel that first person camera's are required for immersion.
You got that backwards. Adding first person instead of third is what did the game a favor. If it was in third person, it would then look like Dead Rising.

We're suggesting a change of camera perspective, dude. 3rd person camera is not some original game mechanic that Dead Rising invented.

You brought up Battlefield and Call of Duty earlier. Would you support a camera change simply to look different from a competitor?

MadMel
A third person view of Dead Island would be much better IMO. First person animations for hitting things with machete/baseball bats look extremely unrealistic and boring.

Smasandian
The case is pointless. I assume the developers went with the 1st person because well, they did.

Kazenji
We're suggesting a change of camera perspective, dude. 3rd person camera is not some original game mechanic that Dead Rising invented.?

I think what Nemesis X was getting at is if the creators did go with 3rd person look, then people would compare this game to Dead Rising.

dadudemon
So? The same can be said for any shooter that has you playing as an American soldier who has to kill dozens of terrorists and even though that concept is in a bunch of games like Call of Duty and Battlefield, they can still be differentiated and be well praised no matter how much of said concept has been used over the years.

And you think that this somehow makes me change my mind?

No. Of course I agree that there are several FPS "terrorist" games. They are very similar, obviously. So much so that there have been parodies of it on 4chan. (They do parodies of everyone. I love you, anon. )

What else do you want the developers to call the game besides Dead Island? Zombie Island? Tropical Nightmare? Lame.

Yes, Zombie Island would have been a better choice consider the large overlap with Dead Rising in it's direction.

However, there's much better choices than just "Zombie Island" or "Dead Island".

It's a bit on the lame side, on their part. But you like lame, so of course you think a better name would not be as good as the lame choice.

Are you saying this as a good thing or a bad thing?

Neither.

The art is totally different in Dead Island. Even the atmosphere is totally different.

I obviously strongly disagree. It is so bad (it irritated me even watching gameplay) that it is no longer a game I will play. I was interested in it before I saw gameplay.

Amazing what a shitty approach to a "camera" system will do to a game, isn't it?

The game also looks a bit cheap and thoroughly unpolished. If I were to guess, it will get 6s and 7s on most review sites. smile

"Oh noes! My character is picking up items like a regular person! Now I have to not be a lazy ass and actually go get it! WORST GAME EVAR!!!" That's all I'm reading in that sentence.

No, you've got that wrong:

"OH GNOES! My character is spending quite a large amount of time executing tedious animation tasks that look retarded and clunky! The programmers are idiots!"

But of course you'd read differently because you apparently like "lame".

I believe there's going to be cut scenes unless those trailers told me otherwise and from what I saw in some gameplay footage, you can actually see their bodies if you just simply look down. You can also see the other characters when you do some CO-OP in the game.

To be honest, the game DOES look like it has some good stories. When a game is unplayable because of it's shitty design, I will watch the cutscenes on youtube because I do enjoy good stories in games.

I have to know. Who is paying you to say all this negative stuff? 'Cause whoever payed you should get their money back for you're just not doing a good job keeping us away from this game.

How am I supposed to convince people that I hate the perspective, little character animation sequences, and shaky "viewing" work when you guys were convinced already that you liked it before I started posting in this thread? Seems like you should get your money taken away for trying to advertise the game because you've done nothing but rage about how awesome it is and how shitty my opinion is.

Changing perspective in a game can be a big difference. Dead Island clearly wants to immerse players into the game while Dead Rising completely took you out of the game.

It's not a knock on Dead Rising.

I agree. That's definitely the direction they were taking with the game. It just doesn't work for me in a very bad way. I'm obviously not the only one. I mean...didn't you get a bit frustrated watching the gameplay and watching the person struggle just to do anything? Sure..they seemed bad, but the clunkiness of first person wasn't the only problems, as I've pointed out. It's also how wobbly and shaky everything is.

Major motion sickness problems in that game. I never get motion sickness but for every person like me that gets irritated, there's a bajillion others that will get motion sickness.

And, that was my point: it's not a knock off of Dead Rising. I made it quite clear that it is very different. Sure...it would be grouped in the same area as Dead Rising (Action adventure RPG in a zombie apocalyptic setting..in fact, that's so specific that it's going to be hard to avoid the comparisons).

Also, other games are out there that allow a switch between first person and 3rd person. It's quite nice. Some things you want first person like sniping or viewing walls/puzzles. Other things, like melee, work great in 3rd person. I'm drawing a blank but didn't Fable 2 and 3 do this...and Mass Effect 2?

I can't remember. But I remember something fairly recent that I played that was marvelously lovely because of the ability to switch.

And, about the shitty animations when you pick stuff up. They should have just done what was see in Fallout 3 and NV (and any other modern RPG): aim at the object and hit a button to instantly pick it up. None of this slowly pick stuff up crap that we saw in the game. Realism works really well in a game...but you can only take it so far. They not only took it a bit far with the item picking up sequences...but they did a very shitty job about it.

Maybe I am I so irritated with this game because I was looking forward to it so much. *sigh* I am disappoint.

Nephthys
Originally posted by MadMel
A third person view of Dead Island would be much better IMO. First person animations for hitting things with machete/baseball bats look extremely unrealistic and boring.

Boring? The impact of those weapons actually made me flinch! You have to be unbelievably jaded if that footage looked 'boring' to you.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
Boring? The impact of those weapons actually made me flinch! You have to be unbelievably jaded if that footage looked 'boring' to you.

I'm jaded, then. no expression

You can do similar stuff in the Fallout games: swing a club..and it busts a head right off and blood squirts out. You can hack off arms and legs, too.

We can agree that the game does look immersive.

Smasandian
Yeah, and I think that's a good direction the developers are taking. It got me more interested in the game.

Like I said before, I rather have animations picking weapons up then a game where you walk over the weapon and it magically gets picked up.

How would it look in a 3rd person game where the character never picks something up and it just magically gets done? Why should it be different for first person games.

Look at Crysis, you have to pick up weapons to get ammo and every action has an animation. It made the game much for immersive because of that reason.

In the end, it all depends on the game. Dead Island was built with those animations in mind so it doesn't feel annoying or anything. If you added those animations in a game like CoD, it wouldn't feel right.

Nephthys
I'm jaded, then. no expression

You can do similar stuff in the Fallout games: swing a club..and it busts a head right off and blood squirts out. You can hack off arms and legs, too.

We can agree that the game does look immersive.

Whats your point? The Fallout games are excellent.

dadudemon
Yeah, and I think that's a good direction the developers are taking. It got me more interested in the game.

Like I said before, I rather have animations picking weapons up then a game where you walk over the weapon and it magically gets picked up.

How would it look in a 3rd person game where the character never picks something up and it just magically gets done? Why should it be different for first person games.

I still like the magical pick up teleporting pickup thing.

Well, I guess the game could do better at doing the item pick up thing. Not that long swing your arm like you're mad version that they employ.

Look at Crysis, you have to pick up weapons to get ammo and every action has an animation. It made the game much for immersive because of that reason.

I've gotten to visually experience C 1 and 2 for hours upon hours.

Why didn't it bother me as much in that game?

That's a serious non-rhetorical question. I really don't know why it didn't bother me there.

In the end, it all depends on the game. Dead Island was built with those animations in mind so it doesn't feel annoying or anything. If you added those animations in a game like CoD, it wouldn't feel right.

I mostly agree. I just feel the game could be better without them or if done much more quickly.

Smasandian
I don't know, I have a feeling picking up weapons in Dead Island will make some sections very harrowing when getting chased by zombies. This could be annoying, or very exicting.

Similar to how RE4 was not "scary" compared to the rest of the series but extremely ****ing tense because of the people chasing you.

StyleTime

I guess I should clarify. I quoted that sentence from dadudemon because that is *what* I agree with.

I meant that is *the part* I agree with. I don't think the game looks like shit or anything. I just thought a different camera would work better.
I think what Nemesis X was getting at is if the creators did go with 3rd person look, then people would compare this game to Dead Rising.
I thought that what was he meant. I just don't think it's a solid reason.

Kazenji
I thought that what was he meant. I just don't think it's a solid reason.

Well Dead Rising may not have invented the third person look, But it did popularised it for the zombie genre for games.

dadudemon
Well Dead Rising may not have invented the third person look, But it did popularised it for the zombie genre for games.

It....did?

I figured that popular 3rd person shooters that came well before Dead Rising were the ones that popularized the 3rd person shooter view. no expression

Reading the wiki, it seems that Tomb Raider was the one that actually popularized 3rd person shooters. And, no, there's no special shooting genre for zombie apocolypse games: they are still just shooters.

Kazenji
It....did?

I figured that popular 3rd person shooters that came well before Dead Rising were the ones that popularized the 3rd person shooter view. no expression

Reading the wiki, it seems that Tomb Raider was the one that actually popularized 3rd person shooters. And, no, there's no special shooting genre for zombie apocolypse games: they are still just shooters.

Well was there Zombies in Tomb Raider?.......no

you obvisouly misread what i typed.

Smasandian
The idea that Dead Rising popularized the 3rd person perspective for zombie games is wrong.

It's a viewpoint.

And there is plenty of 3rd person zombie games before Dead Rising. One is RE4? Or how about

Kazenji
The idea that Dead Rising popularized the 3rd person perspective for zombie games is wrong.

It's a viewpoint.

Well yeah that was more of what i was aiming at.... not what Dudamon's was going on about on a rant about any old 3rd person shooter

Cept its done better then what was Resident Evil 4 was doing with it.

Smasandian
It might be done better but that's not popularizing anything.

If you said, well, Dead Rising is the best 3rd person zombie game then that's a legitimate argument.

Impediment
I've never played Dead Rising. It's one of those games that I wish was ported to the PS3.

Dead Islad looks like a fairly intricate first person RPG, almost akin to Fallout 3. I can't wait to read more about character development.

Bardock42
I've never played Dead Rising. It's one of those games that I wish was ported to the PS3.

Dead Islad looks like a fairly intricate first person RPG, almost akin to Fallout 3. I can't wait to read more about character development.

You should just get a good console, then you could play it

Impediment
Have fun with your Red Ring of Death, you filthy man.

My first 60 GB PS3 lasted for over four years until it got the Yellow Light of Death.

Now I own a 320 GB PS3.

Bardock42

My first 60 GB PS3 lasted for over four years until it got the Yellow Light of Death.

Now I own a 320 GB PS3.

And yet, here you are, not playing Dead Rising.

Impediment
awermm

Bardock42
Checkmate

the ninjak
Dead Rising was a fun game. And promoted multiple plays.

Playing again in the MegaMan armor and Using the Mega Blaster was awesome.

dadudemon
Well was there Zombies in Tomb Raider?.......no

you obvisouly misread what i typed.

I didn't. You obviously didn't read but the first sentence of what I typed.

It's a viewpoint.

And there is plenty of 3rd person zombie games before Dead Rising. One is RE4? Or how about

Kazenji, read this post...because it's almost the point I was making.

Dead Rising didin't popularize 3rd person shooter views for jack. That was done before Dead Rising. Making random sh*t up like it popularzing 3rd person shooter views for zombie games is obviously wrong: the 3rd person shooter view was popularized longer before Dead Rising and Dead Rising can owe it's employment of that view to those precursor games...not like you're suggesting which is so very specific to actually be riduclous.

Bardock42
Even among Zombie games, I'd say Resident Evil did it a bit first. And quite popularly.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
Even among Zombie games, I'd say Resident Evil did it a bit first. And quite popularly.

Most likely the truth.

Barker

Now I own a 320 GB PS3.
I literally haermm'd

cdtm
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
No surprise there.

No.

I want to see an open world zombie game, like Survival Crisis Z.

cdtm

Now I own a 320 GB PS3.

lol.

Hey, the PS2 had a pretty poor track record too, but for people who waited and got the slim, they lasted for years.

I expect it's the same with the 360 slim. Late comers always get the best shit.

Kazenji
Got a review for it

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dead-island/review/

84 out 100

saying the visuals are the weakest aspect of the game.

Smasandian
Basically says if you play with people, it would be fun but by yourself, it would probably get tedious.

Joystiq review didn't paint the game very well.

I'm not bothering with the game. It seems like a game I'm just going to get pissed off while playing it.

Kazenji
Did'nt take long for a patch...well for the 360 version

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9497-Dead-Island-Gets-a-Day-One-Patch.html

jinXed by JaNx
Been having a blast with this game but damn it gets hard. Has anyone found any of the colored skulls and their respective drop off points? Ive found the brown, orange, purple and blue.

dadudemon
It looks like 3rd person WAS an option that they abandoned at some point during game dev.

http://kotaku.com/5837546/there-is-definitely-something-fishy-about-the-steam-version-of-dead-island

It's about halfway done, imo. They were so close to making the game much much better. You guys would have gotten your "gritty" first person view...and people like me would have gotten the desired 3rd person view.

jinXed by JaNx
this game wouldnt have worked as a 3rd person style. You can tell that it was always intended to be primarily a 1st person game. There isn't enough mechanics in the game that would make it worth playing in 3rd person.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
this game wouldnt have worked as a 3rd person style. You can tell that it was always intended to be primarily a 1st person game. There isn't enough mechanics in the game that would make it worth playing in 3rd person.

Watching the gameplay footage, it seemed right at home in 3rd person...minus the retarded character animation, lol.

In fact, watching the 3rd person my me itchy. If they release a patch that allows 3rd person (from the video, it looks like it is still a possibility), I will probably rent this.

Bardock42
It's pretty fun. Kind of stupid in plot and dialogue, but I enjoy it.

Oh and the unapologetic rip off of Left 4 Dead's special infected is amusing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.