The Stranger vs Thanos...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Now I fully realize that some will look at the title and say "you are creating a Spite thread against Thanos," but hold on...

What has the Stranger actually done (feat wise) to suggest that he'd "spite" Thanos? Where would the Stranger even tier?

During the Infinity Gauntlet arc, the writer placed the Stranger among the "Astral Deities of the Universe," but going by past feats (and most importantly, defeats), can anyone reasonably suggest that he is anywhere near anyone else on panel (Infinity Gauntlet #2 or 3 I believe) during that cosmic meeting?

Anyway, what do you all think?

Who wins?

Black bolt z
Some people hype him.

But for all his hype he did overpower a watcher(with help from Quasar but he himself admitted Stranger did most of the work).

He does still stomp thanos.

Nihilist
Stranger has poor showings to say Thanos could take him and he has enough good showings to say he takes Thanos.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Nihilist
Stranger has poor showings to say Thanos could take him and he has enough good showings to say he takes Thanos. Just out of curiosity what are these showings that say Thanos could beat stranger?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Just out of curiosity what are these showings that say Thanos could beat stranger? Getting ko'ed by Juggernaut and struggling with a bunch a meta lvl guys and b class heroes in Beyond are just a few things.

Why dont you tell me now what feats Stranger has that make him stomp Thanos.

Black bolt z
Getting ko'ed by Juggernaut and struggling with a bunch a meta lvl guys and b class heroes in Beyond are just a few things.

Why dont you tell me now what feats Stranger has that make him stomp Thanos. As I recall juggernaut knocked him down. Then a comment was made that he'd be up in about 2 seconds.

And like getting knocked back by juggernaut is a low feat. Thanos would get knocked down by him too erm.

Nihilist
As I recall juggernaut knocked him down. Then a comment was made that he'd be up in about 2 seconds.

And like getting knocked back by juggernaut is a low feat. Thanos would get knocked down by him too erm. Really, when far more powerfull people havent knocked him down with the first hit.

Black bolt z
Really, when far more powerfull people havent knocked him down with the first hit. A charging juggernaut is more powerful then most other people charging erm. Infinite momentum much?

Nihilist
A charging juggernaut is more powerful then most other people charging erm. Infinite momentum much? No, not when he hasnt done that straight away to the likes of even Savage Hulk with charging punch.

Still waiting on the feats for Stranger that make it a stomp.

Black bolt z
No, not when he hasnt done that straight away to the likes of even Savage Hulk with charging punch.

Still waiting on the feats for Stranger that make it a stomp. Oh you mean the hulk with celestial tech? That hulk? erm

Overpowering a rouge watcher. Treating Surfer like a pest.

Nihilist
Oh you mean the hulk with celestial tech? That hulk? ermNo Savage Hulk

He needed Qusars help(regardless of who did the most work, he still needed help) so its a shared feat laughing out loud and Thanos doesnt.

So you have a half a feat to back up your stomp.

Black bolt z
No Savage Hulk

He needed Qusars help(regardless of who did the most work, he still needed help) so its a shared feat laughing out loud and Thanos doesnt.

So you have a half a feat to back up your stomp. Proof?

No he didn't. Quasar pretty much called himself a flea compared to the stranger and watchers. The only reason he mattered it because that let them dogpile him.

Thanos beats him with ease. He doesn't act like surfer is a nonissue at all and poses no threat to him which is what surfer was to the stranger.

Nihilist
Proof?Yeah, go to the respect thread for Hulk and look at fights, as i dont own many comics any more as i sold most of them.

Yeah he did, as Zopzop just said in the Odin/starnger thread you got it all wrong.

Read Rebirth of Thanos in which Thanos completely no sells a full on Surfer blast like it was nothing and earlier he block a blast casually, Surfre is nothing more than a pest to Thanos as it was shown when he beat him to deathwith ease.

zopzop
I seriously think Thanos stomps Stranger's face to paste.

This dude killed Surfer by punching him 7 times. Surfer was holding his own vs Stranger.

Stranger was having problems with the freaking X-men, Thanos would have stomped that crummy X-men lineup. It was hilarious too! Bobby froze energy beams coming from the Stranger's eyes and he was trying to break his eyes free of the ice. Ghetto.

Bentley
The Stranger is currently appearing in Astonishing Thor...

zopzop
Did Thor smash Stranger's face in using Mjolnir yet?

guy222
http://s1d5.turboimagehost.com/t/5040541_Astonishing_Thor_1_021.jpg http://s1d5.turboimagehost.com/t/5040542_Astonishing_Thor_1_022.jpg http://s1d5.turboimagehost.com/t/5040543_Astonishing_Thor_1_023.jpg

leonidas
Originally posted by guy222
http://s1d5.turboimagehost.com/t/5040541_Astonishing_Thor_1_021.jpg http://s1d5.turboimagehost.com/t/5040542_Astonishing_Thor_1_022.jpg http://s1d5.turboimagehost.com/t/5040543_Astonishing_Thor_1_023.jpg

impressive to so easily dismiss thor. he does have some inconsistent showings though. i'd still go with thanos in this. stranger is all over the place. maybe this thor arc will solidify him as a true cosmic power? til then my money would be on thanos.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by guy222

this is an old scan guy............what happened later in the arc?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by leonidas
impressive to so easily dismiss thor. he does have some inconsistent showings though. i'd still go with thanos in this. stranger is all over the place. maybe this thor arc will solidify him as a true cosmic power? til then my money would be on thanos.

Yea, this is probably his most impressive showing. He even knocked Thor out for a few moments with that blast by the way. I do think he caught Thor off guard if that matters any. According to this arc, he created Ego and Alter Ego etc. I wonder if he used tech or raw power because I would have wagered that Ego would beat down the Stranger.

guy222
he is all over the place but taking a blast from the infinity union, fighting the watchers is a cool feat(it wasn't said how many)

imo, more powerful than uatu

who wins here, i am taking the stranger

zeel
A charging juggernaut is more powerful then most other people charging erm. Infinite momentum much?

And thanos in his advanced knowledge, and planning stratagy will step to the side at the last minute,stick his foot out and juggy falls flat on his ass.
smile

thanos wins.

dmills
Stranger is one of those characters like the High Evolutionary. You never really get a feel for his power because they always have a hidden agenda that often includes jobbing. But in this case I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and stray from the "feats only" argument and go with The Stranger. I think its pretty clear that he's supposed to be one of the cosmic ubers.

Black bolt z
Yeah, go to the respect thread for Hulk and look at fights, as i dont own many comics any more as i sold most of them.

Yeah he did, as Zopzop just said in the Odin/starnger thread you got it all wrong.

Read Rebirth of Thanos in which Thanos completely no sells a full on Surfer blast like it was nothing and earlier he block a blast casually, Surfre is nothing more than a pest to Thanos as it was shown when he beat him to deathwith ease. Can you give me the issue number?

No he didn't. Quasar himself said this no expression

But still not a non issue. He actually wastes his time with him.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by zopzop
I seriously think Thanos stomps Stranger's face to paste.

This dude killed Surfer by punching him 7 times. Surfer was holding his own vs Stranger.

Stranger was having problems with the freaking X-men, Thanos would have stomped that crummy X-men lineup. It was hilarious too! Bobby froze energy beams coming from the Stranger's eyes and he was trying to break his eyes free of the ice. Ghetto. You have yet to show surfer beating the stranger.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, this is probably his most impressive showing. He even knocked Thor out for a few moments with that blast by the way. I do think he caught Thor off guard if that matters any. According to this arc, he created Ego and Alter Ego etc. I wonder if he used tech or raw power because I would have wagered that Ego would beat down the Stranger. This. Stranger is good but as far as feats creating ego seems a little out of his league.

Utrigita
Stranger ftw.

Btw what have happen to Quanchi?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by zeel
And thanos in his advanced knowledge, and planning stratagy will step to the side at the last minute,stick his foot out and juggy falls flat on his ass.
smile

thanos wins. Thanos tried to do that his leg would pop off.

Omega Vision
Using average showings for both Thanos has a decent chance.

dmills
Astonishing Thor is phucking beautiful BTW. Who is doing the art and is it canon?

zopzop
You have yet to show surfer beating the stranger.

Who said beating? I said holding his own. Hell the Super Skrull was doing well vs the Stranger!

zopzop
And here are the scans (Silver Surfer vol 3 #27)

The freaking Super Skrull had him in a FF and he couldn't breakout!
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8909/silversurfer198902714.th.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8829/silversurfer198902717.th.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1056/silversurfer198902718.th.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5417/silversurfer198902719.th.jpg

Compare this fight to the one vs Thanos, where Thanos killed Surfer in 7 blows.

TheTyrant
Thanos wins.

Black bolt z
And here are the scans (Silver Surfer vol 3 #27)

The freaking Super Skrull had him in a FF and he couldn't breakout!
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8909/silversurfer198902714.th.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8829/silversurfer198902717.th.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1056/silversurfer198902718.th.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5417/silversurfer198902719.th.jpg

Compare this fight to the one vs Thanos, where Thanos killed Surfer in 7 blows. You do realize Stranger didn't try to kill nor did he actually hit surfer right? Its not like surfer took his best shots. He dodged them all.

And thats the comic where LT makes the surfer a god and then in the next issue it has nothign to do with that right?

zopzop
You do realize Stranger didn't try to kill nor did he actually hit surfer right? Its not like surfer took his best shots. He dodged them all.

And thats the comic where LT makes the surfer a god and then in the next issue it has nothign to do with that right?

You do realize that he was trying to get away and the Surfer kept getting into his face. Why not one shot him like Odin did? Oh that's right, because the Stranger is a joke. PS I love how you ignore the fact that he didnt' break the shield Super Skrull trapped him in and instead stretch his arm out of it and punched Super Skrull. Nice.

No this is issue 27, the LT one is issue 31 I think.

Black bolt z
You do realize that he was trying to get away and the Surfer kept getting into his face. Why not one shot him like Odin did? Oh that's right, because the Stranger is a joke. PS I love how you ignore the fact that he didnt' break the shield Super Skrull trapped him in and instead stretch his arm out of it and punched Super Skrull. Nice.

No this is issue 27, the LT one is issue 31 I think. Because he didn't hit him? Its like calling everyone that fights flash a joke. Its not a showing of stranger being weak no expression. Odin would never defeat surfer if he doesn't hit him either.

Nihilist
Can you give me the issue number?Cant remember, it will be on the main page of the respect thread.

Not according to Zopzop, and i'll take his words over yours any day as he doesnt lie about stuff like you.

He takes a full blast from Surfer whislt he is sat down and just smiles and says "are you finished" he is nothing to him.

TheLordofMurder
You know, I fully realize that some characters power levels vary pending the writer and that writers view of how powerful/weak a given character is...

But it seems like there is a wide margin of opinions at Marvel about The Stranger's power level; one moment I get the feeling that he'd beat Thanos, but then I see all those far lower showings, and I start thinking that Thanos would punch him in the mouth and knock all his teeth out if they ever came to blows...

In a comicbook, it would definitely depend on how the writer views The Stranger (as pertains his level of power) as to wether or not he could beat Thanos...

But here in a forum fight, we look at all of a characters feats and showings, and based on average showings, I honestly think Thanos would knock this guy out...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by dmills
Stranger is one of those characters like the High Evolutionary. You never really get a feel for his power because they always have a hidden agenda that often includes jobbing. But in this case I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and stray from the "feats only" argument and go with The Stranger. I think its pretty clear that he's supposed to be one of the cosmic ubers.

I want to believe that you are right, but it seems to me that there is no where close to a consensus at Marvel about where this guy should be at power wise...

It seems to me that only the writter of the IG arc feels that he should be among the cosmic ubers; other writters have him having competitive encounters with characters that Thanos would eat alive...

dmills
That's not a surprise. The guy said all along that his purpose is to find out the potential of humans. More often then not he engages in prolonged battles with inferiors to further his knowledge base. I always thought that was pretty clear.

Black bolt z
Cant remember, it will be on the main page of the respect thread.

Not according to Zopzop, and i'll take his words over yours any day as he doesnt lie about stuff like you.

He takes a full blast from Surfer whislt he is sat down and just smiles and says "are you finished" he is nothing to him. If its so easy to find can you find it?

Oh so you agree Odin would stomp all abstracts?

Whatever.

And you still have yet to give me feats that shows thanos wins. All you have done is lowball stranger instead of giving me thanos feats.

Nihilist
If its so easy to find can you find it?because i dont wish to find anything for you troll

This has nothing to do with this thread or the answers of scans he provided in another thread concerning Stranger,Surfer and Quasar.

Like i said above, troll with a trolling answer

Being as more powerfull and having better feats than guys that Stranger struggled against for one.

Him blasting a well nourished Galactus flying would take Stranger down on his average showing seeing as Galactus>>>>Stranger.

Thanos has taken punishment and still stood from guys more powerful and with far better feats than Stranger.

Do you have naything other than a shared feat for Stranger to back up this "STOMP" you claim.

Black bolt z
because i dont wish to find anything for you troll

This has nothing to do with this thread or the answers of scans he provided in another thread concerning Stranger,Surfer and Quasar.

Like i said above, troll with a trolling answer

Being as more powerfull and having better feats than guys that Stranger struggled against for one.

Him blasting a well nourished Galactus flying would take Stranger down on his average showing seeing as Galactus>>>>Stranger.

Thanos has taken punishment and still stood from guys more powerful and with far better feats than Stranger.

Do you have naything other than a shared feat for Stranger to back up this "STOMP" you claim. Then concede if you won't provide proof.

If you take his word over mine that you agree that Odin stomps abstracts.

******* with an ******* answer.

How about naming these feats instead of just saying he is.

Oh and you mean that blast that did absolutely no damage to galactus?

Nihilist
Then concede if you won't provide proof.There you go now STFU http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/IH%20172/?action=view&current=TheIncredibleHulkv2-172-19.jpg

Stop trying to side track and dogde with troll answers he posted the scans in another thread proving what you said about Stranger/Quasar and Surfer wrong

What answer, all you said was whatever to me proving Thanos treats Surfer like nothing

The punishment he took from OdinTyrant,Galactus,Omega, all have/had greater power showing than Stranger. And Stranger has been hurt by far less on several occasions by peolpe less powerful,ruthless,versatile and as smart as Thanos

Irrelevent as Galactus>>>>Stranger, so the blast would take him down, thats unless youre saying that Juggernaut punch was stronger than that blast or even the combined powers of Henry Pym
Wasp,Gravity,Medusa,Firebird,Alyosha Kravinoff,Venom,The Hood,Deathlok who Stranger struggled against are more of a threat than Thanos.

Still waiting on other feats that prove a STOMP as you said, after all you demand i can proof or instances,,so lets see you do it.

zopzop
@Nihilist

I only posted the Surfer vs Stranger and Strange vs Super Skrull scans. You can see them holding their own. In fact you can see Super Skrull actually restrain Stranger in a FF and the Stranger couldn't shatter it, he had to slip under and punch Super Skrull. You can also see Stranger grin in pain as Super Skrull burnt and then punched him.

Pathetic.

I didn't post the Quasar/Watcher, then Quasar/Watcher/Stranger fight. But I could if you want me too, just to silence BBZ's mouth.

Nihilist
@Nihilist

I only posted the Surfer vs Stranger and Strange vs Super Skrull scans. You can see them holding their own. In fact you can see Super Skrull actually restrain Stranger in a FF and the Stranger couldn't shatter it, he had to slip under and punch Super Skrull. You can also see Stranger grin in pain as Super Skrull burnt and then punched him.

Pathetic.

I didn't post the Quasar/Watcher, then Quasar/Watcher/Stranger fight. But I could if you want me too, just to silence BBZ's mouth. My bad thought you did.

Please do so thumb up

Black bolt z
@Nihilist

Pathetic.

I didn't post the Quasar/Watcher, then Quasar/Watcher/Stranger fight. But I could if you want me too, just to silence BBZ's mouth. Uh...they were not holding they're own laughing out loud

Don't know how you got that interpretation.

zopzop
Ok Nihilist here they are, I'll break it up into two posts because of the image limit in messages :

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7725/quasar1515.th.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7109/quasar1516.th.jpg http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7458/quasar1517.th.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9761/quasar1518.th.jpg

zopzop
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3550/quasar1519.th.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/615/quasar1520.th.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9076/quasar1521.th.jpg

And that's that.

A few notes :

Concerning the Odin vs Watcher thread, it should be obvious now that a Watcher is no match for a Skyfather. There is no way Quasar could pull any of that junk vs Odin. Remember how Odin comatosed the Surfer with one swat of his hands? Surfer and Quasar have gone toe to toe and Quasar couldn't pull this crap on him (Quasar #50 I believe).

Notice how the Watcher said, he could repulse one but not both of them. IMHO Stranger gets shxt stomped by Thanos.

Nihilist
cheers Z thumb up

Black bolt z
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3550/quasar1519.th.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/615/quasar1520.th.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9076/quasar1521.th.jpg

And that's that.

A few notes :

Concerning the Odin vs Watcher thread, it should be obvious now that a Watcher is no match for a Skyfather. There is no way Quasar could pull any of that junk vs Odin. Remember how Odin comatosed the Surfer with one swat of his hands? Surfer and Quasar have gone toe to toe and Quasar couldn't pull this crap on him (Quasar #50 I believe).

Notice how the Watcher said, he could repulse one but not both of them. IMHO Stranger gets shxt stomped by Thanos. So now being less powerful then a watcher is a low feat? no expression. In the very same comic the watchers were said and shown to affect reality with a thought.

Mr Marvel
Then concede if you won't provide proof.

If you take his word over mine that you agree that Odin stomps abstracts.

******* with an ******* answer.

How about naming these feats instead of just saying he is.

Oh and you mean that blast that did absolutely no damage to galactus?

Troll....

Sr J-Bieb
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9360/silversurfer05p37fb5.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8116/silversurfer05p38pd1.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1516/silversurfer05p39oj0.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3233/silversurfer05p40vp2.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8522/silversurfer05p41aq5.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4617/silversurfer05p47su8.jpg

dmills
That Quasar/Watcher fight is the height of cis. Is there a hierarchy among watchers?

As for this fight, again going by feats Thanos wins. But I'm pretty sure that the Sranger is supposed to be the more powerful of the two.

leonidas
As for this fight, again going by feats Thanos wins. But I'm pretty sure that the Sranger is supposed to be the more powerful of the two.

i'd actually agree with this. as for the watcher--when uatu battled aron, the fight took place on every level of reality. watchers are like the stranger--at times they are shown to be pretty uber, at others, ss and quasar can match or even beat them. makes gauging their power level very difficult. erm

nice job on the scans bran. that book is a little too valuable for me to take out and scan. laughing out loud

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9360/silversurfer05p37fb5.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8116/silversurfer05p38pd1.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1516/silversurfer05p39oj0.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3233/silversurfer05p40vp2.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8522/silversurfer05p41aq5.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4617/silversurfer05p47su8.jpg

You.......are..........awesome! I was looking for those but had to settle for the SS vol 3 #27 scans. thumb up

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd actually agree with this. as for the watcher--when uatu battled aron, the fight took place on every level of reality.

That every level or reality stuff is massively over rated. When Prof X fought Dark Phoenix, it took place on every plane of reality simultaneously. That phrase has been used so many times it's lost all meaning.

On panel, Quasar was stomping a Watcher. Sure it may have just been temporary because the Watcher himself said he could repulse one but not both of them.

dmills
Absolutely. I mean in this case I guess I'm willing to put the "panel feats" glasses on -this is Thanos we're talking about here- but all I'm saying is that anecdotal evidence suggests that the Stranger is meant to be conveyed as the more powerful of the two.

You know the old saying that stats can lie? Well in certain cases, panels can lie lol! We all know that a watcher -unless there's some sort of power hierarchy amongst them- can blast Quasar into the nether regions of time with little more then a jester.

zopzop
Absolutely. I mean in this case I guess I'm willing to put the "panel feats" glasses on -this is Thanos we're talking about here- but all I'm saying is that anecdotal evidence suggests that the Stranger is meant to be conveyed as the more powerful of the two.

You know the old saying that stats can lie? Well in certain cases, panels can lie lol!

laughing

We'll see how the Stranger does vs Thor, he's making an appearance in the Astonishing Thor I believe, then we'll get a better gauge of his power. Because right now, he's a scrub.

Sr J-Bieb
laughing

We'll see how the Stranger does vs Thor, he's making an appearance in the Astonishing Thor I believe, then we'll get a better gauge of his power. Because right now, he's a scrub. He one shotted Thor already...

dmills
laughing

We'll see how the Stranger does vs Thor, he's making an appearance in the Astonishing Thor I believe, then we'll get a better gauge of his power. Because right now, he's a scrub. I just wanna see how Thor does against Ego so I can rib Rage a little. And he knows why lol!

Omega Vision
That Quasar/Watcher fight is the height of cis. Is there a hierarchy among watchers?

Yes.

Uatu.
That one Watcher who fought Uatu.
All other Watchers.

stick out tongue

dmills
laughing

zopzop
He one shotted Thor already...

What the hell?! eek!

I have to get my hands on that issue.

FanBoy101
He one shotted Thor already...

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33

Juggernaut drops the Stranger with one punch:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Strength/XMen%20Forever%206/th_X-MenForever6p25.jpg

... smokin'

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by FanBoy101
... smokin' What does that have to do with anything Nicomarvin?

FanBoy101
Nicomarvin? Who is this Nicomarvin dude... confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.