Thor (2011)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Noticed that there wasn't a thread here so I decided to make one.

The movie comes out on May 6, 2011. It's directed by Kenneth Branagh, and stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), and Anthony Hopkins (Odin).

Anyways, here's the link to the Thor movie site:
http://thor.marvel.com/

The first official Thor trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ
JOddp-nlNvQ

And the newly released second trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBnrJowBZE
uHBnrJowBZE

Esau Cairn
Pretty impressive trailer.
Although Thor's hammer juz looks a little too small when he uses it as a weapon.

This trailer also makes me question juz how good Capt. America will live up to its hype.

ares834
I like Thor, he is probably my favorite of the Avengers, but I am wary of this.

It has a more sci-fi feel than fantasy, yeah I know the original comics were like that, and instead of having magic they use "advanced sciences".... I dunno.

Still it looks cool. And the Destroyer droolio

BruceSkywalker
I will this.. the cgi looks very good...

dadudemon
It looks delicious.

I can't wait until May 9th.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
It looks delicious.

I can't wait until May 9th.

i have a feeling that this follows a few stories from the comics

i am loving the dread destroyer

jaden101
I guess this is where I chime in and say that you're all wrong and all idiots for thinking it looks good because it looks like a massive festering pile of rotten dead babies that were raped by junkies and died from AIDS.

That's how bad it looks.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

The movie comes out on May 6, 2011. It's directed by Kenneth Branagh, and stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), and Anthony Hopkins (Odin).

JOddp-nlNvQ

uHBnrJowBZE

Because its in the comics movie forum. IMO we dont need two threads.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jaden101
I guess this is where I chime in and say that you're all wrong and all idiots for thinking it looks good because it looks like a massive festering pile of rotten dead babies that were raped by junkies and died from AIDS.

That's how bad it looks.

I guess you'll be waiting for the other Thor movie getting released with Kevin Nash

whistle

DarkNemesis
Awesome trailer, looking forward to both this and Captain America (still waiting impatiently for a full length trailer to come out for that).

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
Awesome trailer, looking forward to both this and Captain America (still waiting impatiently for a full length trailer to come out for that).

same here.my thoughts exactly.could not have said it better myself.especially after the nuel posted those two trailers.thanks Nuel. Happy Dance

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mr Parker
especially after the nuel posted those two trailers.thanks Nuel. Happy Dance

He quoted someone not posted them if you take another look erm

ares834
Everytime I watch that trailer I wish Sean Bean was playing Thor...

Mr Parker
well we cant have everything in life.lol.

DarkNemesis
Originally posted by ares834

That's very true, Sean Bean would have made an excellent Thor.

Robtard
When I first heard Branagh was directing, I thought 'might be a decent super-hero film of the likes of Spider-man (1&2) or Iron Man', but going from those clips, it's going to be retarded nonsense. Little story, shit acting and one nonsense action scene after another nonsense action scene, which is the Hollywood plague these days.

I'll still watch it, as I generally always watch super-hero films, but expecting to be bored/pissed.

roughrider
Over here...over here...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t313770.html

big grin

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard
When I first heard Branagh was directing, I thought 'might be a decent super-hero film of the likes of Spider-man (1&2) or Iron Man', but going from those clips, it's going to be retarded nonsense. Little story, shit acting and one nonsense action scene after another nonsense action scene, which is the Hollywood plague these days.

I'll still watch it, as I generally always watch super-hero films, but expecting to be bored/pissed.

If you say Spidey 1 & 2 & Ironman were decent superhero films,
what's the least decent ones you feel Thor will downgraded too?

roughrider

And why would you want a guy who's over 50 to play Thor?

Heck, he's hit an age where he played Zeus last year (Percy Jackson's & The Olympians)

Even going back to his days as Boromir, Sean Bean woulnd't have looked as good in the role as Chris Hemsworth does.

Robtard
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
If you say Spidey 1 & 2 & Ironman were decent superhero films,
what's the least decent ones you feel Thor will downgraded too?

Fantastic Four

Wolverine:Origins

Spider-Man 3

Shit of this caliber

dadudemon
Fantastic Four

Spider-Man 3

Shit of this caliber

All 3 of those films were good. The lowest was a "6". Obviously, this is all my opinion.

-Pr-
Fantastic Four

Spider-Man 3

Shit of this caliber

F4 was ok, i thought.

Wolverine sucked.

Spidey... Eh, It's at best a 5 imo.

Esau Cairn
Fantastic Four

Spider-Man 3

Shit of this caliber

Yeah I agree with all three being lousy.

You can add GhostRider & Daredevil to the list too.

But no, I don't think Thor will be that bad.

ares834
Originally posted by roughrider
And why would you want a guy who's over 50 to play Thor?

Because he is an amazing actor. And he does not look to be near 50.

Sure. But he looked nothing like the classical Zeus.

There is more to acting than looking good... Chris Hemsworth is a decent actor (from what little I have seen of him), but Sean Bean is an amazing one.

Kazenji
Yeah I agree with all three being lousy.

You can add GhostRider & Daredevil to the list too.

But no, I don't think Thor will be that bad.

Only good version of Daredevil is the directors Cut so much better then the cinema version

and as for people saying this Thor movie gonna be lousy like those other ones

the movie is in good hands imo because Branagh's A HUGE THOR Fanboy and mixed in with his work with shakespeare.

ares834
I can picture it well...

Odin: Et tu, Loki?

Thor: Alas, poor Odin! I knew him, Jane.

Kazenji
I can picture it well...

Odin: Et tu, Loki?

Thor: Alas, poor Odin! I knew him, Jane.

^ User Failed.

Bicnarok
Wow trailer 2 looks awesome. One to watch methinks.

Nemesis X
http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1021-chris-hemsworth-bulked-up-too-much-for-his-thor-costume

Lol.

Kazenji
Bulk up too much....bullshit

bulk up just enough for the character imo.

W Mansuf

the ninjak
Why do peoplr bring up F4, Ghost Rider and Xmen. Sure they sucked they were Fox.

Ironman, Incredible Hulk and Cap are MARVEL STUDIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are trying to fix their mistakes.
Marvel was bankrupt when they made Blade.
Use you heads and not your hate.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
Bulk up too much....bullshit

bulk up just enough for the character imo.

I agree.

Here's one of the more conservative takes on Thor's muscle-mass:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/thor/thereelwonka/thor.jpg

Hemsworth is not big enough. He needed to pack on about a stone to a stone and a half before he was large enough to fit the more conservative drawings.

Kazenji
Thats the 'Ultimate Thor' they're going more with the 616 universe Thor.

dadudemon
Thats the 'Ultimate Thor' they're going more with the 616 universe Thor.

You mean this guy who is gigantic compared to the other?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5586/1532956-thor4_thumb.jpg

the ninjak
This reminds me of when Chris Hemsworth got announced and on the Comics vs forum I thought maybe they should give him CG muscles.LOL.
He's fine.
And this film is gonna be great. You'll all see.

dadudemon
Originally posted by the ninjak
This reminds me of when Chris Hemsworth got announced and on the Comics vs forum I thought maybe they should give him CG muscles.LOL.
He's fine.
And this film is gonna be great. You'll all see.

Dude, I'm impressed with Hemsworth's physique. One of the better super hero actors I've seen. Still, he's just about 15-25lbs under weight for what I'd like to see on a comic book character like thor. It's just hard to find an actor that big that can act better than....a WWF wrestler. lol

donnawhite
Trailer looses my temptations smile

the ninjak
Originally posted by donnawhite
Trailer looses my temptations smile

Check out the TV spots and the Thor Clip 1.
Very redeemable.

Dude, I'm impressed with Hemsworth's physique. One of the better super hero actors I've seen. Still, he's just about 15-25lbs under weight for what I'd like to see on a comic book character like thor. It's just hard to find an actor that big that can act better than....a WWF wrestler. lol
True roids tend to make men dumb as tacks.
Hemsworth is the right choice.

dadudemon
True roids tend to make men dumb as tacks.
Hemsworth is the right choice.

Dumb as in impaired judgment? Maybe.

winning_the_net
Dumb as in impaired judgment? Maybe.

Arnie Dumb?
Dolph Lundgren how many degrees?
Sly Dumb?

Steroids are like continually going through puberty, your analysis is better dadadadadude

dadudemon
Huh?

Banned. erm Can't even have a conversation with new members these days without suspecting trollage and banning.

Also, Dolph isn't dumb, I thought.

Later in life, taking "roids" can improve cognitive ability. So it's not a "dumb" thing, really. I'd say that it makes ***holes more impulsive, but it really doesn't make anyone dumb. What makes one dumb is the dieting which is where the "myth" comes from that steroids make a person dumb: it's the dieting that does. Even then, it's miminal and it's the "lathargic" catabolic state that is actually being observed. A quick boost in glycogen levels would most likely remedy their lathargic and impaired state. big grin

To bring it on topic, I'm sure our pal, Hemsworth, knows exactly what I'm talking about. He got fairly lean for his role.

Kazenji

Well duh that is the 616 universe Thor roll eyes (sarcastic)

dadudemon
Well duh that is the 616 universe Thor roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seeing someone answer a gigantically obvious rhetorical question is so very painful to watch. pained

the ninjak
Lundren made a good He-man and Punisher. Don't know about him taking roids though, guy was pretty heavy into Kyokushin.

Im happy with Hemsworth's build. If he was the size of your roided bodybuilder it would be too distracting.

The size he's at makes his character more presentable in this film.

This film looks like its gonna be like "Coming to America".
Eddie Murphy is Thor and James Earl Jones is Odin.

Kazenji
Seeing someone answer a gigantically obvious rhetorical question is so very painful to watch. pained

Well on the topic of Hemsworth body size not looking like the one from the comics

Lundren made a good He-man and Punisher. Don't know about him taking roids though, guy was pretty heavy into Kyokushin.

Agreed, recently watched his version of Punisher and he did a decent job of it.
some things works great in comics and not in real life.

dadudemon
Im happy with Hemsworth's build. If he was the size of your roided bodybuilder it would be too distracting.

As am I.

I'm just saying that he could be bigger by 15-25 lbs and that would be right about spot on for a realistic interpretation for Thor.

Robtard
As am I.

I'm just saying that he could be bigger by 15-25 lbs and that would be right about spot on for a realistic interpretation for Thor.

He is the right size, very muscular but not a brick like Hulk, homo.

http://www.musclemeasure.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/chris-hemsworth-as-thor.jpg

SnakeEyes
Hemsworth's physique is more than adequate. And really, it's the last thing I'm concerned about. I'm more worried about whether or not the film's gonna be, you know, good or not...

Robtard
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Hemsworth's physique is more than adequate. And really, it's the last thing I'm concerned about. I'm more worried about whether or not the film's gonna be, you know, good or not...

Exactly, which is looking shittier and shitter which each preview I see, unfortunately.

But DDM is a homo, so he's overly concerned with how much muscle an actor has.

Aedansmith
Thanks you sharing. I am big fan of movies. I have watched every new movie.

Mr. Rhythmic
For me, Hemsworth's build is Thor's build. Comic lines tend to lead to ridiculous definition, but when you look at the older comics, it really is that strong build.

A lot of people here seem to want a bodybuilder body for Thor, but the fact is Hemsworth has the build of an athlete. Take a look at someone like Ferrigno in his lifting days, then look at Rocky Marciano. Ferrigno was a lifter, pure and simple. He was freakishly strong, but all he did was lift. Marciano, on the other hand, is a puncher who was famous (if not infamous) for his fists of brick, and would do things such as run 6 miles every day and spend months secluded in a cabin preparing for his fights.

http://www.theipinionsjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/putinf.jpg

http://aaronschneider.com/shots/Rocky_Marciano.jpg

Thor isn't a model, he's a fighter, so him being perfectly ripped for posing isn't logical (especially considering how the film will add more 'logical' introductions to Asgard).

jinXed by JaNx
I have a hunch that this movie is going to be lacking. For a Thor story the trailer just feels incredibly underwhelming. I'm concerned that this movie was rushed in order to coincide with a Captain America release in order to push the avenger hype even more. I don't know, i'll hold my reservations until i see it though.

Kazenji
The movie was rushed??....how so when its been in development since 2008 when Branagh hopped on board.

Esau Cairn
Development has got absolutely nothing to do with filming the actual movie.

jaden101
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic

Thor isn't a model, he's a fighter, so him being perfectly ripped for posing isn't logical (especially considering how the film will add more 'logical' introductions to Asgard).

While you're right about the choice of the physique of the character I think you're most likely wrong about the reason behind it. It WILL be purely for aesthetics. The fact is that the giant muscle bound freaks like Arnie and Ferrigno just aren't considered the "ideal" by either admiring women or by aspiring men. (or the other way around in these modern times stick out tongue) Film makers are far more likely to take in to consideration what kind of look will draw in the crowds than they are whether or not it's true to the source or whether or not it's more believable for what feats the character has to do (the latter is irrelevant in a fictional superhero movie anyway because a person's physique can have little or no bearing on whether or not they are super fast/strong/agile) anyway.

Kazenji
Development has got absolutely nothing to do with filming the actual movie.

It does when he started in 2008 the filming.

Mr. Rhythmic
While you're right about the choice of the physique of the character I think you're most likely wrong about the reason behind it. It WILL be purely for aesthetics. The fact is that the giant muscle bound freaks like Arnie and Ferrigno just aren't considered the "ideal" by either admiring women or by aspiring men. (or the other way around in these modern times stick out tongue) Film makers are far more likely to take in to consideration what kind of look will draw in the crowds than they are whether or not it's true to the source or whether or not it's more believable for what feats the character has to do (the latter is irrelevant in a fictional superhero movie anyway because a person's physique can have little or no bearing on whether or not they are super fast/strong/agile) anyway.

I never said that looking good wasn't a factor. What I DID say was that he looks good in an athletic way, not a bodybuilder way.

dadudemon
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Part of being an actor is literally looking the part for which you are playing.

Saying someone looks like a "Nordic god" is almost always synonymous with being legendarily massive. He’s supposed to be an immortal Norse warrior.

Additionally, this is Thor from a comic book. Resembling the part is almost a requirement.

DDM is a homo, so he's overly concerned with how much muscle an actor has.

...says the gent thrusting himself on a Filipino MMA fighter and demanding that he allow you to "train" and "manage" him.

And, I'm only this way with comic book characters in movies. Notice I did not whine on about how Edward's actor is much scrawnier than the book counter-part? smile

dadudemon
http://aaronschneider.com/shots/Rocky_Marciano.jpg

Here's a better photo of Rocky's heavyweight physique:

http://www.boxingnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/marciano423.jpg

http://www.celevs.com/r/rocky-marciano/rocky-marciano1.jpg

Rocky wasn't a "little" guy. For the time, that was quite a muscular physique. Compared to the heavyweights of these days, sure, he's not as muscular.

Here's a modern heavyweight champ's physique:

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/photos/330/David-Haye15.jpg

Also, here's a better, much less biased, comparison:

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Mariusz-2.jpg

big grin

Good ol' Mariusz.

Kazenji

Saying someone looks like a "Nordic god" is almost always synonymous with being legendarily massive. He’s supposed to be an immortal Norse warrior.

Additionally, this is Thor from a comic book. Resembling the part is almost a requirement.

I bet there will some hardcore norse mythology person that will go on about how many things they got wrong with the movie when it comes out.

dadudemon
I bet there will some hardcore norse mythology person that will go on about how many things they got wrong with the movie when it comes out.

You are 100% correct and it will be hundreds if not thousands of people who do that.

BruceSkywalker
You are 100% correct and it will be hundreds if not thousands of people who do that.

don't forget some of the hardcore comics fans as well..

but i won't be one of them

Robtard

...says the gent thrusting himself on a Filipino MMA fighter and demanding that he allow you to "train" and "manage" him.

And, I'm only this way with comic book characters in movies. Notice I did not whine on about how Edward's actor is much scrawnier than the book counter-part? smile

The boy clearly needs help, have you seen his fight record and his 30+% body-fat?

Hemsworth's build does fit the comics, you homo.

dadudemon
The boy clearly needs help, have you seen his fight record and his 30+% body-fat?

I did and I could not believe that. There's no way someone who works out and trains for MMA can possibly be 30% BF. Unless he trains every 4 days for just an hour, or something. Even my "fat" ass isn't over 20% and I can barely see my abs, at the moment.

Hemsworth's build does fit the comics, you homo.

He's close. I say about 15-25 more lbs and he's ideal.

the ninjak
So I saw most of and it was awesome.

Love the script. And Thor shows good battle feats.

barbera123

Utsukushii
I can't wait for Thor.

Chris Hemsworth = droolio

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

JOddp-nlNvQ

uHBnrJowBZE

gonna try and see this this weekend.

Mr Parker
Why do peoplr bring up F4, Ghost Rider and Xmen. Sure they sucked they were Fox.

Ironman, Incredible Hulk and Cap are MARVEL STUDIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are trying to fix their mistakes.
Marvel was bankrupt when they made Blade.
Use you heads and not your hate.

well said.sure hope the fix spiderman in the reboot.I just dont feel good about it though.

Mr Parker
Huh?

Banned. erm Can't even have a conversation with new members these days without suspecting trollage and banning.

Also, Dolph isn't dumb, I thought.

Later in life, taking "roids" can improve cognitive ability. So it's not a "dumb" thing, really. I'd say that it makes ***holes more impulsive, but it really doesn't make anyone dumb. What makes one dumb is the dieting which is where the "myth" comes from that steroids make a person dumb: it's the dieting that does. Even then, it's miminal and it's the "lathargic" catabolic state that is actually being observed. A quick boost in glycogen levels would most likely remedy their lathargic and impaired state. big grin

To bring it on topic, I'm sure our pal, Hemsworth, knows exactly what I'm talking about. He got fairly lean for his role.

Boy you arent kidding. Cant believe that guy got banned.From reading his threads he didnt do anything ban worthy.Unless he made a thread that got deleted that was innappropriate or was a sock.If not, KMC has really gone downhill from when we first joined.

anyways,have you see the movie yet? has anybody here seen it? If so,is it as good as the two trailers are? It looks like a great film from the trailers but again,I thought Sherlock Holmes was going to be my favorite movie of the year after seeing the trailer but I hated it.

Kazenji
And yet this user could'nt do it in one post.

leslielove4u

Mr Parker
Like I was saying,for the people who have seen it other than the one below me for the obvious reason,do you think the movie is as good as the trailer?

Kazenji
This person is on your Ignore List.

T.M
I have seen it and yes it is up there with other Marvel studio films only just behind Iron-Man. I watched it in 3D because I was outvoted by my friends, and I would advise against watching seeing a 3D screening if possible because there is a fare amount of motion blur in the action sequences. On the whole it is very good though. I gave it 7/10 in the thread in the comic movie section. It was let down by the poor 3D and the final battle could have been better.

Keep your eyes and ears open though because there is quite a few references in the film.

Just stay away from the 3D version and you will be fine.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by T.M
I have seen it and yes it is up there with other Marvel studio films only just behind Iron-Man. I watched it in 3D because I was outvoted by my friends, and I would advise against watching seeing a 3D screening if possible because there is a fare amount of motion blur in the action sequences. On the whole it is very good though. I gave it 7/10 in the thread in the comic movie section. It was let down by the poor 3D and the final battle could have been better.

Keep your eyes and ears open though because there is quite a few references in the film.

Just stay away from the 3D version and you will be fine.

cool. cool glad to hear it.we'll do.I got no problem with that at all because I am usually against 3 d films anyways. smile

marwash22
I bet there will some hardcore norse mythology person that will go on about how many things they got wrong with the movie when it comes out. those people are friggin clowns.

jaden101
I wasn't going in expecting much after the 1st 8 minute long trailer that came out ages ago...Seems they've worked on the CGI quality a bit since then. Not normally one who likes these "origin" comic book movies but this done the decent thing and skipped most of the tedious crap that plagued things like Hulk, Spiderman, Ironman etc...All the boring stuff before the action.

I liked it more than I thought I would...And Natalie Portman is hot for a dirty Jew.

Robtard
We usually have similar taste in movies so maybe I'll watch this in the theaters. I was initially expecting 100% shit, hope you didn't just have a retard moment when watching this.

Indeed she is, indeed she is.

NemeBro
Rotten Tomatoes has a 92% for it last I checked, it's apparently good.

Seeing it tomorrow I am.

jaden101
We usually have similar taste in movies so maybe I'll watch this in the theaters. I was initially expecting 100% shit, hope you didn't just have a retard moment when watching this.

Indeed she is, indeed she is.

It's not three bad...Has some comical moments. Still want to see a big screen big budget moment of Hulk picking up Mjolnir and Thor freaking out like a the big ****** he is.

Asgard looks pretty cool...Have to give it props for that...Not sure if Stringer Bell from the Wire fits in as the Gate Keeper though.

steverules_2
I liked it, I liked when it said 'Thor will return in the avengers'

Robtard
It's not three bad...Has some comical moments. Still want to see a big screen big budget moment of Hulk picking up Mjolnir and Thor freaking out like a the big ****** he is.

Asgard looks pretty cool...Have to give it props for that...Not sure if Stringer Bell from the Wire fits in as the Gate Keeper though.

The cartoon 'Ultimate Avengers' has Hulk doing that to Thor.

jaden101
The cartoon 'Ultimate Avengers' has Hulk doing that to Thor.

Which is why I want to see a big screen film version of it. Cos the cartoons are bad ass but don't really show it well enough.

Also the reason I want a Superman Vs Doomsday big budget movie with most of Metropolis getting totally f**king destroyed during an epic battle. Just like the cartoon version of that fight.

Scythe
Which is why I want to see a big screen film version of it. Cos the cartoons are bad ass but don't really show it well enough.

Also the reason I want a Superman Vs Doomsday big budget movie with most of Metropolis getting totally f**king destroyed during an epic battle. Just like the cartoon version of that fight.

I've always wanted to see a Supes vs Doomsday brawl like that too. It would be fun.

Kazenji
. Not normally one who likes these "origin" comic book movies but this done the decent thing and skipped most of the tedious crap that plagued things like Hulk, Spiderman, Ironman etc...All the boring stuff before the action.

How was the "Tedious Crap" as you put it.. bad in the Iron Man flick, It was decent in the first movie.

BruceSkywalker
just got back from seeing this.. i liked it a lot.. felt everyone was well casted.. liked the story, good cgi, although i do wonder how alex skarsgard would've acted alongside his father..

looking forward to thor's further adventures..

i give this a solid 9/10

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
just got back from seeing this.. i liked it a lot.. felt everyone was well casted.. liked the story, good cgi, although i do wonder how alex skarsgard would've acted alongside his father..

looking forward to thor's further adventures..

i give this a solid 9/10

cool beans. cool sounds like the movie is every bit as good as those two trailers are.Looking forward to it.

jaden101
How was the "Tedious Crap" as you put it.. bad in the Iron Man flick, It was decent in the first movie.

Because I f**king say it was. That's how.

Kazenji
Yeah well i disagree with ya so stick that.

quanchi112
Great flick. Great casting, great plot, great job marvel.

jaden101
Yeah well i disagree with ya so stick that.

laughing

I like you...You can stay.

Esau Cairn
Considering Thor spent most of the movie as a mortal, I walked away hoping for a sequel rather than seeing him have to share screen time in The Avengers.

kentroy

NemeBro
Really liked it.

Might like it better than the Iron Man movies.

Newjak
I loved this movie

but for the general crowd I would give it a 7-8/10

jinXed by JaNx
not a bad movie but to be fair it was quite boring for a Thor movie. Nothing really happened through out the movie, I thought the first half hour was really strong but the second half just kind of dragged on with nothing very interesting occurring.

Zack Fair
Hulk won't be picking up MJOLNIR. 131

ozziememz
loved the film, super entertaining!

FistOfThe North
bore (2011)

i'll pass. never was really into him anyway. i'll probably (maybe) dl it online in a month a two when it'll look good enough visually if i remember to do so..

Kazenji
Considering Thor spent most of the movie as a mortal, I walked away hoping for a sequel rather than seeing him have to share screen time in The Avengers.

But he is getting a sequel

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
bore (2011)

i'll pass. never was really into him anyway. i'll probably (maybe) dl it online in a month a two when it'll look good enough visually if i remember to do so..

thats a stupid reason not to go and see it erm

Myth
Just watched Thor. The stuff in the spoiler tag is spoiler-ish, but not blatant spoilers. It was better than Iron Man 2 due to having a better story, but not as good as Iron Man (I compare it to those because it has a similar feel). Thor, the character, was very good. He was bad ass when he needed to be, and he was humorous when he needed to be. The bad guy was ok. He didn't get me excited, but he didn't ruin anything either. Natalia Portman was ok for a bit, but her character really wore on me. She wines a lot throughout the movie about her scientific equipment, and one specific scene when the focus seems it should be on Thor being a bad ass, we get a close up of Natalie taking forever to say "Oh... my.... god" in a very annoying and ditsy way. Natalie's intern was even worse. She was apparently supposed to be a comic relief or something, but she just made Facebook and iPod references the whole time and I wanted her to die. Thor's sidekicks also sucked. They had a battle at the beginning (which I didn't like because it was too Lord of the Rings like, which is just not my type of movie), but after that, Thor's sidekicks were worthless. They felt more like comic relief themselves rather than bad asses. Heck, they came to Earth to help Thor, but they were completely worthless during the mini battle that took place on Earth. In fact, the only reason that Earth was attached was because they went there looking for Thor, so the only way they helped was by accidentally making Earth attacked so Thor could redeem himself. Finally, the bad guy froze the one guard (who was a character I liked by the way) that seemed to be able to help Thor and his friends, but did not kill the guard which allowed him to get out of the ice and save them. This was stupid for a couple of reasons. First, the bad guy is being all secretive so keeping this guy alive would have eventually blown his cover anyway, so why didn't he kill him and make up some story about his death? Second, the timing of the guard getting out of the ice was ridiculously perfect. Thor: 'Oh my, we are stuck on Earth, how are we going to get out of this bind?' Guard: 'Don't worry, I completely frozen, but I'll break out of it now at the most convenient time because I'm motivated, while earlier I didn't care if I was stuck in ice.' Seriously, the character growth/story of Thor plus a couple of the action scenes on Earth were the only real redeeming qualities of this movie.

6/10 (which is a disappointment from how much I thought I'd like it)

Robtard
Better than I thought. About on par with IM2. Looking forward to The Avengers.

Portman's character was crap. But she is incredibly pleasing to look at, so it's all good.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Myth
Just watched Thor. The stuff in the spoiler tag is spoiler-ish, but not blatant spoilers. It was better than Iron Man 2 due to having a better story, but not as good as Iron Man (I compare it to those because it has a similar feel). Thor, the character, was very good. He was bad ass when he needed to be, and he was humorous when he needed to be. The bad guy was ok. He didn't get me excited, but he didn't ruin anything either. Natalia Portman was ok for a bit, but her character really wore on me. She wines a lot throughout the movie about her scientific equipment, and one specific scene when the focus seems it should be on Thor being a bad ass, we get a close up of Natalie taking forever to say "Oh... my.... god" in a very annoying and ditsy way. Natalie's intern was even worse. She was apparently supposed to be a comic relief or something, but she just made Facebook and iPod references the whole time and I wanted her to die. Thor's sidekicks also sucked. They had a battle at the beginning (which I didn't like because it was too Lord of the Rings like, which is just not my type of movie), but after that, Thor's sidekicks were worthless. They felt more like comic relief themselves rather than bad asses. Heck, they came to Earth to help Thor, but they were completely worthless during the mini battle that took place on Earth. In fact, the only reason that Earth was attached was because they went there looking for Thor, so the only way they helped was by accidentally making Earth attacked so Thor could redeem himself. Finally, the bad guy froze the one guard (who was a character I liked by the way) that seemed to be able to help Thor and his friends, but did not kill the guard which allowed him to get out of the ice and save them. This was stupid for a couple of reasons. First, the bad guy is being all secretive so keeping this guy alive would have eventually blown his cover anyway, so why didn't he kill him and make up some story about his death? Second, the timing of the guard getting out of the ice was ridiculously perfect. Thor: 'Oh my, we are stuck on Earth, how are we going to get out of this bind?' Guard: 'Don't worry, I completely frozen, but I'll break out of it now at the most convenient time because I'm motivated, while earlier I didn't care if I was stuck in ice.' Seriously, the character growth/story of Thor plus a couple of the action scenes on Earth were the only real redeeming qualities of this movie.

lol...those are like...my same complaints.

I liked the Forst Giant intro fight, though. That was nice.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Myth

Captain obvious to the rescue..........for couple of those things you brought up.

Impediment
For anyone here who actually knows comic books:

What kind of plot do you think the writers are going to make since they introduced the Cosmic Cube in the after credits cut scene?

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment

What kind of plot do you think the writers are going to make since they introduced the Cosmic Cube in the after credits cut scene?

It's apparently going to appear in Captain America too.

ares834

Thanos...

biscuits

BruceSkywalker
Thanos...

biscuits

ROLFLMAO.. but if Thanos is in it, then so should Adam Warlock.

But i cannot wait for the sequel.

stick out tongue

Impediment
Three words:

Beta. Ray. Bill.

Oh, yeah.

BruceSkywalker
Three words:

Beta. Ray. Bill.

Oh, yeah.

Bill would be cool, but I'm sure Marvel will do that just yet,,

how about The Celestials?? or The Deviants?

Mr. Rhythmic
Man, that was a good movie. Certainly picked up "Iron Man 2"'s slack, and was a great adaptation of one of Marvel's biggest superheroes. Anything that I was worried about with the trailers made complete sense in the film, and the character of Thor was much closer to the comics than I expected. I personally found the Destroyer climax to be a major disappointment, however. They honestly should've used another character, because the Destroyer was completely wasted in here. Also, Hawkeye's cameo felt weird to me.
However, besides that? Great performances (Loki actually being an even better villain than his comic counterpart imo), amazing visuals, good dialogue, and definitely the best way to kick off a superhero summer. I give it an 8.5/10.

To me, Coheed and Cambria should've done the theme song. This is the song that comes into my head when thinking about Thor.

abJYXY3mPjs

Mr. Rhythmic

I'm guessing that Hydra makes the Cosmic Cube, and Loki, being the original Avengers villain, makes everyone hunt the Hulk, diverging them from Loki taking the Cube. I'm willing to bet that we get some extra baddies in there, possibly Abomination and some anti-Iron Man foes.

BruceSkywalker
I'm guessing that Hydra makes the Cosmic Cube, and Loki, being the original Avengers villain, makes everyone hunt the Hulk, diverging them from Loki taking the Cube. I'm willing to bet that we get some extra baddies in there, possibly Abomination and some anti-Iron Man foes.

this will definitely work for the forthcoming avengers film

BruceSkywalker
thought about this.. Thor issue 300 would look good on the big screen especially with thir wearing the belt of strength.. also i would like to see amora and skurge introduced, hela , surtur as well

Impediment
Absorbing Man would have made a much better villain for a Thor movie than he did in Ang Lee's "Hulk".

Nemesis X
The romance was lame. In the comics when Thor was banished, he did fall for a mortal but that was when he had amnesia. What he didn't know was that he already had a lover in Asgard and when he regained his memories, things were a bit awkward for him until the mortal woman met somebody else the ****. Cut that last part out and add it to the movie and you got a pretty good twist.

Esau Cairn
But he is getting a sequel

So you're saying there will be a Thor 2 after The Avengers movies?

Kazenji
Yes.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The romance was lame. In the comics when Thor was banished, he did fall for a mortal but that was when he had amnesia. What he didn't know was that he already had a lover in Asgard and when he regained his memories, things were a bit awkward for him until the mortal woman met somebody else the ****. Cut that last part out and add it to the movie and you got a pretty good twist.

Wow, Did'nt know you knew your Thor comics.

Genius Grace

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thought about this.. Thor issue 300 would look good on the big screen especially with thir wearing the belt of strength.. also i would like to see amora and skurge introduced, hela , surtur as well

maybe i should become a writer, etc...

please read....

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=37456

Mr Parker
Finally got around to seeing this movie yesterday.I got to say this is easily the best marvel comicbook movie ever made.Hands down,no contest.I would have to give this movie a ranking of 10 out of 10.It was excellent.Exciting from beginning to finish.Heck I would go so far as to say this movie was not only better than Iron Man "whom up to now,I always considered to easily be the best marvel comicbook movie ever made," but twice as good as it was.And thats saying a lot since no other marvel comicbook movie till then or since then, had come close to being as good as Ironman was for me.

For me,what really made this movie exceptional and amazing was the special effects,they were truly amazing and awesome.seeing the world that Thor lives in.Great story and everything to back it up as well.theres some major blockbuster movies out there that have amazing special effects but its so horribly written,you cant take it serious once you get past the special effects. a couple examples are spider-man and star wars,revenge of the sith for example.

Revenge of the sith for instance,I was really impressed with the first time I saw it mainly because of the special effects and really enjoyed it the first time.That was mainly because I was so much dissapointed with its two predecessers before it though.after a a couple more viewings though,I was able to then look past how great the special effects were and realise that its not that great a movie.That I only liked it as much as i did the first time because like i said,it wasnt near as bad as the first two and had some amazing special effects.

Iron man I still enjoyed immensely after multiple viewings so I have no doubt that I will with Thor as well.I plan on seeing this film at least 3 or 4 more times while in the theaters.This movie was so awesome,I cant believe I am saying this but I will probably actually rank it up there with the first two Superman movies and Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.Both which are listed in my favorites list.I really enjoyed Ironman a lot, but not enough to where I ranked it as one of my favorites.It was funny when those Shield agents came out and said-Is this one of Starks machines?lol.

Thank god the movie trailers in this film did not let me down and the movie was every bit as great and exciting as the two trailers are on the first post of this thread.I knew from experience not to get too excited about it just because the trailers looked good.I was thinking that Sherlock Holmes for instance,was going to easily be my most favorite movie of the year that year because the trailer was so great.Turned out to be a major dissapointment though and I so much hated that film.This one however came though with flying colors.Captain America is going to have his work cut out for him trying to measure up tp Thor.

The only complaint that I really have about this movie and its very minor is that I was never a Thor fan or anything,but the few times I read a few of his comics and the few times I saw him in cartoons,I dont ever remember him smiling and being friendly like he was in the film.I always remember him being dead serious all the time when he spoke.

You got to assume there will be a sequal and somehow he will find his way back to earth again and be reunited with his lost love.

feynarun3
cool movie

Mr Parker
] Originally posted by feynarun3
cool movie [/QUOTE

damn strait.something else i just thought of that I have a gripe about on this movie as well is Thor never had a beard as I recall,whats up with that?

Mr Parker

thats what im talking about right there.I dont see no beard on Thor in this pic.never could recall him having one.why they decided to do that is beyond me.

jaden101

Kazenji
thats what im talking about right there.I dont see no beard on Thor in this pic.never could recall him having one.why they decided to do that is beyond me.

Ahhhhh but he has had a beard at one point in the Thor comics.

kmolano

Newjak
thats what im talking about right there.I dont see no beard on Thor in this pic.never could recall him having one.why they decided to do that is beyond me. At different points throughout his history Thor has had a beard.

Plus the movie version of Thor is a blend of two different Thors. The mainstream Thor and the Ultimate version of Thor (Who had a beard).

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Newjak
At different points throughout his history Thor has had a beard.

Plus the movie version of Thor is a blend of two different Thors. The mainstream Thor and the Ultimate version of Thor (Who had a beard).

oh okay,thats good to know.Now thats no big deal.

Newjak
oh okay,thats good to know.Now thats no big deal. Glad I could help with something stick out tongue

bakerboy
Great movie. Not only the special effects, also the story and the acting was great, specially Chris Hensworth, ANthony Hopkins and Tom Hiddleston. The asgard parts were great. Best marvel movie.

By the way, thor had a beard sometimes. I remember the walt simonson era, thor had a beard there.

ericsaffold

Nemesis X
1DTgNkkX2eU&feature=showob

Nephthys
That dead father joke was hilarious. laughing

Good show, good show.

CPT Space Bomb
Thor, my personal favorite comic movie since The Dark Knight. X-men was great too, and I'm hoping I'll enjoy Captain America more, but Thor was just excellent.

Mr Parker
yeah easily the best MARVEL comicbook filme ever made,no contest.Cap is going to have his work cut out for him.

wakkawakkawakka
Iron Man was still better IMO. However it definitely wins 2nd followed by Spider-Man 2 in my Marvel movie criticism.

Thor was hands down the best superhero flick shown thus far in 2011.

Patient_Leech
Saw this last night. I enjoyed it. I'll admit that I was intoxicated for it, haha.. but I thought it worked well as a comedy. When he walks into the animal store and demands a horse.. hahaha laughing laughing out loud laughing

the ninjak
I reckon they made the right choice, a Coming to America small town entrance similar to the King Arthur myth but more uber.

It worked in the recent issues of Thor and it worked here. Could've used some more interaction with the world around him but a good film.

Kazenji
It worked in the recent issues of Thor and it worked here. Could've used some more interaction with the world around him but a good film.

Well apparantly there was alot more interaction according to the two scriptwriters, So i'm guessing there will be alot of deleted scenes.

the ninjak
Well apparantly there was alot more interaction according to the two scriptwriters, So i'm guessing there will be alot of deleted scenes.

Yeah the DVD is gonna have alot of smalltown interaction I can't wait.

jshawn87
Thor is a great movie, awesome storyline and presentation.

Darth Martin
It's really surprising how Marvel will go 3/3 in solid films this year. Thor was fun, X-Men was great, and Captain America appears to be something special.

If we could just lose the trash like Super 8, TRON, and Transformers.

Kazenji
Tron Legacy was'nt trash mad

Darth Martin
Yes it was.

ares834
Originally posted by Darth Martin
If we could just lose the trash like Super 8,

confused

K-Dog
What a great movie. Do you think Odin knew what would happen when he banished Thor? He knew that could only leave Loki to be future king if Thor didn't come back. Would he do that?

jinXed by JaNx
seems like he was genuine in believing that loki could be capable of ruling.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>