Odin vs The Inbetweener

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins?

guy222
I-B

dmills
Tweener.

Damborgson
close...but I guess inbetweener.

Gecko4lif
Not close.

Ib all day everyday

Black bolt z
This is spite.

IB stomps.

leonidas
@ everyone who posted: based on?

zopzop
The IB. That whole "summon the opposite and kill" deal is too much to overcome.

The only thing that saved Galactus' @$$ from being insta killed in this fashion was that the IB was Galactus' opposite, Odin doesn't have this luxury.

Slaanesh
IB easily..

Black bolt z
Originally posted by zopzop

The only thing that saved Galactus' @$$ from being insta killed in this fashion was that the IB was Galactus' opposite, Odin doesn't have this luxury. Who would Odins opposite be?

zopzop
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Who would Odins opposite be?

Who was the Punisher's (Galactus' robot) opposite?

Black bolt z
Who was the Punisher's (Galactus' robot) opposite? That doesn't answer my question no expression.

zopzop
That doesn't answer my question no expression.

Yes it does. How the hell do I know who Odin's opposite is? I don't even know who the Punisher robot's opposite is. Galactus was the one being the IB couldn't pull that trick on because as it was explained in the issue, the IB was Galactus' opposite so there was nothing to summon.

Black bolt z
Yes it does. How the hell do I know who Odin's opposite is? I don't even know who the Punisher robot's opposite is. Galactus was the one being the IB couldn't pull that trick on because as it was explained in the issue, the IB was Galactus' opposite so there was nothing to summon. Well if Odin doesn't have an opposite then who is IB going to summon?

Would his opposite be Hela?

zopzop
Well if Odin doesn't have an opposite then who is IB going to summon?

Would his opposite be Hela?

I'm pretty sure Odin has an opposite the IB can summon. Galactus was the only exception because the IB was his opposite.

And no, Hela isn't Odin's opposite.

JakeTheBank
I would guess Surtur.

Maybe his evil Infinity alter-ego from way back in the day.

Black bolt z
I'm pretty sure Odin has an opposite the IB can summon. Galactus was the only exception because the IB was his opposite.

And no, Hela isn't Odin's opposite. Well can you name him? Because if Odin doesn't have a known opposite then there would be no one for IB to summon.

Or IB could just shitstomp him with his own power.

guy222
I-B is on Big G's lvl of power

Said in the past Odin rivaled Galactus

Saying that, if Odin has a decent showing vs Galactus coming up, I will change my reply

rotiart
It Might be majestom zelia or whatever her name was. The mother to perikus... It was the dark gods who were considered opposite of adgard

basilisk

The only thing that saved Galactus' @$$ from being insta killed in this fashion was that the IB was Galactus' opposite, Odin doesn't have this luxury. Originally posted by zopzop
Galactus was the one being the IB couldn't pull that trick on because as it was explained in the issue, the IB was Galactus' opposite so there was nothing to summon. How does that all work anyway? I mean IB wanted to summon Galactus's opposite but couldn't becasue IB was G's opposite - so G's opposite was already there, fighting him. Same result as if the summon had worked isn't it? And yet he wasn't automatically winning.

What exactly does this say about the whole strategy of summoning opposites to defeat an opponent? Why would your 'opposite' automatically be powerful enough to defeat you? - being the opposite of something doesn't make it inferior/superior.

If you think about it, if IB was fighting you, he would summon your opposite. But if he was fighting your opposite, his strategy would apparently be to summon you. Yet he would think this is a winning strategy in both situations? Just as likely it would end up as a stalemate or even a loss.

dadudemon
Originally posted by basilisk
Yet he would think this is a winning strategy in both situations? Just as likely it would end up as a stalemate or even a loss.

These were my thoughts, exactly.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by guy222
I-B is on Big G's lvl of power

Said in the past Odin rivaled Galactus

Saying that, if Odin has a decent showing vs Galactus coming up, I will change my reply This.

Obviously is Odin does well then i'd change my opinion.

leonidas
so... he wins because he summons an opposite? blink

and so it then becomes 2on1 is that it? and if odin killed his opposite? or if IB can summon in help, why not odin as well? and why didn't he summon strange's opposite when strange alone stalemated him for a while? thanos even seemed able to temporarily (or it seemed to me) match ib's power level.

not buying it.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
so... he wins because he summons an opposite? blink

and so it then becomes 2on1 is that it? and if odin killed his opposite? or if IB can summon in help, why not odin as well? and why didn't he summon strange's opposite when strange alone stalemated him for a while? thanos even seemed able to temporarily (or it seemed to me) match ib's power level.

not buying it.

you talking bout Thanos Quest? If you are, I thought Thanos said something about trying to match his power output. I'm not really sure if he even really matched it.

zopzop
Originally posted by basilisk
How does that all work anyway? I mean IB wanted to summon Galactus's opposite but couldn't becasue IB was G's opposite - so G's opposite was already there, fighting him. Same result as if the summon had worked isn't it? And yet he wasn't automatically winning.

What exactly does this say about the whole strategy of summoning opposites to defeat an opponent? Why would your 'opposite' automatically be powerful enough to defeat you? - being the opposite of something doesn't make it inferior/superior.

If you think about it, if IB was fighting you, he would summon your opposite. But if he was fighting your opposite, his strategy would apparently be to summon you. Yet he would think this is a winning strategy in both situations? Just as likely it would end up as a stalemate or even a loss.

No, the way the IB explained it on panel, he first studies the opponent. Then he summons it's polar opposite. When his opponent and his polar opposite meet, they destroy themselves. Like matter and anti-matter meeting.

Galactus was the one exception. He's also shown the ability to kill things by summoning Death (like he did with the Elders, when he FORCED her to renege on her contract and kill the Elders).

the Darkone
I think Odin opposite is Dormammu, it makes sense in a since. Odin is consider the top Sky Father, as where Dormammu is consider top demon Lord.

I would still take IB high on the food chain, but Odin will give him hell.

rotiart
Is dormammu the top? What about satan daemom hellstorms father? When the chaos king defeated and absorbed Satan he was like... Omg the power is insane!

the Darkone
Originally posted by rotiart
Is dormammu the top? What about satan daemom hellstorms father? When the chaos king defeated and absorbed Satan he was like... Omg the power is insane!

Satannish is the father of daemon hellstorm!

bbrem123
dormammu isnt really a demon lord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.