Iron Man vs. Cable (Read setup)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Ironman takes on Cable w/tech.

At one time Iron Man made a comment to the effect of "if it has a computer, I can control it."

On the other hand can supposedly control anything on the "infonet" to the point where he threatens to activate the nano-sentinels in Sabertooth's,

So lets put it to the test. Here's the setup:

We have a giant arena with 1000 "red" and 1000 "blue" robots that are functionally identical.

Iron Man is given direct control of team "red" and Cable team "blue". Whichever team has members left standing in the end will be the winner.

Neither Iron Man nor Cable are allowed to attack each other or the robots directly with powers, but they are allowed to "hack" the opposing robots through their respective control abilities (ie Cable could not use his forcefield/TK to destroy robots but he could in theory take over them through the infonet).

Beyond the "direct control" front, they're both allowed to use their tactical abilities to guide the robots as best the see. We'll assume they both have a vantage point to see the entire arena.

So who's the better technomancer?

Juk3n
Cable is so far beyond Ironman tactically it's not even funny, but when it comes to tech, Tony Stark is almost king..there are only a few people better, Doom, Reed and oh yeah, Cable when he had his Wifi interface when he gave attempted to replicate his powers artificially. BUT, i figure it's been a long time since then and Tonys armor and capabilities have progressed to a point beyond "infonet". If Cable kept up his tech-play, he'd be beyond Tony, but Cable is a hero and he had major shit to do, no time to sit on his ass inventing new ways to be a douche, so I'll give this fight to Tony..but he'll never be as cool as Cable so it doesn't matter!

ps i hate seeing cable lose, so to the OP..i hate you, please die.

j/k stick out tongue

Placidity
Cable

He can interface with many of the robots with his mind instantly and simultaneously. Whereas Stark has to hack them individually, or even if he could hack all of them the same time, can only manage so many at a single time. Stark would also be slower due to the delay between his input to his suit/computer and then sending the signal out, whereas Cable can hack them directly.

Cable can also coordinate an assault sooo much better, due to his ability to multitask directly.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Placidity
Cable

He can interface with many of the robots with his mind instantly and simultaneously. Whereas Stark has to hack them individually, or even if he could hack all of them the same time, can only manage so many at a single time. Stark would also be slower due to the delay between his input to his suit/computer and then sending the signal out, whereas Cable can hack them directly.

Cable can also coordinate an assault sooo much better, due to his ability to multitask directly. Stark is a technopath last time i checked he should be able to control all of them simultaneously.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, Stark's current Bleeding Edge armor is Extremis+ and Extremis has shown various technopathic abilities.

"Id"
Its an interesting toss up.

The Dominus Objective was an impressive piece of hardwear. With it nothing was out his reach, and the fact that he beat Blackbox in the digital world is proof that he can hang with the better. But is it enough to compete with Tony?

On the other hand, were one could dabble if Cable is or is not the better cyberpath. With out a doubt, he is the better battle tactician of the two. Considering this is a battle in automated warfare, its nothing to sneeze at or left out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.