Mr. X vs Cassandra Cain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
H2H fight in an abandoned warehouse
To the death
Full bloodlust
No PIS

Juk3n
Assuming Mr.Xs powers are functioning properly, and Cassy doesn't use Drunken Boxing roll eyes (sarcastic) then Mr.X should win 10/10 random encounters. She doesn't operate at fast enough levels to out speed his auto-counters. If she's aware of his ability, she may find a way around them, though i can't think of an example that doesn't fall into the "but that doesn't really make sense, given his powerset" catagory.

X wins, no unsuspecting street should be able to touch him or out react him.

Prep-Man
Cass.

Juk3n
Or this

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Cass.

srankmissingnin
Iron Fist's drunken boxing afforded him the chance to hit Mr. X a single time, run away, and then get BFR'd. People read way too much into it. Nothing suggested he would have been able win a drawn out encounter.

Without PIS or a plot device Mr. X would take Cass 10/10

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Iron Fist's drunken boxing afforded him the chance to hit Mr. X a single time, run away, and then get BFR'd. People read way too much into it. Nothing suggested he would have been able win a drawn out encounter.

Not to mention that was a single issue by reember which contradict entire history of Mr. X and pretty much made every person on the thunderbolts look like idiots and out of character.

SasuOna
Cass takes this

iceman24567
Cass

King Castle
Mr. X

unless he is suffering from some massive one sided PIS and Cass is covered in writer armor

srankmissingnin
Mr. X shows Cass why Shiva doesn't want to fight Archer Braun... only he is about 10 times better than Archer Braun. cool

juggernaut74
Cain wins.

srankmissingnin
How does Batgirl wins... wtf is wrong you people? confused

The last time they fought Nightwing stalemated her...

King Castle
umm...to answer your question, one of them is doing to get under you and others skin being adversarial in nature.

and if i were to play devil's advocate and pretend to be on the otherside of this since none of them will debate other then to make a short post of etc wins.... more then likely one of them would say, post a scan if it's true and if you did the follow up would be she wasnt trying and was holding back

iceman24567
Originally posted by King Castle
umm...to answer your question, one of them is doing to get under you and others skin being adversarial in nature.

and if i were to play devil's advocate and pretend to be on the otherside of this since none of them will debate other then to make a short post of etc wins.... more then likely one of them would say, post a scan if it's true and if you did the follow up would be she wasnt trying and was holding back This is playing devils advocate laughing

srankmissingnin

and if i were to play devil's advocate and pretend to be on the otherside of this since none of them will debate other then to make a short post of etc wins.... more then likely one of them would say, post a scan if it's true and if you did the follow up would be she wasnt trying and was holding back

It happened in Outsiders. Dick and Cass fought to a stalemate and Alfred showed up in the Batmobile and broke up the fight. Their last exchange before that was years ago, Cass had the advantage but Dick was confident that he would win eventually even then.

It takes more (a lot more in point of fact) than being able to barely defeat Lady Shiva, to be able to beat someone who can fight evenly with Wolverine. The notion that Cass has what it takes to beat X is absurd.

Daredevil1
Cass humiliated Shiva in there third encounter IIRC

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Cass humiliated Shiva in there third encounter IIRC

You remember incorrectly. They fought evenly, Shiva tried to finish it with the Leopard's Blow while Cass was down, Cass dodged it and broke Shiva's neck while she was over extended on the fallow through, then hung her over the Lazarus pit. There is also the CIS on Shiva's part and the fact that she actually wants Cass to kill her.

StyleTime
Cass is good, but Mr. X should take the majority over most street level martial artists in hand to hand. His powers are tailor made for that type of fight.

iceman24567
Originally posted by StyleTime
Cass is good, but Mr. X should take the majority over most street level martial artists in hand to hand. His powers are tailor made for that type of fight. True but if his opponent knows of his power they can work around it not sure if its common knowledge in character not sure if he would blabber about his power like he did to Rand. Im thinking threw her body language skill she could figure out what hes doing then bash his brains in

juggernaut74
Originally posted by iceman24567
True but if his opponent knows of his power they can work around it not sure if its common knowledge in character not sure if he would blabber about his power like he did to Rand. Im thinking threw her body language skill she could figure out what hes doing then bash his brains in Sometimes a character always blabs about how their power works. Like Sebastian Shaw for example, he's always telling his foes how his power works.

iceman24567
Yeah Mr. X is arrogant I guess he could blabber about his ability in a forum fight

BruceSkywalker
X is good, but Cass ftw

iceman24567
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
X is good, but Cass ftw This thumb up

srankmissingnin
If you think Batgirl wins, stop what you are doing and go get an MRI this instant.

iceman24567
If you think Batgirl wins, stop what you are doing and go get an MRI this instant. Are you going to pay for it?

srankmissingnin
Are you going to pay for it?

Move to Canada.

iceman24567
Move to Canada. laughing

StyleTime
True but if his opponent knows of his power they can work around it not sure if its common knowledge in character not sure if he would blabber about his power like he did to Rand. Im thinking threw her body language skill she could figure out what hes doing then bash his brains in
I could actually see that happening in a comic with a character shield from the writer, but I don't see what she'd do here on the forum.

Don't you think it'd be too late when/if she figured his power out? She doesn't get the luxury Wolverine's healing factor provides.

King Castle
does she still get the luxury of villain rant stopping to explain his powers and goals buying her time to compensate and bull the win? beer

Prep-Man
Cass is good, but Mr. X should take the majority over most street level martial artists in hand to hand. His powers are tailor made for that type of fight.

You could say the same for Cass and she isn't your typical street. I haven't seen most metas jump tall buildings without using a rope.

Q99

I'm in agreement (well, maybe 9/10). His ability is basically a superior version of hers.

Unless she uses her under-cover getup from Justice League Elite, wherein she had a Thanagarian Shadow Field ala Shadow Thief. Then she could beat him smile

I just checked that issue, that's not what happened.

They fought for awhile, Batgirl said "Had enough?" at one point where she had her hand on his throat, he said "Not even close," then Alfred showed up and got them to talk things out. So edge to Cassandra but Dick gave a good showing too.

There was a coin fight in the Beechen ultra-sucky Batgirl series where Dick said something to the effect that her reading isn't perfect, sooner or latter she'd make a mistake and he'd get her... but, ironically, he was missing every blow when saying this, and later when she stole a bat plane she casually brushed him aside with a kick.

The actual results seems to indicate that she's still better. Outsiders, Cass had something of an edge but he was hanging in. Beechen Batgirl, he was writing checks his skills couldn't cash and performed worse than Outsiders.

StyleTime
You could say the same for Cass and she isn't your typical street. I haven't seen most metas jump tall buildings without using a rope.
She's not extraordinary in any way that will actually change the fight though. She's high street of course, but they've all done logic defying stunts that humans can't actually do.

SasuOna
How is Mr X going to get around the fact that Cass' feats are superior to everything hes done?

King Castle
unless her feats translate to combat it doesn't matter.

might as well go to CV if you want to have a frivolous Feat olympics that has nothing to do with battle.

what feats does she have that puts her above ppl he has faced and stalemated or beaten?

she only has a few ambiguous feats nothing more her running and making a whooshing sound against some fodder isnt going to help her nor is her punching power superior to the guys X has faced

Lestov16
Cass moves very, very fast. I think you guys are severely underestimating her abilities here.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Lestov16
Cass moves very, very fast. I think you guys are severely underestimating her abilities here. Granted but unless she can counter or adapt to his ability her speed is almost useless

Lestov16
Granted but unless she can counter or adapt to his ability her speed is almost useless

She can counter his ability. That's what her father spent her entire childhood instilling in her

iceman24567
I meant his ability

Juk3n
Cass moves very, very fast. I think you guys are severely underestimating her abilities here.

Matter not if the person shes facing is as fast and has the single best bullet deflection feat among streets in any comic ever to back it up. She's not fast enough to bypass his powers, she can't win a h2h encounter.
She can counter his ability. That's what her father spent her entire childhood instilling in her
Her father doesn't know Mr X, and there is no Street level villain in all of DC with his ability so..meh?

Lestov16
Originally posted by Juk3n
Matter not if the person shes facing is as fast and has the single best bullet deflection feat among streets in any comic ever to back it up. She's not fast enough to bypass his powers, she can't win a h2h encounter.

But is he fast enough to bypass hers. Their combat precog cancels each other out, just leaving pure skill in which case Cass is the better combatant

Juk3n
But is he fast enough to bypass hers. Their combat precog cancels each other out No it doesn't, His is the BEST combat counter among streets, no one has better and she CANNOT bypass it.

iceman24567
His ability is superior to hers fighting him head on would be retarded no expression

King Castle
Cass in the same boat as Taskmaster her mishmash of skills are based on what she sees other do and that doesnt make her equally skilled to some one who actually is a master of said art form.. all she can ever know is what he uses and simply block and fight competently using her body reading skills to compensate for the skill gap which is nothing more then a fighter telegraphing their moves.

Skill wise Mr. X knows more MA then she does including shiar and kree.

and just to let you know Mr. X has easily defeated Taskmaster with his back turned outreacting him and even moving faster then Taskmaster beating him to the cage exit after taskmaster had a head start and never seeing X pass him

The Pict
Mr X 9/10.Cass can get a win, and her body-reading is very dangerous, however Mr X will be ahead of her most of the time.

Konton
=/ Comparing Cassandra to Taskmaster isn't fair. She's much better than him.

As far as this fight goes, they both know what the other person is going to do based on their abilities. Cassie's is a little slower because she has to read his body language and predict it as it comes. Mr. X has that millisecond advantage. Problem is that I don't see him being able to use this and move fast enough to hit her more than she's going to hit him. Her bullet feats and recent display of physical prowess kind of set her a peg above most high end streets.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Konton
=/ Comparing Cassandra to Taskmaster isn't fair. She's much better than him.

As far as this fight goes, they both know what the other person is going to do based on their abilities. Cassie's is a little slower because she has to read his body language and predict it as it comes. Mr. X has that millisecond advantage. Problem is that I don't see him being able to use this and move fast enough to hit her more than she's going to hit him. Her bullet feats and recent display of physical prowess kind of set her a peg above most high end streets.

in a PISless environment like a forum, she isnt going to hit him "her bullet feats" don't matter, he has AWSOME bullet feats to the point that arguing reaction time advantages between the two becomes pointless. If someone wants to point out a particular combat feat of Cassies that will overthrow X'x ability then you could end this thread with a /win in a single scan..please show.

Prep-Man
No it doesn't, His is the BEST combat counter among streets, no one has better and she CANNOT bypass it.

coughkaratekidcough!

Juk3n
coughkaratekidcough!

coughnotstreetorevenclosecoughfailless!

Prep-Man
Karate Kid is a normal being. No meta, he just amps his stats due to chi. Same as Iron Fist, except better. I mean Cassandra can jump up buildings and casually dodge bullets, so she's in the same boat.

Juk3n
Karate Kid spars with Kryptonians if you think Cassandra Cain is in the same boat as him then theres nothing to really discuss with you. Personally i don't think they're even in the same ocean.

Know why KK beats X? Because his speed is demonstrably faster than what X is capable of. Cassandra Cain doesn't have that luxury, if she did, there would have been a scan ending the debate 3 pages ago.

Know why KK beats X? Because of his SuperKarate and his ability to spot weaknesess, if X blocked an incoming attack of KK, the attack could very well shatter X's arm, such is the extent of KK's amp. Cassy doesn't share that luxury.

Show me a combat feat of Cassies that is beyond anything X can counter.

Konton
I'm sure you've already seen her bullet dance feat. Where she dodges direct fire after the bullets had been shot and still manages to weave in and out of the trajectory like it's a game... better than I've seen from X. If anything I'd say her sheer speed would even the gap between his precog advantage.

SasuOna
Cass beat up Bizarro Supergirl and Deathstroke has consistent showings of making the Flash look like an idiot.
Mr X however got Blitz by Quicksilver who isn't anywhere close to lightspeed anymore.

Juk3n
Originally posted by SasuOna
Cass beat up Bizarro Supergirl and Deathstroke has consistent showings of making the Flash look like an idiot.
Mr X however got Blitz by Quicksilver who isn't anywhere close to lightspeed anymore.

Show me how fast Supergirl was moving in the fight, explain to me why a class100 kryptonian would even register Cassy Cains blows without PIS.

And as for bringing up the Deathstroke feat..what do you expect? I bet Batman could replicate that feat, Flash IS an idiot afterall..want an example? See how strong and durable Rhino is? Notice how many times Spider-man has made him look like an idiot..does that mean Pete is stronger or more durable? No..it simply means Rhino is an idiot with his powers..now apply that to Flash for getting tagged by someone who takes blows from Nightwing confused

Prep-Man
Karate Kid spars with Kryptonians if you think Cassandra Cain is in the same boat as him then theres nothing to really discuss with you. Personally i don't think they're even in the same ocean.

Know why KK beats X? Because his speed is demonstrably faster than what X is capable of. Cassandra Cain doesn't have that luxury, if she did, there would have been a scan ending the debate 3 pages ago.

Know why KK beats X? Because of his SuperKarate and his ability to spot weaknesess, if X blocked an incoming attack of KK, the attack could very well shatter X's arm, such is the extent of KK's amp. Cassy doesn't share that luxury.

Show me a combat feat of Cassies that is beyond anything X can counter.

I just meant all 3 can do super human things. Personally, i think all 3 are not street level. Especially IF and KK. But they are in the same boat, because they can do above peak human stuff. But some people here think IF is street level. If he is street level than so is KK.

JakeTheBank
Comparing Flash to Rhino is a bit much imo, lol.

As for this thread, Mr. X.

Juk3n
I just meant all 3 can do super human things. Personally, i think all 3 are not street level. Especially IF and KK. But they are in the same boat, because they can do above peak human stuff. But some people here think IF is street level. If he is street level than so is KK.

mmright, yeah, Daredevil and Gladiator are in the same boat because they can both do superhuman things aswell i guess? One thing has nothing to do with the other because Cassie is specifically NOT ABLE to do what KK and to a lesser extent Ironfist can do. You're right though, IF and KK are far beyond street, and no one really denies this anymore.

My whole point was simply questioning Cassies ability to do something BEYOND what X can counter, in h2h combat, in a random encounter. What Wolverine lacks in body reading, he makes up for in heightened senses, he has enha..Ehhemm..SUPERHUMAN reflexes, MA discipline knowledge of a greater volume than Cassie IS stronger, IS more durable, has MORE stamina, has enhanced agility and is completley above X and Cassie in every physical catagory - just about - and it did him no good...before the "berserk" PIS win.

What more does Cassie bring to the table to the extreme that she does better than Wolverine?

Prep-Man
Facing off against Supergirl for one. IIRC, she also put Grace through a wall and jumped at least 7 stories of a bulding. Her stats are on par with X, IMO.

Juk3n
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Comparing Flash to Rhino is a bit much imo, lol.

OKAY, Flash isnt that much of an idiot, but he's pretty dumb and DS is a super tactical genius, so for people to read so much into that feat as to call it a speed feat is retarded. DS isn't faster than any version of the Flash, this is a fact. Daredevil cannot move at Mach 1, but he has deflected individual bullets with his club, swatting them out of the air like flies. Elektra has done the same with her sais. How is Deathstroke hitting a HUMAN sized bullet any more impressive unless Flash was travelling at his maximum(or close to ) speed. He wasn't..so the feat isn't that special in the realm of bullet timing High streets.

King Castle
to be fair Wolverine doesnt lack body reading ability he actually possesses naturally allowing him to read an individual emotion intent and impending attack. he just choices to ignore it when he feels some one is beneath him and is not a threat to him.

same when he choices not to use his high level MA skills and telegraphing nuances of his opponents or his hypersenses that warns him from air current.

if anything if wolverine were to use his full abilities at it's highest setting no claws, adamanatium or healing he would still steam roll over cass in every category of even body reading smokin'

srankmissingnin

Cass dodged Bizzaro Supergirl for a few panels and the she dove into a plot device (a plot device that barely phased her and that see seemed to enjoy), that distracted her log enough for Cass to escape.. Nightwing has beat Deathstroke on three separate occasions, and unlike his "fights" with Batgirl he hasn't been expressly stated to be holding back when he fights Dick. Flash as effortlessly blitzed Slade on the occasions he doesn't job and decided to run into DS's attacks.

The arc were Quicksilver blitzed X was the first time he was actually confirmed to be capable of light speed movement....

Prep-Man
When did Nightwing ever beat Deathstroke??

King Castle
when Nightwing smacks him around talks trash and leaves Ds dumbfounded at the audacity. angel

Juk3n
Facing off against Supergirl for one.

explain to me why a class100 kryptonian would even register Cassy Cains blows without PIS.

in the fight was super girl operating at anywhere near normal kryptonian levels, they move at lightspeed - or close to - they fly through planets, this feat isn't impressive to me because i don't care what anyone says..BLACK PANTHER CANNOT GET SURFER IN AN ARMBAR!

Her stats are on par with X, IMO.

Well then we're in agreement that she can't win, because X faced someone with SUPERIOR stats - not "on par" - but SUPERIOR and still came off looking much better.

Prep-Man
The last time they fought, Dick didn't win anything. Slade was still up.

Prep-Man
in the fight was super girl operating at anywhere near normal kryptonian levels, they move at lightspeed - or close to - they fly through planets, this feat isn't impressive to me because i don't care what anyone says..BLACK PANTHER CANNOT GET SURFER IN AN ARMBAR!

Well then we're in agreement that she can't win, because X faced someone with SUPERIOR stats - not "on par" - but SUPERIOR and still came off looking much better.

Like who?

Juk3n
The last time they fought, Dick didn't win anything. Slade was still up.

Dick shouldn't have even seen Deathstroke coming because DS can tag Flash , so that makes him..oh wait!

Like who?

The Reen.

Prep-Man
Dick shouldn't have even seen Deathstroke coming because DS can tag Flash , so that makes him..oh wait!

With prep, of course. Don't forget that.

srankmissingnin
When did Nightwing ever beat Deathstroke??

Nighting 18, Nightwing 116 (or around that number), Titans 29.

Prep-Man
Was DS ever KO'd? I know the Titians one wasn't.

srankmissingnin
Was DS ever KO'd? I know the Titians one wasn't.

No, but he was never ko'd when Cass "beat" him either, he just gets walked all over for a few pages then someone makes an exit.

Prep-Man
IIRC, they both got blows in. It was inconclusive.

King Castle
so why use DS to pad Cass if it was as inconclusive as well, worse DS actually held back

srankmissingnin
IIRC, they both got blows in. It was inconclusive.

Slade had to resort to drawing civies into the fray so he could run away.

Prep-Man
so why use DS to pad Cass if it was as inconclusive as well, worse DS actually held back

I never did. Who are you talking to?

Prep-Man
Slade had to resort to drawing civies into the fray so he could run away.

Not in all the fights. He has soundly defeated Dick as well. Actually handicapping him.

King Castle
whoever is reading my post.

srankmissingnin
Not in all the fights. He has soundly defeated Dick as well. Actually handicapping him.

He hasn't beat Dick in years, and when he did it was crappy Nightwing who in 2002 still wasn't good enough to tag Bruce once in combat unless he was given a free shot.

Prep-Man
Most of their fights are inconclusive. But Slade has looked better overall. Even Nightwing said he could easily kill him.

King Castle
he contradicted him in one of their last fights and said DS couldnt.. stick out tongue

Grayson is the Man..

Prep-Man
I agree, Grayson is da man, but I think if the fight were to prolong, DS would get the majority. Better stats and healing.

Q99
and unlike his "fights" with Batgirl he hasn't been expressly stated to be holding back when he fights Dick.

The only time he was said to be holding back was the time she was holding a sword to his face and had Ravager as backup.

First fight he didn't even know who she was and she was beating on him until he pulled a grenade, and third fight he specifically said it was pretty much impossible to hit her without getting inside her head.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99
The only time he was said to be holding back was the time she was holding a sword to his face and had Ravager as backup.

First fight he didn't even know who she was and she was beating on him until he pulled a grenade, and third fight he specifically said it was pretty much impossible to hit her without getting inside her head.

The first "fight" he had no interest in fighting her, he just wanted the disc and had a huge smirk on his face the hole time. It's pretty obvious he wasn't going all out.

He also said he couldn't beat Ravager without getting into her head... and he has effortlessly tooled her in melee exchanges... not to mention it was the same arc where Slade was stalemated by David Cain.

Q99
The first "fight" he had no interest in fighting her, he just wanted the disc and had a huge smirk on his face the hole time. It's pretty obvious he wasn't going all out.

Not the case, he had a serious look on his face right until the end, he only cracks a smile when he decides to pull the grenade.

Nope and nope. He said he was tired of slapping Ravager down when she got into his business that issue, and I don't think Slade and David Cain ever fought, but definitely not in that arc.

You're mixing things up again.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99
Not the case, he had a serious look on his face right until the end, he only cracks a smile when he decides to pull the grenade.

Nope and nope. He said he was tired of slapping Ravager down when she got into his business that issue, and I don't think Slade and David Cain ever fought, but definitely not in that arc.

You're mixing things up again.

He was smirking the whole time.

He said "You're like my daughter. The only way to beat you is by messing with your head." Who is Slade's daughter? *gasp* Ravager! *gasp* If the statement isn't true in regards to Ravager, then it isn't true in regards to Batgirl either.

Actually yes it is in the six issue Batgirl mini from 2008, issue 2. Flashback of Slade and David Cain stalemating. Read more comics.

Prep-Man
Nevertheless, Cass> Dick. Cass> X. big grin

srankmissingnin
X > Cass + Dick + Tim

-K-M-
Reported for talking dirty

Prep-Man
X wouldn't be steph level in the DCU. wink

King Castle
Cass if she were in the DC you would be DD lvl at best.

Prep-Man
Cass would school most street levelers.

srankmissingnin
Cass if she were in the DC you would be DD lvl at best.

And Mr. X did better against Nuke WITHOUT his telepathy even while fighting another opponent, than Daredevil did in a one on one fight. cool

Prep-Man
Nuke sucks. Batman would trounce on him.

srankmissingnin
Cass would school most street levelers.

Like who? Cass can barely beat Shiva (and those fights have plot elements that lean heavily in her favor) and she was stalemated by Nightwing even before his Batman skill boost. Who can she school? Robin? Sure... but that's a long list.

srankmissingnin
Nuke sucks. Batman would trounce on him.

Maybe in the dreams of an uneducated DC fanboy who has his mother hand washes his Batman underoos? evil face

Prep-Man
You read into that fight. Cass had the upperhand and his "skill boost" is hard to judge. he's still behind Batman (as stated by Morrison) and Shiva would also school most street levelers as well.

srankmissingnin
You read into that fight. Cass had the upperhand and his "skill boost" is hard to judge. he's still behind Batman (as stated by Morrison) and Shiva would also school most street levelers as well.

Where did Morrison state Bruce was more skilled? Because either Dini or Tomasi said that Dick was as skilled as Bruce in a CBR interview shortly after Battle for the Cowl.

How did she have the upper hand? No one was in a dominate position when Alfred showed up...

Who? She has never demonstrated the ability to "own" any street level of note.

Prep-Man
In a current interview before Batman Inc.

Cass got the upper hand and asked Dick if he had, "enough" or something to that. She was holding back.

She would beat the likes of DD, Batman, Bronze, etc...

srankmissingnin
She asked him if he had enough, she didn't have the upper hand...

Shiva has never demonstrated the ability to decisively beat Batman. Cass barely being able to beat Shiva, even with a plot shield, doesn't translate into her being able to defeat Batman.

She would beat Daredevil either.

Prep-Man
Batman usually gets the upperhand in pretty much everything. It's weird, because even he said Shiva was more skilled than him.

srankmissingnin
Batman usually gets the upperhand in pretty much everything. It's weird, because even he said Shiva was more skilled than him.

He said she might be more skilled the he was. Neither Shiva or Cass have demonstarted the ability to take the majority from Batman. If either of them is more skilled the edge is so slight that it doesn't close the physical gap in the their attributes. Batman would take the magority from either Shiva or Cass in h2h.

Prep-Man
Shiva is in with the likes of Richard, Bronze, Cass. I don't see Batman in their league.

srankmissingnin
Batman has stalemated Bronze Tiger (and Matches Malone has beaten him), and he hasn't fought Dragon since the Crisis.

Prep-Man
When did he stalemate Bronze? Bronze is overall more skilled than Batman in a hth dojo style fight.

srankmissingnin
The second time they fought.... confused

Bronze Tiger is probably more skilled than Bruce, but only slightly.

Prep-Man
pre-crisis? Or post?

srankmissingnin
pre-crisis? Or post?

Pre.

Prep-Man
Pre.

Batman was taking every precaution and Bronze nearly had him. The third time, Bronze knocked him for a loop, IIRC.

srankmissingnin
And he nearly had Tiger too, the fight only ended because Batman was poisoned. It was a stalemate. The third fight was the Justice League International fight? That was mostly off panel and it was a stalemate.

Prep-Man
Bruce had time to prepare for the rematch and Bronze didn't. yet, Bruce was still surprised he had the upper hand at the end. The JLA fight, Bronze gave him a good knock in the head and then Superman broke it up.

srankmissingnin
Prepare for a h2h match? What do you think he did exactly?

The knock on the head didn't do anything, it was just a single panel of a largely off panel fight.

Dum Dum Dugan
But is he fast enough to bypass hers. Their combat precog cancels each other out, just leaving pure skill in which case Cass is the better combatant
Here the problem champ they dont cancel eachother out at all............Mr.X abilities is superior in all regards and would make hers useless.

SasuOna
Just because you say its superior doesn't make it true and so far looking at Mr X feats he doesn't have anything over Cass besides strength. Its a given that shes more skilled then him.

superbatman86
Just because you say its superior doesn't make it true and so far looking at Mr X feats he doesn't have anything over Cass besides strength. Its a given that shes more skilled then him. No it is because it's actual telepathy not educated guesses.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by superbatman86
No it is because it's actual telepathy not educated guesses.
yup not to mention he does this as well.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4162/tbolts13613.th.jpg

He auto matically react to any move she makes. It be next to impossible for her to hit him. People think bat girls body reading move is good, his completely trumps it.

Q99
He was smirking the whole time.

That must be why his brow was furrowed, and he reacted with clear surprise when she started out. Look, the respect thread is right there, one forum over, it's not like I can't check.

They've fought three times, plus Cass also fought an exact imitation of him another time in JL Elite, and Slade hasn't managed a win once. Heck, he doesn't even land a hit most of the time, I think the only time he ever landed a clear blow was in the Beechen mini. One hit out of three/four fights.

Very impressive of him.

"Before?" I mean, in the Outsider's fight, we're talking like literally one week before he took the cowl tops. I don't think his skill changed that much in a week, and she seemed to have the edge.

The Beechen mini didn't have him make a single hit and got him booted in the head.

You have an overly generous view of 'stalemate'.

Heck, you have an overly generous view of pretty much every fight against Cass.

I don't even think she'd win here, but you're not doing your argument any favors by lowballing in an obvious manner.

0mega Spawn
WOW cassandra cain apparently beats everybody erm roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juk3n
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
WOW cassandra cain apparently beats everybody erm roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

No one has presented anything that Cassie brings to the table combat wise that is beyond X. Fangirls are however getting butthurt over the matter, it's ..lol worthy.

Prep-Man
Mad? Who's mad?

King Castle
Just because you say its superior doesn't make it true and so far looking at Mr X feats he doesn't have anything over Cass besides strength. Its a given that shes more skilled then him.
skill wise highly doubt it.
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2492/tb134007.jpg

bullet blocking.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/536/xfight4.jpg

widow dart catch

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8136/xfight2.jpg

enough skill to catch and block adamantium claws without cutting his fingers off in full battle

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
X vs Wolverine

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Random%20comic%20feats/page20.jpg
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Random%20comic%20feats/page21.jpg
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Random%20comic%20feats/page21.jpg

screws with taskmaster

Originally posted by Galan007
Mister X vs. Taskmaster:

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3636/mrx1.th.jpg http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4757/mrx2.th.jpg http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5678/mrx3.th.jpg

StyleTime
He makes Wolverine look like a complete assclown unless Wolverine goes berserk. Even then, X was shown overcoming the weakness to savage instincts during that little one shot.

Barring PIS filled moments, Cass doesn't have anything saying she'd get treated any differently.
Originally posted by superbatman86
No it is because it's actual telepathy not educated guesses.
thumb up

King Castle
He makes Wolverine look like a complete assclown unless Wolverine goes berserk. Even then, X was shown overcoming the weakness to savage instincts during that little one shot.

Barring PIS filled moments, Cass doesn't have anything saying she'd get treated any differently.

thumb up if you're gonna disparage wolvie, i would prefer clownshoe over @$$clown pls keep that in mind for the near future.
i would highly appreciate it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.