Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TRiNiTYfemi
PLEASE PRAY FOR NEW ZEALAND! Christchurch was hit by a 6.3 earthquake. This is the third time Christchurch has been hit by earthquakes._
Repost this to let the world know. Tune into news channels to see updates.

dadudemon
Seriously?

Dang.

Maybe that really isn't Christ's Church? If that's the third time, I'd go to a different church because God is trying to see "GTFO" or something. That, or he's REALLY testing the people of the church. Seems awful, really.

Rogue Jedi

Darth Piggott
It sucks that the Cathedral's spire collasped, they put a lot of work into it over the years

TRiNiTYfemi
@dadudemon It's a name... get over it. Was just a request. Taking things literally in this situation is bordering on rude.
I'm quite worried about what's going on around the planet, and if you make jokes in lieu of these circumstances you loose much of any respect that I may have... for any of you. Just a pre-warning.

Despite my little outburst, I'd appreciate any of you sparing a thought toward the victims of the natural disasters that are beginning to pop up everywhere. Life is about to get more interesting for us all.

dadudemon
Originally posted by TRiNiTYfemi
@dadudemon It's a name... get over it. Was just a request. Taking things literally in this situation is bordering on rude.

I'm quite worried about what's going on around the planet, and if you make jokes in lieu of these circumstances you loose much of any respect that I may have... for any of you. Just a pre-warning.

I'm a Christian and my "Christian" thoughts automatically lead me to believe that if a church building has been hit by three earthquakes in a short period of time, several things are true*:

1. It's being run by evil people and God is trying to tell them something.
2. God thinks the congregation, as a whole, is evil.
3. He REALLY doesn't want those guys there.
4. He is testing their faith, big time.

That's not jokes, that's not "taking things literally" that's reading the dang bible and knowing when to take a hint from God. If I were one of the people of that Church, I'd definitely be saying, "God, I can take a hint and I know you work in 3's: where should I go and what do you want me to do?"

How you got "jokes" from an obviously serious post, I don't know. I'm actually a little bit offended that you took genuine sympathy and twisted into something ugly.

*The practical side of me things that it is just darn coincidence that he church was built near a fault line because it seemed like a good spot for worship at the time it was built.

steverules_2
Kinda reminds me of 2012 when the Vatican (may have spelt that wrong) got destroyed

Darth Piggott
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm a Christian and my "Christian" thoughts automatically lead me to believe that if a church building has been hit by three earthquakes in a short period of time, several things are true*:

That's not jokes, that's not "taking things literally" that's reading the dang bible and knowing when to take a hint from God. If I were one of the people of that Church, I'd definitely be saying, "God, I can take a hint and I know you work in 3's: where should I go and what do you want me to do?"

How you got "jokes" from an obviously serious post, I don't know. I'm actually a little bit offended that you took genuine sympathy and twisted into something ugly.

*The practical side of me things that it is just darn coincidence that he church was built near a fault line because it seemed like a good spot for worship at the time it was built.

Christchurch is actually a large city, not just a church.

@TRiNiTYfemi Maybe it's HAARP controlling the weather?

Mairuzu
Thought you here a morman

Sadako of Girth

Now forgive me for saying so, but heres why I dont believe that.

1: An unfair, unwarrented, uniformed assumption which is far uglier than you accuse the OP poster of being when she objected, especially as for all you know they could be nice, hard working people, some of which may be dead of dying.. It reads like an interfaith spat-dig from a Mormon hinting that their non-mormon Christianity was to blame.

2: In this assumption you assume you know god well enough to make that assertion. You claim to be Christian AND Mormon, and as provable here, they are differing definitions of god:
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-r002a.html
So which versions of god are you speaking for in assumption number 2?

3: You assume that god at least is a man, so is that Smith's flesh and blood god your siding with for this one...? God hasn't sorted out the LAST bit of promised land yet.... Will he now be earthquaking the middle-east?

4: Classic silly circular argument built for logic confrontation avoidance.

Even the asterisk caveat cannot make up for the glaring conflicts in your reasoning.. I think tbh OP poster's noting of your tone was accurate.... It was facetious/flippant at best.

Ax3l
I thought Christianity was the one with the loving and forgiving god.

Sadako of Girth
Religion aside, thoughts with Christchurch tonight.
May the people and rescue workers be on form...sounds like a lot of work ahead of them...fingers crossed that the most of the damage be merely structural in nature..

Ax3l
I don't even

aaaakillamike@$
N3W Z#@L@nd is G@y

Mairuzu
No they aren't. I know this because imgay

aaaakillamike@$
1 m3@n g@y @$ 1n st()()p1d, n()t g@y @s 1n sm()k3s c()ck! Th@t$ g()()d f()r u, d1$pl@y th@t pr()udly!!!!!

Mairuzu
Oh okay. Then thats fine.

Robtard
Then of course there's the possibility that God didn't have anything to do with this and earthquakes just happen, most days if not everyday around the world. Is there a fault-line near the city?

65 people where killed from this 6.3 quake; that's pretty good considering.

aaaakillamike@$
g()D 1$ TH3 () N3 WH() C@US3D 1T, H3 ()NLY PR()T3CT$ WH1T3$, BL@CK$, AND H1$P@N1CS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!F@CT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robtard
This isn't a good sock, dude. Please think of a better shtick with a higher lol-factor.

aaaakillamike@$
L()L WH@T K1ND ()F N@M3 1S R()BT@RD, @NYW@Y mY ()P1N1ON 1$ MY ()WN

Mairuzu
Yeah its a pretty gay name. I oughtta know.

aaaakillamike@$
Y3@ Mairuzu 1$ G()()D, L()()K$ L1K3 S()M3()N3 W@$ L@$T @T TH3, S3C()ND H@ND n@M3 $T()R3. wHY D() Y()U B3L13V3 TH@T TH()UGH R()BT@RD? (L@UGh$ uNC()NTR@L1BLY)

TRiNiTYfemi
I appreciate the support. Thqnkyou all for showing some care toward the victims of the quake.

@dadudemon: I couldn't care less if you where Christian. Making statements as you have proves nothing more than your ignorance and/or complete contempt for your fellow human being. I think what you've posted is highly offensive and I'd hate to know you outside of KMC if that's what you're like all the time.

aaaakillamike@$
I appreciate the support. Thqnkyou all for showing some care toward the victims of the quake.

@dadudemon: I couldn't care less if you where Christian. Making statements as you have proves nothing more than your ignorance and/or complete contempt for your fellow human being. I think what you've posted is highly offensive and I'd hate to know you outside of KMC if that's what you're like all the time.

Y3@ WH@T $H3 $@1D!!!!!!!!!

TRiNiTYfemi
Anyone else seen this? 21 earthquakes rocked Christchurch yesterday
http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/today

Robtard
Still about 65 dead?

Yymartinvan
that is sad......silent prayer

TRiNiTYfemi
Death reports are still unconfirmed. Thousands still unaccounted for

dadudemon
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Now forgive me for saying so, but heres why I dont believe that.

1: An unfair, unwarrented, uniformed assumption which is far uglier than you accuse the OP poster of being when she objected, especially as for all you know they could be nice, hard working people, some of which may be dead of dying.. It reads like an interfaith spat-dig from a Mormon hinting that their non-mormon Christianity was to blame.

No, wrong.

1. Get off my nuts.

2. It's one of the conclusions a Christian would come to in a situation like that.

3. I don't believe it: it's only a possible "Christian" justification.

2: In this assumption you assume you know god well enough to make that assertion. You claim to be Christian AND Mormon, and as provable here, they are differing definitions of god:
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-r002a.html
So which versions of god are you speaking for in assumption number 2?

No.

"2. It's one of the conclusions a Christian would come to in a situation like that.

3. I don't believe it: it's only a possible "Christian" justification."

To your faith bashing proposition, you can kindly keep those to yourself or take them to the Relgion forum will I won't address them, either.

3: You assume that god at least is a man, so is that Smith's flesh and blood god your siding with for this one...? God hasn't sorted out the LAST bit of promised land yet.... Will he now be earthquaking the middle-east?

Dude, seriously, get off my balls. You've actually gone too far, this time.

"2. It's one of the conclusions a Christian would come to in a situation like that.

3. I don't believe it: it's only a possible "Christian" justification."

4: Classic silly circular argument built for logic confrontation avoidance.

Because it doesn't fit some anti-Christian mode of insulting, from you, you automatically hate it. Bad form considering "faith testing" is an integral part of Christianity.

Even the asterisk caveat cannot make up for the glaring conflicts in your reasoning.. I think tbh OP poster's noting of your tone was accurate.... It was facetious/flippant at best.

Yeah, the asterisk is only a supplement (And, with #4, constitute how I really feel about the topic). You can't be a Christian and ignore God's MO: He destroys things because of 4 reasons:

1. Bad spiritual leaders (people of Israel were destroyed on more than one occasion for their idolatrous beliefs and perversion of the Gospel by various "soothsayers" "witchcraft" and evil church leaders.)
2. Bad people. (Similar to above but it's the people that won't listen. Sodom and Gomorrah would be examples: good faith leaders, they just wouldn't listen.)
3. He wants the people to move. (Various hardships of the unfaithful and/or moving/relocating.)
4. He is testing their faith. (Job).

If a Christian does not believe in those 4 points above, then they do not believe that the Bible is the word of God.

You can pretend it's some sort of "inter-faith" bashing to suite your Christian bashing objectives, but it's simply not and your personal attacks against me have been noted. Additionally, that was rather immature of you.

I don't see saying that the situation is "awful" as being ignorance and contempt for my fellow man; nor do I see it as ignorance and contempt for my fellow man to want them to "GTFO" of a dangerous situation so they can live and prosper as followers of Christ's teachings.

If you fly of the handle, incorrectly, like this in real life, why WOULD I want to know someone like that?

And you can't "steal" my comment: what you've said to me, was offensive and shameful for another Christian to do.

Ax3l
What is with all the numbered statements?

1. It's extremely arrogant.

2. Doesn't help getting any sort of point across

3. You have to have more than three.

4. Refer to #3.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ax3l
What is with all the numbered statements?

1. It's extremely arrogant.

2. Doesn't help getting any sort of point across

3. You have to have more than three.

4. Refer to #3.

1. Weird because it has nothing to do with me. (Unless you're referring to the leaders, then that kind of makes sense, but it seems out of context with everything else.)

2. It should be the same as #1 and the "point" should be known to any Christian that has spent a tiny bit amount of time in Sunday School.

3. Nah, just more Christian "logic."

4. No, it's probably the most important and most likely THE reason for the quakes, from Christian "logic's" perspective.

Ax3l
I see how it is.

For the record, it was all in reference to numbered points.

The Red
1.) Numbering seems fun

2.) I'm usually too lazy though

3.) Have to have more than 3 numberings?

4.) Am I doing it right? awesome

dadudemon
Okay, I've been talked down in PMs.

TRiNiTYfemi, I apologize for my comments on mainstream Christianity.

Sadako of Girth
1. Weird because it has nothing to do with me. (Unless you're referring to the leaders, then that kind of makes sense, but it seems out of context with everything else.)

2. It should be the same as #1 and the "point" should be known to any Christian that has spent a tiny bit amount of time in Sunday School.

3. Nah, just more Christian "logic."

4. No, it's probably the most important and most likely THE reason for the quakes, from Christian "logic's" perspective.

The parenthesis around Logic in this instance are very well earned.

1. The leaders didn't made that statement though, did they? It was you who posted your post. And even of they were so silly as to say that, wouldnt a smart fellow such as yourself have the critical faculties to disagree...? And see answer 4, below.

2. Then wheres the proof that life works that way? Maybe Sunday School is wrong, then....regular science based school, certainly would indicate so.

3. You quotemarks around 'logic' in your post belies the manner of a man who doesn't really take it to be entirely logical. Yet you attempt to follow this "logic" to the bone. See answer 4 below.

4. Still doesnt make it true: And certainly not true enough to assert assertions like that whilst people have been killed. Look up Jerry Fallwell/911 on google.

The post came across as talk that made light of actual human suffering that not only happened but is still happening...
When the OP Poster objected, you tried to paint her motives as ugly.

Theres really not anything more than that, despite how you seem to have taken it in the MVF. Now lets move on.

ti83mather
dadudemon you get gayer with every post, you know god knows who u are

Paola
moving to GDF... keep it on topic

dadudemon
The parenthesis around Logic in this instance are very well earned.

1. The leaders didn't made that statement though, did they? It was you who posted your post. And even of they were so silly as to say that, wouldnt a smart fellow such as yourself have the critical faculties to disagree...? And see answer 4, below.

2. Then wheres the proof that life works that way? Maybe Sunday School is wrong, then....regular science based school, certainly would indicate so.

3. You quotemarks around 'logic' in your post belies the manner of a man who doesn't really take it to be entirely logical. Yet you attempt to follow this "logic" to the bone. See answer 4 below.

4. Still doesnt make it true: And certainly not true enough to assert assertions like that whilst people have been killed. Look up Jerry Fallwell/911 on google.

The post came across as talk that made light of actual human suffering that not only happened but is still happening...
When the OP Poster objected, you tried to paint her motives as ugly.

Theres really not anything more than that, despite how you seem to have taken it in the MVF. Now lets move on.

It's more or less my distrust for religious leaders, even in my own church, that leads me to say such cynical or paranoid things like I did on the first page. It was not jokes and was not facetiousness, more like crusty old man syndrome because I think they should move before they get crushed while worshipping (something like that happened in Okie land and several people died, but it was fire or something, and it was "warned" multiple times as a fire safety issue. I don't remember the details but I think it happened in the city called Broken Arrow in the 80s. I just think, sometimes, religious people think God will save them and people end up dying that shouldn't. I detest that.)

I apologized, of course because I did show too much grumpiness. But no one can claim that I was being insensitive to human suffering, even a little.

Sadako of Girth

skekUng
dadude, it was a lousy joke. But instead of just letting it go, you actually came up with some supposed justification for your unfunny joke that makes pretty much all christians look like idiots.

If it makes you feel any better, my first reaction to the town's name was also that it obviously didn't do it any good.

dadudemon
Originally posted by skekUng
dadude, it was a lousy joke. But instead of just letting it go, you actually came up with some supposed justification for your unfunny joke that makes pretty much all christians look like idiots.

You can't tell me what i thought or intended especailly because I've clarified exactly what I meant.

If it makes you feel any better, my first reaction to the town's name was also that it obviously didn't do it any good.

Th-thanks. erm

Yes they could/did/have.

You failed to do so because it's impossible: that was the point if that statement. You're confusing two completely different points I brought up. One was a criticism and the other was sorrow.

skekUng
You can't tell me what i thought or intended especailly because I've clarified exactly what I meant.

I'm not telling you; I'm telling everyone else.

dadudemon
I'm not telling you; I'm telling everyone else.

You addressed me by name. erm

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Robtard
This isn't a good sock, dude. Please think of a better shtick with a higher lol-factor.

Hey, at least typing like an "Azn pride" teenager requires a bit of creativity and shows devotion.

Oh, and on-topic: God hates New Zealand. (duh)

Adam_PoE
This wouldn't have happened if there were more Christians there. No Christians in Christchurch? Irony.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.