Mandarin versus Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shokosugi
who wins?

Bouboumaster
Interesting fight. I'll say Magneto

VanMae
I suppose it depends on range. The Mandarin is a lot faster than Magneto and could kill him with one punch. But if Magneto has time to get his shields up that's all she wrote.

Lord Feron
Magneto, Mags is one of those characters that in the forum always has his sheilds up. But I on't know mandarins recent ring capabilities. Anything uber?

Arena rules, they start 500 meters apart. Magneto's reactions are 15 times faster than a regular human's. He'd stomp Mandarin.

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
Arena rules, they start 500 meters apart. Magneto's reactions are 15 times faster than a regular human's. He'd stomp Mandarin.

Mandarin is probably superhuman himself.

Originally posted by Bentley
Mandarin is probably superhuman himself. never said he wasnt

Sr J-Bieb
Magneto probably tears the rings and his fingers off. Even without that, I can't see him losing.
Although all out "I kill alien dragons" Mandarin vs Magneto would be really good.

Juk3n
the rings end up where the sun shineth not

dmills
I wonder if the white light ring could phuck with mags power?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by shokosugi
who wins?

Without a special stipulation (that Mags can't affect the rings), this is spite.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Without a special stipulation (that Mags can't affect the rings), this is spite. even if he cant directly take control of them, he'll win.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by 753
even if he cant directly take control of them, he'll win.

i was under the impression Mandarin could create force fields as well

Originally posted by Sin I AM
i was under the impression Mandarin could create force fields as well I believe that is correct yes.

Sin I AM
then how would magneto be able to take control of them?...even if he could Mandarin can control them remotely so it would be a useless tactic

then how would magneto be able to take control of them?...even if he could Mandarin can control them remotely so it would be a useless tactic the magnetic force might reach through the force-field, I'm not sure if this would be the case with mandarin's. Mags is likely faster on the draw as well, so he might do it before Mandarin raises them. Even if maggs cant affect the rings, he should still win through superior raw power, finesse and tactical thinking.

VanMae
The Mandarin only has a force-field with prep. It's not standard gear. It's a separate device that he's only used on a couple of occasions.

Without prep, all he gets is the enhanced durability that comes as a side-effect of Chi-amping his strength.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
even if he cant directly take control of them, he'll win.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7830/themandy.jpg

VanMae
Originally posted by 753
Mags is likely faster on the draw as well, so he might do it before Mandarin raises them.

I'm really dubious about Magneto being faster on the draw than the Mandarin. I've seen Magneto get wounded before he could put up a force-field several times.

Not that it necessarily matters since Mandarin does not have a force-field in non-prep fights.

Originally posted by VanMae
I'm really dubious about Magneto being faster on the draw than the Mandarin. I've seen Magneto get wounded before he could put up a force-field several times.

Not that it necessarily matters since Mandarin does not have a force-field in non-prep fights. he's also easily countered speedsters like northstar and quicksilver as well. his reaction time is 15 times shorter than a baseline humans' (shown on panel) the fact hat he is ever caught mid battle outside of a force bubble is a manner of CIS/PIS.

VanMae
Well Mandarin's never encountered Northstar, but he has countered Quicksilver, and he's done it physically rather than with an AOE power.

Originally posted by VanMae
Well Mandarin's never encountered Northstar, but he has countered Quicksilver, and he's done it physically rather than with an AOE power. true, but the instances I was refering to actually show mags's power activation speed as enough to stop them dead on their tracks while they were already in motion.

leonidas
i love mandy but in general IM beats him. mags otoh has beat down all the xmen on multiple occasions. mags is a team buster, mandy isn't on that level i'm afraid. erm

-K-M-
Originally posted by 753
he's also easily countered speedsters like northstar and quicksilver as well. his reaction time is 15 times shorter than a baseline humans' (shown on panel) the fact hat he is ever caught mid battle outside of a force bubble is a manner of CIS/PIS.

The time he encountered Northstar was just silly. It was badly written as he even said QS is faster then Northstar but Northstar a second later goes escape velocity and at the time QS never even came close to half that speed

Sin I AM
Originally posted by 753
he's also easily countered speedsters like northstar and quicksilver as well. his reaction time is 15 times shorter than a baseline humans' (shown on panel) the fact hat he is ever caught mid battle outside of a force bubble is a manner of CIS/PIS.

you keep making this argument as if Mandarin is baseline human...and mags never starts fight wth his forcefield up this must be a forum stip

you keep making this argument as if Mandarin is baseline human...and mags never starts fight wth his forcefield up this must be a forum stip He isnt, based on his speed showings, I still think he is slower than mags. mags doesnt have auto-shields. so what? with pis off, raising them would be the first order of business as they are more than in-character, they are the most common use of his power and he is supposed to be a genius tactician. being caught by wolverine without them is PIS.

Black bolt z
Whats up with the magneto wank?

Mindset
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Whats up with the magneto wank? What Magneto wank?

Mandarin is being put up against a herald level character, he's gonna lose pretty hard.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Mindset
What Magneto wank?

Mandarin is being put up against a herald level character, he's gonna lose pretty hard. Mandarin goes up against herald level characters all the time?

I'm not saying he is going to win. I'm just saying people aren't giving him enough credit.

Mandarin goes up against herald level characters all the time?

I'm not saying he is going to win. I'm just saying people aren't giving him enough credit. like whom?

Mindset
Mandarin goes up against herald level characters all the time?
orly?

Sin I AM
no Mandarin is a meta level threat Black Bolt z nothing more........however depending on which incarnation of Mags this is he can squeak out some wins...he's been depicted as weakened in recent appearances imo

Black bolt z
no Mandarin is a meta level threat Black Bolt z nothing more........however depending on which incarnation of Mags this is he can squeak out some wins...he's been depicted as weakened in recent appearances imo I haven't seen anything of him recently so going by that I could be completely wrong.

Sin I AM
I haven't seen anything of him recently so going by that I could be completely wrong.

he's currently a lackey of scott's in UCX......pick up a book

Black bolt z
he's currently a lackey of scott's in UCX......pick up a book UCX?

Sin I AM
UCX?

uncanny x-men

VanMae
you keep making this argument as if Mandarin is baseline human...

He's not, he's more like Thing via Chi instead of being made of rock. Still, Magneto's blood-trick has, irrc, worked on high-end metas before. Despite his Chi-amped strength, Magneto may be able to just will him dead.

Prep-Man
Probably Magneto.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
like whom?

Originally posted by Mindset
orly?

Iron Man, duh.

As for this thread, Magneto wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.