Bruce Lee vs Jet Li

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Two actual Wushu martial arts Masters fight to the death. Use all movies . . .

Film to review both Masters with a great song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu37-fM5_Mc

Robtard
All movies?

Jet Li, easy. "The One."

The Nuul
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Two actual Wushu martial arts Masters fight to the death. Use all movies . . .

Film to review both Masters with a great song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu37-fM5_Mc

You know shit all about either one.

Bruce didnt study Wushu.

BruceSkywalker
yeah if the one is included than the man, the myth loses badly

Darth Truculent
There are many different variations of Wushu like Shao-Lin . . .

The Nuul
lol

aaaakillamike@$
bRUC3 l33 3@$Y

Utrigita
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
There are many different variations of Wushu like Shao-Lin . . .

I think Nuul's point is that currently Wushu as a term is both a general referance to various martial arts within China, (also refering to Tai Chi and the like) while it also referes to the martial art known as Wushu, which have been practiced again in China since 1949 I believe. Ofcause there is various branches of Wushu as well.

Normally Wushu is associated with the Shaolin Monks and of the above, from my knowledge, only Jet Li trained with the monks, where as Bruce didn't.

Who will win? I have absolutely no idea, I've never seen either of them fight in a full contact match (none movie related), but I think their physical level is roughly the same.

the ninjak
Bruce played himself in practically every film.

Li has superhuman characters......Close Thread!

Placidity
Originally posted by Utrigita
I think Nuul's point is that currently Wushu as a term is both a general referance to various martial arts within China, (also refering to Tai Chi and the like) while it also referes to the martial art known as Wushu, which have been practiced again in China since 1949 I believe. Ofcause there is various branches of Wushu as well.

Normally Wushu is associated with the Shaolin Monks and of the above, from my knowledge, only Jet Li trained with the monks, where as Bruce didn't.

But as you've said yourself, Wushu in itself can be an ambiguous term, so he isn't wrong at all.

Originally posted by Utrigita
Who will win? I have absolutely no idea, I've never seen either of them fight in a full contact match (none movie related), but I think their physical level is roughly the same.

I'm going to have to say Bruce Lee is easily the better physical specimen.

KingD19
Yeah, Bruce has had real life instances where people got hit by him and were like, you know what....F*** that guy and the horse he rode in on, I'm not gonna work with him if he does that again.

Like that guy he did the one inch punch on. Knocked him clean out of his chair, and he didn't go to work for a week or two because of the pain.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Placidity

But as you've said yourself, Wushu in itself can be an ambiguous term, so he isn't wrong at all.

I'm going to have to say Bruce Lee is easily the better physical specimen.

I'm sorry, the reason I responded wasn't to say whether DT was right or wrong but merely to point out to DT why Nuul made the comment he did.

Well as of that I'm uncertain, if Jet Li trained 3 years at the Shaolin Monks (that is what I've read) his physical conditions while maybe not on the same level as Bruce will be sufficiant to factor out the physical advantage Bruce would otherwise have. As I said before (I disregards movies) I've never seen the two fight IRL against opponents, so I can't comment no who will win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.