Sinestro vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
No weakness exploitation.

Sinestro wants Kallark to join his corps.

Who wins?

Fight in Qward.

The Nuul
Glads one shots Sinestro with a planet shattering punch.

carver9
Ignoring what Nuul said... glads win.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bentley
No weakness exploitation.

Sinestro wants Kallark to join his corps.

Who wins?

Fight in Qward.
Gladiator's mohawk doesn't inspire fear in anyone, just chuckles. Right away he's a poor candidate for the Corps. stick out tongue

guy222
glads

Lord_Talron
sinestros skin color and wardrobe choices dont inspire fear either

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
sinestros skin color and wardrobe choices dont inspire fear either
He looks like the son of Hitler and Satan, how is that not scary? stick out tongue

-Pr-
Sinestro. Too many advantages.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Gladiator's mohawk doesn't inspire fear in anyone, just chuckles. Right away he's a poor candidate for the Corps. stick out tongue untill he pulls a handful of his harder than steel hair out, and throws them at thousands of miles an hour like an anti-armoured support machinegun

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
untill he pulls a handful of his harder than steel hair out, and throws them at thousands of miles an hour like a anti-armoured support weapon
Then he has a bald patch which looks ridiculous, thus negating any awe/fear he might have inspired with that act

psycho gundam
but everyone is dead = no one can think jack shit

Omega Vision
but everyone is dead = no one can think jack shit
They'll see it from Heaven and laugh.

As the film 'Amadeus' proved you can never escape the laughter of douchebags, even after they're dead.

The Nuul
Originally posted by -Pr-

But Glads is stronger and faster!

psycho gundam
They'll see it from Heaven and laugh.

As the film 'Amadeus' proved you can never escape the laughter of douchebags, even after they're dead.

"Stop your snickering, a man with steel hair can wear it any way he sees fit. Get out" - GOD

god then shaves his head and puts the rest of it in a mohawk, then paints a "G" on his chest.

Bentley
After Sinestro is done with this guy he changes hairstyles...

psycho gundam
he can't, sinestro is stuck with that frankenstein's monster haircut hulk had when he was a retard.

Omega Vision
"Stop your snickering, a man with steel hair can wear it any way he sees fit. Get out" - GOD

god then shaves his head and puts the rest of it in a mohawk, then paints a "G" on his chest.
Come on, even Carver doesn't believe that.

The Nuul
Come on, even Carver doesn't believe that.

Yes he does.

psycho gundam
i win

Nihilist

carver9

What advantages does Sinestro have in a fight against Glads?

Slaanesh
Sinestro

Zack Fair
Glads.

Prep-Man
Sinestro.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
What advantages does Sinestro have in a fight against Glads?

The ring. His imagination.

It's like putting Silver Surfer against a weak Superman.

JakeTheBank
Sinestro wins this.

Awww, shit. *prepares for the backlash*

Omega Vision

You didn't just open a can of worms, you just opened a keg of worms.

Simbon

Omega Vision
Recent comics make it clear that Sinestro drinks a gallon of pimp juice every day and that Hal Jordan is the only Lantern who can defeat him in a fair fight. stick out tongue

carver9

What do you mean by this?

confused

Going by feats Gladiator>Superman.

Omega Vision

confused

Lulz.

Only if you ignore all of Superman's high showings and focus on hyperbole for Glads. Of course as a respected, consummate poster and forum intellectual we all know you'd never stoop to that level.

carver9

-Pr-

confused

The feats you've never posted? Or the ones you did post while ignoring Superman's ones?

Superman > Gladiator by a fair ways. Even the majority of this forum that hates Superman will still admit that, and that's saying something.

My point still stands.

carver9
Lulz.

Only if you ignore all of Superman's high showings and focus on hyperbole for Glads. Of course as a respected, consummate poster and forum intellectual we all know you'd never stoop to that level.

Superman doesn't have the type of feats that Gladiator has... destroying a planet with his fist... tanking solar system destroying blast... flying 100 times the speed of light... ripping though the crimson band of cyttorak just by flexing his muscle... one shotting top tiers and running through someone as powerful as masterson like Glads did.

Mindset

It's like putting Silver Surfer against a weak Superman. A weak SS vs a weak Supes is more accurate, imo.

-Pr-
Superman doesn't have the type of feats that Gladiator has... destroying a planet with his fist... tanking solar system destroying blast... flying 100 times the speed of light... ripping though the crimson band of cyttorak just by flexing his muscle... one shotting top tiers and running through someone as powerful as masterson like Glads did.

Posts like that pretty much confirm that your knowledge of Superman is lacking. Terribly.

carver9
Posts like that pretty much confirm that your knowledge of Superman is lacking. Terribly.

Its not just Superman that I think Gladiator is above...

Simbon

I've said this before, but Carver's logic (which, admittedly, he sometimes has trouble articulating) is that the nature of Gladiator's powerset allows him to ignore low-feats, therefore giving him a higher average than Superman.

Regardless, instead of getting into a superman vs gladiator debate, I think the onus is on the gladiator supporters to explain WHY they think Gladiator's confidence would be able to hold up through an encounter with a villain of this intellectual caliber.

Sr J-Bieb
tanking solar system destroying blast... Here's Superman vs a solar system destroying blast:
http://img356.imageshack.us/i/starexplodegk9.jpg/

shifty

carver9
Originally posted by Simbon
I've said this before, but Carver's logic (which, admittedly, he sometimes has trouble articulating) is that the nature of Gladiator's powerset allows him to ignore low-feats, therefore giving him a higher average than Superman.

Regardless, instead of getting into a superman vs gladiator debate, I think the onus is on the gladiator supporters to explain WHY they think Gladiator's confidence would be able to hold up through an encounter with a villain of this intellectual caliber.

Because his confidence didn't fail against Thor, Supreme, Tyrant, Vulcan, a phoenix, against Quasar and Black Bolt teamed against him, masterson, the entire xmen, Nova, the Nova Corps, an entire alien fleet teamed with super powered skrulls...etc, etc...

Gladiator have enough strength to easily bust through Sinestro force field and enough strength to tko him.

Simbon
Because his confidence didn't fail against Thor, Supreme, Tyrant, Vulcan, a phoenix, against Quasar and Black Bolt teamed against him, masterson, the entire xmen, Nova, the Nova Corps, an entire alien fleet teamed with super powered skrulls...etc, etc...

Gladiator have enough strength to easily bust through Sinestro force field and enough strength to tko him.

Gladiator has the power, but Sinestro is too adaptable, and too cunning. Glads can keep his confidence up against powerful opponents who fight in a straightforward manner (not that it helped him against Tyrant, or Thor), but Sinestro will take him down time after time. Maybe if Gladiator read a detailed biography of Sinestro and knew what to expect he could beat him, but otherwise Sinestro takes this.

Mindset
Glads wins btw.

Sinestro is no Kyle.

psycho gundam
Superman > Gladiator by a fair ways. Even the majority of this forum that hates Superman will still admit that, and that's saying something.
i hate superman and i agree he is more powerful than gladiator

carver9
Gladiator has the power, but Sinestro is too adaptable, and too cunning. Glads can keep his confidence up against powerful opponents who fight in a straightforward manner (not that it helped him against Tyrant, or Thor), but Sinestro will take him down time after time. Maybe if Gladiator read a detailed biography of Sinestro and knew what to expect he could beat him, but otherwise Sinestro takes this.

To adaptable? Him being adaptable doesn't mean that he could beat someone as powerful as Gladiator, someone that could punch clean through Sinestro constructs with planet shattering strength.

By the way, Gladss has defeated Thor by the way so I don't get what you meant by the comment regarding Thor.

How is Sinestro beating Gladiator?

-Pr-
Its not just Superman that I think Gladiator is above...

that just makes you more wrong.

and that's fine, except that's not how the forum works, so he can't argue that way.

PROVE he can take Sinestro, then.

To adaptable? Him being adaptable doesn't mean that he could beat someone as powerful as Gladiator, someone that could punch clean through Sinestro constructs with planet shattering strength.

By the way, Gladss has defeated Thor by the way so I don't get what you meant by the comment regarding Thor.

How is Sinestro beating Gladiator?

green lantern/sinestro forcefields can actually survive planets exploding... you'd know that if you read their comics.

Omega Vision
Lol, so now Gladiator is going to oneshot a shield that withstood the attacks of the Weaponer and an entire army of Thunderers no problem.

Lulz, just lulz.

-Pr-
it's like i said:

Until Gladiator gets some more serious feats under his belt, he's not beating Sinestro.

Bentley
Originally posted by Mindset
Glads wins btw.

Sinestro is no Kyle.

Sinestro beats Kyle though big grin

OneDumbG0

It's like putting Silver Surfer against a weak Superman. thumb down

Starscream M
Lol, so now Gladiator is going to oneshot a shield that withstood the attacks of the Weaponer and an entire army of Thunderers no problem.

Lulz, just lulz. I'm assuming Gladiator has full confidence?

Mindset
Sinestro beats Kyle though big grin pis

carver9

Lulz, just lulz.

Black Mary was busting through Kyle shields like it was paper. Gladiator is stronger than her so I could see him doing the exact same thing to Sinestro. Its not going to be a oneshot but a couple should suffice.

Naija boy
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
thumb down

Indeed. Faulty comparison that one is.
Gladiator wins......not because of what carver is saying tho.lol

carver9
Originally posted by Naija boy
Indeed. Faulty comparison that one is.
Gladiator wins......not because of what carver is saying tho.lol

mad

Bentley
thumb down

Why do you disaprove?

psycho gundam
sinestro is not interchangeable with the silver surfer

Bentley
sinestro is not interchangeable with the silver surfer

Gladiator is not interchangeable with Superman awesr

OneDumbG0
^ Weaker Superman is arguably interchangeable with Gladiator though awesr

Bentley
^ Weaker Superman is arguably interchangeable with Gladiator though awesr

That was the part you were objecting? I kind of wanted to know if it was the Surfer part or the Gladiator part, maybe both?

psycho gundam
surfer got defamed more

Bentley
surfer got defamed more

His powerset I assume. Sinestro is quite a formidable fighter.

OneDumbG0
That was the part you were objecting? I kind of wanted to know if it was the Surfer part or the Gladiator part, maybe both? Both.

Sinestro doesn't have Cosmic Awareness, vast energy manipulation capabilities or vast matter manipulation capabilities. Sinestro's basically a controlled but vicious, arguably more powerful, construct-only focused Quasar.

And Superman knock-off, Gladiator might be. And it's true that while Superman knock-offs are intended to be peers, they're generally poor reflections of the Big S. But among those Superman knock-offs, Gladiator's got the most quantifiable and consistent feats that actually legitimizes him being a physical peer. He's a "weaker" Superman, arguably. But when I think "weak" Superman, I think of Conner Kent.

And I'd give a "weaker" Superman the majority over Sinestro. Sinestro's no Guy Gardner. uhuh

Bentley
Of course Sinestro is not Guy Gardner, he actually wins fights 131

OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail09.jpg

psycho gundam
But when I think "weak" Superman, I think of Conner Kent.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9035/bnsuperman3013.jpg
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6384/bnsuperman3014.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9475/bnsuperman3015.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9673/bnsuperman3016.jpg

mmm

Mindset
"Touch Down!"

no expression

psycho gundam
yeah i know

i'm going to say that next time a do a reach around on a chick in a theater, just cus

Black bolt z
Sinestro due to him being a helluva lot cooler.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.