The Predator Trials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
http://www.ps3blog.net/wp-content/uploads/predator.jpg

An experienced, and highly accomplished Predator, Wolf, has been accused (by his rival peers) of fighting dishonorably, allegedly using his Plasma Canon on an unarmed human in an one on one fight because he was losing.
If these charges prove true, the Predator would not only be disgraced, but lose his future Elder status, or possibly be excluded from his clan and the community.

Due to insufficient evidence against him, the Council has put forth a list of challenges the Predator must complete, in order to prove his skills and honor once again. However, his rivals, who want to halt his increasing ascension amongst the ranks, have influenced the Elders, making the tasks exceedingly difficult. No longer will their trials be against mere humans, but against other proven and deadly predators.

Can he win back his honor and reputation?

1. Mufasa (The Lion King) on Pride Rock

Weapons and Equipment:

* Wristblades
* Dagger

2. Three Velociraptors (Jurassic Park) in Jurassic Park

* Wristblades
* Dagger
* Combistick
* AvP Armor

3. Tyrannosaurus Rex (Jurassic Park) in Jurassic Park

* Combi Stick
* Shuriken
* Arm Blades

4. King Kong on Skull Island

* Combi Stick
* Shuriken
* Arm Blades
* Cloak with time limit of 30 seconds

5. Anaconda

* Armor
* Dagger
* Wristblades (Launchable, AvP)
* Acid

6. 20 Vampires (From Dusk till Dawn) inside the Club

* Armor
* Dagger
* Whip

7. Dracula's Brides in Bat form (Van Helsing) at the Cementary

* Combi stick
* Wristblades
* Net
* Armor
* Shuriken

8. Godzilla, in the Jungle

* Falcon Scout
* Smart Disc
* Armor
* Combi Stick
* Shuriken
* Wristblades (Launchable)
* Throwing Mines (AvPR)
* Laser Net (AvPR)

9. 50 Rage-infected Men (28 Days/Weeks Later), in an abandoned City

* Armor
* 10 Combi sticks
* 10 Shurikens

10. Alien Queen, 10 Drones, in the Colosseum

- Starting Distance: 100m apart

* Armor
* Twin Plasma Cannons
* Additional Plasma Pistol
* Shuriken
* Net
* Wrist/Arm Blades
* Two Predator Hounds
* Whip
* 10 Combi Sticks

* The Predator is fully prepped on his opponents

* Kills are required.

* Not a gauntlet, Wolf can tackle these in any order.

DarkNemesis
Wow, you really are good at making thought-provoking threads. thumb up

It'll take a while before I can respond though, as some of the movies I haven't seen, and others I've completely forgotten.

Robtard
1)Wins
2)Wins
3)Probably wins
4)Loses/gets crushed
5)Likely wins
6)Wins
7)Loses, but takes 1-2 out first
8)Loses
9)Wins
10)Could win, might be overwhelmed due to Xeno speed and starting distance.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Robtard
1)Wins
2)Wins
3)Probably wins
4)Loses/gets crushed
5)Likely wins
6)Wins
7)Loses, but takes 1-2 out first
8)Loses
9)Wins
10)Could win, might be overwhelmed due to Xeno speed and starting distance.

This, except 10, I think he wins, he will have to work but I don't think him getting overwhelmed will present a problem.

Placidity
You guys don't think Wolf has a chance vs Kong or Godzilla?

I mean a Combi Stick or Smart Disc through the head should do the job right?

Utrigita
From what I've seen of Godzilla it's one seriously messed up Character, Wolf can either blow him to bit or be completely dominated.

As for King Kong, iirc the Shuriken while strong in AVP lost some of it's power in AVPR, and well I don't think it's going to incapacitate Kong in one attack, the combi stick (if we are talking about the one from P2) is entirely irrelevant imo.

Placidity
Originally posted by Utrigita

As for King Kong, iirc the Shuriken while strong in AVP lost some of it's power in AVPR, and well I don't think it's going to incapacitate Kong in one attack, the combi stick (if we are talking about the one from P2) is entirely irrelevant imo.

I actually thought the Shuriken was better in AvPR, it extended to a much larger size, and upon impact was able to pin an adult up onto a wall.

Combi Stick I believe was in AvP and AvPR too.

About vs Kong, I was thinking Wolf could impale his head with the Combi Stick.

Here are the related feats I had in mind

Combi Stick, AvP (2:28-2:54) (edit: Embed disabled)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtC9bb7WP04&feature=player_embedded

Combi Stick, AvP (Best scene in the movie btw)

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/489/15wxw93n.gif

AvPR Shuriken

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/629/avp2kill.gif

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Placidity
You guys don't think Wolf has a chance vs Kong or Godzilla?

I mean a Combi Stick or Smart Disc through the head should do the job right? yea if he wants to give them a bad splinter...

Placidity
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
yea if he wants to give them a bad splinter...

I'm sure this is bound to give Kong more than a bad splinter... maybe a headache, or death. Probably death though.

0mega Spawn
laughing king kong is bigger than that
barely even effected her

Placidity
laughing king kong is bigger than that
barely even effected her

Yea true Kong is bigger, but if Wolf manages to get one through the head it won't make a difference.

It actually did affect her, she was screaming like a b1tch for a while while Scar and his Bish came up with plans. Also, she didn't die probably due to her physiology, maybe he didn't damage a critical part of her brain. I mean she does have a pretty big head compared to her body. And Aliens usually take several shots to kill, even if the first ones hit the head IIRC.

I think Wolf can throw his spear with enough force to get it inside or even through Kong. In AvP, the Predators were able to throw it with such force it lifted full grown men off the ground and pinned them to the wall several meters back.

I can see it hurting Kong, not against Godzilla though, thats why I gave Wolf the Smart Disc in that round.

0mega Spawn
it wouldn't affect him
it would be as if a syringe was being administered

Placidity
it wouldn't affect him
it would be as if a syringe was being administered

Not really, heres a pic of his head.

http://www.dvdexchange-online.co.uk/DVD_Film_News/2005/King_Kong/KING_KONG.jpg

The Combi stick is easily around the width of his head in length.

0mega Spawn
but he not just gonna be standing there + his skull is thicker than that queens

Sadako of Girth
His only chance would be the Temples, ears or eyes.

Placidity
but he not just gonna be standing there + his skull is thicker than that queens

No he isn't just going to be standing there, and he'll probably just squish him the first chance he gets. But I'm saying Wolf has the potential to take him down.

About Alien skull vs Kong, I think if the spear can get through Xeno exoskeletons, it can definitely get through Kong's head, especially with the strength of Wolf's throw. Heck, its gone through metal doors.

ares834
He's got no chance against Godzilla. Unless he has an Oxygen Destroyer, which he doesn't, Wolf is f**ked.

Utrigita
I actually thought the Shuriken was better in AvPR, it extended to a much larger size, and upon impact was able to pin an adult up onto a wall.

Combi Stick I believe was in AvP and AvPR too.

About vs Kong, I was thinking Wolf could impale his head with the Combi Stick.

Here are the related feats I had in mind

Combi Stick, AvP (2:28-2:54) (edit: Embed disabled)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtC9bb7WP04&feature=player_embedded

Combi Stick, AvP (Best scene in the movie btw)

AvPR Shuriken

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/629/avp2kill.gif

I personally saw it as downgrading it, because 1. It could no longer be recalled 2. it could no longer effortlessly slice the opponent in half. So as I see it it's a one trick pony, and Kong is alot more durable then a human so while he might be injuried, it won't incapacitate him (Trex biting down on your arm, Thompson rounds barely going through the outer layer of his skin etc.)

Ahh my bad, didn't recall the combo stick incident from AvP with the human, I however had the impression that the only reason the only good predator in that movie managed to smash his combostick into her skull was because she had her attention focused on the girl. I don't think Wolf (while being the most kickass predator I've seen) will have a easy time getting close to kong (which imo is needed in order to obtain full use of the weapons) and throwing them against him I think will be to well... throw away your weapons.

Placidity
I personally saw it as downgrading it, because 1. It could no longer be recalled 2. it could no longer effortlessly slice the opponent in half. So as I see it it's a one trick pony, and Kong is alot more durable then a human so while he might be injuried, it won't incapacitate him (Trex biting down on your arm, Thompson rounds barely going through the outer layer of his skin etc.)

I think you just might not remember the movie well sad

In that scene, Wolf threw two Shurikens, which cleanly sliced off two Xenomorph heads before pinning the girl onto the wall. Also, in the Unrated version, the Shuriken takes half of the girl's body off. Obviously too gruesome for the rated release.

About being recalled, I guess theres not enough space for the Shuriken to 'boomerang' back, since he threw it through a narrow passage. And he probably didn't need it back anyway, he still had some Shurikens left.

Ahh my bad, didn't recall the combo stick incident from AvP with the human, I however had the impression that the only reason the only good predator in that movie managed to smash his combostick into her skull was because she had her attention focused on the girl. I don't think Wolf (while being the most kickass predator I've seen) will have a easy time getting close to kong (which imo is needed in order to obtain full use of the weapons) and throwing them against him I think will be to well... throw away your weapons.

This is true, and its the only reason why I gave Wolf 30 seconds of invisibility cloak to get close and deal out carnage. Also remember Wolf is shown to be more skilled than Scar (the Pred Man-handles Xeno's). Whether he can pull it off is what I'm interested in. But apparently people don't think Wolf can even hurt Kong... sad

As for Godzilla, I realize I should've given Wolf his plasma caster lol. But smart disc through the head still isn't out of the question.

Utrigita
I think you just might not remember the movie well sad

In that scene, Wolf threw two Shurikens, which cleanly sliced off two Xenomorph heads before pinning the girl onto the wall. Also, in the Unrated version, the Shuriken takes half of the girl's body off. Obviously too gruesome for the rated release.

About being recalled, I guess theres not enough space for the Shuriken to 'boomerang' back, since he threw it through a narrow passage. And he probably didn't need it back anyway, he still had some Shurikens left.

This is true, and its the only reason why I gave Wolf 30 seconds of invisibility cloak to get close and deal out carnage. Also remember Wolf is shown to be more skilled than Scar (the Pred Man-handles Xeno's). Whether he can pull it off is what I'm interested in. But apparently people don't think Wolf can even hurt Kong... sad

As for Godzilla, I realize I should've given Wolf his plasma caster lol. But smart disc through the head still isn't out of the question.

That is most certainly a option, I've seen AvPR once, but if I was to nitpick (which can be nice at times stick out tongue) I would point out that you presented footage of the Shuriken in action gives the impression that it didn't slice through two Aliens but rather just struck and pitted the girl against the wall, so it's your own fault evil face

Back on topic. IIRC the Shuriken in AvP was thrown and recalled effortless in a straight line, or was that the disc that was used (the facehugger scene)?

And while it's certainly a option that he didn't need it back, the impression I gained from Wolf was that he wasn't interested in leaving around evidence of what had happen, that largely included also ensuring his weapons.

Oh no, I'm absolutely sure that Wolf will damage King Kong and rather massively at that, but I just doubt it'll be sufficiant to down Kong, simply because Kong has a, imo, a rather impressive showing of durability, granted against human weapons, but enough also to validate that he isn't going to go down from having a Shuriken thrown towards his head (which I don't think will be Wolf target, I think Wolf will go for the neck when he is in a jump with cloaking on) I think Wolf's best option is to bleed Kong dry, but I just don't think Wolf will survive long enough to see kong die.

No it isn't but Godzilla is a seriously (imo) messed up character. It could do all from going straight through the head to doing nothing at all, depending on the version used.

RE: Blaxican
Predator loses at the first slightly overweight cop he goes up against. Doesn't go any further than that on this gauntlet.

Placidity
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Predator loses at the first slightly overweight cop he goes up against. Doesn't go any further than that on this gauntlet.

Blax are you on a trolling spree or what? Wolf never lost to an overweight cop if you are implying Danny Glover. This is Wolf, not the City Hunter one from P2 which everyone loves to use as evidence that Predators are noob.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.