Superman runs the Thor villains Gauntlet (see stips)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Superman runs the gauntlet with one unique stipulation:

He's allowed the Thor "2nd wind" advantage wherein when he loses, he's allowed to get up, feel refreshed and be as determined as ever to face his opponent.

The enemies:
1) Wrecking Crew
2) Ulik w/ Pounders
3) Absorbing Man and Titania
4) Savage Hulk
5) Annihilus
6) Midgard Serpent
7) Loki
8) Hela
9) Destroyer
10) Mangog

How far does he get?

No BFR (as many of his opponents might have a better chance to BFR Supes than vice versa).

carver9
Without bfr, he stops at 4... with it, he splits with annihilus.

Starscream M
Originally posted by carver9
Without bfr, he stops at 4... with it, he splits with annihilus. hulk and mangog should switch places on the list

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Starscream M
hulk and mangog should switch places on the list

Do you even know who Mangog is? O_O

carver9
Originally posted by Starscream M
hulk and mangog should switch places on the list

Naah, Mangog was treating Thor like a biatch. Mangog is in the right spot and I cannot see or find or think of a way Superman could pull a single win from him outside of bfring. Thor had to stick his hammer down mangog throat and blast him from the inside out to do any type of damage.

Sirius77
Thor did some of these with amps didnt he?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Sirius77
Thor did some of these with amps didnt he?

What's the relevance here? stick out tongue This isn't about Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If he gets past 3 or 4, he stops at 5 imo.

Originally posted by D_Dude1210
He's allowed the Thor "2nd wind" advantage wherein when he loses, he's allowed to get up, feel refreshed and be as determined as ever to face his opponent.

Poor Clark. Needs stipulations to match Thor's superior stamina.

SquallX
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

What superior stamina.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The level of stamina Superman can't match.

osalivan
top-achtung.blogspot.com

Omega Vision

Pretty sure Superman along with Doomsday once fought non-stop for a century against Gog.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Pretty sure Superman along with Doomsday once fought non-stop for a century against Gog. was that canon?

SquallX
The level of stamina Superman can't match.

You're joking right.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by SquallX
You're joking right.

I was joking but I do believe Thor can take more punishment than Superman and keep on going.

Superman is harder to bruise and such to an extent however. His an "invulnerable" character and all that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Pretty sure Superman along with Doomsday once fought non-stop for a century against Gog.

Are you talking about the Doomsday/Superman corps thing? The same arc where he was chained up and tortured?

Omega Vision
Are you talking about the Doomsday/Superman corps thing? The same arc where he was chained up and tortured?
Yeah my bad, I think I'm confusing it with the time he and Wonder Woman fought in Asgard for a millennium or something.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In that arc, IIRC, time moved differently in Asgard and it wasn't non stop or anything like that.

Fun fact: Asgard in Marvel has a Super Sun at times. It powered up Sun Spot when he ventured to Asgard.

Don Corleone
In that arc, IIRC, time moved differently in Asgard and it wasn't non stop or anything like that.

Fun fact: Asgard in Marvel has a Super Sun at times. It powered up Sun Spot when he ventured to Asgard.

Any of the God's draw power from it? Balder?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Asgardians are apparently more powerful in Asgard (Not the floating primitive castle in current Thor) so they must draw power from it to some degree unconsciously. Also, being reborn in mortal forms further weakened them IIRC.

Black bolt z
For sure stops at 5. Mabye 4.

JakeTheBank
He gets to 5-6, imo. On an extremely good day, Superman could possibly make it to Loki.

Also, does this go down in Asgard, Classic Asgard, or Marvel/DC Earth?

D_Dude1210
Neutral Battlefield.

Damborgson
Jake is right. On a very good day he can make it to Loki. For the most part though he stops at 5-6.

-Pr-

He actually has something like that already erm

that said, he gets to 6 imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Damborgson
Jake is right. On a very good day he can make it to Loki. For the most part though he stops at 5-6.

Even ignoring it's beastly power, the Midgard Serpent has the ability to stop time excluding immortals. That alone hinders his ability to get past 6.

Damborgson
Even ignoring it's beastly power, the Midgard Serpent has the ability to stop time excluding immortals. That alone hinders his ability to get past 6. I see...then Supes gets past 5 and is then stomped at 6. cool

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by -Pr-
He actually has something like that already erm

I KNOW he does. stick out tongue IMO, every single title-owning character has it. However, it's always been dependent on the writer whether or not to allow "2nd wind" with regards to the specific fights they're in.

Thing is, in a forum fight, "2nd wind" isn't allowed as ppl normally assume that once a character is down, he's down (or at least vulnerable to more attacks to KEEP him down). I used the term "Thor 2nd wind advantage" as I believe many of the fights shown here, Thor was given the 2nd-wind writer-given benefit in order to win the fights (Mangog, for example) and to make the fights more fair, Superman should be given the same.

Goku is the only character I know with an actual POWER that allows "2nd wind" amping. But he's not a comic book character and has no relevance to this thread, so I didn't use im. stick out tongue

-Pr-
I KNOW he does. stick out tongue IMO, every single title-owning character has it. However, it's always been dependent on the writer whether or not to allow "2nd wind" with regards to the specific fights they're in.

Thing is, in a forum fight, "2nd wind" isn't allowed as ppl normally assume that once a character is down, he's down (or at least vulnerable to more attacks to KEEP him down). I used the term "Thor 2nd wind advantage" as I believe many of the fights shown here, Thor was given the 2nd-wind writer-given benefit in order to win the fights (Mangog, for example) and to make the fights more fair, Superman should be given the same.

Goku is the only character I know with an actual POWER that allows "2nd wind" amping. But he's not a comic book character and has no relevance to this thread, so I didn't use im. stick out tongue

Fine. That'll do for now. sneer

OneDumbG0
^ I found that to be pretty thoughtful and quite refreshing. So kudos.

Then you said Goku wasn't a comic character. So go and kill yourself.

Placidity
Rage, please change your avatar/sig pictures. its so out of place next to your name, its strangely very annoying.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ I found that to be pretty thoughtful and quite refreshing. So kudos.

Then you said Goku wasn't a comic character. So go and kill yourself.

He's Manga. sneer

W/c is Japanese comics, I know. But I always consider those 2 different media. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.