Prank Caller Confirms: Tea Baggers/Union Busting all about Koch billionaires.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/23/scott-walker-buffalo-beast-phone-prank_n_827058.html

This has been confirmed as real by Scott Walker's office. Basically he got punked by a Daily Beast editor posing as billionaire tea party boss David Koch, one of the Koch brothers who've been controlling government policy with their billions for years and whose father co-founded the John Birch Society. Note the wonderful language about threats, not being "one of us", and baseball bats. The calls also reveals that Walker is accepting gifts such as California trips, that this is part of a bigger strategy all over the country to crush unions and workers' rights, and that there have been plans to plant agitators in the protest crowds and to withhold paychecks from democrats.

Just some facts of the WI protests-
-Walker came into office with a budget surplus and a healthy pension fund and gave it all away with half a billion dollars in tax breaks to big business, creating the economic crisis.
-Walker's Budget Repair Bill that is being protested would also privatize all state power utilities and hand them over in a no bid contract to...guess who....probably Koch Industries.

This is the evidence. It's a conspiracy but not the kind with little gray men or black helicopters. It's right in front of your face and the only way to fight it at this point is to get out in the streets and if necessary, do the syndicalist thing and have general strikes break out in every state.

inimalist
TYT has been all over this for the past week too. Cenk is even on MSNBC ranting about the Koch brothers.

Its hard to say a lot of stuff about the Tea Partiers, because I have to believe a lot of them are real, honest, blue collar americans who did start grass roots organizations. On the other hand, they totally were co-opted and used by corporate interests and the media...

Mindship
Originally posted by Darth Jello
...that this is part of a bigger strategy all over the country to crush unions and workers' rights, and that there have been plans to plant agitators in the protest crowds and to withhold paychecks from democrats.

This is the evidence. It's a conspiracy but not the kind with little gray men or black helicopters. It's right in front of your face and the only way to fight it at this point is to get out in the streets and if necessary, do the syndicalist thing and have general strikes break out in every state. This is no surprise to me. Union-busting has been a prime target on Bloomberg's agenda since he first took office.

red g jacks
is there any actual audio of both sides of the phone call? the vids on that site and the others i've found only have the audio of the words of the fake 'david koch' with no audio of walker's responses.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by red g jacks
is there any actual audio of both sides of the phone call? the vids on that site and the others i've found only have the audio of the words of the fake 'david koch' with no audio of walker's responses. Most of it is Walker talking.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
TYT has been all over this for the past week too. Cenk is even on MSNBC ranting about the Koch brothers.

Its hard to say a lot of stuff about the Tea Partiers, because I have to believe a lot of them are real, honest, blue collar americans who did start grass roots organizations. On the other hand, they totally were co-opted and used by corporate interests and the media...

Yeah, who could have imagined that a large heavily conservative movement with nothing but vague anti-government rhetoric to support it might be co-opted by various organized anti-government groups? Not me, that's who.

red g jacks
i must be missing something. on mine its only playing the words of the fake koch with long pauses of silence in between.

Darth Jello
So far my favorite response comes from Jeff Cox, the Assistant AD in Indiana. He advocates using deadly force and simply cutting down all union protesters. Don't they usually hire Pinkerton to do that?

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, who could have imagined that a large heavily conservative movement with nothing but vague anti-government rhetoric to support it might be co-opted by various organized anti-government groups? Not me, that's who. Yes, a vague anti-government movement started and organized by a propaganda news channel, two of the richest men in America who control some of the largest lobbying firms and who are linked to the John Birch Society, and a former US congressman controlling a conservative ad and organizing firm, all of whose stated goals isn't anti-government but rather to completely turn all government power and resources to the direction and benefit of big money and big business. A movement that is largely bankrolled by the same people who've been in power the last 31 years and caused all of our financial problems. That'll teach the government some fiscal responsibility. I mean if this philosophy works so well maybe we should put sexual predators in charge of APS and CPS and just have them rewrite all laws regarding assault, rape, and child exploitation.

I don't know what to tell anyone with audio problems. Works fine for me. Try a different site or boosting your gain. Walker's voice is obviously going to be quieter due to where the phone call was recorded from.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, who could have imagined that a large heavily conservative movement with nothing but vague anti-government rhetoric to support it might be co-opted by various organized anti-government groups? Not me, that's who.

see, I get that, but then you get the other side of the coin, where we totally ignore the fact that there might actually be people who believe and are passionate about these issues to go, "oh, its the corporations"

like it or not, in a democracy, these are the people we have to listen to and deal with. To sort of hand wave the entirety of the tea party as if it doesn't represent a real feeling in the american electorate is entirely anti-democratic, and might as well be GW calling everyone who opposed the war a pot smoking hippie lib'ral

Darth Jello
Originally posted by inimalist
see, I get that, but then you get the other side of the coin, where we totally ignore the fact that there might actually be people who believe and are passionate about these issues to go, "oh, its the corporations"

like it or not, in a democracy, these are the people we have to listen to and deal with. To sort of hand wave the entirety of the tea party as if it doesn't represent a real feeling in the american electorate is entirely anti-democratic, and might as well be GW calling everyone who opposed the war a pot smoking hippie lib'ral

Hey, these morons aren't some oppressed group. They've got the richest people in America paying for them and speaking for them, a cable channel and most of the radio speaking for them, and all but 96 members of congress falling over each other to get in line and lick their asses not to mention that inconvenient fact that some of what they are saying isn't protected speech.

You also have to look at that whole balancing act of liberty vs. movements and philosophies that have human suffering at their core. It's why, for example, virtually every other supposed free country on the planet responds to marches and demonstrations by fascist and hate groups by quietly surrounding them and then having police beat the living **** out of them in public and no one cares. It's why they ban American media personalities from entering their countries.

inimalist
see, that is nearly verbatim what I mean

if they are corporate shills, racists and fascists, they can't be a legitimate group of people trying to actually make the change they want to see

Darth Jello
Is it such a contradiction to be a fan of both the first amendment and the Iron Front?

inimalist
no, I just think it is silly to dismiss what is actually a grass roots movement because others are taking advantage of its members.

the biggest problem I see with the tea party is that they are slanting what is mainstream republican opinion. The majority of republicans are not in line with tea party ideology, but because of the media attention the group gets, real republicans get no representation. not that they represent a group that we need to form vigilante groups to stop. I see almost no difference between that and people like Shawna Forde

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.