The Borg Cube versus a Yautja Star Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Imagine it: An Imperial class Star Destroyer occupied entirely by Yautja. No Star Wars personnel at all, just Yautja.

The Destroyer encounters a Borg Cube.

The Borg deliver their famous opening spiel.

The Borg begin to teleport drones onto the Destroyer to begin assimilation.

The Yautjas have all of their Predator weapons, as do the Borg.

Can the Predators kill off the parasitic Borg or do the Yautja become assimilated?

ti83mather

Sadako of Girth
Borg take this, I think, at 1st glance.
Cant see the predator overcoming their defenses/weaponry...
Their individual beaming ability disrupting the Pred's stalking ability etc.... Interesting.. I'll give it more thought.

ti83mather

Impediment
Forget all of the Yautja beam weapons. What about the spears, claws, flying discsus, and razor nets?

Sadako of Girth
Yeah I could see them doing some damage alright, I think the Borg might swarm and pwn though... Borg vary in what bits of 'em are organic too... Finding vital parts in time in every Borg might be unreliable under pressure from the Yautjas if they swarm...

I'll have to look into how many crew per ship too...might have a bearing.....

The Borg predator hybrid would be something to shit yourself at seeing too, I bet.

BruceSkywalker
the borg will lose some, but in the end the yautja will become part of the collective..

come to think about it can someone photoshop a yautja as a borg??

Impediment
What about the sheer size and mass of the Yautja opposed to the much smaller Borg? The drones do have beam weaponry, but I think that melee attacks are favorable to the Preds.

Also, can the Borg see the cloaked Preds?

Sadako of Girth
Well thats an intersting question, I think the Borg have a big advantage of humans in their scanning that might be problematic for the Yautja posse.

Likewise, the lack of physical mobility/speed of Borg drones might be to the Predator's advantage...

jaden101
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

I'll have to look into how many crew per ship too...might have a bearing.....

The Borg predator hybrid would be something to shit yourself at seeing too, I bet.

An imperial SD is described as having "at least" 37,000...A Borg cube has "up to around" 130,000

I suppose that's reflected in their relative size...A ISD is 1600m long...A Borg cube is over 3000m in all dimensions.

Impediment
How many personnel can occupy an Imperial class SD?

Ditto for Borg.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
What about the sheer size and mass of the Yautja opposed to the much smaller Borg? The drones do have beam weaponry, but I think that melee attacks are favorable to the Preds.

Also, can the Borg see the cloaked Preds?

oh thats in favor of the Preds, but once the Borg start to adapt to yautja weaponry, it will go h2h with the yautja taking a vast majority until they start to become assimilated..

i believe the borg can see cloaked vessels, but i have to research it first, so don't hold me to it

Impediment
Nevermind. Jaden beat me to the punch.

Impediment
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
oh thats in favor of the Preds, but once the Borg start to adapt to yautja weaponry, it will go h2h with the yautja taking a vast majority until they start to become assimilated..

i believe the borg can see cloaked vessels, but i have to research it first, so don't hold me to it

What about melee use of hand claws, telescopic spears, throwing discs, and razor nets?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
What about melee use of hand claws, telescopic spears, throwing discs, and razor nets?

the borg will lose for the most part, but just until they assimilate a yautja

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by jaden101
An imperial SD is described as having "at least" 37,000...A Borg cube has "up to around" 130,000

I suppose that's reflected in their relative size...A ISD is 1600m long...A Borg cube is over 3000m in all dimensions.

Nice one. Cheers. smile

Well that sounds like shit street for the Preds numbers wise w/beaming too.

Impediment
Hmmm......

What if the Destroyer was a larger class like, say, Executor?

Sadako of Girth
Well, on paper, The Predators probably out last the Borg a quarter-of-a-million to 130,000...

But when the collective assimilate, the chances for Predator victory start to exponentially flush themselves down the toilet.

Robtard
The Borg left-eye implant is capable of "seeing" in various spectrums, but even if the Predator cloak is beyond its capabilities, the Borg can scan for lifeforms, something that is common when they're about to assimilate a ship/crew.

Borg also don't have to have a Drone manually inject nanites into another being, though it seems the preferred method. They can beam them on board and inject them upon reassembly. Far more efficient.

IMO, only way the Predators win this if they're capable of blasting the cube to complete shit from a distance. Once the Borg start beaming in and injecting nanitites into Yautja and the ships systems, it's just a matter of time. That or PIS steps in.

Though I can see the remaining Yautja all activating their nukes at the same time and robbing the Borg of a victory.

Darth Martin
Not really getting the favoring of the Borg here. One the Yautja energy weapons become useless the advantage tips further into the Yautja's hands. They are far more mobile, stealthy, clever, better equipped, and likely near as strong as the cyborgs.

Once a Yautja is assimilated the Borg will have inside perspective but it's not like they'll acquire the speed of a Predator. They'll still be slow.

Humans are one thing. Predators are something else. When the Borg encounter humans they're phasers are adapted unto proving them ultimately useless eventually. The humans then proceed to either run or engage the said enemy in H2H combat(something they're not prepared for as Starfleet has few warriors and they simply aren't physically up to the task). The Yautja thrive in H2H combat, are much superior physically to humans, aren't afraid like humans, and are packed with edged weaponry on them.

I'm sorry but besides the Borg outnumbering them by sheer numbers I just don't see how they are defeating the Yautja here. Xenomorphs are FAR more dangerous than the technologically impressive but ultimately slow Borg drones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.