Top 10 Most Livable Cities In The World

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Most recent ranking came out, with Vancouver chosen No.1 & the top ten being dominated by Canada & Australia.

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Vancouver+remains+world+most+livable+city+survey/4319833/story.html?tab=PHOT

I'm happy my current city - Toronto - comes in at No. 4.

The Dark Cloud
Canada is too cold in the winter

Bicnarok

The Dark Cloud

ADarksideJedi
Interesting I am glad however that I live in the country and not the city.

roughrider
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud

It makes us appreciate warm weather all the more. We don't take it for granted.
And it depends on the region. The further north you get it does get colder, but places in Minnesota & Wisconsin are further north than where Toronto is on the latitude. And we have really hot summers to go with mild springs and bracing autumns.
Besides, Vancouver & Vancouver Island has the mildest climate in the country, thanks to the Rocky Mountains. You want to avoid the worst of winter in Canada, you live there.

Mindset
I'd move there, but it's in Canada. sad

inimalist

= real men

-Pr-
Calgary #5... Nice.

Also, buy a coat if the cold bothers you. Seriously.

The Dark Cloud
I grew up where it was cold and snowed in the winter. I don't miss it one bit. I can't wait to retire in San Diego which has the best weather on earth.

inimalist
there is a song by the Band that talks about having "winter in the bones"

If I didn't have snow for a couple of years it would feel really weird. I don't hate it more than humidity

RE: Blaxican
I live in San Francisco, where the weather's always awesome. The only natural disasters we have to really worry about is gays.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I live in San Francisco, where the weather's always awesome. The only natural disasters we have to really worry about is gays. And the perma-smug.

roughrider
I live in San Francisco, where the weather's always awesome. The only natural disasters we have to really worry about is gays.

I'd love to see San Francisco.

Why is Pittsburgh the highest ranked American city, at No. 29?

The Nuul
Vancouver is where I want to retire, I have to end there.

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Calgary #5... Nice.

Also, buy a coat if the cold bothers you. Seriously. I get plenty of snow now, which is why I want to move somewhere I wont.
Originally posted by roughrider
I'd love to see San Francisco.

Why is Pittsburgh the highest ranked American city, at No. 29? Because these rankings are always biased and inaccurate.

Bicnarok

Actually a lot of countries in the list are too cold. And the Australian ones have loads of nasty creatures running about that can kill you.

Darth Piggott

You know San Francisco may have a winter storm that floods the whole bay, but then again scientist are always talking about disasters that are only theoretical.

I would love to live in a little town outside of Los Angeles, because San Freancisco has cold water at the beach

AsbestosFlaygon
The author is obviously Canadian.

kilasplice43897
shitland newyork

The Nuul
The one thing that bugs me about Vancouver being the most livable city is that its the most expensive city in Canada. So how is it again that its the most livable city?

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset

Because these rankings are always biased and inaccurate.

majid86
Vancouver has always been my favourite Canadian city so im pleased to hear this. Ive been there many times to visit my extended family.
Im thinking of moving there in permenently in the future and the cold weather never bothered me at all.

A much better city than Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary or Ottawa.
Cant say about Montreal or Quebec City because i havent been there mainly because i find people who speak French very annoying.

roughrider
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
The author is obviously Canadian.

They are just reporting the survey. It is not a Canadian survey.

tonyboss
Australia and Canada both are very nice cities to living. Cool and Balanced weather and great places for living.
Much comfortable cities for all type so age. Personally I like Australian is best.

MildPossession
British cities are far down the list, but at least I live near the best British city. smile

The Nuul
Kent? WOOT!

MildPossession
No...

The Nuul
Oh, its still the best.

MildPossession
Well if Kent was a city...

Mindship
I didn't think New York City would be anywhere near the top 10, but no city from the US made the top 10.

cool

srankmissingnin
Most recent ranking came out, with Vancouver chosen No.1 & the top ten being dominated by Canada & Australia.

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Vancouver+remains+world+most+livable+city+survey/4319833/story.html?tab=PHOT

Hurray for Toronto being number 4! Take that Montreal! cool

The Nuul
Originally posted by MildPossession
Well if Kent was a city...

Sorry, right, you didnt say town. My bad.

Deadline

I hear Australia is as racist as ****. Apparently they call Greeks wogs (of course this may not be true but I was a little concerned), what the **** they gonna do to me?

Tha C-Master
Nothing, you are the man.Originally posted by -Pr-
Calgary #5... Nice.

Also, buy a coat if the cold bothers you. Seriously. I live in GA I have to say I can tolerate either, but I prefer warm weather. You could say if it is too warm get a t-shirt. I like GA weather, although it can be bipolar at times.

Deja~vu
I read in the paper that Detroit topped the 100 angriest cities in the US. Ooo aren't we special.

The Nuul
At least the movies had Robo...

Mindship
In addition to still being the biggest and most expensive city in the US, Nu Yawk City is rapidly catching up with, and will soon surpass, LA as the most traffic-choked city.

Vee are de Ah-nuld of American cihties.

RE: Blaxican
I could have sworn San Francisco was the most expensive city to live in. I guess not, though. I think we might just have the most expensive gas.

Lord Lucien
I could have sworn San Francisco was the most expensive city to live in. I guess not, though. I think we might just have the most expensive gas. Which is strange, considering most of you drive hybrids.

acomplicatedgir
if i get to retire
i wanna move to Indonesia, Jakarta
I've been there a lot of times
it's beautiful there and the peeps are nice too

stephenpolicia
I agree Vancouver is best of them all.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Deadline
I hear Australia is as racist as ****. Apparently they call Greeks wogs (of course this may not be true but I was a little concerned), what the **** they gonna do to me?

Actually the term "wog" is used by Greeks, Italians themselves quite alot in jest. Everybody else shuns the term. Greeks and Aussies get along really well here.

The reason why so many perceive Australia as rascist actually quite irritates me considering Sydney is the most Multicultural city in the world.

Guess it says more about humanities nature than Australians.

The recent Cronulla riots were 99% rednecks responding to the Lebanese rape gangs that were nightly attacking girls. People were fed up. The riots were wrong and stupid. But nothing compared to the attacks on those poor girls.

Sydney is a boring and over expensive city and overpopulated. And if it rates as no 5 in the world then the rest of the planet must suck BIGTIME!

roughrider
Originally posted by the ninjak
Actually the term "wog" is used by Greeks, Italians themselves quite alot in jest. Everybody else shuns the term. Greeks and Aussies get along really well here.

The reason why so many perceive Australia as rascist actually quite irritates me considering Sydney is the most Multicultural city in the world.

Guess it says more about humanities nature than Australians.

The recent Cronulla riots were 99% rednecks responding to the Lebanese rape gangs that were nightly attacking girls. People were fed up. The riots were wrong and stupid. But nothing compared to the attacks on those poor girls.

Sydney is a boring and over expensive city and overpopulated. And if it rates as no 5 in the world then the rest of the planet must suck BIGTIME!

I loved Sydney when I was there - the harbour, Bondi, Manly, the nightlife & the women. Melbourne seemed more sedate by comparison - more old world European than Sydney's Mediterranean flavour. I would definitely live in Sydney - but it was an expensive place.

And I thought all Aussies agreed on Canberra as the most boring place on the continent. wink

So the rankings measure a lot of factors to describe 'best place to live.' But is that the same as happiness? This survey of US cities alone tells a different tale of where the happiest workers live:

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/112015/happiest-us-cities-to-work?mod=career-worklife_balance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.