The growing wealth gap in America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Dark Cloud
And boy is it ugly

Lord Lucien
I wasn't aware there was one.

Robtard
^
What are you, some sort of commie-propagator.

There's always been the few 'who have the most' and the many 'who have little', ever since Marduk of the Hill People took Pothwa of the Grassland Hunter's hunting grounds and women, so why disturb the natural order?

ADarksideJedi
Me either I thought it would be down instead of up

Darth Jello
Indian School of Economics. If wealth disparity is too big and/or if upper income tax bracket is less than 50%, economic instability followed by depression will occur. The top 1-1.5% made huuuuuge cash during the "recession" and continues to make record profits despite state budget crises, stagnant job growth, and real unemployment creeping to great depression levels. It's also arguable that the rich haven't had this much influence on politics in over 130 years. That's the problem.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Indian School of Economics. If wealth disparity is too big and/or if upper income tax bracket is less than 50%, economic instability followed by depression will occur. The top 1-1.5% made huuuuuge cash during the "recession" and continues to make record profits despite state budget crises, stagnant job growth, and real unemployment creeping to great depression levels. It's also arguable that the rich haven't had this much influence on politics in over 130 years. That's the problem.

Austrian School of Economics: Shut up!

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Jello
It's also arguable that the rich haven't had this much influence on politics in over 130 years. That's the problem.

The Rothchilds disagree.

Mindship
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
And boy is it ugly This is news?
Look at the bright side: we're not serfs living in feudal times.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mindship
This is news?

I just cut your arm off but don't worry, I could have cut your head off.

Mindship
It's just a flesh wound.

The Dark Cloud
This is news?

Not really news but as the article points out it's worse than most people thought...and it's only going to get worse, twenty years from now the middle class will only be a distant memory.

Mindset
It's just a flesh wound. http://img.listal.com/image/521736/600full-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-screenshot.jpg

Mindship
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Not really news but as the article points out it's worse than most people thought...and it's only going to get worse, twenty years from now the middle class will only be a distant memory. This is why World Economic Revolution is coming in 2034...another reason why 2050 won't be recognizable.

Originally posted by Mindset
http://img.listal.com/image/521736/600full-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-screenshot.jpg See? Not so bad. He still has his head.

Deja~vu
This is news?
Look at the bright side: we're not serfs living in feudal times. Yet.

I guess we have something to look forward too.

dadudemon
It's just as "bad" as I thought it was.

Darth Jello
It's why I think we need aggressive and radical action and reform now to prevent greater suffering later.

Symmetric Chaos
This is why World Economic Revolution is coming in 2034...another reason why 2050 won't be recognizable.

Well an American one. EU countries don't have nearly the income gap that America does, even China is already trying to fight the trend in that area.

But as we all know if you tell businessmen they can only make billions of dollars a year once the median standard of living rises they'll just leave the country. Which is why no wealthy people live anywhere in Europe. Not a single one. In fact no economy exists in EU nations whatsoever.

Lord Lucien
It's true, Europe's essentially a desolate hellhole of war and famine.

Deja~vu
Where are all the rich people?? Where are they?? I want to go where they are.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Where are all the rich people?? Where are they?? I want to go where they are. Lichtenstein. Europe's only safe haven now.

Omega Vision
^Switzerland too. Though a lot of their rich people are imports.

Mindship
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well an American one. I'll settle for that.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But as we all know if you tell businessmen they can only make billions of dollars a year once the median standard of living rises they'll just leave the country. Which is why no wealthy people live anywhere in Europe. I bet they come to NY. NY loves it millionaires and billionaires so much it's gotten dependent on them for its livelihood. If I understand correctly, Wall Street was not punished as fervently as it "should have been," for its part in the recession, for fear of companies packing up and leaving, taking all that tax revenue with them.

It's as if, just as humans long ago began shaping the natural environment to their benefit, but to the detriment of other species along the way, so it might seem that the "financial elite" are thus shaping the financial environment.

Omega Vision
I'll settle for that.

I bet they come to NY. NY loves it millionaires and billionaires so much it's gotten dependent on them for its livelihood. If I understand correctly, Wall Street was not punished as fervently as it "should have been," for its part in the recession, for fear of companies packing up and leaving, taking all that tax revenue with them.

It's as if, just as humans long ago began shaping the natural environment to their benefit, but to the detriment of other species along the way, so it might seem that the "financial elite" are thus shaping the financial environment.
Clearly an Avatar-esque uprising is in order, only economic rather than ecological.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.