Superboy Prime vs. Amazo the android

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

passive reader
First fight regular Prime vs. Amazo

Second fight, Gaurdian Prime vs. Super Amazo with all the League's Powers.

Amazo cannot copy prime's powers in any fight.

The Nuul
Wonder Woman solos.

Sirius77
Amazo in both imo.

Valtot
prime in both amazo cant copy his powers for some reason in comics

Placidity
Originally posted by Valtot
prime in both amazo cant copy his powers for some reason in comics

http://i51.tinypic.com/10o3fkp.jpg

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by passive reader
First fight regular Prime vs. Amazo

Second fight, Gaurdian Prime vs. Super Amazo with all the League's Powers.

Amazo cannot copy prime's powers in any fight.

Not too sure on the first fight. If I was betting I would put money on the android.

Second fight it's not even close. Super amazo captures or kills him. This Super Amazo had all at onetime.

Flashes
WW
Firestorm
Speedy
Red Tornado
Green Lantern
Zatanna
Batman (throwing the bat-a-rangs)
Superman

He even realized FS was sharing a body

No version of SBP is going to beat him. The League was lucky they thought to send him to a red giant star!!!

Uriel005
Generally I don't believe Amazo should be able to copy magic abilities as it's not in the design but comics allow it so I have to concede it. Also Zantanna powers w/ Flash speed to talk backwards combined with Batman intelligence. even through indirect attacks SBP would be screwed. First fight I'd give prime though if Amazo can't copy.

TricksterPriest
I don't think Amazo wins period. Prime breaks the normal rules.

Hype: Dude, consider what SBP did in Sin Corp war, IC, and FC: L3W. The kid is a monster.

Uriel005
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I don't think Amazo wins period. Prime breaks the normal rules.

Hype: Dude, consider what SBP did in Sin Corp war, IC, and FC: L3W. The kid is a monster. I don't disagree I just think that Amazo has more abusable powers.

TricksterPriest
I don't see Amazo going through AM with no damage. Or tanking the guardian blast. Let's not get into Superman Prime's feats. Besides, Prime's punches warp reality. He oneshotted Time Trapper. peaches

Uriel005
I don't see Amazo going through AM with no damage. Or tanking the guardian blast. Let's not get into Superman Prime's feats. Besides, Prime's punches warp reality. He oneshotted Time Trapper. peaches that's technically a self-KO

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Uriel005
that's technically a self-KO durlaugh I literally cannot argue with this. Touche. thumb up But will you at least agree it's probably beyond Amazo's power to KO TT?

Galan007
assuming this is a 'decent' version of amazo, he dominates.

Sirius77
Wait. Didn't see the stips.

Amazo can't copy Prime's powers, so Prime wins in all imo.

Galan007
^ ah i didn't read the stips either.

amazo loses the first battle. wins the second.

Sirius77
^
Is this the amazo that fought the entire league in the second scenario, the most recent version?

Galan007
either that, or amazo from JLA #27. unfortunately we'll never know, as the thread starter is banned.

carver9
Amazo wins the second fight in a stomp. Prime would be getting attacked and wouldn't even see or realize what is going on until he passes out from being hit by a 1000 JLA attacks in less than a second.

quanchi112
Prime wins.

Placidity
I have a question about Amazo's abilities.

When he gets the power of the league, do the same powers accumulate?

For example, he gets the combined strength of Superman, WW, FS, etc etc right?

Radarock1971
Superboy prime stomps amazo in both do you not realize he has the strength to move a planet while amazo has regular superman strength hes gonna kill amazo

TricksterPriest
Yep, they stack, and in some cases multiply. However.........Prime can do things Amazo can't. The phantom zone for example. Or the retcon punch.

And Guardian Prime? The one who was busting the source wall, ramrodding Monitors, bitching Annataz, going toes with Monarch? Yeah, I can see Amazo doing well. But if Prime starts warping reality with his punches? no

Radarock1971
Supboy prime gas the strength to move planets and punch out of tbe phantom zone and killed alot of teen titans green lanterns and other heros while amazo only has basic justice league powers amazo is going down

Uriel005
Second fight Amazo is taking it... Flash Speed + Zantanna backwards magic. He says this "der nus smrof dnuora repuS yoB emirP." He has now effectively cut off SBP's powers. Prime is now helpless to fight back w/out superspeed as Amazo lays on a crap ton of powers on him while he's helpless.

TricksterPriest
SBP was more powerful than another version of Zatanna.......:/

Galan007
prime cannot alter reality unless he has a physical manifestation of it to strike. put a more powerful version of amazo in that type of specialized setting and he could do the same.

PillarofOsiris
@ passive reader: This is a really good thread question. I had to think about this one for a while, but I think I've come to the conclusion that Prime will win based on his HIGHEST showings.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Galan007
prime cannot alter reality unless he has a physical manifestation of it to strike. put a more powerful version of amazo in that type of specialized setting and he could do the same.

Retcon punching the phantom zone, or how about Time trapper?

Sirius77
In the second scenario, I don't really see Amazo taking it. If GA Prime was able to take on Monarch (who is stronger than about 50 captain atoms, three supermen, and a couple lanterns basically all put together), with a fading amp, then I don't see Amazodoing much to him unless Prime lets him. If this is Amazo with the worlogog, then that's another story.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Sirius77
In the second scenario, I don't really see Amazo taking it. If GA Prime was able to take on Monarch (who is stronger than about 50 captain atoms, three supermen, and a couple lanterns basically all put together), with a fading amp, then I don't see Amazodoing much to him unless Prime lets him. If this is Amazo with the worlogog, then that's another story. It's the red sun abuse combined with zantanna magic and flash speed. It becomes a game of keepaway until red sun drains Prime is all I'm saying. If Amazo derps like he usually does and tries to engage hand to hand he loses for sure. But if he plays it smart and keeps away from prime and does a spell that indirectly effects Prime by converting all yellow sunlight in red then Prime is screwed.

Bentley
Prime stomps.

Galan007
It's the red sun abuse combined with zantanna magic and flash speed. It becomes a game of keepaway until red sun drains Prime is all I'm saying. If Amazo derps like he usually does and tries to engage hand to hand he loses for sure. But if he plays it smart and keeps away from prime and does a spell that indirectly effects Prime by converting all yellow sunlight in red then Prime is screwed. exactly. red sun blasts + flash-esque speed + telepathy + TP etc etc.

Sirius77
@ Uriel and Galan, I can agree with that, but the only question is how long would the weakness exploitation take with the guardian amp?

Galan007
impossible to say.

but consider that amazo possesses flash's speed. in a PIS-free environment, he'd be able to blitz prime with red sun blasts. that, used in conjunction with TP and intangibility, would render prime (however powerful he may be) unable to cause any significant damage.

Parmaniac
Amazo the android wins

Amazo the Pokemon trainer would loose though.

Sirius77
impossible to say.

but consider that amazo possesses flash's speed. in a PIS-free environment, he'd be able to blitz prime with red sun blasts. that, used in conjunction with TP and intangibility, would render prime (however powerful he may be) unable to cause any significant damage.

Hmm, good point. I can agree with that, in the second scenario, I can see super amazo winning.

TricksterPriest
Prime fended off a flash blitz. He's blitzed the league and LOSH. Hell, he got to Oa in two panels or so. I don't think Amazo can blitz him that easily.

Galan007
Flash can, and has, blitzed Prime.

Omega Vision
Flash can, and has, blitzed Prime.
He doesn't like Speedsters. stick out tongue

Sirius77
Well if we're talking about Flashes, Prime has always shown superior combat speed to an unamped flash in many scenarios. Without the amp. The only reason I give amazo wins in this situation is because of zatanna's abilities coupled with Flash's speed. I think at best it would be a split. Otherwise I would give Prime a majority. With or without the amp.

Galan007
Z's magic won't help Amazo. Red sun blasts + Flash's speed + intangibility are what'd primarily help give him the win.

Uriel005
Z's magic won't help Amazo. Red sun blasts + Flash's speed + intangibility are what'd primarily help give him the win. Z's magic can make it so all yellow sunlight around Prime is red.

Sirius77
Z's magic won't help Amazo. Red sun blasts + Flash's speed + intangibility are what'd primarily help give him the win.

Which power other than Zatanna's gives him that ability? Who's powers does Super Amazo possess?

Galan007
Z's magic can make it so all yellow sunlight around Prime is red. Good point.

Which power other than Zatanna's gives him that ability? Firestorm's.

TricksterPriest
I'm not sure who he's got in the first match, maybe just the big 7. Threadstarter was banhammered. durlaugh As for the 2nd, it said all of the league's powers. So......read through the complete rosters. There's your answer.

Sirius77
Damn... the entire league? All of them? Then I retract my statement, if this is the case, Amazo doesn't just win, he stomps tbh.

TricksterPriest
I'm willing to argue the first scenario. The 2nd is another story.

Galan: Yeah, I just connected the dots on what he can do when you kept insisting on red sun energy. I couldn't think of someone on the big 7 who can do that, except for a GL. Then you said Firestorm and it clicked. We're talking about an Amazo with the collective roster of all JLA incarnations as his power.

Galan007
I'm willing to argue the first scenario. The 2nd is another story.

Galan: Yeah, I just connected the dots on what he can do when you kept insisting on red sun energy. I couldn't think of someone on the big 7 who can do that, except for a GL. Then you said Firestorm and it clicked. We're talking about an Amazo with the collective roster of all JLA incarnations as his power. Meh, even if Amazo from JLA #22-23is being used, he'd still win. He certainly doesn't need ALL the League's powers to win.

Sirius77
He would require Zatanna's in order to ensure a victory. Weakness exploitation on an energy manipulator like fs level wouldnt cut it imo. It's been tried by sunboy and others and didnt seem to slow him down. Amazo with Zatanna's abilities would probably need to conjure a red sun or something like that just off the top of my head. Then Amazo would win.

Galan007
He would require Zatanna's in order to ensure a victory. Weakness exploitation on an energy manipulator like fs level wouldnt cut it imo. It's been tried by sunboy and others and didnt seem to slow him down. Amazo with Zatanna's abilities would probably need to conjure a red sun or something like that just off the top of my head. Then Amazo would win. You underestimate Firestorm. A single red sun radiation blast Amazo conjured upon utilizing Firestorm's abilities, took Superman out for almost the entire comic:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8148/amazo1.th.jpg

Prime is no more resistant to red sun than Superman is.

Sirius77
I'm not underestimating Firestorm, I'm just basing Prime's resistance off of his past showings. Based upon what we've seen, the only thing that has actually weakened him to the point of powerlessness is being flown through a red sun. He's been exposed to and fired upon by red star and sunboy both covered in red solar radiation and blasted by both. In the first scenario he was already solar starved. All I've seen him say is something like "It burns!" or something similar, but it never actually halted his attacks sufficiently. That's the only reason why I'm saying that Amazo needs Zatanna's abilities in order to defeat Prime for a healthy majority for absolute certain. Other than that, I'm basically agreeing with you.

Galan007
^ I understand, but my point is that a single red sun blast from Amazo completely incapacitated Superman -- and there in no proof that Prime is any more resistant to red sun radiation than Superman. In fact, based on IC #7, they have roughly the same resistance in that area (as both were depowered upon flying through the sun.)

Regardless, even if you do think Prime can tank red sun radiation better than Supes, what's stopping Amazo from using his Flash-esque speed to hit Prime with numerous red sun blasts in a fraction of a second?

Mindset
Does Amazo use the speedforce?

psycho gundam
Good point. no expression

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
Does Amazo use the speedforce? Don't know. It's just one of those "*poof* now I have Flash's speed" type of things...

Originally posted by psycho gundam
no expression ?

Sirius77
^ I understand, but my point is that a single red sun blast from Amazo completely incapacitated Superman -- and there in no proof that Prime is any more resistant to red sun radiation than Superman. In fact, based on IC #7, they have roughly the same resistance in that area (as both were depowered upon flying through the sun.)

Regardless, even if you do think Prime can tank red sun radiation better than Supes, what's stopping Amazo from using his Flash-esque speed to hit Prime with numerous red sun blasts in a fraction of a second?

Yeah I see what you're saying, I saw that they were equally affected, but the IC thing kind of confused me. Didn't it seem like after that he'd just be like "Oh no! My weakness!" and then keep fighting anyway lol? I just think that Prime is kind of a funny character in that he reacts like a kid that's scraped his knee. He's okay but he still screams and cries like it's the end of the world lol. Who knows. Maybe Prime's physical stats are higher so they remain longer? It's conjecture on my part admittedly, but it's my best explanation for his showings against red sun radiation.

Hmm. Good point. That would be somewhat of a hax combo for almost anyone come to think of it.There should be more threads with him in them imo.

Sirius77
no expression

Transmutation of yellow sunlight into red sunlight around Prime. It should be possible with either Zatanna's powers or Firestorm's. While it won't stop him immediately, it will give Amazo an edge.

Galan007
Yeah I see what you're saying, I saw that they were equally affected, but the IC thing kind of confused me. Didn't it seem like after that he'd just be like "Oh no! My weakness!" and then keep fighting anyway lol? I just think that Prime is kind of a funny character in that he reacts like a kid that's scraped his knee. He's okay but he still screams and cries like it's the end of the world lol. Who knows. Maybe Prime's physical stats are higher so they remain longer? It's conjecture on my part admittedly, but it's my best explanation for his showings against red sun radiation.

Hmm. Good point. That would be somewhat of a hax combo for almost anyone come to think of it.There should be more threads with him in them imo. When they flew through the red sun, Prime became so depowered that he was unable to utilize his HV at all. That says a lot because even when he started getting his ass kicked towards the end of his Tales of the Sinestro Corps issue (due to him *supposedly* not absorbing any solar radiation, AND the battle taking place at night), he was STILL able to not only utilize HV, but said HV remained potent enough to pierce through Superman like a hot knife through butter. Point being: Prime must have been truly powerless (and not just whining) after being flown through the red sun if he couldn't use HV whatsoever.

I agree.

Sirius77
When they flew through the red sun, Prime became so depowered that he was unable to utilize his HV at all. That says a lot because even when he started getting his ass kicked towards the end of his Tales of the Sinestro Corps issue (due to him *supposedly* not absorbing any solar radiation, AND the battle taking place at night), he was STILL able to not only utilize HV, but said HV remained potent enough to pierce through Superman like a hot knife through butter. Point being: Prime must have been truly powerless (and not just whining) after being flown through the red sun if he couldn't use HV whatsoever.

That's what I was saying. He appeared to be completely depowered in IC after being flown through the red sun, but then in SC, he was exposed again while weakened and then was still able to fight off teams. In the same light, superman took a year iirc to get his powers back afterwards (although they came back better than before). This conversation is actually making me think a lot more about IC and the things that it affected lol. I had never really thought of any of these points.

McNasty996
When they flew through the red sun, Prime became so depowered that he was unable to utilize his HV at all. That says a lot because even when he started getting his ass kicked towards the end of his Tales of the Sinestro Corps issue (due to him *supposedly* not absorbing any solar radiation, AND the battle taking place at night), he was STILL able to not only utilize HV, but said HV remained potent enough to pierce through Superman like a hot knife through butter. Point being: Prime must have been truly powerless (and not just whining) after being flown through the red sun if he couldn't use HV whatsoever.

I agree.

I think that could of been him just getting out of the speed force where he was supposedly sapped of sunlight for years and truly needing the suit.

Galan007
^ Nah, even when he came back from that he was still enormously powerful.

It was only when he was rammed through the red sun that he became powerless.

psycho gundam
Transmutation of yellow sunlight into red sunlight around Prime. It should be possible with either Zatanna's powers or Firestorm's. While it won't stop him immediately, it will give Amazo an edge. yeah i know, it's painfully logical/easy to pull off

TricksterPriest
yeah i know, it's painfully logical/easy to pull off Since when do those work on SMP? superdur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.