Old cartoons that needs to come back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bro SMASH
What old cartoon series you think needs to come back?

Personally, I think a lot of those Hanna Barbera cartoons should come back and be more modernized.

Like for example, Birdman and the Galaxy Trio. They should definitely revive that series either as a new cartoon series remake or a comic book series by DC (like how they did for Space Ghost) and update with something that would please modern day audiences.

darthmaul1
G-FORCE battle of the planets
and
visionaries.

all these cartoons that are on on saturday morning SUCK! i remember when i was a kid there was a bunch of saturday afternoon cartoons too.
you could watch the shows from 8am till 5pm

Bro SMASH
If you like G-Force and Battle of the Planets so much, then would watching Gatchaman satisfy you?

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
If you like G-Force and Battle of the Planets so much, then would watching Gatchaman satisfy you?

G-force and battle of the planets is the same show,
and i don't know if Gatchaman would satisfy me, cause i havn't seen it.

Dr Mystery
They should re-do the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon, with better characters that don't search for a way home only to realise that they can't take the unicorn with them or leave it behind so they stay and stupidly look for a way home the following week.

srankmissingnin
I suppose that in the scheme of things it's not all that old, but Gargoyles needs to come back. Disney owns the rights to Gargoyles and Marvel, they should integrate them into Marvel canon this second and have them team up with Blade, then re-launch a new cartoon.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by darthmaul1
G-force and battle of the planets is the same show,
and i don't know if Gatchaman would satisfy me, cause i havn't seen it.

Well there's Battle of the Planets and there's also G-Force. They're two different shows but they're adapted from the same show, which was an anime series called Gatchaman.

That's why I said that if you liked either one of them, then maybe Gatchaman (the original series) would satisfy you.

Darth Piggott
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I suppose that in the scheme of things it's not all that old, but Gargoyles needs to come back. Disney owns the rights to Gargoyles and Marvel, they should integrate them into Marvel canon this second and have them team up with Blade, then re-launch a new cartoon.

Gargoyles was a great show. I always imagined being Goliath, I think his name was. IT sucked that they turned into stone during the day, kind of a big weakness.

darthmaul1
Well there's Battle of the Planets and there's also G-Force. They're two different shows but they're adapted from the same show, which was an anime series called Gatchaman.

That's why I said that if you liked either one of them, then maybe Gatchaman (the original series) would satisfy you.

Don't think so , g-force was battle of the planets.
See here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoO5H_UKCrw

But at any rate I will have to take a look at Gatchaman

Bro SMASH
Well in Battle of the Planets, the team was called G-Force.

But in the 80s, there was a separate called G-Force, where all the characters named were changed.

Here's the intro to G-Force

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-D4j5lh2E

But like I said, they're both made up by the Gatchaman series.

I don't know how many episodes they have on Youtube but here's the first one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-D4j5lh2E

dhong
Swat Kats and The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest... The Intros alone are beyond epic. Cartoons like these can make a gay dudes straight.

Swat Kats

The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest

wicker_man
To be honest any cartoon that I enjoyed back in the 80s/90s would come back in a new style and it'd probably greatly disappoint me.

Bro SMASH
Well...we got ThunderCats coming back. Think you might like that or hate it?

Mr Parker

Personally, I think a lot of those Hanna Barbera cartoons should come back and be more modernized.

Like for example, Birdman and the Galaxy Trio. They should definitely revive that series either as a new cartoon series remake or a comic book series by DC (like how they did for Space Ghost) and update with something that would please modern day audiences.

definetly,space Ghost is one of many they need to bring back.they should also bring back Huckleberry Hound and all those classics.thank god I got SPEED RACER ON DVD.I dont think they will ever bring that show back to cartonn network either.

smart00hayden
I think a lot of those Hanna Barbera cartoons should come back and be more modernized.

Dominic EX2
Originally posted by darthmaul1
G-FORCE battle of the planets
and
visionaries.

I agree with this. G-Force.
Too bad Imagi already put down the project. sad

Pallas
Greg Weissman the creator of Gargoyles is head writer on Young Justice. Cartoon Network is holding the episodes until they can get more in the can. It's a damn good show. Weissman, I don't know if I spelled his name right, also headed spectacular spiderman and that was damn awesome. I hated the look at first, but grew to love that show. The writing was superb.

moggo09
captn planet

killerklowns13
the thirteen ghosts of scooby-doo, favorite cartoon of all time. coarse it wouldn't be the same without vincent price.

ADarksideJedi

They are back well not new but there old self on a certain Cartoon channel I forget the name but they show all the classics from Popeye to Smuffs and to Y bear!

Whiteclipse
pole position, it would be rad to see that re done, or Bucky O'Hare and the Toad Wars

rudester
roger rabbit... tiny toons...

http://www.galleryc.net/images/wd088.jpg

Bro SMASH
Oh yeah, Roger Rabbit! Definitely!

SuperEvil
Vol-tron....Robotech....Pirates Of Dark Water.....Inhumanoids...Kid Video.

quanchi112
He-Man. She-Ra. Transformers gen 1. G. I. Joe. Inhumanoids.

the ninjak
Hidden Cities of Gold. The stuff of pure epicness. 3 children undertake a great adventure to find the hidden city and succeed ahead of the competion. Finding great treasure but none comparing to the technological awesomeness of the machines they find.

Lfb_BBnXFHw

AsbestosFlaygon
k8ZlO76-BpA

The Ren & Stimpy Show (especially Seasons 1 & 2).

It was the best thing that ever happened to Nickelodeon.

K5KwSMka7pM

Flapjack.

I know Adventure Time is the best cartoon EVER in CN, but this cartoon was in the same league as AT.

darthmaul1
Visionaires

rudester
the road runner...taz...and montana max...lol

http://6starliving.com/files/2011/08/montana-max.jpg

rudester
jon lovitz remember this cartoon??

http://www.beauty-video-tutorial.com/img/14/14e/The_Critic_Coming_Attractions.jpg

astarisborn94
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
They are back well not new but there old self on a certain Cartoon channel I forget the name but they show all the classics from Popeye to Smuffs and to Y bear! That would be Boomerang.

Anyway, I'd like to see a new variations of of Tom & Jerry that is just as fun as the old Hanna-Barbera's.

maham
I soooooo want to watch Johnny Quest and the Swat cats again. The generation of today is getting crappy things to watch. Thankfully, I was a child in a better age cartoon-wise. big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

rudester
I want to watch captain planet.

http://sherhaps.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/captain-planet.jpg

Placidity
Hannah Montana

NemeBro
Swat Kats.
ReBoot.
Samurai Jack (Might not be old enough but **** you we didn't get an ending).

psycho gundam
^ thumb up reBoot

maryd094
I remember when i was a kid there was a bunch of saturday afternoon cartoons too.
you could watch the shows from 8am till 5pmhttp://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

jenzie
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/mrjenzie/drumsgunssons.png
and just use justice's album "audio, video, disco" as the soundtrack!

BRAVESTARR would be another choice .....

The Big O
Ah. I see that Reboot, Captain Planet and Flapjack have already been spoken of.

I don't know why the FLUCK Flapjack was cancelled. That was sheer genius.

Hanaoka
Ed'Edd'n Eddy

Damn I miss those kinds of cartoons.

heathjack
I think they should remake He-Man and the Masters of the Universe they did on cartoon network back in 2000 to 2002 but I would like to see updated version I also like to ssee remake of Thundarr The Barbarian he was kind of like he-man more serious I wouldn't mind seeing new cartoons of street sharks captain plant or swat kats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.