New FF!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
So... Seriously?

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/6/40/4d5bf1711f608/detail.jpg

JakeTheBank
It's possible Dr. Doom might join the team, or at least assist them from what I read in interviews.

steverules_2
So...spiderman is part of the FF...like he was in What if....? And he's part of the Avengers, he's turning into wolverine...give it time and we'll see him beating the like's of galactus.

Scythe
Only this time, it makes sense. Spidey's been wanting to join the FF for a very long time. He's really close to them, considering how they consider him family and vice-versa. I think adding him to the FF just makes sense.

Kazenji
And there was also that one time where Spiday, Wolverine, Ghost Rider and She-Hulk.

steverules_2
Spiday huh? Spidar-Man, heh...it's like a pirates saying it

Bentley
I agree that Spidey is a better fit on the FF than in the Avengers, but it's still something strange if you think about their livestyles. The FF are full time heroes and explorers, Peter takes pictures no expression

steverules_2
Yeah but the FF are out there...people know who they are. Spiderman is different, he keeps his normal life style a secret like superman, you could say Clark kent is just a reporter but he is way more than that just like Peter.

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Spiday huh? Spidar-Man, heh...it's like a pirates saying it

Jeeez get over.....,........

Don Corleone
Originally posted by Bentley
I agree that Spidey is a better fit on the FF than in the Avengers, but it's still something strange if you think about their livestyles. The FF are full time heroes and explorers, Peter takes pictures no expression

Yeah but Spidey is brilliant, he's just lazy. stick out tongue
Gotta admit the costume is cool.

the ninjak
The final issue of FF was fantastic.

Looking forward to the affirmation of the family being the "first" family.

Spidey......cool but I would prefer Doom!

But Parker is required to teach Franklin how to be a noble soul.

Bentley
The best thing of this is that if they drop the "four" in the team's name they can get new recruits.

Well, not new per se, but Crystal or Black Panther would be cool -I know Crystal is in Hala-.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
Jeeez get over.....,........

Didn't know I was under

BruceSkywalker
the artwork looks deplorable... spidey is the new wolverine and deadpool

-K-M-
I like the costumes of Future Foundation...silly name, but interesting costumes.

Bentley
If you think about it "Fantastic Four" is a pretty stupid name too.

Digi
Pete had this whole thing about not being on teams back in the 80's/90's that made a lot of sense for his character. Then Cap was like "screw that, be an Avenger" and he jumped onboard like the Cap fanboy he is. Honestly, the FF is the only team that makes sense to me for Spidey to be on. He's close to them, he had a personal connection with Johnny, and the very nature of the FF is the only thing that kept him out so long. Writers sort of ignored his aversion to teams and have put him in EVERYTHING recently, which sucks, but whatever. I like the idea. He just needs to jump ship from a Avengers book...the main Avengers team, imo, since the New Avengers may need him more in terms of brains and sales.

Anyway, I may start reading this book.

JakeTheBank
I think from a sales draw point of view, having Marvel's biggest names on a single book makes sense. Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, and Spidey...lot's of star power there. I would prefer if Logan and Petey stayed with the New Avengers if anything, though.

As far as the FF goes, I agree with Spidey being on the team,

Kazenji
Didn't know I was under

Haha lets turn things into the comedy half hour.............. roll eyes (sarcastic)

-K-M-
If you think about it "Fantastic Four" is a pretty stupid name too.

I don't want to think about it. mad

guy222
i won't b wasting money on it

Bentley
I'm a little torn on this simply because I liked some of the issues on Hickman's run but hated the guts of some others. I may give him a chance since I actually like the idea of the uniforms and the extended cast...

steverules_2
Haha lets turn things into the comedy half hour.............. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you wanted a good laugh you could easily look down your pants or in the mirror 131 I apologize, that was uncalled for...maragrita's for everyone

peejayd
And there was also that one time where Spiday, Wolverine, Ghost Rider and She-Hulk.

* it was Hulk, not She-Hulk... a temporary lineup from Fantastic Four #347-349 consisted of the Hulk, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Ghost Rider (Daniel Ketch)... smile

* never knew Johnny Storm died until this thread came up... not much hype when Captain America died...

steverules_2
I found out he died in that thread about Marvel killing of characters, I was quite surprised to see Johnny had died.

steverules_2
EDIT: off smile

basilisk
I found out he died in that thread about Marvel killing of characters, I was quite surprised to see Johnny had died.

For those who have been regular readers of the FF over the past year or so, it did seem like Johnny would be the one to get killed off. Of course the writers could have been misdirecting, or misdirecting by trying to make it look like they were misdirecting when actually they weren't... but on the surface it was no surprise.

Haven't enjoyed the much FF in recent years so this could be interesting I guess. But the Fantastic Four and Johnny will be back one day.

steverules_2
Did you actually see him die or was it implied?

basilisk
Did you actually see him die or was it implied? Off panel, no witnesses from the FF's point of view, no body.

steverules_2
So how can they say he's dead? There's no body to prove he died and no witnesses

Bentley
So how can they say he's dead? There's no body to prove he died and no witnesses

I guess it was just the impossible odds he was facing. Reed went to Annihilus with the Ultimate Nullifier and didn't flintch, so we know at least that Anni is a great bluff.

Edit: This is going to sound pretty stupid since I'm not really fond to guessing how characters are going to come back, but wasn't Lyra left in the Negative Zone during the Secret Invasion? I can see her saving Johnny somehow.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by basilisk
Off panel, no witnesses from the FF's point of view, no body. Thing witnessing it was what was shown on-panel. That's also what is stated in the epilogue:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/JohnnyStorm01.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/JohnnyStorm02.jpg

TheTyrant
If you think about it "Fantastic Four" is a pretty stupid name too. True, but 'Future Foundation' is much worse.

Solidus Black
The Torch is almost 50 years old. No way he's dead for good. I give them 18 - 60 months

Then he comes back powered up as someones herald

steverules_2
He was already a herald of galactus...

Solidus Black
so he's too good to be someone elses herald? :P

steverules_2
Like?

No course not, but it's already been done so...

Sr J-Bieb
I liked the first issue. It felt right.

Also feels like it's setting up for something big too.

Konton
First issue was fantastic.

The meal prayer really had me laughing.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Konton
First issue was fantastic.

The meal prayer really had me laughing. Me to.

Course Reed has met a couple gods himself...so....that might explain why franklin says that.

Franklin has also been inside of a god(no homo)

JakeTheBank
Lol @ Nathaniel owning Reed

StiltmanFTW
?

H. S. 6
Spoiler.

Peter leaves FF in issue 2, because he will not be part of a team that includes Dr. Doom.

Ize19
Originally posted by TheTyrant
True, but 'Future Foundation' is much worse.

Maybe, but it makes sense. I mean, since Civil War, hasn't Reed basically been Hari Seldon, from Asimov's Foundation series? He invented the same math and everything? So, just going off the name, this is going to be about them making sure that the future goes "just as planned," maybe planting the seeds for a real "Foundation" to grow out of... the name works for me.

Sr J-Bieb
One of the few times I actually giggled reading a comic.
Good stuff.

SamZED
Yeah. But I actually liked better the FF in the last SM issue. Loled several times.

Sr J-Bieb
This book and X-Force are head and shoulders above every other book Marvel is putting out.

I'm very intrigued for the next issue

Bentley
Crystal with Ronan attacking the FF, Jonnhy must be rolling in his grave.

Bentley
Galactus vs the Celestials on February.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.