Team Magneto vs. Team Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Magneto
Classic Juggernaut
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Sabretooh (adamantium)
Sauron

Vs.

Apocalypse
Mr. Sinister
Stryfe
Multiple Man
Gambit
Havoc

Fight in the savage land.

Solidus Black
BFR allowed?

If no Mags team stomps

If so Mags team still stomps

Starscream M
magneto

Originally posted by byrdgang21
Magneto
Classic Juggernaut
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Sabretooh (adamantium)
Sauron

Vs.

Apocalypse
Mr. Sinister
Stryfe
Multiple Man
Gambit
Havoc

Fight in the savage land. So I'm assuming this is not SW at her peak. Mags adn his crowd wreck team 2.

Juk3n
T1 is stacked, they stomp.

Uriel005
agreed. T1 stomp

inimalist
they stomp stryfe and sinister?

Nihilist
Unless Team 2 get in any TP attacks, they lose 8/10

Originally posted by inimalist
they stomp stryfe and sinister? no love for poccy huh? problem is they all have high defenses against TP and stryfe is an underachiever, he's not on par with godcable, although he should be. it's not a stomp, but t1 wins.

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
no love for poccy huh? problem is they all have high defenses against TP and stryfe is an underachiever, he's not on par with godcable, although he should be. it's not a stomp, but t1 wins.

I'm not saying they don't, but it is not a stomp. Mags team has no effective way to put down sinister, for instance.

and I just don't know apoc's char well enough /shrug. he underachieves too though

Originally posted by Nihilist
Unless Team 2 get in any TP attacks, they lose 8/10

what do you mean unless

Stryfe + Sinister confused

Nihilist

what do you mean unless

Stryfe + Sinister confused Team 1 have alot of TP defence, barring a few members..so unless the get a TP atack on them to even things out as Team 1 ismore powerful they lose.

Though id give Apoc a win 1 on 1 against any of team 1.

I'm not saying they don't, but it is not a stomp. Mags team has no effective way to put down sinister, for instance.

and I just don't know apoc's char well enough /shrug. he underachieves too though

what do you mean unless

Stryfe + Sinister confused SW makes him explode. but seriously, magneto himself can turn him inside out or blast him into goo

inimalist
Originally posted by Nihilist
Team 1 have alot of TP defence, barring a few members..so unless the get a TP atack on them to even things out as Team 1 ismore powerful they lose.

Though id give Apoc a win 1 on 1 against any of team 1.

I'd say the same of Stryfe and Sinister, actually

Like, Mags team has weak links in SW and QS, and Havok was able to go toe to toe with Vulcan in War of Kings (a bunch of times).

Juggs can go down via tp, sauron's hypnosis probably wouldn't work on sinister/stryfe/apoc (i suppose?), multiple man has some tricks that might help.

/shrug, I'd still give it to team one, but not by much

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
SW makes him explode. but seriously, magneto himself can turn him inside out or blast him into goo

which he reassembles himself from instantly

X-Man has done the same to him before

which he reassembles himself from instantly

X-Man has done the same to him before he knew x-man was too much for him. serious injuries take longer for him to regen from. stopping his nervous impulses or reversing his bloodflow would suffice.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Juk3n
T1 is stacked, they stomp.

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
he knew x-man was too much for him. serious injuries take longer for him to regen from. stopping his nervous impulses or reversing his bloodflow would suffice.

why would reversing the blood flow of someone who has molecular level regeneration have any impact... I also have some trouble believing magneto will command the mind of such a high level TP

i still give it to team one, all I'm saying is its not a stomp

AlmightyKfish
If Team 1 prioritise they can win, but the fact remains that Sinister/Stryfe can pretty much instantly take out everyone on Team 1 bar Magneto/Juggs, and Apoc is going to be a significant threat to anyone on Team 1.

why would reversing the blood flow of someone who has molecular level regeneration have any impact... I also have some trouble believing magneto will command the mind of such a high level TP

i still give it to team one, all I'm saying is its not a stomp IIRC he doesn't he only has cell level control voer his body.

not his mind, the electrical impulses, just physically shut down his brain

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
If Team 1 prioritise they can win, but the fact remains that Sinister/Stryfe can pretty much instantly take out everyone on Team 1 bar Magneto/Juggs, and Apoc is going to be a significant threat to anyone on Team 1. meh, scarlet witch could hold her own even before hom

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
IIRC he doesn't he only has cell level control voer his body.

hmm, I thought he did...

Originally posted by 753
not his mind, the electrical impulses, just physically shut down his brain

i know, but I think you are thinking too realistic for the mechanism here. dont TPs generally have resistance to this type of thing? Like, there is a scan of Exodus simultaneously saying someone is trying to "psionically attack him" and also talking about activation in a specific neural region (two psychics are attacking him, one in some "hoaky" psychic way, the other in a very specifically neurological way, he has no trouble dealing with either). In comics, doesn't "the brain" just sort of get lumped into one specific thing?

TheTyrant
Team 2.

Brockalizer
The teams are far too uneven. Team Magneto wins without even breaking a sweat.

hmm, I thought he did...

i know, but I think you are thinking too realistic for the mechanism here. dont TPs generally have resistance to this type of thing? Like, there is a scan of Exodus simultaneously saying someone is trying to "psionically attack him" and also talking about activation in a specific neural region (two psychics are attacking him, one in some "hoaky" psychic way, the other in a very specifically neurological way, he has no trouble dealing with either). In comics, doesn't "the brain" just sort of get lumped into one specific thing? well, xorn gave a phoenix possessed jean grey an EMP stroke. mags has used his power to dampen telepathy within his reach before. some comics have telepaths altering physical properties of the brain (cable frying synapses and cauing physical brain death, emma frost and exodus talking about controlling parts of the brain etc.) but I actually think the metaphysical interpretation of telepathy and the mind/brain dichotomy are prevalent. I mean, shadowlord doesnt even have a brain. it is possible that sinister puts some defenses up with his tp + cell control, but I doubt it'll be enough, mags just ranks higher than him in terms of raw power.

EDIT: just remembered the instance you mentioned, the human telepaths exodus took down are a good example of tp altering brain functions, but I dont see how a telepath could fight off direct electrical manipulation of his nervous impulses.

inimalist
fair enough, lol, if it was used on Jean, not much I can say about that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.