Dragon Age vs. Elder Scrolls vs. Fallout

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Piggott
I was just wondering what everyone thought was the better. I personally like elder scrolls best, and I have played almost all of them. My favorite had to be Morrowind, because you could go anywhere. I had 100's of game play hours on that game, and I just couldn't put it down. I was a little disappointed when Oblivion came out, because I would rather have played Morrowind laughing out loud . I wish Dragon Age was a sand box game, instead of a path that you have to follow, but I still love the game. Fallout New Vegas was kind of a bummer to me, seeing how they really didn't make any improvements. It felt like I was just playing a rather large dlc for Fallout 3.

What do you think?

Super Marie 64
Dragon Age. I like being my own master.

This should go in Computer / Video Game Discussions though, rather than versus. This section is for discussing the power of fictional aspects of the world, rather than the game itself.

Darth Piggott
I'm sure a mod will move it then hopefully. I saw versus so I figured I should put it here meh.....

What do you mean by being your own master?

Super Marie 64
The choices you get to make in Dragon Age dwarf by far those of Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Also, I'm not sure you can involve yourself romantically with other characters in those two.

I know there's a prostitute in Fallout 3, but I don't know what happens if you talk to her.

Darth Piggott
I think you could romantically involve yourself in elder scrolls but nothing like Dragon Age. But I could be thinking of a different game.

In Fallout the screen just turns black when you're in the bed with a prositute and you really don't get any deeper than that. I thought you could make a lot of choices in elder scrolls, but i also loved dragon age, and im excited for the second one, even though it kind of sucks you can only play as a human, but hey it's still going to be good, are you looking forward to the sequel?

RE: Blaxican
I enjoyed Dragon Age more than Fallout, never played Elder Scrolls.

FinalAnswer
Fallout because only Fallout has the shnazzy music.

TheAuraAngel
I actually don't think this thread is allowed anywhere. I remember a similar thread being closed in Computer/Video Game Discussion forum.

It was established in like the second post that this isn't allowed here. no expression

TheAuraAngel
I mean it's probably not legal in any forum that I know of. no expression

One of KMC's failings.

Burning thought
Dragon age, its story depth, character development (both personal and otherwise) and its gameplay systems are far superior in my opinion to the other two games. Oblivion was very large and open , as was fallout although Oblivion made me feel like I had to do things in a certain order even if it were not the case, e.g. I felt like if I was playing as a fighter or a mage, that I "had" to join their respective guilds to feel important. Although, the mod community for Fallout and Oblivion is excellent not that I have looked into the Dragon age modding but I have my doubts its as strong as mods for the other two games.

NemeBro
As a series?

Elder Scrolls, by far.

For the lore, mostly.

Enfathiel
Definitely Elder Scrolls.

srankmissingnin
Judged in the window of their respective releases Oblivion and Fallout 3 are far superior to Dragon Age, both of them were legitimate GotY contenders. That said I don't think they really hold up as well. The game engine used was buggy and dated by Fallout 3's release (and you could argue Oblivion's as well), graphically they look a generation behind what is currently on consoles.

The new Creation Engine for Skyrim looks amazing though.

NemeBro
Oh, and in the spirit of the game vs. forum, I suppose I should point out Elder Scrolls is by far the more powerful verse between the three. It is not even a contest.

Enfathiel
Akatosh demolishes the other two verses for breakfast:3

NemeBro
Well yeah, but Akatosh is not even the most powerful being in Elder Scrolls.

Enfathiel
Probably Sithis when you think about it.....

He's supposed to be the abstract of Chaos.

NemeBro
No, you are right, Sithis is far superior to any mere Aedra or Daedra.

Sithis and Anuiel are equal yet opposing forces far above they, with only Anu the Everything being higher (Although in some myths I believe Anuiel and Anu the Everything are one and the same, and Sithis, or Padomay, is its equal. This effectively making Sithis the Anti-God.)

Darth Piggott
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Judged in the window of their respective releases Oblivion and Fallout 3 are far superior to Dragon Age, both of them were legitimate GotY contenders. That said I don't think they really hold up as well. The game engine used was buggy and dated by Fallout 3's release (and you could argue Oblivion's as well), graphically they look a generation behind what is currently on consoles.

The new Creation Engine for Skyrim looks amazing though.

Fallout 3 was probably one of the buggiest games I have ever played, well no actualy New Vegas. I had one glitch where I couldn't go in the Strip without having an old Cowboy Hat, if I tried with anything else the game would freeze up. I had no problems with Oblivion though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.