Superman vs Thanos (See stips)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Superman

vs

Thanos

The fight takes place under a blue sun. No BFR. Both are going all out.

Brockalizer
I know that the blue sun will makes Stooperman more powerful, but I'm going with Thanos out of principle. He is much smarter tactically than his opponent, has the access to technology that is capable of tipping the scales in his favor, and has Mistress Death (who would love a chance to claim the Blue Boyscout that has snatched so many from her cold embrace) on his side. The great thing about Thanos is that when he really sets his mind to something there are usually, but not always, two outcomes. He either subconsciously sets himself up for defeat, which won't happen if he is going all out, or it takes an army of super powered beings to stop him. Superman on the other hand has never faced true adversity, except in the "Death of Superman", the way Thanos has. If a weakness is discovered by an opponent in one issue then they (the writer) conveniently find away to get rid of it at a later date. Anytime you read a Superman comic you know that no matter how ridiculous the storyline, the writers will always find a way for him to pull a victory out of his ass. The funny thing is that all the Kool Aide drinking Superman freaks are so far in denial that when they aren't lining up to suck on his fat Superballs, they are willing to disregard all logic and reason to find a way accept what they are being fed by the writers than simply asking "WTF?".

dmills
Please don't do this. I beseech thee.

SquallX
Originally posted by Brockalizer
I know that the blue sun will makes Stooperman more powerful, but I'm going with Thanos out of principle. He is much smarter tactically than his opponent, has the access to technology that is capable of tipping the scales in his favor, and has Mistress Death (who would love a chance to claim the Blue Boyscout that has snatched so many from her cold embrace) on his side. The great thing about Thanos is that when he really sets his mind to something there are usually, but not always, two outcomes. He either subconsciously sets himself up for defeat, which won't happen if he is going all out, or it takes an army of super powered beings to stop him. Superman on the other hand has never faced true adversity, except in the "Death of Superman", the way Thanos has. If a weakness is discovered by an opponent in one issue then they (the writer) conveniently find away to get rid of it at a later date. Anytime you read a Superman comic you know that no matter how ridiculous the storyline, the writers will always find a way for him to pull a victory out of his ass. The funny thing is that all the Kool Aide drinking Superman freaks are so far in denial that when they aren't lining up to suck on his fat Superballs, they are willing to disregard all logic and reason to find a way accept what they are being fed by the writers than simply asking "WTF?".

And you're talking about the shits Thanos did weren't WTF.

Same thing with Superman, once he puts his mind to something, he's not stopping, unless you kill him.

You say Superman has never faced true adversity until The DOS. But you couldn't be more wrong.

Superman is a being that walks a thin line, one mistake, and it's over form him. The fact that he has to be careful with everything he does everyday is true adversity, especially when dealing with Lois.

True Adversity is not having power and using it all willy nilly, and just for you're benefit. But using it for the right purpose.

Thanos even till this day only true goal in life is to please Death. The love of his life. He kills without any thoughts to the suffering he's causing.

Where as Superman tries his best to save everyone, and if he fails to save someone, he blames himself for that. Wishing he was just a bit faster, or stronger, maybe then he would have succeed.

You're problem is, you believe true adversity happens only in life and death battle against a stronger opponent. That may stand true for someone, but Superman is the definition of adversity.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Superman

vs

Thanos

The fight takes place under a blue sun. No BFR. Both are going all out. Thanos Pimp hand FTW... smokin'

Black bolt z
What does a Blue Sun to do supes?

FanBoy101
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What does a Blue Sun to do supes? Don't know, but a blue star was able to Amp Bizzaro... confused

ares834
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What does a Blue Sun to do supes?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing...

carver9
To my knowledge only bizarro gets amped from it and him and Supes are reverse like characters... they are not affected by the same things.

PillarofOsiris
Exposure to a blue sun amps Superman's powers and also gives him enough power to bestow superpowers onto other beings as well.

vince_slice
What other types of sun colours affect Superman? Does a pink star give Superman the power to be extra flamboyant and make him question his sexuality?

FanBoy101
Originally posted by vince_slice
What other types of sun colours affect Superman? Does a pink star give Superman the power to be extra flamboyant and make him question his sexuality? ... laughing

Damborgson
What other types of sun colours affect Superman? Does a pink star give Superman the power to be extra flamboyant and make him question his sexuality? laughing laughing laughing

Black bolt z
What other types of sun colours affect Superman? Does a pink star give Superman the power to be extra flamboyant and make him question his sexuality? So a pink sun makes superman strait?

Allankles
What other types of sun colours affect Superman? Does a pink star give Superman the power to be extra flamboyant and make him question his sexuality?

Iiirc all types of stars give him power with the exception of red stars. It is shown that before Krypton was ruled by an isolationist scientific technocracy, their military conquered many other star systems, using their superior technology and the benefits they gained from younger stars, like yellow, orange and blue stars.

Orange stars give them the smallest boost out of all of them, while Blue stars and I think white stars give them the biggest amp.

The younger the star the more amped they get, also quasars amp them as well. Basically any non red star or star-like cosmic objects like quasars, will amp them.

As descendants of a sun god, it makes sense that their bodies would derive benefits from all types of stars.

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
To my knowledge only bizarro gets amped from it and him and Supes are reverse like characters... they are not affected by the same things. No. Bizarro gets different variations of powers. The hotter the star, the more powers and amped Superman gets.

dmills
Blue stars, yellow stars, white stars or quasars, it doesn't matter. It's still the same straight up, straight down, slap his ass all around beat down that Thanos would put on any herald level character. He is simply above them. And I don't even particularly like him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.