8th Day Juggernaut runs the punishment Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
8th Day Juggernaut stands there for each attack. He gets to fully heal between each round.

1. 20 all out punches from an enraged Hulk.

2. 20 punches from an enraged Hulk with the power gem.

3. Black Bolt's scream

4. Fully power blast from Thanos

5. godblast from Thor

6. 30 punches from an enraged Superboy Prime.

7. All out, galaxy-busting attack from Odin

8. All out energy blast from a fully fed Galactus

9. Combined attack:

Full, sustained eye beam assault which lasts for 1 minute from:

Mr. Majestic, Sodam Yat Ion, Superman (sundipped for 5 minutes), Superboy Prime, Gladiator, Kal-L, Hyperion, Cyclops (Full power), Martian Manhunter (Martian Vision)

+ PLUS

Full powered energy blasts from:

Silver Surfer, Hal Jordan, Thor (Lightning), Vector, X-Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------------

How many can he survive?

(I know Galactus should probably have been last, but #9 was a lot to write)

FanBoy101
Originally posted by keiththegreat
8th Day Juggernaut stands there for each attack. He gets to fully heal between each round.

1. 20 all out punches from an enraged Hulk.

2. 20 punches from an enraged Hulk with the power gem.

3. Black Bolt's scream

4. Fully power blast from Thanos

5. godblast from Thor

6. 30 punches from an enraged Superboy Prime.

7. All out, galaxy-busting attack from Odin

8. All out energy blast from a fully fed Galactus

9. Combined attack:

Full, sustained eye beam assault which lasts for 1 minute from:

Mr. Majestic, Sodam Yat Ion, Superman (sundipped for 5 minutes), Superboy Prime, Gladiator, Kal-L, Hyperion, Cyclops (Full power), Martian Manhunter (Martian Vision)

+ PLUS

Full powered energy blasts from:

Silver Surfer, Hal Jordan, Thor (Lightning), Vector, X-Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------------

How many can he survive?

(I know Galactus should probably have been last, but #9 was a lot to write) He goes down at 7... smokin'

PillarofOsiris
6 or 7 sounds about right. Highly doubt he'd getting past 6.

Uriel005
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
6 or 7 sounds about right. Highly doubt he'd getting past 6. especially if it's a stand there and take it kind of thing. Reality shattering punches are not healthy to stand and tank

Rage.Of.Olympus
Can someone give me a reason why he gets past 5? I'm not even certain he stays conscious at 2 unless he has his force field or you go by the Thor tie in. Definitely going to be hurting though.

Sirius77
I'm inclined to agree with Rage.

Gecko4lif
I would put 3 above 4

FanBoy101
Originally posted by Sirius77
I'm inclined to agree with Rage. Rage is Gay... erm

Knowsbleed33
He took GF blast from Thor at classic levels and all he got was vertigo. he'd walk right through it at his 8th Day mentality.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
He took GF blast from Thor at classic levels and all he got was vertigo. he'd walk right through it at his 8th Day mentality. ... erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
He took GF blast from Thor at classic levels and all he got was vertigo. he'd walk right through it at his 8th Day mentality.

1. Force Field.
2. Seizures.
3. The God Blast obviously varies in power greatly.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The God Blast obviously varies in power greatly. so much for being a Thor FanBoy... erm you just don't remember or just refuse to use his own words... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Knowsbleed33
It doesn't matter how much it varies.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by FanBoy101
so much for being a Thor FanBoy... erm you just don't remember or just refuse to use his own words... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Thor fires his most powerful attack at the Juggernaut. It only gives him vertigo:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Durability/Thor%20412/th_THOR_1989__412_16.jpg

From thor "SO BE IT! thou hast forced me to UNLEASH the MOST Terrifying Asguardian POWER OF ALL"

Rage.Of.Olympus
so much for being a Thor FanBoy... erm you just don't remember or just refuse to use his own words... roll eyes (sarcastic)

facepalm The power of the God Blast varies greatly. Your scan doesn't in anyway refute my statement.

It doesn't matter how much it varies.

I think it does.

Knowsbleed33
I don't doubt you do believe that. According to you Thor is Martha Stewart and the God Blast is a swiss army knife.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So you think the fact that it can get vastly more powerful has no bearing?

Lawlz.

Knowsbleed33
Against some, perhaps. Not here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lawlz.

Colossus-Big C
odin should be above galactus, only extreme amounts of magic can phase him. juggs is invincible to anything else

FanBoy101
So you think the fact that it can get vastly more powerful has no bearing? the Fact that Thor DID NOT indicated that has no bearing?

Rage.Of.Olympus
What the hell are you saying? Speak English.

Knowsbleed33
lawlz all you want. The only thing you have as a basis is one instance where Thor might as well have been firing a super-soaker at Juggernaut.

Rage.Of.Olympus
lawlz all you want. The only thing you have as a basis is one instance where Thor might as well have been firing a super-soaker at Juggernaut.

So let me break this down so I understand:
- Juggernaut was hit by the God Blast.
- The God Blast did not damage Juggernaut.
- As such, it doesn't matter how much more powerful the God Blast can get as it didn't damage Cain in that instance.

So based on that, the God Blast cannot damage Cain, circumstances being present or not?

GTFO.

CortSether
Clears it.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by CortSether
Clears it.

all I can say is "wow"

CortSether
all I can say is "wow"

Once you can show some proof that Juggernaut can be destroyed by any of these things then come back.

Rage.Of.Olympus
We've seen Juggernaut -even this incarnation- being harmed by far lesser forces than the ones in this thread. That's all the proof he needs.

It's up to you to prove that he can resist being destroyed by these beings now.

CortSether
We've seen Juggernaut -even this incarnation- being harmed by far lesser forces than the ones in this thread. That's all the proof he needs.

It's up to you to prove that he can resist being destroyed by these beings now.

He resisted being destroyed within Oblivion's realm. That's far more power than anything in this thread. He's functioned as purely a skeleton just in his classic incarnation. 8th Day wouldn't be phased by anything in this gauntlet.

Next.

GRIMNIR
Juggernaut is one of the most durable characters in universe.

He has power of Cyttorak, who is on level of Elder God.

He is not invincible though as Cyttorak is not invincible.

If Living Tribunal wanted to beat the hell out of Cyttorak he could.

At 2 there is Hulk with Power Gem. Power Gem gives user all power in universe on scale at Living Tribunal.

Does not need to be Hulk with it, can be anyone.

Power Gem > Cyttorak, so > Juggernaut

keiththegreat
To say a fully fed Galactus can't harm the Juggernaut...is just... stupid. I don't know of any other way to respond to that.

CortSether
Originally posted by keiththegreat
To say a fully fed Galactus can't harm the Juggernaut...is just... stupid. I don't know of any other way to respond to that.

Only stupid in the sense that there's no such thing as a fully fed Galactus.

FanBoy101
He resisted being destroyed within Oblivion's realm. That's far more power than anything in this thread. He's functioned as purely a skeleton just in his classic incarnation. 8th Day wouldn't be phased by anything in this gauntlet.

Next.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
odin should be above galactus, only extreme amounts of magic can phase him. juggs is invincible to anything else facepalm.

In no universe is Odin above galactus. Dies at 7.

Uriel005
I'd say 6 if Prime dished out the same shots that shattered his prison with Alexander Luthor.

Knowsbleed33
Gets to Odin.

TheLordofMurder
From thor "SO BE IT! thou hast forced me to UNLEASH the MOST Terrifying Asguardian POWER OF ALL"

You do know that Thor was weakened by Hela's curse when that happened...right?

That was probaly the least powerful Godblast Thor has ever used...

FanBoy101
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
That was probaly the least powerful Godblast Thor has ever used... Yet thor DID NOT indicated that... roll eyes (sarcastic)

PillarofOsiris
I think it was indicated by Thor having seizures the entire fight, and being barely able to stand a few panels before the godblast.

Knowsbleed33
He stopped having the seizures before he fired off the God Blast.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by GRIMNIR
At 2 there is Hulk with Power Gem. Power Gem gives user all power in universe on scale at Living Tribunal.
Hell no. There is no proof to support this.

PillarofOsiris
He stopped having the seizures before he fired off the God Blast.

So if someone has a seizure, and then it stops, they should be right back to 100% immediately, right?

Knowsbleed33
So if someone has a seizure, and then it stops, they should be right back to 100% immediately, right?

No where was it mentioned that his God Blast was hindered in any way. In fact, Thor compares it to the blast he used on Galactus and the Celestials. The seizures only hindered him physically, and not by much. He was still able to floor Juggernaut with a single punch.

PillarofOsiris
So you think Juggernaut is more durable than Galactus or a Celestial, right?

FanBoy101
So you think Juggernaut is more durable than Galactus or a Celestial, right? not only him... wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
No where was it mentioned that his God Blast was hindered in any way. In fact, Thor compares it to the blast he used on Galactus and the Celestials. The seizures only hindered him physically, and not by much. He was still able to floor Juggernaut with a single punch.

He says it's the same blast. That doesn't mean it's the same level of power. Just compare the instances. The blast that he used against the Celesitals destroyed a Mjolnir with amped fortifications. And this was under the same writer to boot. At bare minimum the blast against the Celestials was more powerful by a significant amount and I'd wager the same on the blast against Galactus but to a lower extent.

The God Blast is depended on Thor's own Godly Energies and Thor was weakened significantly. He made that clear. And the seizure against Cain IIRC was the worst one yet. Being able to floor Juggernaut with a punch is something Thor can apparently do when significantly weakened.

Let's also not forget the force field Cain was using.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He resisted being destroyed within Oblivion's realm. That's far more power than anything in this thread.

Does anyone have the scan of this instance? I don't want to get the issue. IIRC, Eternity banished him to Oblivions realm but that doesn't necessarily mean he resisted Oblivion's powers. As a matter of fact, I remember Cain returning by making a deal with Oblivion or something in Amazing Adventures.

He's functioned as purely a skeleton just in his classic incarnation. 8th Day wouldn't be phased by anything in this gauntlet.

Next.

A high end showing for his will/hate/healing factor. Even in that scene, he admitted he could be destroyed and was preparing himself for it until D'Spayre was stopped. Cain was drained however of most of his power, putting that scene even further out there. He only operated at that level like once.

FanBoy101
As a matter of fact, I remember Cain returning by making a deal with Oblivion or something Oblivion Made a pact with Juggernaut because He could not get rid of him, the guy could not be killed permanently, Oblivion got tired of him and since he could not be destroyed he sent him back to earth... Happy Dance

Newjak
Does anyone have the scan of this instance? I don't want to get the issue. IIRC, Eternity banished him to Oblivions realm but that doesn't necessarily mean he resisted Oblivion's powers. As a matter of fact, I remember Cain returning by making a deal with Oblivion or something in Amazing Adventures.

A high end showing for his will/hate/healing factor. Even in that scene, he admitted he could be destroyed and was preparing himself for it until D'Spayre was stopped. Cain was drained however of most of his power, putting that scene even further out there. He only operated at that level like once. Yeah Cain was weakened when he went against D'Spayre.

As for this thread I could see Cain taking them all. It's not a power level thing. People like Galactus and Odin would win without much problem just not directly attacking Cain as described here.

I mean there is precedence for people surviving their attacks like Thanos and such.

And Durability is Cain's main thing. We've seen Heralds before go above and beyond their yield as long as its in their category. Superman can wrestle an angel through strength, Silver Surfer can channel the Crunch through energy manip. Thor can unleash devastating skyfather destroying attacks through is godhood, Flash can outrun Death through speed.

So I could see Cain taking these attacks if need be.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah Cain was weakened when he went against D'Spayre.

As for this thread I could see Cain taking them all. It's not a power level thing. People like Galactus and Odin would win without much problem just not directly attacking Cain as described here.

I mean there is precedence for people surviving their attacks like Thanos and such.

And Durability is Cain's main thing. We've seen Heralds before go above and beyond their yield as long as its in their category. Superman can wrestle an angel through strength, Silver Surfer can channel the Crunch through energy manip. Thor can unleash devastating skyfather destroying attacks through is godhood, Flash can outrun Death through speed.

So I could see Cain taking these attacks if need be.

He took a blast from the Stranger and was completely undamaged and he's a high end cosmic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Stranger, a high end Cosmic? Lulz. In that same issue Iceman froze his eye beams. Dude's comical. Odin and Galactus would eat him alive.

His highest showing is in the latest Thor mini series. Apparently he created Ego -someone I would have wagered would eat him alive- and even temporarily knocked Thor out. A bit of a low showing. Thor's tanked an attack from him unharmed before IIRC.

FanBoy101
Stranger, a high end Cosmic? Lulz. In that same issue Iceman froze his eye beams. Dude's comical. Odin and Galactus would eat him alive.

His highest showing is in the latest Thor mini series. Apparently he created Ego -someone I would have wagered would eat him alive- and even temporarily knocked Thor out. A bit of a low showing. Thor's tanked an attack from him unharmed before IIRC. yet Thor can't match him in Durability... laughing don't even try to compare them PLEASE... mad

Knowsbleed33
Stranger would blink Thor out of existence.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No.

Black bolt z
He says it's the same blast. That doesn't mean it's the same level of power. Just compare the instances. The blast that he used against the Celesitals destroyed a Mjolnir with amped fortifications. And this was under the same writer to boot. At bare minimum the blast against the Celestials was more powerful by a significant amount and I'd wager the same on the blast against Galactus but to a lower extent.

The God Blast is depended on Thor's own Godly Energies and Thor was weakened significantly. He made that clear. And the seizure against Cain IIRC was the worst one yet. Being able to floor Juggernaut with a punch is something Thor can apparently do when significantly weakened.

Let's also not forget the force field Cain was using. But lets not say it was by far the weakest godblast. We know it was obviously weaker due to the seizures. But how much weaker is speculation.

You could say 99% and I could say 1%. Neither are right.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you accept that Thor was weakened and believe that Thor's physical well being affects the God Blast, than the difference must be large as Thor was severely weakened. That means a lot.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by Black bolt z
But lets not say it was by far the weakest godblast. We know it was obviously weaker due to the seizures. But how much weaker is speculation.

You could say 99% and I could say 1%. Neither are right. I am with the young one...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.