Master Chief vs Witch King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Hopefully the moderator will allow this because both are seen in films (for HALO short anima films) and in books.

Backstory: It is the Battle of Pellanor Field. Rohan is getting wiped out, but Theoden and Eowyn have not yet been attacked. MC appears and with an Elite Energy Blade kills the Witch Kings mount. Witch King has his stand weapons. MC is armed only with the blade and in VI MJOLNIR armor. Theoden and Eoywn are sidlined and only allowed to watch this duel to the death. The battle commences . . .

Music - Light of Aidan Lament: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ocAUQnNdE

Lord Lucien
No man can kill him. Even a cybernetic one.

Sadako of Girth
What about hermaphrodites...?

Or Richard Simmons?

Pwned
If the "prophecy clause" stands, then Chief is incapable of killing WK. If it doesnt, WK goes down HARD, unless he pulls some mega-magic shit that was in a deleted scene.

RE: Blaxican
I don't know why people even bring up the prophecy. Well, I know why. It's because they don't know what a prophecy is.

A prophecy is a foretelling of future events. It is not some magical shield that protects you from harm. Therefore the prophecy that the Witch-King would not be killed by a man does not mean that he can not be killed by a man. It means that he wouldn't be.

Pwned
Thats what im saying. That prophecy has been debated like hell over in the LOTR forum, over what it means. From what i got, the wording of it, fortelling that he wont be killed by a man, no man can kill him, as it wasnt his fate.

Right. I think I vaguely remember you discussing that in that forum.

But, yah. People abuse that prophecy thing in here.

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I don't know why people even bring up the prophecy. Well, I know why. It's because they don't know what a prophecy is.

A prophecy is a foretelling of future events. It is not some magical shield that protects you from harm. Therefore the prophecy that the Witch-King would not be killed by a man does not mean that he can not be killed by a man. It means that he wouldn't be.

Then by that very logic, Master Chief isn't killing him here, cos he's got a date with death by the hands of a woman at some future date. Be it Wonder Woman, Daisy Werthan or other vagina-equipped combatant.

This is how the prophecy would translate into a screen-feat in here, should it be allowed.

You would have to prove that the prophecy was made by an all-knowing individual for that to be the case. I can prophesies that you will get hit by a car tomorrow. That doesn't mean you actually will be.

Lord Lucien
You would have to prove that the prophecy was made by an all-knowing individual for that to be the case. I can prophesies that you will get hit by a car tomorrow. That doesn't mean you actually will be. But if he does, the police are going to have some questions for you.

If he does, I'm moving in with you.

Tonight.

Lord Lucien
That'd be convenient. I haven't had a pillow fight in so long.

We can watch the Star Wars movies and order a pizza! Canada has pizza, right?

Robtard
You would have to prove that the prophecy was made by an all-knowing individual for that to be the case. I can prophesies that you will get hit by a car tomorrow. That doesn't mean you actually will be.

So when the Witch King said the "no man can kill me", we're to assume he was just talking trash as you are?

Well, he obviously took that to mean that he couldn't be killed by any average individual period, which, as we saw was not true.

So sure.

Pwned
Well, 2 average individals. Eowyn would have died if Merry hadnt distracted him.

WK is no lightweight, and his insubstantial nature against anything not made to wound him, his servants, or the servants of Sauron makes him very hard to kill. The problem is, with Chief being able to damage him as per the rules, then Chief wins unless it gets to him being unarmed. As far as i know, Chief has been shown using an energy sword only once, and he wasnt that good......
His strength doesnt count for much due to the whole Wraith thing.

Would the WKs scream affect Chief?

Regardless, prophecy is null, otherwise anything with WK in it fighting a man is spite.

Robtard

There was also a flash when Eowyn stabbed him as well, it's what happens when you stab the WK.

That being said, Merry's stab literally brought the WK to his knees, and paralyzed him to the point where he couldn't do anything but sit there and tremble while Eowyn briefly monologued then stabbed him in the face. Obviously, it doesn't matter who's stabbing him, getting hit hurts badly.

Pwned
You should know the reason that Merry could even hurt the WK. To bad its from the books. Damn you Hollywood. DAMN YOU.

I badly want the WK to win, problem is, he wont unless Chief has to resort to punching and kicking him. If Chief keeps that energy sword he wins.

Again, would the WKs scream affect Chief or not? I think it would, due to the fact that nobody seemes immune to it except those who had more Numenorean blood in them than others (Faramir, Aragorn) and Maiar (Gandalf/Olorin)

To bad Numenoreans and Maiar are books....... -.-

DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD!!!!

Robtard
There was also a flash when Eowyn stabbed him as well, it's what happens when you stab the WK.

That being said, Merry's stab literally brought the WK to his knees, and paralyzed him to the point where he couldn't do anything but sit there and tremble while Eowyn briefly monologued then stabbed him in the face. Obviously, it doesn't matter who's stabbing him, getting hit hurts badly.

Or it's because both Eowyn and Merry weren't men. Twas a woman and a Hobbit.

AthenasTrgrFngr
is the master chief less mannish than a hobbit? hes a cyborg!

Robtard
"Man" in LOTR often refers to the race of humans; not what's between a person's legs.

Lord Lucien
So what kind of secret has Eowyn been keeping?

ares834
Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
is the master chief less mannish than a hobbit? hes a cyborg!
Since when has John become a cyborg? I awawys thought he was a genetically enhanced human in a suit of armor?

Lord Lucien
His neural interlace with Cortana is considered a cybernetic.

Pwned
Well, technically it isnt referring to the race of Men, as Eowyn could kill him.

And Hobbits have been said to be a deriviation of the race of Men. They are just shorter. Technically the Easterlings arent Men, as they are of the race of Easterlings/Haradrim. Therefore, we must say that it IS whats between your legs, along with your race, or some other needlessly complicated thing.

Again, unless Chief has to resort to punching and kicking, Chief wins. If WK takes out the energy sword, he wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.