Superboy Prime vs 10 GLs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
I guess we all know Superboy Prime has killed 32 GLs at once, and flown throw a 300 mile long wall of willpower, etc., etc., but could he beat these ten GLs at once?

Hal Jordan
Kilowog
Sodam Yat (No Ion power)

And these 7 new lanterns (each is trained by Hal and Kilowog for 2 months before the fight):

Batman
Captain America
Superman
Super Girl
Power Girl
Spiderman
Amadeus Cho (has no other tech or weapons or powers)

All ten lanterns fight SBP at once, on the surface of the Earth's Moon.

PillarofOsiris
Giving Superman and Batman GL rings (which are based off of willpower) is a bad idea. I don't think that even SBP is winning this fight, although I'd love to see it. I think it depends on whether or not the team isn't holding anything back and is fighting with the same ruthlessness as Prime would be.

MrMind
is batman's willpower stronger than hal? hal was said to be one of the strongest will power in the universe.

PillarofOsiris
I've heard the same said about Superman as well. His willpower was once described as "infinite" (I know...its the definition of hyperbole, but still).

PillarofOsiris
Thinking more about it though, Prime probably still wins.

MrMind
yeah with 2 months of training most of these 7 people are just gonna be mid-level lanterns. GL superman and GL batman might be on the level of hal or even surpass him. but that's nothing prime hasn't counter before.

jrodslam
Only 2 months? Prime still wins. Also, we dont know how strong the others wills are COMPARED to the likes of the main 5 GL's.

Galan007
prime.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Galan007
prime. This

He more or less already did that in Infinite Crisis

Sirius77
Prime.

Omega Vision
Prime 6/10

Starscream M
Originally posted by Parmaniac
This

He more or less already did that in Infinite Crisis he fought batman and capt? news to me

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Starscream M
he fought batman and capt? news to me I know writers try to hide these kind of information from you in books. But if anyone asks I haven't told you.

Seriously the ring means shit if Prime stops bitching and goes for the kill.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I know writers try to hide these kind of information from you in books. But if anyone asks I haven't told you.

Seriously the ring means shit if Prime stops bitching and goes for the kill. I think batman would be insane with a ring..his mind and will is surpassed by none

and captain america has the strongest will as well

youre underestimating them

Parmaniac
The rings still have limits though. As much as awesome Lanterns these guys were (Spider-man would be awesome for me) I have a hard time believing they could do any serious damage to Prime.

keiththegreat
Some of these guys have the powers of kryptonians as well. Also, I gotta believe Amadeus Cho could figure something out with a ring.

Galan007
prime has proven time and time again that his powers exceed those of green lanterns. not even hal could affect the kid. srsly

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
prime has proven time and time again that his powers exceed those of green lanterns. not even hal could affect the kid. srsly
Idk. I personally think that Superman, Supergirl, and Powergirl working together at base level should be able to give him a hell of a fight (though they'd certainly lose barring prep and/or plot device), with rings and backup from the other seven they can take a few and make Prime work fairly hard for the majority that he takes.

TheTyrant
Prime.

JakeTheBank
Hal's willpower is > Bruce's. The simple fact that Hal (and Guy, technically) were chosen over all others says as much. Imagination is another story, entirely.

Comics Queen
Prime.

Galan007
Originally posted by Omega Vision
with rings and backup from the other seven they can take a few and make Prime work fairly hard for the majority that he takes. maybe if they had enough time to master their GL rings i could see them taking a few -- but 2 months is hardly enough time to fully master the intricacies of the rings. heck, even hal was swatted to the side by prime, and he's been training with a ring for decades.

also take into account that -currently- a lantern's willpower/imagination can exceed the abilities of a ring -- john stewart proved that fact. they aren't the proverbial 'genie in a bottle' that they once were.

-Pr-
Team, imo.

TricksterPriest
Pr: you're kidding me. You think they stop someone who rofled 3 versions of Losh? How about tanking AM's body when he rammed through him with impunity? Prime's in a class by himself. Without being drained by red suns, or having the exact kind of k-nite needed, he'll just steamroll them.

Omega: sorry dude, but Prime is a herald buster and team wrecker extraordinaire. :/

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
I think batman would be insane with a ring..his mind and will is surpassed by none

and captain america has the strongest will as well

youre underestimating them It doesn't change the fact that prime wins.

BullwinkleMoose
Team. Batman with GL Ring + Utility Ring=Win

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Pr: you're kidding me. You think they stop someone who rofled 3 versions of Losh? How about tanking AM's body when he rammed through him with impunity? Prime's in a class by himself. Without being drained by red suns, or having the exact kind of k-nite needed, he'll just steamroll them.

Omega: sorry dude, but Prime is a herald buster and team wrecker extraordinaire. :/

I thought there was no such thing as kryptonite that affects him, since there's none in his home universe.

-Pr-

I'm not kidding. Now shush.

quanchi112
Prime wins.

Galan007
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I thought there was no such thing as kryptonite that affects him, since there's none in his home universe. kryptonite from the LOSH-verse affects him.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hal's willpower is > Bruce's. The simple fact that Hal (and Guy, technically) were chosen over all others says as much. Imagination is another story, entirely. I think this has more something to do with plot, the rings would probrably choose a lot of already powerful heros and therefore ruin their charcters, but if you want to use this plot device/fact as a willpower feat then I agree.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hal's willpower is > Bruce's. The simple fact that Hal (and Guy, technically) were chosen over all others says as much. Imagination is another story, entirely.
It was shown on panel that Superman (and conceivably Batman too) had superior willpower to Guy Gardner.

The stated reason for why Superman wasn't selected is a dumb one: Superman isn't a native to Earth's Sector.

They've never stated why Batman wasn't chosen.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision

They've never stated why Batman wasn't chosen. Isn't it obvious?

Originally posted by MrMind
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9397/batmangreenlantern.png

Zack Fair

thumbsup

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Zack Fair
thumbsup Hey Zack, refresh my memory. Has SBP ever been beaten outright by anything other than a plot device, or possibly Monarch if you count that as a loss?

Zack Fair
Hey Zack, refresh my memory. Has SBP ever been beaten outright by anything other than a plot device, or possibly Monarch if you count that as a loss?

None that I can remember at the moment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.