Current Surfer vs Current Hulk... fist fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
H2H match...

Surfer is allowed to amp his physical abilities.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk.

dmills
I don't think anyone can draw any sure conclusions about Norrin's strength. We know he's a class 100, but we don't have a clue as to how much he can amp etc. As is the case with most of these cosmic space based characters (Surfer, Nova, etc) he doesn't have the traditional lifting/strength feats of the booger eater crowd favs like Thor, Hulk, Supes etc.

Presumably he should be able to amp well past any of them since he draws his power from a superior source. But its all conjecture really.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by dmills
Presumably he should be able to amp well past any of them since he draws his power from a superior source. But its all conjecture really.

laughing

The Nuul
Hulk, SS cant fight worth shit.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk.

dmills
laughing

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/rude/1/finger.gif

See, I can do it too.

lft4ded
IDK, Surfer was doing a great job in the gladiator arena during Planet Hulk. big grin Until Hulk broke his control disk he was schooling Hulk and his Warbound simultaneously.

JakeTheBank
A fist fight Hulk can win. Cool.

Black bolt z
Hulk but surfer puts up a fight.

TricksterPriest
This is a jackass fight. All Surfer has to do is go full amp and Hulk will never catch him. Recall Planet Hulk where a depowered Surfer mopped the floor with him.

carver9
People are forgetting that Hulk was depowered as well. He had access to almost none of his strength.

chomperx9
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/rude/1/finger.gif

See, I can do it too. laughing

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
This is a jackass fight. All Surfer has to do is go full amp and Hulk will never catch him. Recall Planet Hulk where a depowered Surfer mopped the floor with him.
Originally posted by lft4ded
IDK, Surfer was doing a great job in the gladiator arena during Planet Hulk. big grin Until Hulk broke his control disk he was schooling Hulk and his Warbound simultaneously.

Surfer minus CIS is badass. He can amp himself and his durability is better than Hulk's. This Surfer KOs Hulk via left hook. The reserved, pacifist Surfer we're used to seeing gets his ass kicked.

dmills
I keep saying that, but for some reason people can't get past panels. The same shyte that led people to think current Hulk could physically overpower Skyfathers in h2h because Skyfathers don't have strength feats. As if for some reason they couldn't simply use their power to amp their strength lol.

I had hoped that the Hulk vs Zeus fight would put an end to this nonsense, but apparently it hasn't. Norrin simply outclasses Banner in every conceivable fashion. The same energy that he used to casually produce a blast that triggered a black hole is the same energy that he can convert into raw strength if he so chooses.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Best case scenario, the writer treats his invulnerability as something that the Hulk cannot overcome unless extremely angry. I doubt that would be the case today however.

Whatever, we'll see how the Surfer/Thor fight will pan out in March/April.

Let's not forget that Hulk was severely depowered as well.

As a matter of fact, Hulk went through the wormhole after Surfer, so he had less time to recover. On top of that, Hulk actually stayed conscious through the ordeal while Surfer was knocked out. Handled the wormhole better.

dmills
^^^ 5 gets you 10 its a nonfight fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're probably right with Fraction doing it.

F*cking hack. Thor hasn't thrown a punch throughout the entire arc. I want to see some shit get f*cked up. His hammer's other name is the crusher. It's not a Thor comic unless there's hammering done.

JakeTheBank
Shame too, because I liked his Ages of Thunder stuff.

chomperx9
Gotta go with Hulk here. He has more experience fighting physically

iceman24567
Hulk pummels Norrin

vince_slice
Surfer's no slouch in the hand to hand department.

Even though Surfer and Hulk were both depowered on planet Skaar, it was Hulk and his warbound vs. Surfer in a physical fight, and Surfer was beating them. Hulk had help and he was still losing.

Surfer also physically took on Skaar (son of Hulk) who was amped by the old power. Skaar was amped enough to destroy the planet. When Surfer got serious, he physically beat Skaar down in a few punches.

bbrem123
im gonna say surfer here too

dmills
Originally posted by vince_slice
Surfer's no slouch in the hand to hand department.

Even though Surfer and Hulk were both depowered on planet Skaar, it was Hulk and his warbound vs. Surfer in a physical fight, and Surfer was beating them. Hulk had help and he was still losing.

Surfer also physically took on Skaar (son of Hulk) who was amped by the old power. Skaar was amped enough to destroy the planet. When Surfer got serious, he physically beat Skaar down in a few punches. Good point about Skaar. Forgot about that one. Also pounded on brb Iirc.

carver9
Some of you all are seriously and when I say seriously I mean SERIOUSLY disrespecting Hulk.

dmills
Haha poor Carver. The Hulks stock collapsed after the beating that Zeus gave him lmao! It wouldn't have been this bad if ya'll hadn't overhyped him so much.

carver9
Haha poor Carver. The Hulks stock collapsed after the beating that Zeus gave him lmao! It wouldn't have been this bad if ya'll hadn't overhyped him so much.

Surfer isn't Zeus and its not a low showing for Hulk to get his a** whipped by a peak skyfather.

Hulk 10/10.

dmills
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer isn't Zeus and its not a low showing for Hulk to get his a** whipped by a peak skyfather.

Nobody said Surfer is Zeus. We're saying Surfer > Hulk any way you wanna slice it.

Hulk 10/10? So basically you just admitted to creating -in your eyes- a spite thread. Nice.

carver9
Nobody said Surfer is Zeus. We're saying Surfer > Hulk any way you wanna slice it.

Hulk 10/10? So basically you just admitted to creating a spite thread. Nice.

Lol... I only said 10/10 because I am angry and Surfer isn't getting the majority against Hulk in a fist fight.

I only created this thread because of me and Bently argument. I always thought of it as a stomp.

dmills
Lol... I only said 10/10 because I am angry and Surfer isn't getting the majority against Hulk in a fist fight. I only created this thread because of me and Bently argument. I always thought of it as a stomp.

Sigh. Carver read what you just said, and tell me what's wrong there.

Black bolt z
So it's a combo of bait and spite, with a little butt hurt added in for good measure? Is there a chuckle emote? There made me chuckle.

carver9

IMO... a stomp ranges from 8 wins or over... not a 10/10.

Surfer could POSSIBLY pull a win or 2...

dmills
Lol... I only said 10/10 because I am angry and Surfer isn't getting the majority against Hulk in a fist fight.

I only created this thread because of me and Bently argument. I always thought of it as a stomp.

IMO... a stomp ranges from 8 wins or over... not a 10/10.

Surfer could POSSIBLY pull a win or 2...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/Ren1345/th_facepalm.png

carver9
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/Ren1345/th_facepalm.png

Lol... that was what you were talking about right?

Did I say something else wrong?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Don't worry Carver, I think your doing great. Keep it up. thumb up

Dmills is on his last legs.

iceman24567
Lol at carvers contradiction ....again

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Lol at carvers contradiction ....again

Lol...

I almost told you something iceman.

I'm going to leave it be.

carver9
Don't worry Carver, I think your doing great. Keep it up. thumb up

Dmills is on his last legs.

I hope you are gathering your scans for that battlezone. I am gathering mine.

CosmicComet
Gooo Carver! smile

Now that Banner got his ass humbled, I don't mind him so much anymore. Funny how things often work like that.

dmills
Lmao! You guys are a bunch of cruel bastards lol!

SuperiorTech
Lmao! You guys are a bunch of cruel bastards lol!

Gotta enjoy it now this Pak were talking about couple of issues down the road he'll have Hulk throw a planet at someone and the Hulk wanking will be back in full force.

CosmicComet
It's what I'm afraid of, but its also possible that Pak himself has for some reason grown tired of the Hulk.

His interests just seem to lie elsewhere atm.

carver9
Zeus is just a badass character. That fight alone made him one of my faves.

Nihilist
Hulk cant put down Surfer, he aint physicaly able to do it in a fist fight.

Go with a draw.

Bentley
Wait a sec, did I have something to do with this thread? It isn't even that bad of a thread.

What does it have to do with the argument we had?

-Pr-
Hulk. H2H fighting really isn't Norrin's strong suit.

TricksterPriest
Did Hulk actually hurt Zeus or something? Why the hell is he getting the nod against a Surfer who doesn't ***** out in fights anymore?

Sirius77
Well, imo Hulk could beat surfer in a fistfight. I know that hulk is capable of knocking him out, but the instance was somewhat of a sucker punch and he was battling all of the warbound before that and doing quite well. I would use the amp argument, but I dont know how much he can amp.

So it's probably a draw.

GRIMNIR
If Silver Surfer could use all his powers then he win
As it is a brawl Hulk wins
Silver Surfer only has a fraction of Galactus' power cosmic, he cannot amp himself upto level of Galactus strength.
Hulk's upper limit is way higher than Silver Surfer.

Fifthchild
Did Hulk actually hurt Zeus or something? Why the hell is he getting the nod against a Surfer who doesn't ***** out in fights anymore?

On the contrary I dont see why Surfer is getting so much credit here - hes never looked much good in fisticuffs at all and theres never been a clearcut example of him amping his own strength to any notable degree. I think the best example was when he stopped Rhinos charge, but Rhino is hardly the Juggernaut.

Him and Namor pretty handily failed to restrain the Savage Hulk in the Order mini so if he could have amped up to approach or overpower Hulk at will then i imagine he would have tried to do so there where he was most certainly in a more ruthless state of mind.

As for Planet Hulk its probably his most capable appearance as a fighter though i dont agree that he handled Hulk and the Warbound at the same time. The sequence of events is:

1 Hulk says hello to Surfer
2 Sufer leads off with an almighty suckerpunch
3 They grapple and Hulk yells at him
4 Surfer headbutts him
5 Surfer trashes the Warbound
6 Hiroim and Hulk work together to break the disc
7 Surfer stops to thank Hulk
8 Hulk puts his lights out

Both were depowered and both hit the other with all out blows. The Surfer ended up in the bottom of a ditch. The Surfer put down the brief and utterly ineffectual Warbound attack (Miek + Brood then Korg) in a single page that barely interrupted his encounters with Hulk. Surfer looked fast and dangerous but didnt look stronger and while its hardly a clean win in a straight fight I think it shows pretty clearly that Hulk hits harder (the Surfer also had his board and a mace that was crackling with energy throughout the fight that i suppose he wont have here). Surfer did well to recover in a decent timeframe though.

And as for the first question the single punch that Hulk landed in their fight did seem to cause Zeus at least some pain.

comicdude
SS stomps

Philosophía
This board is hopeless.

Starscream M

comicdude

comicdude
Originally posted by Starscream M
why? pls elaborate

Because the people who say Hulk wins know nothing about SS and the ful scape of his abilities.

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by comicdude
Because the people who say Hulk wins know nothing about SS and the ful scape of his abilities.

it is a fist fight and brawl, surfer cannot use full scope of his abilities

if he could surfer wins no problem

comicdude
Originally posted by GRIMNIR
it is a fist fight and brawl, surfer cannot use full scope of his abilities

if he could surfer wins no problem

SS is much faster, he's used his Speed in a few fights, also, what's to stop him from draining Hulk?

dmills
Originally posted by Fifthchild
On the contrary I dont see why Surfer is getting so much credit here - hes never looked much good in fisticuffs at all and theres never been a clearcut example of him amping his own strength to any notable degree. I think the best example was when he stopped Rhinos charge, but Rhino is hardly the Juggernaut.

Him and Namor pretty handily failed to restrain the Savage Hulk in the Order mini so if he could have amped up to approach or overpower Hulk at will then i imagine he would have tried to do so there where he was most certainly in a more ruthless state of mind.

As for Planet Hulk its probably his most capable appearance as a fighter though i dont agree that he handled Hulk and the Warbound at the same time. The sequence of events is:

1 Hulk says hello to Surfer
2 Sufer leads off with an almighty suckerpunch
3 They grapple and Hulk yells at him
4 Surfer headbutts him
5 Surfer trashes the Warbound
6 Hiroim and Hulk work together to break the disc
7 Surfer stops to thank Hulk
8 Hulk puts his lights out

Both were depowered and both hit the other with all out blows. The Surfer ended up in the bottom of a ditch. The Surfer put down the brief and utterly ineffectual Warbound attack (Miek + Brood then Korg) in a single page that barely interrupted his encounters with Hulk. Surfer looked fast and dangerous but didnt look stronger and while its hardly a clean win in a straight fight I think it shows pretty clearly that Hulk hits harder (the Surfer also had his board and a mace that was crackling with energy throughout the fight that i suppose he wont have here). Surfer did well to recover in a decent timeframe though.

And as for the first question the single punch that Hulk landed in their fight did seem to cause Zeus at least some pain. Interesting take on the sequence of events. Most notably, the fact the you point out that the Surfer sucker punched Banner, but then later, the Hulk punched his lights out. Was that not a sucker punch as well?

dmills
If Silver Surfer could use all his powers then he win
As it is a brawl Hulk wins
Silver Surfer only has a fraction of Galactus' power cosmic, he cannot amp himself upto level of Galactus strength.
Hulk's upper limit is way higher than Silver Surfer. Why would he need to amp to the level of Galactus strength to deal with Banner?

comicdude
Why would he need to amp to the level of Galactus strength to deal with Banner?

FINALLY
some who agrees

GRIMNIR
SS is much faster, he's used his Speed in a few fights, also, what's to stop him from draining Hulk?

I dont think he could drain Hulk
and even if he could he is not allowed in this fight as rules say fist fight
can only use power cosmic to increase his strength
surfer is fast yeah, but Hulk is not some fat cumbersome oath

comicdude
I dont think he could drain Hulk
and even if he could he is not allowed in this fight as rules say fist fight
can only use power cosmic to increase his strength
surfer is fast yeah, but Hulk is not some fat cumbersome oath

The rules did not forbid draining. He drains him.

GRIMNIR
Why would he need to amp to the level of Galactus strength to deal with Banner?

he cannot get to anywhere near Galactus strength
Hulk strength is higher than Surfer
Surfer has many powers all from power cosmic, much more powers available than Hulk
this is h2h fist fight
only reason someone would say Surfer beats Hulk in fist fight, using none of his powers is just a Hulk hater

GRIMNIR
The rules did not forbid draining. He drains him.

in title it say fist fight
and in first post it say he can amp physical attribute
physical does not equal draining in my book

dmills
he cannot get to anywhere near Galactus strength
Hulk strength is higher than Surfer
Surfer has many powers all from power cosmic, much more powers available than Hulk
this is h2h fist fight
only reason someone would say Surfer beats Hulk in fist fight, using none of his powers is just a Hulk hater No one even remotely suggested that he could amp to the strength of Galactus.

comicdude
No one even remotely suggested that he could amp to the strength of Galactus.

This.

Naija boy
Hulk wins. in a pure h2h setting surfer is beating current hulk. I know hulk isn't the favorite character of most on this board but let's not get ridiculous here, this sentiment that current hulk isn't strong enough to put down surfer with his punches is pretty nonsensical.

Colossus-Big C
hulk

dmills
Originally posted by Naija boy
Hulk wins. in a pure h2h setting surfer is beating current hulk. I know hulk isn't the favorite character of most on this board but let's not get ridiculous here, this sentiment that current hulk isn't strong enough to put down surfer with his punches is pretty nonsensical.

"Current" Hulk can't put down a dinosaur right now stick out tongue

Naija boy

Fifthchild
Interesting take on the sequence of events. Most notably, the fact the you point out that the Surfer sucker punched Banner, but then later, the Hulk punched his lights out. Was that not a sucker punch as well?

Essentially, yes. I thought I had written "both hit the other with all out, unexpected blows" but I did not. I think in Hulks case it was a little less literally a sucker punch since I don't think he intended to catch Surfer unawares though both blows were equally unexpected from the recipients perspective IMO. Still judging by the reaction of the crowd of bloodthirsty gladiator fans the Surfer was able to offer little, if any, resistance to the Hulks series of blows and may well have been KOed after the first punch.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Fifthchild
Essentially, yes. I thought I had written "both hit the other with all out, unexpected blows" but I did not. I think in Hulks case it was a little less literally a sucker punch since I don't think he intended to catch Surfer unawares though both blows were equally unexpected from the recipients perspective IMO. Still judging by the reaction of the crowd of bloodthirsty gladiator fans the Surfer was able to offer little, if any, resistance to the Hulks series of blows and may well have been KOed after the first punch.

didnt surfer get up right after the attack and was fine?

Comics Queen
The Surfer wins this. He is allowed to Amp. He knows Hulks limits. He can simply amp himself beyond Hulks limits and KO him. Hulk would need time to catch up. Surfer is also far more durable than Hulk.

The Nuul
SS would nvr win this.

GRIMNIR
"Current" Hulk can't put down a dinosaur right now stick out tongue

Hulk was the cause of the extinction of all dinosaurs on Earth.
He travelled back in time and had encounter with an asteroid
The asteroid made him very angry so he smashed it and it was sent hurtling through space towards Earth

Comics Queen
Originally posted by The Nuul
SS would nvr win this.
If he were not allowed to amp, I agree he wouldn't. But he is allowed to use his cosmic powers here. He just amps beyond Hulk's durability Limits. And he is still far and away faster than Hulk. he could likely just dodge all of Hulk's punches.

carver9
Originally posted by Comics Queen
If he were not allowed to amp, I agree he wouldn't. But he is allowed to use his cosmic powers here. He just amps beyond Hulk's durability Limits. And he is still far and away faster than Hulk. he could likely just dodge all of Hulk's punches.

Who are you?

GRIMNIR

Hulk's powers are described as limitless
Silver Surfer has a limit as it is stated that his power is only a fraction of Galactus

Hulk's upper limit is beyond Surfer

Most important thing is that all beings below the entities are much too overpowered not just Hulk and Surfer, everyone

Hulk gets most hate because he is one of the most popular characters

Comics Queen
Who are you? Didi. And you are?

Comics Queen
Hulk's powers are described as limitless
Silver Surfer has a limit as it is stated that his power is only a fraction of Galactus

Hulk's upper limit is beyond Surfer

Most important thing is that all beings below the entities are much too overpowered not just Hulk and Surfer, everyone

Hulk gets most hate because he is one of the most popular characters Hulk is not limitless. If he were then he would have beaten Zeus, And not needed a Celetsial tech amp from Apoc.

The Nuul
Didi. And you are?

Carv will nvr get it.

batdude123
Subtle.

Fifthchild
Originally posted by bbrem123
didnt surfer get up right after the attack and was fine?

No. He was down for over 3 pages of people talking and making speeches and trying to kill each other. Youd have a pretty tough time arguing he wasnt unconscious.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/TheHalk/1001937-incrediblehulk95_016_super.jpg

He can be seen lying in the same spot on the next page.

iceman24567
That was a cheapshot and Surfer was tooling them beforw that

Anansi
The Surfer wins this. He is allowed to Amp. He knows Hulks limits. He can simply amp himself beyond Hulks limits and KO him. Hulk would need time to catch up. Surfer is also far more durable than Hulk.
This. I think what people are forgetting is that surfer is more durable than hulk and being allowed to amp with the power cosmic puts him in the same general strength class as hulk. Claiming that he only has a fraction of galactus power really doesn't mean squat since thats totally unquantifiable.

Fifthchild
Originally posted by iceman24567
That was a cheapshot and Surfer was tooling them beforw that

See my post earlier in this thread for a more detailed breakdown of the fight. Surfer began the whole thing with an even bigger cheap shot (with a mace that had energy crackling off it FWIW). Surfer tooled the Warbound (as he should - Miek & the Brood vs Surfer?) but his encounters with Hulk were largely separate from their brief and ineffectual involvement.

carver9
Originally posted by Anansi
This. I think what people are forgetting is that surfer is more durable than hulk and being allowed to amp with the power cosmic puts him in the same general strength class as hulk. Claiming that he only has a fraction of galactus power really doesn't mean squat since thats totally unquantifiable.

More durable?

Might need to rethink that buddy.

Both Surfer and WWH went through a worm hole and Hulk came out just fine but the worm hole koed Surfer.

Hhhmmm

quanchi112
More durable?

Both Surfer and WWH went through a worm hole and Hulk came out just fine but the worm hole koed Surfer.

Hhhmmm Surfer is far more durable than the Hulk. Hulk's healing factor and dynamic strength make him into the monster he is not his durability.

Anansi
More durable?

Hhhmmm
So you think that hulk is more durable if so how much more durable and you could make a list who would you put in between hulk and surfer from surfers durability to hulks just curious. I could never see surfer being disintegrated down to his bones and have to regenerate while it has happened to hulk on more than one occasion.

carver9
Originally posted by Anansi
So you think that hulk is more durable if so how much more durable and you could make a list who would you put in between hulk and surfer from surfers durability to hulks just curious. I could never see surfer being disintegrated down to his bones and have to regenerate while it has happened to hulk on more than one occasion.

I look at durability kind of different than you all.

Badabing
Current Surfer is de-powered. Banner SMASH! biscuits

Deadline
Whats with this current Hulk shit?

Badabing
Originally posted by Deadline
Whats with this current Hulk shit? Because it's the rules. All characters are current, unless otherwise stated in the OP or thread title.
Originally posted by Digi
Debating Format

Rules/Standard Fight Settings
In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself (ex. If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on). However, in the cases where the original poster did not set down any constraints or conditions for the fight, then the match would default to the standard rules below.
Thank you and enjoy.

Deadline
^ I mean whats so different about this current Hulk, that you need to explicitly state its the current version?

dmills
^^^ "Current" Hulk can barely stand up right now wink

Badabing
Originally posted by Deadline
^ I mean whats so different about this current Hulk, that you need to explicitly state its the current version? I think people are saying current because he has Banner's brains. As not to be confused with Savage Hulk.

You also ruined my fun. I had a whole bag of durs waiting for you. sneer

stick out tongue Originally posted by dmills
^^^ "Current" Hulk can barely stand up right now wink Zeus' godly aura worked over his healing factor. sad

durhulk

Sr J-Bieb
More durable?

Hhhmmm Because it drained him via plot device. Surfer had like three plot devices going against him when he was fighting Hulk. The planet stopping him from getting more power, the wormhole draining him, and the control disc hindering him.

You think Surfer can't go through a wormhole or something? It didn't have to do with durability.

I look at durability kind of different than you all. Story of your life.

dmills
I look at durability kind of different than you all.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Story of your life.

laughing

chomperx9
hulk wins, I mean current Hulk eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.