I see JLA is the favorite team around here so what if they fought these guys?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comics Queen
JLA
Superman
Flash Wally West
Kyle with his original ring
Wonder Woman with weapons
Orion with new god tech and harness
Hal Jordan
Martian Manhunter
Firestorm
Maxima

vs.

Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Xenith
Sersi
Quasar
Thor
Beta Ray
Stardust
Black Bolt

For all intents, each team has the same amount of experience teaming and have all kinds of battle strats and preps lined up.

Sin I AM
team marvel ftw.......

Juk3n
Kyle GL is a beast
Wally West can't lose on a forum
Orion with full gear is > everyone but Surfer.
Wonder Woman with full gear is also beastly, probably more than a match for Thor.

Id say JLA win, Quasar is the wild card though, it all comes down to how you match them up. And who can take out the weaklinks fastest on each team to tip the numbers in favour.

Sin I AM
Team Marvel opens with BBs full on scream, then Norrin depowers clark....then rest fall due to numbers

Rage.Of.Olympus
Too many big guns. Split on average. If I had to choose one team, it would be Team 2.

Originally posted by Juk3n
Wonder Woman with full gear is also beastly, probably more than a match for Thor.

no

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Juk3n

I think Thor is the biggest threat to Orion on Team Marvel. The Surfer's legendary glass jaw wouldn't fare too well against this Orion IMO.

My first thought is that the JLA has a huge speed advantage. While in a comic book that wouldn't mean much in this fight, in a forum battle, this gives the JLA a HUGE advantage here.

That being said, Thor and Beta Ray Bill together make a lethal team, so that's the big threat to the JLA here. But I don't think its enough to compensate for several "weak links" on the Marvel team. I've never been overly impressed with either Black Bolt or Stardust, and Gladiator is nothing but a weaker version of Superman.

Whereas the weakest member of the DC team is Wonder Woman, and the rest are absolute powerhouses.

Another problem for team marvel is their lack of a response for the potential telepathic attack from this JLA (Maxima and Martian Manhunter...I mean, that's a lethal combo). And the MMH has used his telepathy to coordinate assaults with the JLA before, which gives them another advantage.

IMO several weak links on the other team, speed and telepathy gives the JLA an advantage in this fight.

Colossus-Big C
team marvel, sersi is roughly as powerful as surfer and actually has better feats than him

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
team marvel, sersi is roughly as powerful as surfer and actually has better feats than him

really?...u have proof of this

MrMind
I don't think JLA is the favorite team around here

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Sin I AM
really?...u have proof of this she has a respect thread

Q99
Originally posted by MrMind
I don't think JLA is the favorite team around here

Yea. It's a very strong team, more-so than pretty much any of the other long-time standbys so it gets a good number of wins here, especially since people often underestimate them, but it's not because people necessarily love them.

Sin I AM
she has a respect thread

yea and so does norrin but u said the she had better feats, and id like u to prove it....unless your just talking out your ass, which id completely understand

JakeTheBank
Wonder Woman w/ Full Gear =/= Wonder Woman with weapons. I'd like some clarification just what she's carrying here. Tiara, lasso, bracers, and the Sword of Hephaestus and possibly an axe is what I'm assuming here. Adding the Armor of Pallas and Gauntlet of Atlas makes Diana one of the most physically intimidating characters here.

Generally, it will be a split as each team is extremely formidable.

As far as JLA being the favorite team here on KMC, it's more like people assume they can throw together some powerhouses with little or no rapport and expect them to defeat the JLA on merit of power alone when the JLA itself has power in abundance as well as the teamwork and tactics needed to back it up. I mean, people treat Superman as a mid-herald at times which is absurd.

Colossus-Big C
yea and so does norrin but u said the she had better feats, and id like u to prove it....unless your just talking out your ass, which id completely understand well if you actually bothered even looking it you would know what im talking about you idiot. she manipulated a blast that could destroy the universe. created an adamantium shield to protect the entire god sqaud (who included surfer and galactus himself) and more

Q99
yea and so does norrin but u said the she had better feats, and id like u to prove it....unless your just talking out your ass, which id completely understand

Colossus's point is a respect thread contains feats.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Wonder Woman w/ Full Gear =/= Wonder Woman with weapons. I'd like some clarification just what she's carrying here. Tiara, lasso, bracers, and the Sword of Hephaestus and possibly an axe is what I'm assuming here. Adding the Armor of Pallas and Gauntlet of Atlas makes Diana one of the most physically intimidating characters here.

That's what I was assuming.

Something like what she carried against Medusa (where she had an axe and non-Hephaestus sword) or this, right?

Black bolt z
Team 2.

Sin I AM
well if you actually bothered even looking it you would know what im talking about you idiot. she manipulated a blast that could destroy the universe. created an adamantium shield to protect the entire god sqaud (who included surfer and galactus himself) and more

i know of her feats, i just find it a bit odd you'd attribute a few high-end feats as being on the level of norrin when her average is low-mid herald.

lft4ded
It's been a while but couldn't Wally lend speed a few of his fastest team members?

I'm a JLA fan but damn. The Marvel team does seem to be stacked! big grin

MrMind
Originally posted by Q99
Yea. It's a very strong team, more-so than pretty much any of the other long-time standbys so it gets a good number of wins here, especially since people often underestimate them, but it's not because people necessarily love them.
I agree with this completely. people on this site generally underestimate JLA.
anyway I'll back JLA for the win here. they have great varieties that give them huge advantage
wally can steal team 2 speed. superman, maxima, wonder woman with gear are all fast combatants with great strength that can physically harm team two greatly, MM can mind rape while going intangible along with maxima's TK.
orion with new god tech is beastly (don't know if motherbox's included in this fight), kyle could give team protection with shield. he got insane power output with the ring and probably one of the most versatile player on the field. then we have wildcard firestorm.
team 2 might have significant energy output, energy projection and energy manipulation. but JLA have great speed that can close up their opponents, with their superior strength I give JLA a solid majority in a physical fight.

iceman24567
team marvel, sersi is roughly as powerful as surfer and actually has better feats than him lol you lyin

carver9
Thor, Bill, Surfer, and Quasar on the same team is making my stomach hurt... too much power. Then add on the physical traits of Gladiator and black bolts scream... team 2 wins this handily.

Black bolts scream alone would cripple a lot of people on the opposing team.

This fight would be insane though.

iceman24567
Wonder Woman with weapons? If that means her sword and shit Jla stomp if not slight majority for Jla Kyles original ring stays at a 100% right? Either way the marvel team lack a proper telepath mind blast will fug them up.

shokosugi
Flash or Supes solos this Marvel team in 2 minutes or less.

Blair Wind

Sersi is powerful, but not in the same level as Surfer. GTFO with that assumption.

she has a respect thread

well if you actually bothered even looking it you would know what im talking about you idiot. she manipulated a blast that could destroy the universe. created an adamantium shield to protect the entire god sqaud (who included surfer and galactus himself) and more

Next time, just post whatever feats you think validate your case from the beginning. Saves time and makes you look like less of an ass for insulting people for no reason.

In addition, Surfer has tons of other feats to surpass those high end ones. Especially when she has feats like this:

Sues force field prevent Sersi matter manipulation powers from working directly on her

http://img129.imagevenue.com/loc1168/th_17033_Fantastic_Four_Annual_25-19_122_1168lo.jpghttp://img17.imagevenue.com/loc831/th_17040_Fantastic_Four_Annual_25-20_122_831lo.jpghttp://img184.imagevenue.com/loc95/th_17045_Fantastic_Four_Annual_25-21_122_95lo.jpghttp://img101.imagevenue.com/loc1062/th_17047_Fantastic_Four_Annual_25-22_122_1062lo.jpg
http://img7.imagevenue.com/loc959/th_17048_Fantastic_Four_Annual_25-23_122_959lo.jpghttp://img215.imagevenue.com/loc508/th_17054_Fantastic_Four_Annual_25-24_122_508lo.jpghttp://img169.imagevenue.com/loc914/th_17056_Fantastic_Four_Annual_25-25_122_914lo.jpg

I'm guessing having two GL's on the team (and Firestorm who basically negates Sersi) wouldn't fair too well for her.

On the actual topic, I'd have to say JLA still wins this. Marvel has heavy hitters, but they lack the ridiculous speed that the JLA has as an offensive tool - speed steel also - and a proper telepath.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.