Emma Frost and Cyclops vs. Sue Storm and Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Falamu
Namor is tired of Emma refusing to leave Scott for him, and one night attacks them both in their sleep. They fight back, and are about to finish Namor, but Sue Storm suddenly intervenes and helps him counter-attack. Who wins?

Glorificus
Unless Sue takes out Emma right off the bat, Emma mind controls Namor and then it's 3 on 1.

Not liking Sue's chances there.

Brockalizer
Frost and Cyclops would win rather easily. Sue's force fields have been proven ineffective against a strong prolonged attack. She wouldn't be able to prevent the optic blast at maximum strength forever and as far as I know her force field does nothing to prevent a psychic attack.

Falamu
But if Namor's love for Sue is stronger than Emma's telepathy, and he resists, I fear that the Scott/Emma relationship shall be most quickly ended indeed...

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Frost and Cyclops would win rather easily. Sue's force fields have been proven ineffective against a strong prolonged attack. She wouldn't be able to prevent the optic blast at maximum strength forever and as far as I know her force field does nothing to prevent a psychic attack.

I doubt Cyke's optic blast would push Sue to her limits, now Emma's telepathy would be the killer.

Bouboumaster
There's, IMO, a very good possibility that Sue clear the field on her own, especially if she's bloodlust.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
There's, IMO, a very good possibility that Sue clear the field on her own, especially if she's bloodlust.

I don't see that happening with a telepath on the field. It really comes down to who gets the first hit in between Sue and Emma. Emma got through Sue's shields in X4. Emma could solo.

optic_blast!!!
Originally posted by HandOfFate
I doubt Cyke's optic blast would push Sue to her limits, now Emma's telepathy would be the killer.

oh come on a full optic blast from cyclops will wipe the floor with sue and namor did you ever see what his full optic blast can do please

HandOfFate
Originally posted by optic_blast!!!
oh come on a full optic blast from cyclops will wipe the floor with sue and namor did you ever see what his full optic blast can do please

Have you seen the stuff Sue has blocked with her force field?

Cyke's optic blast doesn't = Black Bolt's scream.

Robin Dc
Originally posted by optic_blast!!!
oh come on a full optic blast from cyclops will wipe the floor with sue and namor did you ever see what his full optic blast can do please thumb up

Konton
Originally posted by Robin Dc
thumb up

confused

Uh, no.

Falamu
I think Sue and Namor could take Scott and Emma...

Bouboumaster
Namor can dismantle Cyclops rather easely. The only thing that matter is if Sue can protect herself from the tp.

If so, a bloodlust Sue would murder at the very least Cyclops in seconds. Then, it would be a walk in a park for her, even if Namor is against her.

SuperMan103
didn't apocalypse also destroy sue storm's shield with a casual punch/blast? cyclops's optic beam should be at least, if not more powerful than apocalypse's punch/blast. i say team 1 wins more often than not.

Konton
Didn't a depowered Storm dance around Cyclops and take his visor?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
Originally posted by Konton
Didn't a depowered Storm dance around Cyclops and take his visor?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes, when he wasn't up for it, and was being telepathically manipulated.

Originally posted by SuperMan103
didn't apocalypse also destroy sue storm's shield with a casual punch/blast? cyclops's optic beam should be at least, if not more powerful than apocalypse's punch/blast. i say team 1 wins more often than not. didnt her shields hold against him in that scene?

anyway, sue is the most powerfull on the field and would stomp cyclops. emma is the only real threat, but if she cant mindrape sue or takes too long, they're finished.

marwash22
Sue puts a bubble in their brains. 131

^ thumb up she totally would too, nobody likes them

-Pr-
While I don't see Cyclops necessarily busting her shield, it's not something she can casually block either, imo.

Originally posted by 753
^ thumb up she totally would too, nobody likes them

except their fans.

Falamu
Originally posted by -Pr-
While I don't see Cyclops necessarily busting her shield, it's not something she can casually block either, imo.

except their fans.

Heh. But if Namor really is interrupting Cyclops and Emma in their sleep...they're seriously going to be really, really mad. Namor and Sue would be fighting for their lives, while Scott and Emma would be fighting to kill.

Falamu
I'm just wondering: Do Sue Storm and Namor have any resistance against telepathy/psychic control at all?

Falamu
So, um, any new thoughts about this?

Falamu
Any new thoughts on this, guys?

sue and namor win

-Pr-
Cyclops and Emma still.

peejayd
* it's either Emma messes Namor and Sue's brain, and Scott going for the kill... or Sue messes with Scott and Emma (uhm, like a bubble around their heads for suffocation, i suppose), Namor going for the kill...

* i think, the one who made a successful fatal move from either Emma or Sue can turn the tide into their team's favor...

* but i think would go for Emma, being a high-class telepath... so Emma and Scott for the win... smile

basilisk
Originally posted by Falamu
I'm just wondering: Do Sue Storm and Namor have any resistance against telepathy/psychic control at all? I think Namor's sheer arrogance provides him with some level of protection but he has been mind-controlled (though just about everybody has at some point). Sue has been KO'd by TP even through her shield, though it has been shown to protect against some forms of TK. I think it would come down to quick draw between her and Emma though, they can both take the other out.

On the other side, based on some of the foes Sue has faced (Galactus, BBolt, Blastaar, Annihilus etc) I think she can handle Cyke's blasts OK - at least long enough to take him down. If she didn't want to go lethal she could just blind him or put a field around his head so that when he fired he gets the Bugs Bunny finger-in-the-shotgun effect. And I think Namor could take Cyke down.

Tha C-Master
Emma.

Robin Dc
Cyclops.

Sue

gogogadgetgo
Namor

Falamu
Susan is very powerful, no kidding...but we've all seen how deadly and efficient Emma's telepathy is. I think Namor COULD probably kill Cyclops - he might be wounded, certainly, but he's simply too physically powerful and brutal for even Summers to handle. Maybe Frost disables Susan and Namor takes down Scott, and then the two of them work it out?

peejayd
* Emma messes Namor and Sue's mind...
* Scott BFR'ing Namor...

* and Scott is left with two gorgeous women... smile

Falamu
I think it all comes down to who thinks faster, basically, in the end: Scott or Namor, and Sue or Emma. So, like, basically, the more intelligent fighter wins. Sue can pop a bubble in Emma's head, and Emma can take her down psychically. It all depends, I guess...

Mindset
Namor electrocutes them.

does he still have that power?

Falamu
Eh, probably not, but maybe Frost could mentally jumpstart it again...I think Frost COULD defeat Sue and Namor, simply because she can be much more ruthless and blunt than they are: She would not hesitate to kill her enemies (especially a woman who has competed with her over one of her many lovers, and a man who has competed against her main lover for her), and especially not, if they interrupted her intimacy with Cyclops...

Sue and Namor would likely show much more restraint, at least not immediately trying to kill either...

current frost - and, in fact, the one frost from gen-x onwards - would very much hesitate before killing, specially namor who is a former lover, current friend and x-men, but also sue, who is a super-heroine. realistically speakign all these people would have moral compunctions about killing each other and would understand the kind of retaliation it would invite

Falamu
Well, Frost would have fewer compunctions morally about hurting them, at least. Perhaps killing, not so much...but all in all, she is more conflicted and less merciful than the others...

gogogadgetgo
depends on who can think faster. Emma and her mind control or mind blast or sues bubble in the brain

Konton
Why would Emma have to resort to killing anyway? She's more likely to just shut down Sue's access to her powers and disable Namor's mobility or wrap him up in illusions.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
current frost - and, in fact, the one frost from gen-x onwards - would very much hesitate before killing, specially namor who is a former lover, current friend and x-men, but also sue, who is a super-heroine. realistically speakign all these people would have moral compunctions about killing each other and would understand the kind of retaliation it would invite

Tell that to Crystal Van Helden's henchman, she mind controlled a bunch of animals to rip them to shreds and she murdered the Detective who was investigating Adrienne Frosts murder. Xavier let it slide. Warren Ellis his the reset button on her at the end of Gen X.

Besides she doesn't need to use her powers lethaly. She's been playing around in Namors mind without him knowing I think twice now. And Emma got through Sue's shields in the first issue of X4.

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Tell that to Crystal Van Helden's henchman, she mind controlled a bunch of animals to rip them to shreds and she murdered the Detective who was investigating Adrienne Frosts murder. Xavier let it slide. Warren Ellis his the reset button on her at the end of Gen X.

Besides she doesn't need to use her powers lethaly. She's been playing around in Namors mind without him knowing I think twice now. And Emma got through Sue's shields in the first issue of X4. I forgot about the detective, the other one had it coming though. still, killing namor and sue would be another matter.

Falamu
Originally posted by 753
I forgot about the detective, the other one had it coming though. still, killing namor and sue would be another matter.

Yeah, it would be...but, still, didn't Sue's fields break through the Celestial's armor in that one issue or something? Something about her powers coming from Hyperspace, was it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.