The Gorgon and Omega Red vs Thor in Melee Fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
The Gorgon gets an adamantium katana.

Fight in an adamantium stadium.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So no death spores, life drain or stone stare.

Does Thor have Mjolnir? Only is a melee weapon of course.

Can Omega Red use his tentacles?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So no death spores, life drain or stone stare.

Does Thor have Mjolnir? Only is a melee weapon of course.

Can Omega Red use his tentacles? yes, he has Mjolnir. and yes, those powers are banned.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins.

The only possible way they can damage him (Superficial cuts) is through the katana which will be countered by Mjolnir.

Ground and pound like the Hulk and/or he just rips them apart.

StiltmanFTW
TP + adamantium ftw.

JakeTheBank
Given the stipulations, Thor.

srankmissingnin
Gorgon carves Thor up like a turkey, Arkady eats nachos.

Dum Dum Dugan
why adamatium sword, why not give him his standard blade?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
why adamatium sword, why not give him his standard blade?

This one won't break?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Gorgon carves Thor up like a turkey, Arkady eats nachos.

no

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
TP + adamantium ftw.

erm

JakeTheBank
Can either of them survive a full powered Mjolnir swing, much less in an enclosed area where they could be found inbetween Uru and adamantium structure?

Dum Dum Dugan
This one won't break?
Dident grass cutter not break? Only the flawed god killer broke I thought.

Starscream M
why adamatium sword, why not give him his standard blade? why should I handicap gorgon? confused

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
why should I handicap gorgon? confused
wouldent be a handicap. He current posses sword stated to be perfect blade, designed to kill gods, wield by phobos, and used to kill Ares

Also on a side note form another thread. USA is not a democracy, it a democratic republic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ground and pound:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBlitziana2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBlitziana3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBlitziana4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBlitziana5.jpg

There's like a dozen instances where Thor creates shockwaves that take his opponents off their feet and so on. Tactics that would be fatal for this team.

Starscream M

Also on a side note form another thread. USA is not a democracy, it a democratic republic. yeah, you're right. but USA is considered a democracy because there is no country that is PURE democratic.

Dum Dum Dugan
yeah, you're right. but USA is considered a democracy because there is no country that is PURE democratic.
Yes which is my point, because they don't work.

Dum Dum Dugan

There's like a dozen instances where Thor creates shockwaves that take his opponents off their feet and so on. Tactics that would be fatal for this team.
Why? It also knock them away from thor. Not sure why that make it fatal to the team. I doubt he close the distance to them before they got up. But thats just me.

Prep-Man
Thor.

leonidas
since his durability is show far beyond, he could easily just smash the dome. the sound alone would likely kill gorgon and it may be enough to put down arkady. if not, he'd be hurt--badly. thor would polish him off after that.

were it not a metal dome thor's big edge would still be range. he could throw and ko arkady with a solid shot rather easily i'd think. gorgon wouldn't have a chance alone.

if he weren't allowed to throw the hammer, things could be a lot closer i think.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why? It also knock them away from thor. Not sure why that make it fatal to the team. I doubt he close the distance to them before they got up. But thats just me.

I think he could close the distance if he had to. Can you imagine the damage Thor could create if he chose to hit the ground hard? He might end the fight then and there by burying them or dropping them in a fissure/hole in the earth.

There's other ranged tactics like hammer throws etc.

Prep-Man
OR and Gorgon get ROCKED if Thor is serious.

srankmissingnin
Ground and pound:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBlitziana2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBlitziana3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBlitziana4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBlitziana5.jpg

Because it was so effective in those scans right? Both of them will get to their fight before Thor engages them melee, or Gorgon being, a telepath, simply waits for Thor to do it and throws his sword at him and impales him through the face while he is smashing his hammer off the ground...

Dum Dum Dugan
I think he could close the distance if he had to. Can you imagine the damage Thor could create if he chose to hit the ground hard? He might end the fight then and there by burying them or dropping them in a fissure/hole in the earth.
Which he rarely if ever done. I find it an unlikely scenerio. Also Red is 100 classer. I not even sure that would work.

srankmissingnin

There's other ranged tactics like hammer throws etc.

He hits the ground that hard, he throws up a screen of debris and dust... and Gorgon stealth kills him...

Starscream M

There's other ranged tactics like hammer throws etc. this is an adamantium stadium...he won't be damaging anything

Rage.Of.Olympus
You don't know what a stadium is do you?

He hits the ground that hard, he throws up a screen of debris and dust... and Gorgon stealth kills him...

You need to stop before I start taking your arguments seriously.

Which he rarely if ever done. I find it an unlikely scenerio. Also Red is 100 classer. I not even sure that would work.

erm Thor has used shock waves and the like plenty of times.

JakeTheBank
Thor's causing country spanning quakes with his strength alone. It's going to effect the team. To say nothing of planet busting class striking power. Or just hurling Mjolnir at FTL speed. Or homing Mjolnir on either of them with a toss.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because it was so effective in those scans right? Both of them will get to their fight before Thor engages them melee, or Gorgon being, a telepath, simply waits for Thor to do it and throws his sword at him and impales him through the face while he is smashing his hammer off the ground...

Blitzania was tough. She was created by the Evolutionary using Thor as a design.
http://www.chiefs.cymark.net/forum/uploads/peanutbutter/2009-09-27_162712_stfu-amp-gtfo-demotivational-poster-1208138364.jpg

Dum Dum Dugan

erm Thor has used shock waves and the like plenty of times.

He goings into fights causing giant holes in the earth to defeat his opponents? Your honestly going to tell me that be Thor first move? How many times out of 1000s of apearances has he done this?

srankmissingnin
You need to stop before I start taking your arguments seriously.

That's what would happen if Thor hit the ground that hard... we both know it.

JakeTheBank
Shockwaves aren't as likely as Thor throwing Mjolnir and chuckling as it carves them apart with speed, strength, and precision they can't overcome.

srankmissingnin
Blitzania was tough. She was created by the Evolutionary using Thor as a design.
http://www.chiefs.cymark.net/forum/uploads/peanutbutter/2009-09-27_162712_stfu-amp-gtfo-demotivational-poster-1208138364.jpg

u mad bro?

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Shockwaves aren't as likely as Thor throwing Mjolnir and chuckling as it carves them apart with speed, strength, and precision they can't overcome. The Gorgon is fast enough to evade Mjolnir

Omega Red can protect himself with his tentacles

srankmissingnin
Shockwaves aren't as likely as Thor throwing Mjolnir and chuckling as it carves them apart with speed, strength, and precision they can't overcome.

Thor is slower than both of them. Significantly.

JakeTheBank
The Gorgon is fast enough to evade Mjolnir

Omega Red can protect himself with his tentacles

Fast enough to evade a FTL attack? Scans, please?

His tentacles can protect him from 100 ton + + + force and speed put into it? Scans, please?

JakeTheBank
Thor is slower than both of the. Significantly.

Not based on his feats.

Starscream M
Not based on his feats. actually, thor had trouble with logan's speed when they faced off...thor even commented on logan being too fast iirc

whereas gorgon shits on logans speed and OR can match it

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's what would happen if Thor hit the ground that hard... we both know it.

Mjolnir blitzing them to death while Thor sips tea is more likely.

And yes, it could actually do that if he wanted it to.

He goings into fights causing giant holes in the earth to defeat his opponents? Your honestly going to tell me that be Thor first move? How many times out of 1000s of apearances has he done this?

His certainly used it plenty of times for me to easily argue it being a strategy he can use.

It's not always his first move, but it's one that his done a noticeable amount of time.

Starscream M

His tentacles can protect him from 100 ton + + + force and speed put into it? Scans, please? thor doesn't usually toss Mjolnir ftl

OR defended against Colossus (who is stronger than 100 ton) with his tentacles

srankmissingnin

He doesn't need to be fast enough to avoid an FTL attack, he needs to be fast enough to avoid Thor's aim... which he is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
actually, thor had trouble with logan's speed when they faced off...thor even commented on logan being too fast iirc

whereas gorgon shits on logans speed and OR can match it

Referencing perhaps Thor's lowest speed showing ever shouldn't be your go to option because I might actually take the time to use Thor's highest showings ever.

Hint: Omega Red and Gorgon die.

Prep-Man
Just because OR can defend against Colossus (who's lower cl 100) doesn't mean he can with Thor who would crush Colossus like a tin can.

JakeTheBank
thor doesn't usually toss Mjolnir ftl

OR defended against Colossus (who is stronger than 100 ton) with his tentacles

So, no scans? Even without FTL speed, Mjolnir can home in on its targets. Feats and scans support this.

Colossus =/= Mjolnir's striking power. It's not even a contest.

JakeTheBank
He doesn't need to be fast enough to avoid an FTL attack, he needs to be fast enough to avoid Thor's aim... which he is.

Prove it.

Further more, prove he survives contact from an attack which can and has been shown to home in on its target.

Starscream M
Referencing perhaps Thor's lowest speed showing ever shouldn't be your go to option because I might actually take the time to use Thor's highest showings ever.

I'm referencing the most relevant thor showing...ie him facing a guy who both Gorgon and OR stomp

Rage.Of.Olympus
no

JakeTheBank
I'm referencing the most relevant thor showing...ie him facing a guy who both Gorgon and OR stomp

Lol.

I love this, I really do.

So, we'll reference and use Logan vs. Thor as the go to example for Thor...but ignore everything else that supports him destroying Logan. Cool. And of course, as Gorgan and Omega Red are loosely connected with the character Wolverine, they, by proxy, must beat Thor. Phucking hilarious.

By all means, bust out scans and feats of both them and compare them to Thor's. I trust you will enjoy the end result.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Anyways, Thor wins all day. Twice on Thursdays.

Starscream M
no sorry you don't like it, but it happened

thor's never been depicted as a fast character

Gorgon has

that gorgon is far faster than Thor is not a disputable point, its fact.

Starscream M
Lol.

So, we'll reference and use Logan vs. Thor as the go to example for Thor...but ignore everything else that supports him destroying Logan. Cool. everything like what?

remember, this is a pure melee fight

Rage.Of.Olympus
sorry you don't like it, but it happened

thor's never been depicted as a fast character

Gorgon has

that gorgon is far faster than Thor is not a disputable point, its fact.
no

Dum Dum Dugan

His certainly used it plenty of times for me to easily argue it being a strategy he can use.

It's not always his first move, but it's one that his done a noticeable amount of time.
Prove it. I want 3 examples of him creating giant holes to defeat his opponent.

I not talking shock waves. I talking making a giant hole to engulf his opponents like you suggested.

srankmissingnin
Lol.

So, we'll reference and use Logan vs. Thor as the go to example for Thor...but ignore everything else that supports him destroying Logan. Cool.

You mean like him going shot for shot with pretty much every low speed low skill bruiser in Marvel?

JakeTheBank
everything like what?

remember, this is a pure melee fight

Thor's showings in pure melee?

Prep-Man
Anyways, Thor wins all day. Twice on Thursdays.

Only once on Thursday, because they'd be too busy picking up their teeth and vital organs.

Starscream M

I not talking shock waves. I talking making a giant hole to engulf his opponents like you suggested. its moot...since they're fighting in an admantium stadium

JakeTheBank
You mean like him going shot for shot with pretty much every low speed low skill bruiser in Marvel?

Lowball much?

I just find it funny that you essentially cling on to Thor's low end showings as the basis that these two beat him and when people give you examples of what Thor actually has done and to degrees he has them done them to, you either ignore it or...

Ignore it.

Mindset
Hmmm, who do I troll, Rage or the Wolverine brigand?

This is why I hate these threads. sad

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mindset

Listen to your heart.

srankmissingnin
Lowball much?

I just find it funny that you essentially cling on to Thor's low end showings as the basis that these two beat him and when people give you examples of what Thor actually has done and to degrees he has them done them to, you either ignore it or...

Ignore it.

Because the dozen times Thor has slugged it out with Hulk or Hercules or Absorbingman or any one of dozens of bricks isn't an indication of his skill or speed? Thor can fly FTL, fly and nothing more. Just like Iron Man. Just like Ms Marvel. His combat speed is at best peak human. Gorgon is faster than him. Omega Red is faster than him. Gorgon would cut Thor up the moment the fight began.

Prep-Man
What are some OR speed feats? Taking it to Iron Man?

StiltmanFTW
Dident grass cutter not break? Only the flawed god killer broke I thought.

Both have broken in their fight.

Starscream M
Because the dozen times Thor has slugged it out with Hulk or Hercules or Absorbingman or any one of dozens of bricks isn't an indication of his skill or speed? Thor can fly FTL, fly and nothing more. Just like Iron Man. Just like Ms Marvel. His combat speed is at best peak human. Gorgon is faster than him. Omega Red is faster than him. Gorgon would cut Thor up the moment the fight began. how is OR faster than thor? i agree gorgon is much faster than thor...but OR is prob on par

Dum Dum Dugan
really? dam

Rage.Of.Olympus

I not talking shock waves. I talking making a giant hole to engulf his opponents like you suggested.

Giant holes? Like twice. Once against Loki, and other instance against Mephisto or some other demonic entity.

You can make it three if you use the instance Thor pounded Grogg so hard, he was sent hurtling through the Avenger's island but this one fits the bill more imo:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesDestructionPark2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesDestructionPark3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesDestructionPark4.jpg

Course, it wasn't on the level needed to defeat Omega Red or Gorgon with them being humans and all but the power shown is irrelevant.

There's also this scene:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/SplitsCountry1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/SplitsCountry2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/SplitsCountry3.jpg'

But it wasn't in battle.

Shockwaves? Multiple times.

JakeTheBank
Because the dozen times Thor has slugged it out with Hulk or Hercules or Absorbingman or any one of dozens of bricks isn't an indication of his skill or speed? Thor can fly FTL, fly and nothing more. Just like Iron Man. Just like Ms Marvel. His combat speed is at best peak human. Gorgon is faster than him. Omega Red is faster than him. Gorgon would cut Thor up the moment the fight began.

Shows what you know about Thor. Nothing.

Prove Gorgon is faster than him. Prove Omega Red is faster. Use their on panel feats to show them outclassing Thor. Prove they can withstand having Mjolnir tossed at them and ricocheting around the stadium striking them multiple times. Prove they can endure Thor's striking power with his bare fist, let alone with Mjolnir.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Prep-Man
What are some OR speed feats? Taking it to Iron Man?

He chased down a sports car on foot and was said to be faster than Daredevil. His speed is also on par with Wolverine's who is established as being faster than Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus

facepalm

srankmissingnin
Shows what you know about Thor. Nothing.

Prove Gorgon is faster than him. Prove Omega Red is faster. Use their on panel feats to show them outclassing Thor. Prove they can withstand having Mjolnir tossed at them and ricocheting around the stadium striking them multiple times. Prove they can endure Thor's striking power with his bare fist, let alone with Mjolnir.

CIS on Thor slugs it out like a bruiser because that's what he does and the hammer never leaves his hand. Even with CIS off the fight will be over before Thor can toss the hammer.

Prove that Thor's combat speed is faster than Gorgon or Red.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Thought we had something special.

srankmissingnin
facepalm

Yes, unlike you I don't ignore 99.9% of Thor canon. Do you have a pamphlet I can read to know which Thor feats matter?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Peak human combat speed at best, really dude? I'm not even going to bother.

CIS on Thor slugs it out like a bruiser because that's what he does and the hammer never leaves his hand. Even with CIS off the fight will be over before Thor can toss the hammer.

Prove that Thor's combat speed is faster than Gorgon or Red.

So it's clear you don't read much Thor if any at all. Thor's tossed his hammer so many times I devoted an entire section to it.

Prep-Man
He chased down a sports car on foot and was said to be faster than Daredevil. His speed is also on par with Wolverine's who is established as being faster than Thor.

Thor was said to have ftl reflexes.

JakeTheBank

It's been shown he does multiple times at that.

But no, clearly, we'll judge Thor soley on the fight with Wolverine, as that fight is clearly the measuring stick of how Thor handles any and all foes, especially the Wolvie-centric ones. I mean, it's not even subtle anymore, guys.

C'mon.

srankmissingnin
Peak human combat speed at best, really dude? I'm not even going to bother.

Don't kind yourself, you aren't bothering because there is nothing to support your claim... that is unless you believe those examples of Thor blocking lasers are proof of FLT reflexes like OneDumb does? In which case Punisher has FTL reflexes!!!! eek!

srankmissingnin

"As fast as lightening" != FLT reflexes. Provide me a single example where Thor is stated to have FTL reflexes.

JakeTheBank
Thor moved too fast for Heimdall's senses.

/thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Don't kind yourself, you aren't bothering because there is nothing to support your claim... that is unless you believe those examples of Thor blocking lasers are proof of FLT reflexes like OneDumb does? In which case Punisher has FTL reflexes!!!! eek!

Silly little man. I'm not going to bother. Sort it out for yourself:

Rage.Of.Olympus

carver9
Gorgon solos 8/10

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Gorgon solos 8/10

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/spiritoftruth-1.jpg

srankmissingnin

srankmissingnin

Hyperion Prime

When did red become 100 class. I beleive you, but I always thought he was class 10 or something.

srankmissingnin
Gorgon is faster than Wolverine. Omega Red is as fast as Wolverine. Wolverine has faster reflexes and combat speed than Thor.

JakeTheBank
Lol @ posting all these Logan scans.

Guess a nerve was touched.

srankmissingnin
Lol @ posting all these Logan scans.

Guess a nerve was touched.

They're Wolverine villains. Wolverine has superior speed feats than Thor. Gorgon is faster than Wolverine. Do the math.

JakeTheBank
They're Wolverine villains. Wolverine has superior speed feats than Thor. Gorgon is faster than Wolverine. Do the math.

So we're going to ignore all of Thor's superhuman feats of speed? We're going to ignore him moving too fast for Heimdall, and that single instance alone blows everything Wolverine or Gorgan or Red have ever done, by the way - ignore him moving in the span of miliseconds, ignore him seeing, reacting, and successfully attacking foes who fight/move at FTL speeds because "they're Wolverine villains".

Nice how Wolverine somehow becomes the focus point of threads he's not even in.

carver9
Gorgon solos 8/10

Prep-Man
So we're going to ignore all of Thor's superhuman feats of speed? We're going to ignore him moving too fast for Heimdall, and that single instance alone blows everything Wolverine or Gorgan or Red have ever done, by the way - ignore him moving in the span of miliseconds, ignore him seeing, reacting, and successfully attacking foes who fight/move at FTL speeds because "they're Wolverine villains".

It's always like that, thogh.

srankmissingnin

Except you are misrepresenting the feat (shocker!). Thor was too fast for the eye of ambiguous narrator to fallow, not "too fast for Heimdall's senses!" Thor smashed Heimdall's shield and ruptured his sensitive ear drums with a sonic boom. It's a strength feat. None of those scans of Thor's speed are on par with Wolverine's best speed feats.

Omega Red and Gorgon are Wolverine villains with limited appearances. We know how they related to Wolverine, it's not difficult to see who Wolverine is the measuring stick.

JakeTheBank
Except you are misrepresenting the feat (shocker!). Thor was too fast for the eye of ambiguous narrator to fallow, not "too fast for Heimdall's senses!" Thor smashed Heimdall's shield and ruptured his "sensitive ear drums with a sonic boom. None of those scans of Thor's speed are on par with Wolverine's best speed feats.

Omega Red and Gorgon are Wolverine villains with limited appearances. We know how they related to Wolverine, it's not difficult to see who Wolverine is the measuring stick.

I'm not representing shit. It clearly means it's too fast for Heimdall's eye to follow and considering who he is and what he's been able to track with his vision, it's a massive feat of Thor's. Why the hell would it say too fast for the eye to follow and not mean Heimdall? But as this destroys the notion of Thor being slow, you're going to discredit and ignore it (shocker!). Go ahead and discount all of the other super speed showings showing Thor punking people faster than Logan and Co.

This Wolverine and his rogues' wank fest was old then, and it's old now.

Comics Queen
They're Wolverine villains. Wolverine has superior speed feats than Thor. Gorgon is faster than Wolverine. Do the math. What?!!! Thor is faster than Wolverine. Just because he doesn't use his combat reflexes much doesn't mean he's any where near as slow as Wolverine. Maybe you are confusing agility with speed?

srankmissingnin
I'm not representing shit. It clearly means it's too fast for Heimdall's eye to follow and considering who he is and what he's been able to track with his vision, it's a massive feat of Thor's. Why the hell would it say too fast for the eye to follow and not mean Heimdall? But as this destroys the notion of Thor being slow, you're going to discredit and ignore it (shocker!). Go ahead and discount all of the other super speed showings showing Thor punking people faster than Logan and Co.

This Wolverine and his rogues' wank fest was old then, and it's old now.

Because it's a point of reference for the reader? I mean Heimdall even managed to intercept the attack, it was just too powerful for him to parry successfully with a sword. It was the force of the impact that took him down, not the speed. It's not a substantial speed feat, Wolverine has dozens of "too fast for the eye to fallow," narrative confirmations.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Comics Queen
What?!!! Thor is faster than Wolverine. Just because he doesn't use his combat reflexes much doesn't mean he's any where near as slow as Wolverine. Maybe you are confusing agility with speed?

Thor can fly at FTL, he can't fight at FTL. He isn't superman. He isn't even Spider-man.

Comics Queen
Thor can fly at FTL, he can't fight at FTL. He isn't superman. He isn't even Spider-man. Thor blocked Rachel's Telepathic Assault at point blank range. If that isn't super speed I don't know what is.

JakeTheBank
Because it's a point of reference for the reader? I mean Heimdall even managed to intercept the attack, it was just too powerful for him to parry successfully with a sword. It was the force of the impact that took him down. It's not a substantial speed feat, Wolverine has dozens of "too fast for the eye to fallow," narrative confirmations.

erm

And Thor has plenty of those feats as well. Yet...Logan is faster. Thor routinely hits people who are faster than Logan and by exorbitant amounts. Yet...Logan is faster. To say nothing of Mjolnir's speed when thrown or its ability to home in on a target and strike repeatedly while Thor is off doing something else. To say nothing of the impacting force of even a deflected hammer or glancing strike. Yet...Logan is faster and his pals, Gorgan and OR, are going to be "too fast" for Thor to react and somehow slay him before Thor even does anything.

It's absurd.

srankmissingnin
Thor blocked Rachel's Telepathic Assault at point blank range. If that isn't super speed I don't know what is.

It's an impressive but unquantifiable feat. Wolverine has dodged Living Laser and dozens of point blank energy blasts, someone which have been cited as FTL.

srankmissingnin
erm

And Thor has plenty of those feats as well. Yet...Logan is faster. Thor routinely hits people who are faster than Logan and by exorbitant amounts. Yet...Logan is faster. To say nothing of Mjolnir's speed when thrown or its ability to home in on a target and strike repeatedly while Thor is off doing something else. To say nothing of the impacting force of even a deflected hammer or glancing strike. Yet...Logan is faster and his pals, Gorgan and OR, are going to be "too fast" for Thor to react and somehow slay him before Thor even does anything.

It's absurd.

And Wolverine routinely hits people faster than Thor. Wolverine is faster because his speed feats are better. They've been posted for comparison and there are even better speed feats posted in the respect thread that I didn't want to have to hunt for.

Comics Queen
And Wolverine routinely hits people faster than Thor. Wolverine is faster because his speed feats are better. They've been posted for comparison and there are even better speed feats posted in the respect thread that I didn't want to have to hunt for. The best way to figure it out is gage who's fought the faster opponents. Thor has fought beings way outside of Wolverine's league of speed. Can't see Wolverine Tagging the Silver Surfer in a fight in space. or Gladiator.

JakeTheBank
And Wolverine routinely hits people faster than Thor. Wolverine is faster because his speed feats are better. They've been posted for comparison and there are even better speed feats posted in the respect thread that I didn't want to have to hunt for.

The people Thor has tagged are far more impressive speed wise than those Logan has, let's not kid ourselves. There is no comparison. And the whole "it's better/they win/Thor loses because it's Wolverine/Wolverine's rogues" is more than tired.

Fact of the matter is, with Mjolnir, and the decades worth of feats and showings Thor has, he's going to annihilate Omega Red and Gorgon. They don't have the feats to endure Thor's mid-level showings, much less his higher end ones. And throwing Wolvie's feats at me without showing me OR's or Gorgon's doesn't really prove your point at all. Stop low-balling and ignoring what you don't like and get back to me.

srankmissingnin
The best way to figure it out is gage who's fought the faster opponents. Thor has fought beings way outside of Wolverine's league of speed. Can't see Wolverine Tagging the Silver Surfer in a fight in space. or Gladiator.

Wolverine has fought Gladiator, Gladiator even said no force in the universe had given the Imperial Guard as much trouble as Wolverine. Hell in GotGv1 he fought Kallark for a week before he was finally killed. Anyway both Gladiator and Silver Surfer have both engaged in prolonged slug fests with Hulk and he has no trouble hitting either of them... and on more than one occassion Wolverine has shown the ability to dance around the Hulk.

Hyperion Prime
I do know that Mongoose used to run circles around Thor. Thor couldn't touch him at all.

http://www.comicvine.com/mongoose/29-25662/

jinzin
Just because OR can defend against Colossus (who's lower cl 100) doesn't mean he can with Thor who would crush Colossus like a tin can.
What the f**k?

Colossus isn't some weak kid anymore and even when he was he was fighting guys like Gladiator in h2h arguably more effective than Thor did.

decisions decisions... stick out tongue

But honeslty, I believe in you, you're a pro at this, you can do both! thumbsup

Mindset
Youre always there for me.

jinzin
They did in the comic of the fight, the next comic showed the sword in one piece, I think it was just an artists mistake, y'know, unless Grasscutter can heal itself.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by jinzin
They did in the comic of the fight, the next comic showed the sword in one piece, I think it was just an artists mistake, y'know, unless Grasscutter can heal itself.
Honestly think it going to end up not broken. It was supose to be perfect while god killer was flawed. Storyline wise it make more sense for only one to break.

jinzin
Youre always there for me.

I do what I can for my KMC vets.

@ the thread. Thor's speed doesn't matter, OR can just hold him place, Gorgon walks up to him and stabs him...
Not really much of a fight.

Or Red can just stab him with the ends of his tenticals.

But yeah, Gorgon should be faster in melee than Thor. Thor supporters couldn't even prove that Thor had superior combat speed to Logan two years ago in a feat for feat pissing contest, but you want us to ignore Thor stating ON PANEL that Wolverine's faster than him in a melee fight?
confused
seems...... convenient.

jalek moye
While they are faster than him normally Thor has shown hes fast enough to hit them same with Wolverine. This fight though he Loses and pretty badly since its just melee. With his other pwoers he'd win but with just him trying to brawl them Red holds him and Gorgon cuts him up.

thanos-prime
http://img215.imageshack.us/f/secret22006.jpg/

Either it's a really small sword or it's still broken. embarrasment

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by thanos-prime
http://img215.imageshack.us/f/secret22006.jpg/

Either it's a really small sword or it's still broken. embarrasment
I am pretty certain thats god slayer and I am talking about grass cutter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
the thread. Thor's speed doesn't matter, OR can just hold him place, Gorgon walks up to him and stabs him...
Not really much of a fight.

Or Red can just stab him with the ends of his tenticals.

But yeah, Gorgon should be faster in melee than Thor. Thor supporters couldn't even prove that Thor had superior combat speed to Logan two years ago in a feat for feat pissing contest, but you want us to ignore Thor stating ON PANEL that Wolverine's faster than him in a melee fight?
confused
seems...... convenient.
Originally posted by jalek moye
While they are faster than him normally Thor has shown hes fast enough to hit them same with Wolverine. This fight though he Loses and pretty badly since its just melee. With his other pwoers he'd win but with just him trying to brawl them Red holds him and Gorgon cuts him up.

facepalm

My god. At least pretend you guys know something about the character.

Gorgon will just walk up and stab Thor, Omega Red's tentacles will stab Thor, Omega Red will hold Thor down while Gorgon stabs him?

What the f*ck?

Gorgon would be lucky to break Thor's skin on a good day (For Thor). His not doing any more damage than the Disir did.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What the f**k?

Colossus isn't some weak kid anymore and even when he was he was fighting guys like Gladiator in h2h arguably more effective than Thor did.

Oh please, Colossus' strength is insignificant to Thor. Surviving against the weakest portrayal of Gladiator (IIRC that same writer had Corsair one shot him with his blaster and was also responsible for the Gambit scene years later) hardly proves anything.

King Castle
i know plenty about thor and the BS argument that a adamantium wont do sh#$ to him makes me laugh.. he will get sliced cut off all the same if the blade connects.

Plus Omega red sucking in his life force would allow him to also harm Thor with his Carbonadium.

Dum Dum Dugan
facepalm

Gorgon will just walk up and stab Thor, Omega Red's tentacles will stab Thor, Omega Red will hold Thor down while Gorgon stabs him?

I believe he means OR will brawl with Thor While Gorgon will use the opening to attack.

Rage.Of.Olympus
1. That's not what he said.
2. Omega Red isn't doing anything besides getting stomped in a brawl with Thor. At his highest portrayals, he'd last for a time but only if Thor humors him as he does most opponents.

Originally posted by King Castle
i know plenty about thor and the BS argument that a adamantium wont do sh#$ do him makes me laugh.. he will get sliced cut off all the same if the blade connects.

Plus Omega red sucking in his life force would allow him to also harm Thor with his Carbonadium.

Adamantium is tougher than Thor's skin. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean Gorgon can slice Thor up. People are acting as if his skin is made out of butter or some shit with the claims the midget loving brigade -i.e. Skrank- have been tossing out.

No life force absorption. And I'll laugh my ass off at anyone claiming that using the ability on Thor won't end up with Omega Red dead.

jinzin
Originally posted by jalek moye

lol yeah, I find it humoous how often the "who's faster" argument tends to come up in a forum fight even when the speed gap isn't that great, or great at all, and it definitely isn't a deciding factor in the fight lol.

But in Gorgon's case, he should be significantly faster than Thor in a melee exchange.

srankmissingnin
1. That's not what he said.
2. Omega Red isn't doing anything besides getting stomped in a brawl with Thor. At his highest portrayals, he'd last for a time but only if Thor humors him as he does most opponents.

Adamantium is tougher than Thor's skin. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean Gorgon can slice Thor up. People are acting as if his skin is made out of butter or some shit with the claims the midget loving brigade -i.e. Skrank- have been tossing out.

No life force absorption. And I'll laugh my ass off at anyone claiming that using the ability on Thor won't end up with Omega Red dead.

Please. Adamantium has carved up Thanos. Thor. Absorbing Man. Every member of the Wrecking Crew. Onslaught. Count Nefaria. Even Elder Gods. An Adamantium sword will cut Thor as easily as a standard combat knife would cut your or I, pretending otherwise is disingenuous.

Just like Rogue died when she drained Thor right? dur

jinzin
facepalm

What the f*ck?

Gorgon would be lucky to break Thor's skin on a good day (For Thor). His not doing any more damage than the Disir did.

Red has Carbonadium tenticals with superstrength, there's not one single reason why they can't stab Thor.

Gorgon's sporting an adamantium sword for this fight, again no reason he can't stab Thor.

I took crap from you people for YEARS for telling you that Wolverine could cut Thor, I brought up example after example of him being cut, shot, stabbed, and you wanted to ignore it, and criticizem me instead because some of them were "ambiguous" or "because of magic" even though that wasn't specifically stated.

We had other examples that pertained to Thor and Wolverine specifically but it was "non canon" and also ignored.

Now we have canon material which states and shows that Thor can be cut by Wolverine and that after 2/3 glancing swipes that he doesn't think his durability can hold out for much longer, and you STILL want us to ignore it?

Dude, grow the f*ck up, even if you don't agree with my opinion on the fight that's no reason to belittle me and my knowledge of the character.
Even if all I knew about Thor was what I've seen on KMC it would be enough to make a semi-informed decision, I've kept up with a majority of Thor's career for years now.

I don't think Thor can tank being stabbed several times by people trying to kill him and effectively fight thereafter, I don't think his durability can just no sell Adamantium weaponry and I have plenty of reasons for thinking either of those two assertions a wealth of which COME FROM THOR COMIC BOOKS.

Good lord, I realize we're dealing with one of your faves here, but you think given our relationship on the boards you would be at least a LITTLE more decent with your peers before putting your ass-hat on. no expression

jinzin
Oh please, Colossus' strength is insignificant to Thor. Surviving against the weakest portrayal of Gladiator (IIRC that same writer had Corsair one shot him with his blaster and was also responsible for the Gambit scene years later) hardly proves anything. Right, which is why guys like Thing have knocked Thor about eh?

Silent Master
If both sides are having a good day, Thor is going to win a vast majority.

Spire
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Thor&word2=The+Gorgon+and+Omega+Red

Mindset
Hard to argue against that.

jinzin
laughing out loud

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Spire
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Thor&word2=The+Gorgon+and+Omega+Red

Seems about right.

Bentley
Right, which is why guys like Thing have knocked Thor about eh?

Thing is uber, he can one-shot Logan. shifty

Deadline
The thing is Thor has done better agaisnt guys alot faster than Wolverine, Thor was written down.

jinzin
Originally posted by Bentley
Thing is uber, he can one-shot Logan. shifty

Can and has. thumbsup just ask Bada. wink

Originally posted by Deadline
The thing is Thor has done better agaisnt guys alot faster than Wolverine, Thor was written down.

or aspects of other characters are written down to fight Thor. confused

Deadline

or aspects of other characters are written down to fight Thor. confused

Why would that be the case when hes been doing that for ages? Generally in his own series he seems more impressive.

You wouldn't be saying that if it were Wolverine.

JakeTheBank
This farce has gone on long enough. Omega Red is getting hit and getting one shot. So is Gorgon. They have no way around dodging an attack that is thrown at speeds that beings much faster than they can dodge, and that's when it's a simple straight path shot. If Mjolnir homes in on its targets - something Team Wolvie conveniently ignores or believes won't happen - they're ****ed. They just are. Featblitzing us with Logan - and not Omega Red or Gorgon's own - speed scans while dismissing all the times Thor has been explicitly shown to be operating at high levels of super speed but instead hilariously citing "Thor said Logan was faster than him in that comic and Gorgan and OR are as fast or faster than Logan, so via ABC logic, they must be faster than Thor, therefore they win" is getting out of damn control. We all know Thor tags and hits people like Quicksilver, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, and Gladiator, Hermes, etc. and does so while they are moving at speeds. We all know at absolute worse, Thor's reflexes are at least on par with Logan and co based on the numerous things he's done.

But no. We ignore his entire history in favor for contradictory scans that - surprise - support Logan/Gorgon/Omega Red/Wolverine Community Favorites. Low-balling, trolling, being willfully ignorant, call it what you want. But it's gone on far enough.

There was a reason similar threads to these were closed. Because it's spite against the team and we all know it.

jinzin
Originally posted by Deadline
Why would that be the case when hes been doing that for ages? Generally in his own series he seems more impressive.

You wouldn't be saying that if it were Wolverine.

Like?
Perhaps you could provide us with the ages worth of examples that have him able to contend with faster people than Wolverine based on melee performance alone.

IMO people still have a hard time seperating traveling speed and fighting speed and how those types of speed are distinct from one another.

I can find you a number of examples of Thor toe to toeing it with Hulk, trading blows, and trading blows...and trading...blows.. confused

There's multiple examples of Thor toe to toeing it with bricks like Absorbing Man, Wrecker, Hercules. TONS of guys who are not particularly known for massive feats of speed even times when such an advantage would be necessity to avoid defeat as with Desak, or Crusader where a speed advantage would be crucial.

There's tons of humiliating showings where Thor's speed looks fairly commonplace or unexeptional compared to streets like Spidey, Cap, Wolverine.

Him being basically at his wits end with Mongoose who literally ran circles around him or arguably blitzed by Gladiator.

We could continue these examples in spades, how about the number of fights he's had with Destroyer where again this supposed speed of his would be paramount, when he was toppled and humiliated by Spiderbot, when Ghost Rider took him by surprise by catching a ride on his hammer and kicking him on the roundabout?

Pretty much the whole first act of Siege where he got blitzed by Sentry, and IP was Teeing off on him.

Even while taking out thugs in his current runs he just sits back letting the hammer do all the work.

His entire career is completely littered with examples that show his combat speed as being nothing particularly special.

Everytime anyone asks for examples of him actually fighting at super speeds the examples we get are abysmal in return. An example of him reacting to Surfer flying at him in a straight line, an example of him reacting to IM flying at him in a straight line, an example of him reacting to a TK blast. Ignoring the fact that all of these examples are single strike/block reaction feats almost NONE of them are quantifiable and yet we have people comfortable enough to claim FTL reflexes or some-such for plenty of them even though FTL is never established or suggested.

Thor has on panel statements of being impressed, or at a loss for the speed of others.
These parties are inclusive of people like Balder, Wolverine, and Spidey where Thor has flat out admitted his inferiority against people who ARE well known for their combat speed, who have combat speed feats, who are constantly referenced in regards to their speed.

Why do we need to ignore the wealth of Thor's career just to throw him a bone and give him an advantage in this fight he doesn't actually have?

You think otherwise? Then please provide this wealth evidence.
Though I can assure you that it will be difficult to do seeing as it doesn't likely exist.

Bottem line, if you're of the opinion that Thor fights faster than Wolverine, that's likely an opinion that's the result of cherry picking a minority of showings (most of which are ambiguous, unquantifiable, or unimpressive to begin with) in favor of his entire career which contradicts them to a larger degree.
Thor has stated his combat speed is slower than Wolverine on panel, and there's a wealth of evidence to support as much.
Gorgon being faster than Thor, when Gorgon's faster than Wolverine isn't much of a stretch if it is one at all.

Bentley
Going by elements like duking it out with bricks, Wolverine is slower than Wonderman.

jinzin
This farce has gone on long enough. Omega Red is getting hit and getting one shot. So is Gorgon. They have no way around dodging an attack that is thrown at speeds that beings much faster than they can dodge, and that's when it's a simple straight path shot. If Mjolnir homes in on its targets - something Team Wolvie conveniently ignores or believes won't happen - they're ****ed. They just are. Featblitzing us with Logan - and not Omega Red or Gorgon's own - speed scans while dismissing all the times Thor has been explicitly shown to be operating at high levels of super speed but instead hilariously citing "Thor said Logan was faster than him in that comic and Gorgan and OR are as fast or faster than Logan, so via ABC logic, they must be faster than Thor, therefore they win" is getting out of damn control. We all know Thor tags and hits people like Quicksilver, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, and Gladiator, Hermes, etc. and does so while they are moving at speeds. We all know at absolute worse, Thor's reflexes are at least on par with Logan and co based on the numerous things he's done.

But no. We ignore his entire history in favor for contradictory scans that - surprise - support Logan/Gorgon/Omega Red/Wolverine Community Favorites. Low-balling, trolling, being willfully ignorant, call it what you want. But it's gone on far enough.

There was a reason similar threads to these were closed. Because it's spite against the team and we all know it.

Omega Red can tank Colossus punches with a literal smile on his face and he has a healing factor. He isn't being one shot.

Gorgon.. maybe but again with how fast his healing factor works it's unlikely.

Thor MANAGING to tag people with superspeed WHO AREN'T using it, isn't some great testiment to Thor's superb combat speed, ESPECIALLY when his combat speed is CONSTANTLY shown to be just a little bit superior to the average Marvel brick.

These threads actually have a tendancy to get closed because people with your attitude like to come in throwing a superiority complex around alongside insults while flat out ignoring on panel evidence and what does the evidence say? That there's literally HUNDREDS of fights where Thor's speed isn't portrayed at the level you think it should be at. A look at the overwhelming majority of his career actually takes those into account as well instead of ignoring them for the convenience of your argument.

Though I'll admit, on KMC at least it IS pretty common to think ANY thread with a super strong character versus a character who isn't as strong is spite. no expression

Juk3n
Going by elements like duking it out with bricks, Wolverine is slower than Wonderman.

But Wolverine HAS quantifiable speed feats elsewhere. not just a simple evade or deflect feat, entirebattles taking place at a speed far faster than the majority of thors (what little there is) super speed combat situations.

jinzin

That's not really something to be ashamed of. WM's on the top of the totem pole when it comes to bricks and speed.

You should check out his old series, the guy would rarely take a hit in a fight.

Though it should be considered that one fight with WM was when Wolverine got blitzed from a sneak attack.
The second fight they both landed offensive strikes, Wolverine's just wasn't very damaging on WM's Ionic body. erm

JakeTheBank
Omega Red can tank Colossus punches with a literal smile on his face and he has a healing factor. He isn't being one shot.

Gorgon.. maybe but again with how fast his healing factor works it's unlikely.

Thor MANAGING to tag people with superspeed WHO AREN'T using it, isn't some great testiment to Thor's superb combat speed, ESPECIALLY when his combat speed is CONSTANTLY shown to be just a little bit superior to the average Marvel brick.

These threads actually have a tendancy to get closed because people with your attitude like to come in throwing a superiority complex around alongside insults while flat out ignoring on panel evidence and what does the evidence say? That there's literally HUNDREDS of fights where Thor's speed isn't portrayed at the level you think it should be at. A look at the overwhelming majority of his career actually takes those into account as well instead of ignoring them for the convenience of your argument.

Though I'll admit, on KMC at least it IS pretty common to think ANY thread with a super strong character versus a character who isn't as strong is spite. no expression

Yeah, hate to break it to you, but taking Colossus' low-end Class 100 blows is nothing like taking a Mjolnir strike or hammer toss. Comparing the two is absurd. No one with knowledge of either would compare Colossus' metal fist to Thor and Mjolnir.

Unless Gorgon has a huge durability and healing factor advantage to make up from getting absolutely wrecked by Mjolnir up close or at range, there's no reason to believe he won't be one shot based on who Thor has crushed with the damn thing.

People with my attitude? Lol, please. More like these threads attract the same group of people who believe only WWH level strength can knock out Logan, Logan is just as much a god as people like Thor and Hercules, and people who generally equate Wolverine to people in this thread when he's not even explicitly involved. Said people then turn a blind eye to the wealth of proof offered to them and place various stipulations on scans to further discredit them. "Oh, well, he didn't move like Wolverine did in this scan, so it means jack". Funny thing is, no one is discrediting Logan - again not in this thread - or OR or Gorgon's speed. Yet, you and others turn your nose up at Thor and his various abilities, skill, power, etc because "he's not Wolverine/Wolverine rogues".

It's not even subtle anymore.

And lol at pulling "on KMC-" Why? Because people don't see Wolverine and think he's a god on these forums? It's not spite because Thor's strong and they aren't. It's spite because he's fast enough to tag him with Mjolnir or a thrown Mjolnir and either outright knock them out or stagger them enough to hit them again to outright knock them out. Pretending otherwise is farcical.

Naija boy
Regardless of all these speed, discussions, hhor being allowed to throw the hammer is the killer. Assuming they start on opposite ends of the stadium or at leadt with some form of distance separating them this fight is a no contest. Thor throws the hammer once, it homes in on both of them at hits them way fastier than they can dodge. Fights over. Even if omega red manages to survive the first hit, he will be in no shape to dodge a second one. (gorgon would be koed by the first one of course) As Leo said, if he wasn't allowed to throw the hammer, it would be a lot closer.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Naija boy
Regardless of all these speed, discussions, hhor being allowed to throw the hammer is the killer. Assuming they start on opposite ends of the stadium or at leadt with some form of distance separating them this fight is a no contest. Thor throws the hammer once, it homes in on both of them at hits them way fastier than they can dodge. Fights over. As Leo said, if he wasn't allowed to throw the hammer, it would be a lot closer

Even if the initial throw misses - which is unlikely - the return path will wind up barreling through them. Not to mention if Mjolnir connects with pure adamantium with the titanic force Thor employs when using it, the shockwave/reverberations will be intense. And that's assuming Mjolnir is just thrown in a straight path when it has showings of going in multiple directions, ricocheting, weaving, moving in a circle, etc.

jinzin
Yeah, hate to break it to you, but taking Colossus' low-end Class 100 blows is nothing like taking a Mjolnir strike or hammer toss. Comparing the two is absurd. No one with knowledge of either would compare Colossus' metal fist to Thor and Mjolnir.

Unless Gorgon has a huge durability and healing factor advantage to make up from getting absolutely wrecked by Mjolnir up close or at range, there's no reason to believe he won't be one shot based on who Thor has crushed with the damn thing.
The fact of the matter is that Arkady's a zombified brick level dude, with a healing factor and carbonadium armor.

Deadpool's taken a Thor beating.

Not saying these two can just sit and take Mjolnir's best shots all day, or that they can take one shot swelled up with magic... but yeah typically Thor isn't likely to one shot either of these two.

Though, that's more speculation concerning Gorgon.

People with my attitude? Lol, please. More like these threads attract the same group of people who believe only WWH level strength can knock out Logan, Logan is just as much a god as people like Thor and Hercules, and people who generally equate Wolverine to people in this thread when he's not even explicitly involved. Said people then turn a blind eye to the wealth of proof offered to them and place various stipulations on scans to further discredit them. "Oh, well, he didn't move like Wolverine did in this scan, so it means jack". Funny thing is, no one is discrediting Logan - again not in this thread - or OR or Gorgon's speed. Yet, you and others turn your nose up at Thor and his various abilities, skill, power, etc because "he's not Wolverine/Wolverine rogues".

It's not even subtle anymore.

And lol at pulling "on KMC-" Why? Because people don't see Wolverine and think he's a god on these forums? It's not spite because Thor's strong and they aren't. It's spite because he's fast enough to tag him with Mjolnir or a thrown Mjolnir and either outright knock them out or stagger them enough to hit them again to outright knock them out. Pretending otherwise is farcical.
What the f**k? Yyyyyeah, I'm not ignoring a single thing about Thor in this thread.

You wanted to take a guess at why these threads get closed down, it's not because of spite, it's because of personal hostilities... some of which you obviously just displayed. lol

Also, no, "Teh stronger guy wins" is practically a staple around here. It's something TONS of posters defect to because their vision is too narrow to account for anything aside from the most obvious advantages, and this has little to do with Wolverine, it's not exclusive to his threads.

Thor being able to hit Gorgon with a throw is relatively unlikely due to Gorgon's TP. Thor being able to hit OR is more likely to land, but less likely to put him down, and any attention on one opponent will obviously reduce attention on the other. The speed at which Gorgon fights, and at which OR's tenticals move means this is likely a precarious situation that Thor can't afford to get into.

You're assertions are only farcical if you're shortsiding the duo or lowballing them to a ridiculous degree while opting to pretend Thor has advantages in this fight that he's doesn't.

A typically written Thor is not likely winning a fight with a typically written Gorgon and OR in a strict melee.

jinzin
Originally posted by Naija boy
Regardless of all these speed, discussions, hhor being allowed to throw the hammer is the killer. Assuming they start on opposite ends of the stadium or at leadt with some form of distance separating them this fight is a no contest. Thor throws the hammer once, it homes in on both of them at hits them way fastier than they can dodge. Fights over. Even if omega red manages to survive the first hit, he will be in no shape to dodge a second one. (gorgon would be koed by the first one of course) As Leo said, if he wasn't allowed to throw the hammer, it would be a lot closer.

If Thor's allowed the ability to do the multi target throw, then yeah this isn't a hard fight for him to win, I assumed he wouldn't be allowed this due to the stips of the thread.

Tha C-Master
laughing out loud http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Spider-Man&word2=Wolverine
shifty

jinzin
laughing

Oh wait.. I mean mad
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Spider-Man&word2=kittens

Tha C-Master
Silly goofball. How have you been? You still haven't played that game have you? stick out tongue

jinzin
I've been sick. sad

No..... embarrasment

JakeTheBank
The fact of the matter is that Arkady's a zombified brick level dude, with a healing factor and carbonadium armor.

Deadpool's taken a Thor beating.

Not saying these two can just sit and take Mjolnir's best shots all day, or that they can take one shot swelled up with magic... but yeah typically Thor isn't likely to one shot either of these two.

Though, that's more speculation concerning Gorgon.

What the f**k? Yyyyyeah, I'm not ignoring a single thing about Thor in this thread.

You wanted to take a guess at why these threads get closed down, it's not because of spite, it's because of personal hostilities... some of which you obviously just displayed. lol

Also, no, "Teh stronger guy wins" is practically a staple around here. It's something TONS of posters defect to because their vision is too narrow to account for anything aside from the most obvious advantages, and this has little to do with Wolverine, it's not exclusive to his threads.

Thor being able to hit Gorgon with a throw is relatively unlikely due to Gorgon's TP. Thor being able to hit OR is more likely to land, but less likely to put him down, and any attention on one opponent will obviously reduce attention on the other. The speed at which Gorgon fights, and at which OR's tenticals move means this is likely a precarious situation that Thor can't afford to get into.

You're assertions are only farcical if you're shortsiding the duo or lowballing them to a ridiculous degree while opting to pretend Thor has advantages in this fight that he's doesn't.

A typically written Thor is not likely winning a fight with a typically written Gorgon and OR.

Zombie brick with carbonadium translates into taking Mjolnir shots? Based off of what? Shrugging off Colossus? Again, Colossus' striking power isn't in the same league as Thor's with Mjolnir.

Deadpool's relevancy? And Thor's made Galactus stagger with it, dismissed Iron Man with a swing and has shattered through Thing's jaw and arm with it. The fact of the matter is, neither of them are going to be okay with being hit.

Wild speculation with no proof or anything to back it up thus far.

You're not ignoring anything about Thor...except the stuff he's done and stuff he's capable of.

Personal hostilities...lol. More like blatant lowballing/purposeful misreading/trolling/etc in addition to the fact it's spite.

And funny how you cite my "displayed hostilities" and go off on a tangent about people voting for "the stronger guy winning" and go about taking about "narrow visioned" posters. And don't kid yourself; this thread has almost everything to do with him. His scans are the ones being posted and he's the measuring stick you somehow feel we should measure Thor up to. Not about Wolverine? Please.

Really? Based off of what? Him dodging the intial throw is plausible if not probable at the absolute best, but the return path or the homing ability? What has his TP done specifically to justify him walking away unscathed here?

I'm not lowballing them, that's the point. They are very formidable opponents. Thor is just in another league than them and his feats/scans/history illustrate he has the means to beat them in pure melee. No one is disputing OR or Gorgon, yet you doubt Thor can even do much damage to OR or even be able to tag Gorgon to begin with.

Based on your spin of things or Marvel?

Silent Master
I see a lot of low-balling of Thor in this thread.

Tha C-Master
His balls are supposed to be low aren't they?
I've been sick. sad

No..... embarrasment Oh so that's you bad omen?

I've been messing around on my psp playing the old school stuff. Nothing like the old school. smile

Starscream M
btw, this is melee fight, so no range attacks.

Silent Master
btw, this is melee fight, so no range attacks.

So OR doesn't get to use his tentacles?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>