Prime vs the Hulks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Except in this scenario, Prime won't fly or use super speed, all his other powers he'll use. Fight is to the death in NYC.

Prime

vs

Hulk (WWH)
Doc Samson
Red Hulk (Current)
She Hulk
Red She Hulk
Skaar
Korg
A Bomb

carver9
WWH solos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
WWH solos. WW Hulk isn't soloing Prime.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
WW Hulk isn't soloing Prime.

Not for the majority but I can see him giving him a run for his money.

quanchi112
Not for the majority but I can see him giving him a run for his money. I can see it lasting a bit of time but I honestly don't see WW Hulk beating him.

kgkg
Not for the majority but I can see him giving him a run for his money. Contradiction

chomperx9
which prime ?

Nihilist
WWH solos. Originally posted by carver9
Not for the majority but I can see him giving him a run for his money.

lulz CARVER SMASH, HULK WINS.

Fifthchild
If its to the death Rulk drains him (he can again now) and he gets beaten down. Some on the Hulk side may not survive.

Gecko4lif
Hulk (WWH) - 3-5 shots
Doc Samson - 1 shotted
Red Hulk (Current) - 3-5 shots
She Hulk - 3 shots MAX
Red She Hulk - 1 shotted
Skaar - 1 shotted
Korg - 1 shotted
A Bomb - 1 shotted

Omega Vision
Prime steamrolls them.

TricksterPriest
Even without superspeed or flight, this is a suicide match for Hulk. No version of him can take on SBP.

SquallX
Prime kills them to Death. laughing

carver9
Prime is overated.

What high Herald did prime defeat in his entire series?

Superman, Thor, Surfer, Bill, along with countless of other would give him a fight. I just see Hulk performing better due to Prime being a physical character and as for Nihilist, get off of my sack.

JakeTheBank
Prime is overated.

What high Herald did prime defeat in his entire series?

Superman, Thor, Surfer, Bill, along with countless of other would give him a fight. I just see Hulk performing better due to Prime being a physical character and as for Nihilist, get off of my sack.

Sodam Yat.

Not saying Prime is or isn't underrated though; personally, I feel that in general, he's prone to being both under and overrated on forums. This team, however, is really not going to beat him, though.

Bentley
Prime beat Monarch when he was running out of Guardian amp.

He spends the third second of this fight cleaning the green blood which used to be Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Sodam Yat.

Not saying Prime is or isn't underrated though; personally, I feel that in general, he's prone to being both under and overrated on forums. This team, however, is really not going to beat him, though.

He beat an inexperienced yat that was just thrown on the battlefield after receiving his powers. The rest of his feats are taking on teams which Hulk, Superman, Black Adam, along with others has replicated.

@Bently...

Prime still had the guardian while fighting Monarch and he was on the loosing end of that battle. The only thing he did was rip Monarch suit to pull that win.

Bentley
Destroying the containment suit was quite incredible considering what Monarch did until that point. He also killed the Anti-Monitor.

JakeTheBank
He beat an inexperienced yat that was just thrown on the battlefield after receiving his powers. The rest of his feats are taking on teams which Hulk, Superman, Black Adam, along with others has replicated.

Inexperienced with the Ion power, maybe. Inexperienced as a Lantern, no. Other GLs said he was about as good as vets. How about no-selling Black Adam's punches (magically charged or not, the physical effort put into them was still shrugged off)? He dismissed him with a nonchalant backfist. Not to mention his heat vision completely incinerated Grundy.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
Destroying the containment suit was quite incredible considering what Monarch did until that point. He also killed the Anti-Monitor.

Omg..m

No one is saying that he is weak but he never displayed anything showing that he could run through a high herald.

He destroyed a damaged/weakened anti monitor. His average showings doesn't depict him as anything that you all are saying.

Estacado
Lulz at WWH being more impressive then Prime.

Bentley
Omg..m

No one is saying that he is weak but he never displayed anything showing that he could run through a high herald.

He destroyed a damaged/weakened anti monitor. His average showings doesn't depict him as anything that you all are saying.

Which average showings are you looking for? He certainly pierced Superman with heat vision and shrugged off a charged attack of Black Adam. I don't know which high heralds you know capable of doing either, but those aren't high herald feats, they are higher.

You can keep dismissing his Monarch feat, or his Guardian feat, or even his Anti-Monitor feat, oh and his Ion feat. At the end you'll end up redefining the word Average...

Omega Vision
Omg..m

You mean other than repeatedly running through High Heralds?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You mean other than repeatedly running through High Heralds? I do think Prime wins as 90% of the Hulks are fodder, but what high heralds did Prime "run through" ?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Nihilist
I do think Prime wins as 90% of the Hulks are fodder, but what high heralds did Prime "run through" ?
Depends on your definition of High Herald, but he pwned Black Adam, Hal Jordan, and Guy Gardner like they were nothing.

Nihilist
Depends on your definition of High Herald, but he pwned Black Adam, Hal Jordan, and Guy Gardner like they were nothing. I would say only BA at a push is high Herald, Hal maybe.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Inexperienced with the Ion power, maybe. Inexperienced as a Lantern, no. Other GLs said he was about as good as vets. How about no-selling Black Adam's punches (magically charged or not, the physical effort put into them was still shrugged off)? He dismissed him with a nonchalant backfist. Not to mention his heat vision completely incinerated Grundy.

The fight against ION wasn't that impressive and shouldnt be something to use as evidence... he was new to his powers.

He didn't no sell black adams punches... his head was turning. That fight would have lasted longer if Black Adam wasn't bfred. By the way, during Supes and Adam fight, Adam wasn't damaged at all from Superman punches but that doesn't prove that he is above Supes either, they can just take each other punches.

Hhhmmm, his heat vision took out Grundy and during that same arc, black Adam snatched Amazo head completely off.

Omega Vision
I would say only BA at a push is high Herald, Hal maybe.
I can understand why you wouldn't consider Guy HH, but Hal I think is one of the few Lanterns who's feats put him comfortably in HH.

Black Adam lacks the high end planet moving/busting feats and 'extra' powers that usually get you a High Herald slot, but its proven that he's a match for HHs in a scrap any day. And this was a pissed Black Adam.

carver9
Depends on your definition of High Herald, but he pwned Black Adam, Hal Jordan, and Guy Gardner like they were nothing.

He didn't pwne Black Adam, he bfred him and the next panel, Adam wasn't even phased by his punch. When did he pwn HJ? Guy Gardner isn't high but when did he pwn him?

Nihilist
Edit.

Nihilist
I can understand why you wouldn't consider Guy HH, but Hal I think is one of the few Lanterns who's feats put him comfortably in HH. I can see the argument for Hal and Kyle for high due to the amount of feats they have.

I would place WW3 BA at high herald, also when isnt Adam pissed off stick out tongue

Omega Vision
He didn't pwne Black Adam, he bfred him and the next panel, Adam wasn't even phased by his punch. When did he pwn HJ? Guy Gardner isn't high but when did he pwn him?
Lol. Black Adam being bfred saved him from getting murdered. He was pissed and amping his punches with magic. Prime said they tickled. Prime was the one who wasn't phased, Black Adam practically got laid out and had a "oh shit that hurt!" angry face on.

He pwned Hal and Guy along with more than a dozen other Lanterns at the end of Infinite Crisis.

I can see the argument for Hal and Kyle for high due to the amount of feats they have.

I would place WW3 BA at high herald, also when isnt Adam pissed off stick out tongue
See I don't want to get into this now, because this discussion always takes thirty pages, but IMO there's little indication that WW3 Black Adam was significantly more powerful than regular Black Adam, he was just really really angry.

Black Adam and Superman once had a short scrap were Black Adam was fairly calm, even so he held his own against a Superman who thought he was aiding the villain of the story, Dr Psycho.

carver9
Lol. Black Adam being bfred saved him from getting murdered. He was pissed and amping his punches with magic. Prime said they tickled. Prime was the one who wasn't phased, Black Adam practically got laid out and had a "oh shit that hurt!" angry face on.

He pwned Hal and Guy along with more than a dozen other Lanterns at the end of Infinite Crisis.

For something not to phase Prime, his head sure as hell was almost doing a 360. Prime was just talking sh**. Then let's not even include the fact that before and after Black Adams attack, Conner and Wondergirl was affecting Prime with their attacks.

Show me him pwning them because I also remember Hal making Prime scream out in pain from a random blast.

Prime didn't have a showing against one HH that entire arc to assume that he would just run through them.

Bentley
For something not to phase Prime, his head sure as hell was almost doing a 360. Prime was just talking sh**. Then let's not even include the fact that before and after Black Adams attack, Conner and Wondergirl was affecting Prime with their attacks.

Show me him pwning them because I also remember Hal making Prime scream out in pain from a random blast.

Prime didn't have a showing against one HH that entire arc to assume that he would just run through them.

So he was talking shit against Mordru too.

Let me put it this some other way: What has Prime done for you to think he ain't above High Herald? You seem adamant to disprove every showing he has but you haven't point out why you rate him the way you do.

carver9
So he was talking shit against Mordru too.

Let me put it this some other way: What has Prime done for you to think he ain't above High Herald? You seem adamant to disprove every showing he has but you haven't point out why you rate him the way you do.

Different type of attacks. Mordu was shooting magical attacks whereas Black Adam was punching him.

I never said Prime isn't above High Herald, he is low trans imo but he isn't at the level of running through people like Supes/Thor, etc... because he never showed it.

Three shotting Thor, Superman, Hulk... that ain't happening. if Zeus or Zom strange couldn't 3 shot Hulk or a warrior madness Thor, Prime isn't doing it. He would beat them, I agree but I can see each of them giving him a hell of a fight unless you ignore the characters history.

TricksterPriest
L3W. HE ONE SHOTTED TIME TRAPPER, who was himself at the time. That's not uber?

carver9
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
L3W. HE ONE SHOTTED TIME TRAPPER, who was himself at the time. That's not uber?

Hulk one shotted Zom Strange and proceeded at beating his face in. Then we have Rulk one shotting trans/skyfathers, running through High Heralds, along with stomping Odin Force Thor but yet, when he faced Hulk, his attacks ment nothing to him and he got one shotted.

Going by feats... the way you all are just blurting out stuff, Rulk alone would DESTROY prime since his feats are so much better.

TricksterPriest
Hulk one shotted Zom Strange and proceeded at beating his face in. Then we have Rulk one shotting trans/skyfathers, running through High Heralds, along with stomping Odin Force Thor but yet, when he faced Hulk, his attacks ment nothing to him and he got one shotted.

Going by feats... the way you all are just blurting out stuff, Rulk alone would DESTROY prime since his feats are so much better. You are utterly insane. Time Trapper is more powerful than everyone you just named.

Bentley
Different type of attacks. Mordu was shooting magical attacks whereas Black Adam was punching him.

I never said Prime isn't above High Herald, he is low trans imo but he isn't at the level of running through people like Supes/Thor, etc... because he never showed it.

Three shotting Thor, Superman, Hulk... that ain't happening. if Zeus or Zom strange couldn't 3 shot Hulk or a warrior madness Thor, Prime isn't doing it. He would beat them, I agree but I can see each of them giving him a hell of a fight unless you ignore the characters history.

Prime doesn't have the commodity of having the sea of feats that Superman, Hulk and even Thor have; but his feats are very concentrated in the time he has appeared. If Prime is playing around high heralds can hang, but if he goes all out they have no chance in hell.

Don't come and tell me shruging off Mordru is not an amazing feat. I still don't get why ignore all of Prime's feats and try to make them seem as less than they are.

Nihilist
Hulk one shotted Zom Strange and proceeded at beating his face in.Lies, he never one shotted Zom, and the scan Gundam posted in another thread prove that(and you act like Zomstrange was something special). Who did Rulk beat that Prime couldnt, because Rulk didnt beat down anyone special under his own power.

carver9
Prime doesn't have the commodity of having the sea of feats that Superman, Hulk and even Thor have; but his feats are very concentrated in the time he has appeared. If Prime is playing around high heralds can hang, but if he goes all out they have no chance in hell.

Don't come and tell me shruging off Mordru is not an amazing feat. I still don't get why ignore all of Prime's feats and try to make them seem as less than they are.

I'm not ignoring his feats... you didn't name anything impressive enough to suggest that he could run through a high herald. Beat them, yes, 3 shotting them, it ain't happening.

He shrugged off mordu attack because he is immune to magic... just like Wonder Woman shruggs of TP attacks because she is immune to it... just like prime shrugged off kryptonite, because he is immune to it... just like Hulk shrugg off nuclear attacks, because he is immune to it, just like colossus shrugs off magical attacks and lightning, because he is immune to it.

Bentley
I'm not ignoring his feats... you didn't name anything impressive enough to suggest that he could run through a high herald. Beat them, yes, 3 shotting them, it ain't happening.

He shrugged off mordu attack because he is immune to magic... just like Wonder Woman shruggs of TP attacks because she is immune to it... just like prime shrugged off kryptonite, because he is immune to it... just like Hulk shrugg off nuclear attacks, because he is immune to it, just like colossus shrugs off magical attacks and lightning, because he is immune to it.

What about piercing Superman with heat vision? Or the moving planets without anyone noticing? Or puting on the Black Lantern ring and continue fighting? I guess that at least you admit Prime is inmune to magic.

PillarofOsiris
This thread is hilarious.

TricksterPriest
Mordru is at least skyfather, and possibly higher at times. Him not being able to hurt Prime is a big deal.

Bentley: He put on a black ring, and he manifested all 7 ring powers. blink

Nobody seems to be touching my comment on TT.

quanchi112
L3W. HE ONE SHOTTED TIME TRAPPER, who was himself at the time. That's not uber? Do you not realize the context within the scene and why this doesn't apply to anyone else ?

Bentley
Dude, we have been showering Carver with above high herald feats and he still thinks Prime takes an hour to ko Thor.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Hulk (WWH) - 3-5 shots
Doc Samson - 1 shotted
Red Hulk (Current) - 3-5 shots
She Hulk - 3 shots MAX
Red She Hulk - 1 shotted
Skaar - 1 shotted
Korg - 1 shotted
A Bomb - 1 shotted

I mostly agree with this, except I don't think that She Hulk is taking 3 shots. She'd be lucky to alive alive after the first one, nevermind conscious

Bentley
Prime kills 80% of them with a single icy-breath attack.

PillarofOsiris
Dude, we have been showering Carver with above high herald feats and he still thinks Prime takes an hour to ko Thor.

Yeah, I've been laughing out loud (that's the old English phrase for lol, kids) at the "debate" in this thread. WWH taking on Prime alone? It leaves me speechless. And Thor is my all time favorite comic book character and I think he lasts about 1 minute against an all out SBP.

carver9
What about piercing Superman with heat vision? Or the moving planets without anyone noticing? Or puting on the Black Lantern ring and continue fighting? I guess that at least you admit Prime is inmune to magic.

Listen to me Bently... he is above high herald but he isn't 3 shotting any of them.

Moving planets is one of the reasons I put him above high herald even though Gladiator has moved planets as well.

carver9
Mordru is at least skyfather, and possibly higher at times. Him not being able to hurt Prime is a big deal.

Bentley: He put on a black ring, and he manifested all 7 ring powers. blink

Nobody seems to be touching my comment on TT.

He is completely immune to magic... of course Mordu can't hurt him but again, a GL has hurt him, Conner has hurt him, hell, even Batman gadgets has hurt him. Wondergirl did good against him and actually survived his attacks and the list goes on. He was even temporarily koed from a small Nuke from Monarch.

carver9

Thor of all people would give Prime a run for his money. Thor has survived attacks from beings above prime. Prime isn't 3 shotting him but he will eventually lose to Prime though.

I already told you a while ago that Prime is over high herald.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Yeah, I've been laughing out loud (that's the old English phrase for lol, kids) at the "debate" in this thread. WWH taking on Prime alone? It leaves me speechless. And Thor is my all time favorite comic book character and I think he lasts about 1 minute against an all out SBP.

But we have people less formidable than Thor lasting against Prime.

Hhhmmm.

Omega Vision
But we have people less formidable than Thor lasting against Prime.

Hhhmmm.
On their own? Besides Conner I can't think of anyone below High Herald who on their own gave Prime any kind of real fight.

And Conner died in that fight.

carver9
On their own? Besides Conner I can't think of anyone below High Herald who on their own gave Prime any kind of real fight.

Prime didn't kill him...he was responsible for his death by punching him into a device which exploded on him but that's about it.

He never faced a high herald in any type of legit fight for us to even suggest that he would run through one. Yes, he is powerful and IS above high herald but 3 shot ko/kill power on any High Herald ain't happening.

Does anyone have any type of proof that he could one, two, or 3 shot a high herald with his fist besides overating him because again, he straight up punched black adam and black adam was ok afterwards and was in shock that he was bfred from the fight.

carver9
That's sad...

How about I give you all some examples.

Single fights... dominating.

Thor during a rage, not holding back RAN through Surfer.

Rulk, physically OVERWHELMED Odin Force Thor like he was nothing and ran through Savage Hulk and bitched Surfer... Mangog treated Thor like a biatch and basically over whelmed him. Thanos treated Surfer like he was a toy and Thanos has also ran through Thor before along with Savage Hulk.

I can go on for days but the sad thing is you all came name a single feat of him taking out a high herald...

Damn

Gecko4lif
Thor **** up rulks shit

carver9
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Thor **** up rulks shit

Thor f***** up a Rulk that just landed from the moon to earth head first and then after this fall got straight up and fought Hulk. Before this drop he took a direct hit across the face with Thor hammer along with another hit right after this.

Rulk wasn't 100% buddy.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/50534/952820-prime2_large.jpg

Brutacus
Originally posted by Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/50534/952820-prime2_large.jpg

The thread maker did indeed say prime not Superboy prime.
So is it Prime or SBP????

Parmaniac
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
This thread is hilarious.

quanchi112
Thor f***** up a Rulk that just landed from the moon to earth head first and then after this fall got straight up and fought Hulk. Before this drop he took a direct hit across the face with Thor hammer along with another hit right after this.

Rulk wasn't 100% buddy. Correct. He cheapshotted Rulk while in the middle of a fight with someone else and didn't let up. Hardly a fair one on one fight.

TricksterPriest
He is completely immune to magic... of course Mordu can't hurt him but again, a GL has hurt him, Conner has hurt him, hell, even Batman gadgets has hurt him. Wondergirl did good against him and actually survived his attacks and the list goes on. He was even temporarily koed from a small Nuke from Monarch.

Which GL? Ion? He just pissed him off. Conner surprised him, he didn't do any real damage. Wondergirl did nothing.

And Monarch? Seriously? The guy who's above skyfather in power is somehow a low showing?

MrMind
prime punches hulk so hard he turns back to banner. while the rest hulks sh#tting their pants run for their life.

carver9
Which GL? Ion? He just pissed him off. Conner surprised him, he didn't do any real damage. Wondergirl did nothing.

And Monarch? Seriously? The guy who's above skyfather in power is somehow a low showing?

It was Kyle that made him scream out in pain from a standard blast.

Ion wasn't anything special in that arc. I could see Thor doing the same thing to THAT version of Ion. Ion was basically learning about his abilities during his fight against Prime. Nothing impressive.

Wonder Girl didn't do much but Superboy sure did.

The thing about the Monarch and Prime fight waaaasss, it was pretty obvious Monarch was holding back TREMENDOUSLY against Prime. Look at his fight in the arena... or look at the type of blast he used to destroy an entire continent. He didn't use a fraction of his power and if he did, Prime would never have damaged that containment suit. He shot Prime with a simple Nuke and koed him... if he used the power that he used a couple of issues back, Prime probably would have died.

By looking at that fight, Prime was on the loosing end.

By the way, Monarch isn't above skyfather let alone Odin.

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
prime punches hulk so hard he turns back to banner. while the rest hulks sh#tting their pants run for their life.

Why didn't he do that to Superboy, Black Adam, Superman, Wondergirl, etc, etc?

Probably because he isn't so far up the food chain like you are pretending.

iceman24567
Prime destroys this team more durable and stronger than any of these lightweights

CosmicComet
Nary a hero as epic as this man hath ever been written.

http://www.marvelfamily.com/images/cast/prime.gif

I fear for the lives of all the Hulks.

Fifthchild
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you not realize the context within the scene and why this doesn't apply to anyone else ?

Exactly. Its pretty obvious that whatever happened at the end of Legion of 3 Worlds between Prime and the Time Trapper reflected the fact that they were more or less the same person rather than anything to do with how hard Prime hit him.

Fifthchild

Connor fought him again in Legion of Three Worlds and did just as well if not better. More or less stalemated him IIRC. Kid Flash made him look pretty stupid also.

Prime has his not so great showings.

carver9
Originally posted by Fifthchild
Connor fought him again in Legion of Three Worlds and did just as well if not better. More or less stalemated him IIRC. Kid Flash made him look pretty stupid also.

Prime has his not so great showings.

And that is why I say that people like Supes, Hulk, and Thor would give him hell... ESPECIALLY Hulk since Prime is a character that likes to go physical 95% of the time.

TricksterPriest
Flash? Oh come on. He's got a phobia against them. Of course Bart will do well. He still tooled the LOSH.

Fifthchild
Flash? Oh come on. He's got a phobia against them. Of course Bart will do well. He still tooled the LOSH.

The phobia doesnt leave him crying in the corner helplessly. He still tried to take him out and looked kinda silly. A lot of Legion of Three Worlds had Prime looking pretty ordinary compared to how most like to pitch him on battleboards: restrained from behind by Supes, stalemated by Conner, Kid Flash...

He has some great feats and he is obviously and undeniably above top tier but many of his portayals show him as someone who is probably about twice Supermans strength when he matches up with someone and its not like he kills top tiers in one punch.

His heat vision has always looked good however...

Sirius77
It seems that every time there is a thread with Prime in it, people like to lowball. Prime will be wiping green stains off of his boots by the end of this fight, which will not last long. He will be the only one standing.

As far as heralds he has run through? Read LO3W, Sinestro corps and every other appearance he has appeared in. To name a few, Kal-El, Kal-L, Ion, Wonderwoman, Hal, etc... he's a team buster. Thats what he does and has done in every comic he has ever appeared in after COIE.

As far as Bart taking care of him? So what. I explained it in another thread:

Originally posted by Sirius77
Another thing, Bart was amped or had help in pretty much every instance that he's faced Prime. When he sf dumped Prime, he had help from Wally, Jay and Max Mercury, and Barry even came back from the grave to help too lol. In the second fight between he and Bart, everyone always leaves out the part where Bart had absorbed the entire speed force in order to even catch him. So needless to say, Bart was VERY amped when he bled Prime. Notice how prior to that Bart's punches never drew blood. He was also amped in LO3W.

In this scan he says: "I've never felt so fast Jenni. Like there's some huge surge in the speed force." His cousin XS (Jenni) even agrees and replies: "I feel it too Bart! What do you think it means?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Picture030.jpg

(EDIT: Credit to iceman for the scan, I got it from another thread, I don't have my original comp with me and my scans are on that one, and it's at my dorm .)

So yeah, again, Bart was either horribly amped or had a calvary of Flashes with him in every fight he has ever been in with Prime. So it isn't PIS. It isn't a low showing. There has never been an instance in which one unamped Flash has taken on and beaten Prime in single combat. In the majority of these instances, Prime was more or less fighting the entire speed force. So is it a low feat? Never.

It's not a fair calculation to take solely PIS instances to ascertain a character's durability.

Sirius77
The phobia doesnt leave him crying in the corner helplessly. He still tried to take him out and looked kinda silly. A lot of Legion of Three Worlds had Prime looking pretty ordinary compared to how most like to pitch him on battleboards: restrained from behind by Supes, stalemated by Conner, Kid Flash...

How did he look ordinary? He was most of the time taking on every heavy hitter in the legion at once, while often times weakened. He was restrained by supes because he was conversing with him. He proved that he could get out at any point.

Also, let's not forget that in Sinestro Corps, while solar starved under a red sun for a year iirc, and weakened by red stars red solar radiation, and deprived of his solar suit (the only thing feeding him power), it took the JSA, JLA, Teen Titans, and others to even restrain him. Even then, the moment a ray of sunlight hit his hand, he broke out like they were nothing, then took on Ion and almost killed him while laughing. So I think that superman's restraining of Prime in LO3W was one of two things. PIS or a choice on Prime's part. Going on previous showings those are the only ones that would make sense.

Oh, and Conner, I guess they like to wank the character. He's obviously not even Superman level. I see conner as DC's version of Drax to thanos when facing Prime, or even squirrel girl. In fact I hear that he's fighting doomsday for the "Reign of Doomsday" arc. He'll probably draw blood from him too (even though Doomsday doesn't have blood... just watch). It's the "S" on his chest and the good guy effect tbh. That's why I never use his feats concerning Prime when arguing Conner's character.

Nihilist
laughing out loud at comparing Drax to Superboy, Drax was created by a Comic Entity for the sole purpose of killing and he went through several incarnation changes untill he had the right one to kill Thanos, Superboy had no such thing going for him.

TricksterPriest
It's quite obvious Conner is being used as Prime's foil. The Superboy he should have been, etc. Sirius has a point, it's not a fight that should be used to argue for either of them.

Nihilist
Its funny that you always want to disregard anything you don't agree with and call people trolls for doing anything similar... It can't be had both ways.

Fifthchild
Originally posted by Sirius77
How did he look ordinary? He was most of the time taking on every heavy hitter in the legion at once, while often times weakened. He was restrained by supes because he was conversing with him. He proved that he could get out at any point.

I think he looked ordinary in those instances I mentioned ie against Kid Flash, Connor and being restrained by Superman. Connors heat vision even scars him IIRC. I dont recall him being weakened but for the Kryptoninte which was purged from his cells pretty quickly making no real difference. And the only way he got out of Supes hold was through his heat vision.

Ion did fine up until the lead poisoning and im curious as to how the battle would have gone if that hadnt happened.

I think its more the fact that even though you can barrel through a bunch of characters it doesnt mean you have to be as strong as all of them put together. Primes stronger than guys like Superman but seemingly not so strong that they cant hurt him with a punch, restrain him from an advantageous position or that he oneshots them every time.

You are right he's not Superman level and theres obviously a larger storytelling goal behind there matchups but that doesnt necessarily mean it doesnt count in my book, anymore than some of Primes high end feats that obviously support a plot point, story beat or theme. It goes into the mix.

Sirius77
laughing out loud at comparing Drax to Superboy, Drax was created by a Comic Entity for the sole purpose of killing and he went through several incarnation changes untill he had the right one to kill Thanos, Superboy had no such thing going for him.

And Superboy was revived by three of the most intelligent beings in their respective universes for the purpose of fighting Prime. And it worked. I'm not saying the parallel is exact. I'm saying that the two selective plot device characters are similar in the way that they both are able to somehow negate their enemy's obvious superior durability every time

Sirius77
Double post... sry

Sirius77
I think he looked ordinary in those instances I mentioned ie against Kid Flash, Connor and being restrained by Superman. Connors heat vision even scars him IIRC. I dont recall him being weakened but for the Kryptoninte which was purged from his cells pretty quickly making no real difference. And the only way he got out of Supes hold was through his heat vision.

Kid Flash was amped. Prime might have been weakened during the Superman incident (although I doubt it matters considering his showings while weakened). Sun boy exposed him to red sun energy, his armor was stripped, and I believe by this point he had also been drained by a couple darkness users. Going off of memory though.

As I said before, unless Superman's strength is>> JSA, JLA, Teen Titans and others combined, then Prime wasn't being serious or it was simply a PIS instance or low showing. I know it sounds weird, but for a while it seemed like Prime was listening until Superman started talking about his family and Lori. That was just what I got out of it though. Meh.

Also with reference to the weaknesses, I was refering to Sinestro Corps, although there were instances of Prime being weakened in LO3W as I mentioned.

Ion did fine up until the lead poisoning and im curious as to how the battle would have gone if that hadnt happened.

The exact same imo. If Ion with 1,000 years of experience and the guardian power was being warned by all ten of his rings that Prime would kill him (and Prime basically brushed him off as fodder when he got serious), I don't think he would have done much better. Given his opponent though, he did do well though. I agree.

I think its more the fact that even though you can barrel through a bunch of characters it doesnt mean you have to be as strong as all of them put together. Primes stronger than guys like Superman but seemingly not so strong that they cant hurt him with a punch, restrain him from an advantageous position or that he oneshots them every time.

Not necessarily it doesn't, but in Prime's case I think it does. The thing that makes him strong is not the amount of characters he takes on, or even the fact that he pushes planets or blitzes Flashes. It's the ease in which he does it. The writers are not attempting to portray him as an amped superman, they are trying to portray him as what he is: a displaced, psychologically damaged, silver age kryptonian with power that he doesn't fully understand. As such, he does all of the things that superman used to do... all except in the wrong universe under the wrong physics. That's what makes him so dangerous.

You are right he's not Superman level and theres obviously a larger storytelling goal behind there matchups but that doesnt necessarily mean it doesnt count in my book, anymore than some of Primes high end feats that obviously support a plot point, story beat or theme. It goes into the mix.

I can respect that, but his low feats are so divergent from his average feats that it leaves two options yet again: PIS or Plot device. If it's just the Conner issue, then I am inclined to agree that there is either an unrevealed reason as to why Prime has a consistent "Conner weakness" or maybe it's just Prime jobbing to his good counterpart with an "S" on his chest. Who knows. Either way, his average feats make it somewhat null even if calculated with the rest. I do see what you're saying though, I just wish the writers would give us something to work with concerning the issue lol.

quanchi112
Its funny that you always want to disregard anything you don't agree with and call people trolls for doing anything similar... It can't be had both ways. Cosign.

PillarofOsiris
The fact that anyone thinks the Hulks have any chance whatsoever here is a complete joke. I say we make a Hulk vs LT thread next.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.