Sasquatch vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
Fight to death between Sasquatch and Ben Grimm

who wins ?

-K-M-
Walter

Starscream M
ben. I don't think sas can kill ben.

The Nuul
Walt.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
ben. I don't think sas can kill ben.

and Thing can kill Sas?

inimalist
the Samsquanch

juggernaut74
Good fight, could go either way.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -K-M-
and Thing can kill Sas? why not? thing's fists can make sas bleed, and thing might be able to fracture sas's skull

-K-M-
why not? thing's fists can make sas bleed, and thing might be able to fracture sas's skull

Wow, that's a pretty dumb post. Because Walter can bleed that means Thing kills him? That is dumb logic.

Knowsbleed33
Walter.

Prep-Man
Thing gets crushed.

Starscream M
Wow, that's a pretty dumb post. Because Walter can bleed that means Thing kills him? That is dumb logic. how is walter gonna KILL thing? walter can KO him, but I don't see walter being able to kill him.

Thing could potentially kill Walter.

remember, this is a battle to the death...not KO.

-K-M-
how is walter gonna KILL thing? walter can KO him, but I don't see walter being able to kill him.

Thing could potentially kill Walter.

remember, this is a battle to the death...not KO.

By following your logic...by making him bleed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sure, and I could win the lottery.

Oh I know and out of the two who is the avatar of the embodiment of death on Earth when it was first commencing to come alive? and who is the avatar of a power that "rules over death and decay, and can implore death and decay as a weapon against mankind". I'll give you a hint...he's not rocky.

What happened in the fight with an enraged Sasquatch fought exo-suit Thing?

juggernaut74
All jokes aside Thing broke Sasquatches jaw when they fought iirc.

Starscream M
By following your logic...by making him bleed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sure, and I could win the lottery.

Oh I know and out of the two who is the avatar of the embodiment of death on Earth when it was first commencing to come alive? and who is the avatar of a power that "rules over death and decay, and can implore death and decay as a weapon against mankind". I'll give you a hint...he's not rocky.

What happened in the fight with an enraged Sasquatch fought exo-suit Thing? I have no idea what you just said...so I'm gonna dismiss it

anyways, thing is hard...sas is squishy...sas can be killed by blunt force. thing can't.

sas might KO thing, and then futilely pound on him while not killing him, eventually fatiguing. Thing eventually gets up and then pounds Sas to a bloody pulp, killing him.

also, thing has never been killed to my recollection, whereas Sas has (maybe alternate version) iirc

Starscream M
Originally posted by juggernaut74
All jokes aside Thing broke Sasquatches jaw when they fought iirc. exactly my point...sas is not as durable as thing. thing is rock hard. sas is not. it isnt that difficult to see who is easier to kill.

juggernaut74
exactly my point...sas is not as durable as thing. thing is rock hard. sas is not. it isnt that difficult to see who is easier to kill. Sasquatch pummeled Thing with repeated blows but Ben kept getting back up. Thing landed one good shot and Walter complained about how much it hurt.

However, I still see the fight going either way.

-K-M-
All jokes aside Thing broke Sasquatches jaw when they fought iirc.

No he didn't

I have no idea what you just said...so I'm gonna dismiss it

anyways, thing is hard...sas is squishy...sas can be killed by blunt force. thing can't.

sas might KO thing, and then futilely pound on him while not killing him, eventually fatiguing. Thing eventually gets up and then pounds Sas to a bloody pulp, killing him.

also, thing has never been killed to my recollection, whereas Sas has (maybe alternate version) iirc

Hillarious. All that text you struggled to read refers to Walter.

Wonders of having a healing factor. He survived a blast that killed the entire Alpha Flight team when they fought the Collective. As noted in the Chaos War: Alpha Flight one-shot Tanaraq protects him from death. Prove he can be killed by blunt force trauma

Actually yes he has, they even went to Heaven and saw Jack Kirby and brought him back to life.

haha seriously? Unbelivable. You really have no clue do you? I like how you ignored the little incident when a pissed off Sasquatch fought exo-suit Thing

Sasquatch was killed by Sasquatch.....and yes Thing has been killed (twice)

BattleMage
Technically, Ben

guy222
could go either way

juggernaut74
Originally posted by guy222
could go either way Yep.

Starscream M
so Tanarq is invoked once again lol

seems like thats a safe fallback option for every sas debate, when you're grasping for straws, just bring up the tanaraq option, and all of sudden Sas is a high herald

which is quite dishonest...because we shouldn't even factor tanaraq at all unless the thread maker specifies it

yes, Sas has a hf...but he has a limit. wendigo was killed by sabretooth (sans adamantium), and wendigo and sas have similar type of durability. Now sabretooth would not be able to even hurt Thing...cuz thing's durability is greater, he doesn't even need a hf.

I do think Sas can KO thing, but kill him? nah.

-K-M-
I don't see that at all, one is the embodiment of death and is protected by a death god from dying.

juggernaut74
I don't see that at all, one is the embodiment of death and is protected by a death god from dying. Thing has heart.

LOL. whistle

Starscream M
I don't see that at all, one is the embodiment of death and is protected by a death god from dying. jeez, obviously that is not in effect for this thread. erm

-K-M-
so Tanarq is invoked once again lol

seems like thats a safe fallback option for every sas debate, when you're grasping for straws, just bring up the tanaraq option, and all of sudden Sas is a high herald

which is quite dishonest...because we shouldn't even factor tanaraq at all unless the thread maker specifies it

yes, Sas has a hf...but he has a limit. wendigo was killed by sabretooth (sans adamantium), and wendigo and sas have similar type of durability. Now sabretooth would not be able to even hurt Thing...cuz thing's durability is greater, he doesn't even need a hf.

I do think Sas can KO thing, but kill him? nah.

Ok?

Actually no, as noted Walter was protected from death due to having a connection with the Great Beasts. That;s not grabbing at straws that's actually stated.

Dishonest? Tanaraq didn't fight exo-suit thing. erm

I like the fact your ignoring the details Thing has been killed....twice. erm

Wendigo vary in powerlevel due to their host. So fail. Wait so adamantium Sabretooth couldn't hurt Thing? You do realize adamantium has cut Thing before right?

haha prove it then.

-K-M-
jeez, obviously that is not in effect for this thread. erm

......Walter didn't turn into Tanaraq when Alpha Flight fought the Collective. He survived as noted due to his connection with Tanaraq. He didn't actually turn into Tanaraq. So yes it has an effect on this thread erm

Starscream M
So yes it has an effect on this thread erm it shouldnt be in effect because that defeats the whole point of this thread

the threadmaker obviously was not aware of this ability of sas

also, I said a adamantiumless creed would not harm thing. creed with adamantium WOULD phuck up thing

inimalist
just throwing it out there, but Walter has a phd and lectures in biophysics...

I suspect if he were able to KO the thing, he could probably think of a better way to kill him than punching. does thing breath? could he stab thing's brain through his eye or nose, ear even?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by inimalist

I suspect if he were able to KO the thing, he could probably think of a better way to kill him than punching. does thing breath? could he stab thing's brain through his eye or nose, ear even? Didn't Venom choke Ben out once using his tongue?

-K-M-
it shouldnt be in effect because that defeats the whole point of this thread

the threadmaker obviously was not aware of this ability of sas

also, I said a adamantiumless creed would not harm thing. creed with adamantium WOULD phuck up thing

point? That's Walter ability, now were going to limit him?

adamantium sabretooth fought the Wendigo *facepalm*

Starscream M

I suspect if he were able to KO the thing, he could probably think of a better way to kill him than punching. does thing breath? could he stab thing's brain through his eye or nose, ear even? lol stab thing's brain through his eye or nose or ear?

walter might have a phd in biophysics...but you certainly don't!

Starscream M
point? That's Walter ability, now were going to limit him?

adamantium sabretooth fought the Wendigo *facepalm* yes, we're gonna limit a factor that would otherwise render the thread pointless

ok my bad, didn't know it was adamantium creed that did wendigo in

-K-M-
lol stab thing's brain through his eye or nose or ear?

.....you can stab the brain through the eye or ear.

http://news1.capitalbay.com/news/woman_stabbed_high_heel_through.html

inimalist
lol stab thing's brain through his eye or nose or ear?

?

there are holes in your skull in all of those places... iirc Egyptians pulled the brain through the nose

EDIT: yup, http://www.blurtit.com/q302826.html

Starscream M
lol so ben's skull is akin to an average human skull?!!

not to mention, sas doesn't have some hyperextended nails...if he wants to pick thing's boogers or earwax, he can try...but i doubt he can get at thing's brain through those openings.

-K-M-

not to mention, sas doesn't have some hyperextended nails...if he wants to pick thing's boogers or earwax, he can try...but i doubt he can get at thing's brain through those openings.

Walter is physically bigger then Thing including his hands and add on the fact he has claws too? Yeah he could stab Thing's brain.

inimalist

it doesn't have holes in it? can you support that?

Ben's KO'd, I'm assuming sas has a moment to fashion a simple tool. Its not like he is performing surgery

all I'm saying is that you are sort of limiting the options available to someone who knows a lot about biology down to: punch and scratch

also, why couldn't sas choke him?

tkitna

Are you being serious? I cant tell if your being sarcastic here or not.

A hundred tonner keeps beating on a foe he just knocked out and that character is going to miraculously wake up and beat the character that just kicked his ass to death?

Wow

Starscream M
it doesn't have holes in it? can you support that?

Ben's KO'd, I'm assuming sas has a moment to fashion a simple tool. Its not like he is performing surgery

all I'm saying is that you are sort of limiting the options available to someone who knows a lot about biology down to: punch and scratch

also, why couldn't sas choke him? is sas gonna pull something out of his ass to fashion a brain picking tool?

cuz the default kmc environment is empty.

not sure about the choking thing...has that worked on thing before?

-K-M-
You don't need a brain picking tool to stab someones brain through the eyes. A long sharp pointing thing such as his finger with a claw will suffice.

Starscream M
You don't need a brain picking tool to stab someones brain through the eyes. A long sharp pointing thing such as his finger with a claw will suffice. yeah because Sas fingers are about the thickness of a coathanger right? riiiight?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

sarcasm aside, his fingers are too big to enter any of ben's openings

-K-M-
yeah because Sas fingers are about the thickness of a coathanger right? riiiight?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ummm...regular humans have killed people doing something similar using their own fingers.

Wonders of having a pointy claw correct? My those big old blue eyes are an easy target

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/comics/pages/the-thing.shtml

Starscream M
Ummm...regular humans have killed people doing something similar using their own fingers.

Wonders of having a pointy claw correct? My those big old blue eyes are an easy target

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/comics/pages/the-thing.shtml sorry to burst your bubble, but as biophysist walter would tell you, there's bone behind the eye that covers the brain. walter has no way of getting his finger through the eye to the brain. sorry...anatomy rules. (i know they can be inconvenient sometimes)

-K-M-
sorry to burst your bubble, but as biophysist walter would tell you, there's bone behind the eye that covers the brain. walter has no way of getting his finger through the eye to the brain. sorry...anatomy rules. (i know they can be inconvenient sometimes)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but humans have killed humans doing the same thing. Reality rules. Even the link I posted the lady stabbed her boyfriends brain with the heel of her shoe that went through his socket. A heel of someone's shoe would be no different then Walter's claw.

zopzop

Don't be so sure! eek!

PillarofOsiris
Since when did the Thing become the unbeatable force of nature people are making him out to be in this thread? Did he get a power upgrade that I'm unaware of? If not, then Sasquatch would win this fight quite easily IMO.

King Castle
The thing has always bn able to put up a decent fight with the classic versions of hulk using his wrestling skills.

i could see Ben using said skills against the thing to make it possible to go either way.. personally i would prefer for Ben to win in a fight between these two.

parring tanaraq argument of course

BUSTER1
Originally posted by tkitna

A hundred tonner keeps beating on a foe he just knocked out and that character is going to miraculously wake up and beat the character that just kicked his ass to death?

Wow

laughing

dmills
Originally posted by tkitna

Wow laughing out loud

Bentley
Ben Grimm has gotten stronger since their last bout...

-K-M-
Originally posted by Bentley
Ben Grimm has gotten stronger since their last bout...

As has Walter, and he has dynamic strength too.

Originally posted by King Castle
The thing has always bn able to put up a decent fight with the classic versions of hulk using his wrestling skills.

So has Walter, and the thing is sure Thing gives people a serious fight but does he win the big fights? Not usually.

King Castle
b/c he is part of a time and is under written for some one in his weight class.. erm

inimalist
b/c he is part of a time and is under written for some one in his weight class.. erm

or:

his most consistent showings put him at the lower end of the 100 ton class

King Castle
nah, he has the showings to place him with his peers in strength in punching an durability it just they dont let him shine and have him job showing heart so the rest of his team help out... but the same can be said for Sasquatch and the alpha flight when facing the wrecking crew or a wrack tag team of x-men or just logan facing them by his lonesome..

-K-M-
nah, he has the showings to place him with his peers in strength in punching an durability it just they dont let him shine and have him job showing heart so the rest of his team help out... but the same can be said for Sasquatch and the alpha flight when facing the wrecking crew or a wrack tag team of x-men or just logan facing them by his lonesome..

As noted the Crew were amped when they fought Sasquatch, hell the Wrecker has nearly beat Thing on his own.

Umm...Sasquatch has defeated Wolverine in two hits (grabbed him from behind), and the other time he was all over him. 616 Wolverine has never given Sasquatch serious trouble or even come close to beating him. Same can't be said for Thing. What rag tag X-Men are you refering to?

zopzop
Didn't Thing and Sasquatch fight during Infinity Crusade 5? Thing had him dead to rights till Gammora showed up and KOed the Thing with a martial arts move.

CosmicComet
Perpetual monster men match ups usually boil down to whoever is more adorable being the victor.

Ergo, Walter wins.

Also, this:

-9yVlvwv_hA

vs this:
Vcgv9IzRV9M

Miss the 90s.

-K-M-
Originally posted by zopzop
Didn't Thing and Sasquatch fight during Infinity Crusade 5? Thing had him dead to rights till Gammora showed up and KOed the Thing with a martial arts move.

Not a fight, Thing held Sasquatch and Walter said he was no wear near as strong as Thing. Which we know isn't true, as Thing and others have said Walter > Thing in strength and Walter has the superior feats. The exo-suit fight was not to long before Infinity Crusade and Walter DESTROYED him.

Also it was later revealed the writer was treating Walter as a joke character, as a naked Hulk fell on him from space and while he was knocked out Black Knight used his sword ans shaved his back. Not to be taken serious. Escpeially as in the same series Walter easily defeated She Hulk in a tie-in who is Thing equal (at the time).

Bentley
You just don't want to accept exo-suit Thing is weaksauce compared to current Thing biscuits

Metalmanx

doh

jinzin
yeah because Sas fingers are about the thickness of a coathanger right? riiiight?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

sick
Out of context FTW! laughing out loud

@ KM: 616 Wolverine has never had a proper fight with Walter so there's no point in bringing him up... that said

Squatch for the squash IMO.

mrpress
Close fight, but Tanaraq aside, I'd give the edge to Ben. Both have great strength feats and both have acknowledgement of being superior by the other at various points (sorry, but Infinity Crusade DID happen), but overall I'd have to give the fighting skills and maybe even an edge in durability (although Sasquatch's HF definitely evens things up here) to the Thing.

Batroc
Here's their first fight. At this point Thing was weaker than Sasquatch (as was Colossus). Don't know about now though.

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-13.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-14.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-15.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-16.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-19.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-20.jpg

Bentley
Well, Walter sounded inexperienced there, but I still give Thing the edge in fighting skills and heart.

-K-M-
Originally posted by jinzin
@ KM: 616 Wolverine has never had a proper fight with Walter so there's no point in bringing him up... that said

Squatch for the squash IMO.

Agreed, but I didn't bring it up actually.

Originally posted by mrpress
Close fight, but Tanaraq aside, I'd give the edge to Ben. Both have great strength feats and both have acknowledgement of being superior by the other at various points (sorry, but Infinity Crusade DID happen), but overall I'd have to give the fighting skills and maybe even an edge in durability (although Sasquatch's HF definitely evens things up here) to the Thing.

It did, by prior showings to that and events after that make that showing fall under PIS as per the rules of the forum. You don't ignore countless more direct statements and showings as opposed to one comment that clearly was inaccurate.

Well, Walter sounded inexperienced there, but I still give Thing the edge in fighting skills and heart.

He was, and at the time he had to meditate to transform (meditation pose) and as noted his sasquatch form would be weakened and not at his full power as he needs time to adjust. It was mentioned even in that issue his transformation weakens him.

Walter has pretty much every other real advantage. Heart only takes you so far as shown Thing gives people a fight, but he generally never finishes the deal.

Batroc
Originally posted by Batroc
Here's their first fight. At this point Thing was weaker than Sasquatch (as was Colossus). Don't know about now though.

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-13.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-14.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-15.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-16.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-19.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Thing/MarvelTwo-in-One083-20.jpg

Reading that fight again, it looks to me that by the end they're pretty even. Sasquatch is stronger, but Thing is more skilled and determined. Also, Sasquatch is unable to knock him out. Possibly The Thing is gaining the upper hand by the end, as Sasquatch is feeling his blows, and is ready to quit.
Of course, both these characters have different strength levels now. Thing at least is stronger. Not sure about Sasquatch. He doesn't seem quite the heavy hitter he was in his early appearances, when he was lifting 200+ tons. Even John Byrne, who co-created Sasquatch, claimed he wasn't stronger than the Thing. Marvel needs to reestablish Sasquatch as a mid-Class 100.

juggernaut74
Thing did seem to have a edge at the end of the fight, but that don't mean anything.

-K-M-
Reading that fight again, it looks to me that by the end they're pretty even. Sasquatch is stronger, but Thing is more skilled and determined. Also, Sasquatch is unable to knock him out. Possibly The Thing is gaining the upper hand by the end, as Sasquatch is feeling his blows, and is ready to quit.
Of course, both these characters have different strength levels now. Thing at least is stronger. Not sure about Sasquatch. He doesn't seem quite the heavy hitter he was in his early appearances, when he was lifting 200+ tons. Even John Byrne, who co-created Sasquatch, claimed he wasn't stronger than the Thing. Marvel needs to reestablish Sasquatch as a mid-Class 100.

No, that's Walter's character as he often trys to talk to people as he did with the Hulk. One punch which Walter was quickly back up from is not getting the upper hand

Yes, and as noted even in the handbooks Walter has got and upgrade and as mentioned can use his dynamic strength and call forth more power from Tanaraq. While base Thing is the same level. Even Exiles Sasquatch was getting the better of 616 Thing and she she is weaker then Walter. When did he claim this? I have never heard of this.
-----
For anyone curious this is Walter's fight with exo-suit Thing

After being controlled by Headlok, he makes Sasquatch slip into a blind furry attacking Ben, who at the time was wearing his exo-suit. As noted by Mr. Fantastic, the exo-suit was made to "restore most of the strength he used to possess" and "nearly as powerful as before". Sasquatch dominates him, even stopping Ben from even landing one hit. Headlok also mentions Sasquatch's power increase when he becomes angry "I feel Sasquatch's physical surge".

1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/FantasticFour170-02.jpg
2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/FantasticFour170-04.jpg
3. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight94-04.jpg
4. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight94-05.jpg
5. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight94-06.jpg
6. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight94-12.jpg
7. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight94-13.jpg

juggernaut74
Wasn't it stated in a older issue that he was only 2/3 his normal level in that suit?

Bentley
Is Sasquatch actually stronger than Thing? I mean, Thing used to be a 85 tonner so straight comparision depends on when they faced each other. What are Walter's strength feats?

juggernaut74
Is Sasquatch actually stronger than Thing? I mean, Thing used to be a 85 tonner so straight comparision depends on when they faced each other. What are Walter's strength feats? He lifted the front of a battleship out of the water and he tossed a 250 ton plane against the thrusters. Some people don't think he's written like that anymore though. He was definately stronger back in the day but now I'm no so sure.

-K-M-

-K-M-
He lifted the front of a battleship out of the water and he tossed a 250 ton plane against the thrusters. Some people don't think he's written like that anymore though. He was definately stronger back in the day but now I'm no so sure.

There is no difference from classic to current, heck his current body destroyed his current body.

juggernaut74

In a recent habdbook says Walter base is class 90 and can amp his strength further calling on Tanaraq's power. Thing is still class 80. There is no doubt he is stronger. Sasquatch is class 90 now? I know Grimm is stilll 85 tons though but if you're right handbook or not it's good enough for me.

-K-M-
Sasquatch is class 90 now? I know Grimm is stilll 85 tons though but if you're right handbook or not it's good enough for me.

For years he was only class 70 even in the old days (tossing 250 tons), this was his first official upgrade and as mentioned in the entry he can amp his strength even past his base.

I'm shocked roll eyes (sarcastic)

juggernaut74
For years he was only class 70 even in the old days (tossing 250 tons), this was his first official upgrade and as mentioned in the entry he can amp his strength even past his base.

I'm shocked roll eyes (sarcastic) What are you shocked about? Handbooks are still official Marvel material imo.

-K-M-
What are you shocked about? Handbooks are still official Marvel material imo.

My mistake I thought you were talking about Sasquatch not being stronger then Thing as there is far more examples to support he is then against. As mentioned Exiles Sasquatch who is weaker then Walter was getting the better of 616 Thing

juggernaut74
My mistake I thought you were talking about Sasquatch not being stronger then Thing as there is far more examples to support he is then against. As mentioned Exiles Sasquatch who is weaker then Walter was getting the better of 616 Thing Where was it stated Exiles was weaker?

-K-M-
Where was it stated Exiles was weaker?

In Exiles itself, she has shown to not be as strong or as durable as Walter. Also she is only class 70.

juggernaut74
In Exiles itself, she has shown to not be as strong or as durable as Walter. Also she is only class 70. So 616 Ben was getting a beatdown from a class 70 Sasquatch? Sucks to be Thing.

-K-M-
So 616 Ben was getting a beatdown from a class 70 Sasquatch? Sucks to be Thing.

Not a beatdown. They were even doing a feat of strength between the two and Thing's hide actually started to crack and he had a look of concern so he kicked Sasquatch in the gut to stop the strength competition. She then took him to the ground and was on top and then IW broke up the fight seconds later. Another time, Sasquatch was getting the advantage again and then Namor rushed in to help him which upset Thing, "uh uh. No way am I lettin' that sissy in a speedo save my hash...!"

juggernaut74
Not a beatdown. They were even doing a feat of strength between the two and Thing's hide actually started to crack and he had a look of concern so he kicked Sasquatch in the gut to stop the strength competition. She then took him to the ground and was on top and then IW broke up the fight seconds later. Another time, Sasquatch was getting the advantage again and then Namor rushed in to help him which upset Thing, "uh uh. No way am I lettin' that sissy in a speedo save my hash...!" Can you post scans?

-K-M-
Can you post scans?

Sasquatch (Alternate Realities)
---------------------------------------------
Exiles
Battles
Thing (616)
Exiles #48 :
Rematch from the fight below Thing and Sasquatch test each other's strength in a hand grapple and we see Sasquatch actually cracking Thing's hide until Thing kicks her to stop. The fight is stopped very quickly by Invisible Woman who puts all the Exiles in force bubbles.

1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Exiles48_02_03.jpg
2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Exiles48_06.jpg
3. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Exiles48_07.jpg
4. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Exiles48_08.jpg
Thing (616) & Namor (616)
Exiles #47 :
Exiles travel to the main 616 universe, and come face to face with the Fantastic Four. Sasquatch and Thing have a breif battle, till she throws Thing away and Namor intervenes. She takes several blows from a sneak attack, but with Namora's help in the end takes care of Namor in one blow.

1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/exiles47_18.jpg
2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/exiles47_20.jpg
3. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/exiles47_21.jpg
4. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/exiles47_22.jpg

Knowsbleed33
Walter definitely has the edge in strength, and he's smarter.

Bentley
Thing was going to win anyways.

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Walter definitely has the edge in strength, and he's smarter.

Sasquatch isn't smarter fightingwise. Ben has been scrapping ever since he was a kid-In human form he even held his own against a Frightful Four made up of Wizard, Titania, Klaw and Hydroman.
He takes Langkowski

-K-M-
Thing was going to win anyways.

?

Originally posted by BUSTER1
Sasquatch isn't smarter fightingwise. Ben has been scrapping ever since he was a kid-In human form he even held his own against a Frightful Four made up of Wizard, Titania, Klaw and Hydroman.
He takes Langkowski

Walter held his own against Alpha Flight. Alpha Flight > Frightful Four. yeah and? I think people are avoiding the detail Thing doesn't have an amazing track record against class 100 fighters. Sure he gives them a fight, but does he prevail? More often then not he doesn't

Starscream M
?

yeah and? I think people are avoiding the detail Thing doesn't have an amazing track record against class 100 fighters. Sure he gives them a fight, but does he prevail? More often then not he doesn't thing is more durable than sas...therefore he is harder to kill, what is so difficult to understand?

walter can only KO thing, can't kill thing.

juggernaut74
Has Sasquatch beat any Class 100's?

Starscream M
Has Sasquatch beat any Class 100's? no legit CL100s as far as I know

juggernaut74
no legit CL100s as far as I know There has to be someone.

Starscream M
There has to be someone. not necessarily. sas is only badass when he goes into tanaraq mode.

-K-M-
thing is more durable than sas...therefore he is harder to kill, what is so difficult to understand?

Walter has a healing factor and is protected by a death god, what is so diffuclt to understand?

haha no

Has Sasquatch beat any Class 100's?

Super Skrull, AR Hulk, Great Beasts, etc.

-K-M-
not necessarily. sas is only badass when he goes into tanaraq mode.

haha you have proven time and time again you do not know the characters you debate and have already made yourself a laughing stock in this thread perhaps you should just leave.

Starscream M
Walter has a healing factor and is protected by a death god, what is so diffuclt to understand?

haha no

dood, the death protection isn't applicable in this thread...or else there is no point. jeez

also I bet walter was tanaraq when he beat the great beasts

-K-M-
dood, the death protection isn't applicable in this thread...or else there is no point. jeez

also I bet walter was tanaraq when he beat the great beasts

Dood, that's who he is and his healing factor makes death even harder even if you want to ignore the GB's connection

Nope. Once again you don't know the character your trying to debate. Please leave

juggernaut74
Wasn't Super Skrull battling some kind of sickness when he fought Sasquatch during the fight? I didn't know Sasquatch beat the Hulk, you have scans in the thread?

-K-M-
Wasn't Super Skrull battling some kind of sickness when he fought Sasquatch during the fight? I didn't know Sasquatch beat the Hulk, you have scans in the thread?

Correct, but he was fine until the end of the fight though. He didn't know he was sick, but he knew he couldn't beat walter so was going to do his anti-matter blast and then that's when the sickness took effect.

Yes. Ill do it when I get home. I'm just on my blackberry. Sorry.

BUSTER1
?

Walter held his own against Alpha Flight. Alpha Flight > Frightful Four. yeah and? I think people are avoiding the detail Thing doesn't have an amazing track record against class 100 fighters. Sure he gives them a fight, but does he prevail? More often then not he doesn't

What was the Alpha Flight line up that Walter fought?? out of interest.

StiltmanFTW
Super Skrull, AR Hulk, Great Beasts, etc.

AR?

BUSTER1
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
AR?

I think AR means alternative reality.

juggernaut74
Alternate realities shouldn't be used imo.

BUSTER1

thumb up

Metalmanx
thing is more durable than sas...therefore he is harder to kill, what is so difficult to understand?

What the f**k?

You believe Thing cannot be killed via blunt-force physical trauma?

-K-M-
What was the Alpha Flight line up that Walter fought?? out of interest.

Box v.3 (Walter piloting), Puck, Aurora, Madison Jeffries (also known as Box v.4), Purple Girl/Persuasion, Roger Bochs and Heather Hudson were planning the attack.

AR?

Alternate reality

Except in that reality they were created by Llan, do you know who he is?

BUSTER1
Box v.3 (Walter piloting), Puck, Aurora, Madison Jeffries (also known as Box v.4), Purple Girl/Persuasion, Roger Bochs and Heather Hudson were planning the attack.

Was one of Walter's Alpha Flight opponents (Box v.3) himself?

-K-M-
Was one of Walter's Alpha Flight opponents (Box v.3) himself?

Yes, as it was Snowbird's Sasquatch body being controlled by Pestilence that was fighting Alpha Flight. The same Sasquatch body Walter has now.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Metalmanx
What the f**k?

You believe Thing cannot be killed via blunt-force physical trauma? did I ever say that? no

juggernaut74
Found the Sasquatch vs AR Hulk fight.

1. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/A_Flight7/AlphaFlight75-03.jpg
2. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/A_Flight7/AlphaFlight75-04.jpg
3. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/A_Flight7/AlphaFlight75-05.jpg
4. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/A_Flight7/AlphaFlight75-06.jpg
5. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/A_Flight7/AlphaFlight75-21.jpg

Not a fan of alternate reallities as examples being used as evidence though.

BUSTER1

The Ar Hulk talked like early Gravage Hulk, who was not as powerful as Green Savage Hulk. So that doesn't have any bearing on a fight with current Thing.

Knowsbleed33
Gravage Hulk was potentially more powerful. He was grey and savage Hulk combined. Basically WWH.

-K-M-

Yeah those are my scans I posted in the Sasquatch respect thread

Nor am I, that's why it was not the only example I used.

The Ar Hulk talked like early Gravage Hulk, who was not as powerful as Green Savage Hulk. So that doesn't have any bearing on a fight with current Thing.

Soooo are you saying gravage Hulk < Thing? Also do you know for a fact it's gravage hulk anyways?

Metalmanx
did I ever say that? no

Sure seems that's what you were going for.

Why do you not believe Sassy can kill Thing?

Batroc
In the Marvel Two In One fight, Sassy couldn't even knock Thing out, let alone kill him.

YFZ 350
Thing wins a tough one.

-K-M-
Gotta love the Thing fans reasoning, don't post Thing feats and merely ignore Walters. Why does Thing win apparently? he has heart. If only that was enough.

In the Marvel Two In One fight, Sassy couldn't even knock Thing out, let alone kill him.

haha great logic. Did the fight end? No. Was Walter bloodlusted? No. Did Thing ko Walter? No. Did Thing kill Walter? No. So your reasoning is flawed.

Now did you see the fight between an enraged Walter against exo-suit Thing? I imagine not.

Originally posted by YFZ 350
Thing wins a tough one.

Now how does Thing kill Walter? How would he even bypass his healing factor? and how would Thing bypass the protection of the death god?

Starscream M
Sure seems that's what you were going for.

Why do you not believe Sassy can kill Thing? I don't think he's strong enough to crush thing's skull or his internal organs...all of which is protected by his hard out rock body

thing could crush sas's skull or even his internal organs.

StiltmanFTW
Langkowski wins.

Starscream M
Langkowski wins. what's your argument?

StiltmanFTW
what's your argument?

He's stronger, bigger, more agile, has the reach advantage, a healing factor, claws, brains...

Starscream M
He's stronger, bigger, more agile, has the reach advantage, a healing factor, claws, brains... that's not an argument...that's just listing attributes no expression

StiltmanFTW
that's not an argument...that's just listing attributes no expression

Thing would just get raped, plain and simple. Walter is not Colossus.

Starscream M
Thing would just get raped, plain and simple. Walter is not Colossus. you're right, walter is not quite as durable as colossus. he bleeds much more easily.

Thing could do alot of internal damage to Walter that he couldn't to colossus.

StiltmanFTW
you're right, walter is not quite as durable as colossus. he bleeds much more easily.

Ha. Just because he bleeds on the outside doesn't mean Thing could do more internal damage than to Rasputin. Try again.

Starscream M
Ha. Just because he bleeds on the outside doesn't mean Thing could do more internal damage than to Rasputin. Try again. he def could

walter's internal organs are still vulnerable...colossus internal organs are steel hard.

StiltmanFTW
he def could

walter's internal organs are still vulnerable...colossus internal organs are steel hard.

Not really.

Steel hard? OK, then he should be dead by now eek!

Starscream M

Steel hard? OK, then he should be dead by now eek! what do you mean? why would he be dead?

StiltmanFTW
what do you mean? why would he be dead?

Just playing with you. 'Cause you know, steel hard skin is like a paper tissue in comics. Piotr's skin is not actual steel, it's much more durable.

Arguing that he has better blunt force durability just because he doesn't bleed on the outside is stupid.

Starscream M

Arguing that he has better blunt force durability just because he doesn't bleed on the outside is stupid. colossus has better durability period than sasquatch

but sasquatch may have a stronger chin...ie take more hits to the head before getting KOed. but otherwise, colossus is more durable in every other sense.

TheTyrant
Sasquatch.

BUSTER1
?

Was Walter in human form in this fight then?

Batroc
Gotta love the Thing fans reasoning, don't post Thing feats and merely ignore Walters. Why does Thing win apparently? he has heart. If only that was enough.

haha great logic. Did the fight end? No. Was Walter bloodlusted? No. Did Thing ko Walter? No. Did Thing kill Walter? No. So your reasoning is flawed.

Now did you see the fight between an enraged Walter against exo-suit Thing? I imagine not.

Walter did all he could to try and put The Thing down. When it wasn't working he didn't want to fight anymore...

There is zero point posting fights with an exo-suit Thing because... that's not The Thing!

Sure, Sasquatch beat the Super Skrull (who was dying of cancer at the time), but the skrull's strength was based on an early weaker version of The Thing. How do I know this? Because John Byrne himself (who wrote and drew the story, and co-created Sasquatch) said it in the letters page that dealt with that issue of Alpha Flight. The same letters page where Byrne states that Sasquatch is not stronger than the Thing!
I don't have the scan, but I'm sure you have the issue yourself.

Starscream M
I like how KM uses all nonrelevant examples to prove Sasquatch's supposed superiority

- beating a cancer stricken skrull

- beating a non-canon alternate universe (read: weaker) version of hulk

- and prob tanarqing out to beat the great beasts

this just shows that Sas has no real feats that show he is actually better than thing

Metalmanx
I don't think he's strong enough to crush thing's skull or his internal organs...all of which is protected by his hard out rock body

thing could crush sas's skull or even his internal organs.

So. Sassy's strength capable of completely halting and chucking a 250 ton jet-plane with its engines at full throttle is, in your opinion, not enough to crush Thing's skull?

You do know Thing's hide is not unbreakable, don't you?

Starscream M
So. Sassy's strength capable of completely halting and chucking a 250 ton jet-plane with its engines at full throttle is, in your opinion, not enough to crush Thing's skull?

You do know Thing's hide is not unbreakable, don't you? 250 tons is not really that impressive for a CL100

most class 100s are actually vastly stronger than 100 tons

yes, I know his hide is not unbreakable, but it is very difficult to break, and I have rarely seen anything besides the very top layer breaking off...which is not enough to cause critical injury

Metalmanx
250 tons is not really that impressive for a CL100

most class 100s are actually vastly stronger than 100 tons

yes, I know his hide is not unbreakable, but it is very difficult to break, and I have rarely seen anything besides the very top layer breaking off...which is not enough to cause critical injury

It always starts with the top layer.

inimalist
250 tons is not really that impressive for a CL100

if the plane was in motion, I believe the strength necessary to halt it would increase exponentially...

I'm no mathematician, but at the very least, it would take well over CL250 to stop and throw a 250 ton jet that was in motion

EDIT: ok, not exponential, momentum = weight * velocity

-K-M-
you're right, walter is not quite as durable as colossus. he bleeds much more easily.

You do realize Thing bleeds and his hide has been chipped and crack quiet abit right?

he def could

On-panel Walter was healing his internal organs in seconds...even impressing AR Vision who was attacking his insides.

Was Walter in human form in this fight then?

In the body of the villian Smart Alec. At this time his original body was destroyed as Snowbird's Sasuatch form destroyed it so his soul was jumping into different bodies and into the Box armor as he briefly used to use it when he died the first time.

Walter did all he could to try and put The Thing down. When it wasn't working he didn't want to fight anymore...

There is zero point posting fights with an exo-suit Thing because... that's not The Thing!

Sure, Sasquatch beat the Super Skrull (who was dying of cancer at the time), but the skrull's strength was based on an early weaker version of The Thing. How do I know this? Because John Byrne himself (who wrote and drew the story, and co-created Sasquatch) said it in the letters page that dealt with that issue of Alpha Flight. The same letters page where Byrne states that Sasquatch is not stronger than the Thing!
I don't have the scan, but I'm sure you have the issue yourself.

As noted in the issue, even the page before the fight it comments Walter wasn't at full-strength and that was before his upgrade too. He didn't quit as it wasn't working. Please read the text m'kay? Plus talking is what Walter does that's in character for him.

Nice you are ignoring the detail where Mr.Fantastic stated multiple times it's nearly his equal to his original form. So yes it does apply, and yes Walter easily destroyed him when enraged

I don't...so prove it. You don't seem to back up anything in this thread erm

I like how KM uses all nonrelevant examples to prove Sasquatch's supposed superiority

- beating a cancer stricken skrull

- beating a non-canon alternate universe (read: weaker) version of hulk

- and prob tanarqing out to beat the great beasts

this just shows that Sas has no real feats that show he is actually better than thing

Non-relevant?

-The cancer only affected him at the END of the fight. Not during. So fail

-Interesting. So you know Hulk's powerlevel then? Prove it.

-He 100% wasn't, clearly you didn't read the issue. So once again..fail

Were those the only examples I posted? No, not even close. haha hillarious. You have once again made yourself look like a joke.

if the plane was in motion, I believe the strength necessary to halt it would increase exponentially...

I'm no mathematician, but at the very least, it would take well over CL250 to stop and throw a 250 ton jet that was in motion

and he threw it while the engines were on 1000 ft...and he did it with ease too.

Starscream doesn't understand physics or biology so ignore him.

inimalist
if I'm not mistaken (which I almost certainly am...), the plane feat actually puts Walter closer to the CL75000 range...

but I don't think you can just throw thrust into the equation in place of velocity...

/anyways

Starscream M

-The cancer only affected him at the END of the fight. Not during. So fail

-Interesting. So you know Hulk's powerlevel then? Prove it.

-He 100% wasn't, clearly you didn't read the issue. So once again..fail

- he may not have explicitly displayed effects from cancer, but as he had cancer before the fight, it certainly would've had an effect on him...it was just more pronounced at the end.

- seeing as how Sas can't beat 616 hulk...it's not a far stretch of logic to say that the hulk he did beat was weaker.

- well, then it's PIS then. unless you truly think walter can beat the great beasts without a power up...

Starscream M

point taken

I may have remembered incorrectly, but didn't thing brace up the baxter building at some point...that's over 100,000 tons

my point is CL100ers deal with weight far in excess of 100 tons

inimalist
point taken

I may have remembered incorrectly, but didn't thing brace up the baxter building at some point...that's over 100,000 tons

my point is CL100ers deal with weight far in excess of 100 tons

I actually don't know a lot of specific feats for these chars, had to look up the Sas one too

bracing something obviously takes less strength than does a straight lift, but I'd agree, that is at least in the realm of 10s of thousands to hundreds of thousands.

I get that, I've always thought CL 100 was a poor place to cut it off, as it puts a lot of characters together that have radically different strengths, but I'm sure as is the case with both thing and sas, there are going to be huge degrees of variation within each character. That sas also lifted a Navy Destroyer out of the ocean shows that thousands of tons is probably not too high an estimate.

-K-M-
- he may not have explicitly displayed effects from cancer, but as he had cancer before the fight, it certainly would've had an effect on him...it was just more pronounced at the end.

- seeing as how Sas can't beat 616 hulk...it's not a far stretch of logic to say that the hulk he did beat was weaker.

- well, then it's PIS then. unless you truly think walter can beat the great beasts without a power up...

-Did you even read the fight? It didn't affect him until he was going for the anti-matter blast and he screamed out in pain. It was his blood that was the problem as he was suffering from a form of leukemia. He showed no signs of illness or even diminished strength...not even he knew.

-Oh? Walter not going into bloodlust mode (causes his strength to increase) went toe to toe with Savage Hulk for 30 minutes. He even felt like he was the monster and wanted to stop as he was responsible for the destruction.

-Walter is an avatar of the Great Beasts...next.

Starscream M

-Walter is an avatar of the Great Beasts...next.

- he had cancer. end of story. no amount of whining changes that. sorry.

- so has thing. thing has danced with hulk many a times and generally held pretty well as well.

- so basically walter has a unique advantage against the great beasts...hence its a little less impressive in context

-K-M-
- he had cancer. end of story. no amount of whining changes that. sorry.

- so has thing. thing has danced with hulk many a times and generally held pretty well as well.

- so basically walter has a unique advantage against the great beasts...hence its a little less impressive in context

-Sooo ignoring context again are we?

-Show me.

-What? haha seriously what? I dont think you understand, as Walter has no unique advantage over the Beasts as you claimed. Stop posting seriously.

Starscream M
I gotta leave work...will respond later.

-K-M-
Please don't erm

You're ignorance is annoying.

Starscream M
-Sooo ignoring context again are we?

-Show me.

-What? haha seriously what? I dont think you understand, as Walter has no unique advantage over the Beasts as you claimed. Stop posting seriously.

- skrull had cancer. he may not have explicitly stated its effects, but he was cancer-stricken. that's simply a fact. how much it affected him is debatable.

- http://www.herorealm.com/images/Previews/May_2008/MARADVHULK011.jpg

- I doubt sasquatch can physically beat the great beasts without some plot device. how did he beat them?

Dum Dum Dugan
First off thats not cannon.

second off that a cover champ

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>