Movies that were crap that deserve a remake!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mardook
Simple enough idea, name a movie or movies which you think should be remade. Who should direct it and why. Who should be the star or stars of it and why.

I'll begin.

Moontrap (1989) Starring: Walter Koenig and Bruce Cambell

Remake: It had a neat idea of which is already being explored by the upcoming Apollo 18. Something unknown on the moon.

Director - Rob Zombie or David Twohy
Why these two? It could go either way with these two directors. Zombie would incorporate supernatural and demonic flavours. Twohy would incorporate very alien and possibly interesting ideas about what the moon people were, where they came from, etc.

Starring:
Jason Statham, Amanda Seyfried, Joel McHale
JS: I'd like to see him in a movie where he does not have to kick ass.
AS: She's pretty popular right now... figured she be the potential love interest.
JM: He's getting popular, he'd be fun as a foil or villain.

I'll put another one up later. Maybe even put up a fake poster too. smile

MildPossession
Rob Zombie? so the remake would also be crap then...

Esau Cairn
You want Zombie to direct a movie with Statham...then make him NOT kick,stomp or pulverise ass....riiiight.

Kazenji
Plan 9 From Outer Space.

mardook
Originally posted by MildPossession
Rob Zombie? so the remake would also be crap then...

If not Rob Zombie, who would you recommend. That is the point of this thread is to get discussion going. I liked his take on Halloween, the sequel was not that good.

mardook
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
You want Zombie to direct a movie with Statham...then make him NOT kick,stomp or pulverise ass....riiiight.

Yes... if not Statham then who would be an actor to carry the film. Suggest someone and why. big grin

mardook
Originally posted by Kazenji
Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Why would it warrant a remake... what made the idea in the first one interesting enough to warrant a remake?

Who would you like to see direct it and why?
Who would star in it and why?

I'm gonna have to go find this movie... my memory of it is very vague. I know that it was a B-Movie from the 50's, I know that much.

MildPossession
I was just commenting on the director. You want to make a better film than the original, yet use him as an example. A mediocre director. Come on...

mardook
Originally posted by MildPossession
I was just commenting on the director. You want to make a better film than the original, yet use him as an example. A mediocre director. Come on...

Then suggest a director who in your opinion would be someone you would like to see do justice to the idea that was presented in the film, although some changes would need to be done to the idea to update it for today's savvy audiences.

Kazenji
Originally posted by mardook
Why would it warrant a remake... what made the idea in the first one interesting enough to warrant a remake?

Well it involved aliens resurrecting the dead.

mardook
Well it involved aliens resurrecting the dead.

Sounds interesting enough... I'll watch it this weekend.

MildPossession
The other you mentioned, Duncan Jones, Vincenzo Natali to name some.

Kazenji
Sounds interesting enough... I'll watch it this weekend.

Don't expect too much from the original since Ed Wood directed it far worst then Uwe boll.

MildPossession
Yeah but it's so bad it's good. Uwe Boll is just full on shite.

Mr Parker
The remake of the original Halloweeen movie.Could have been so much better than what it was.also the spiderman movies for same reason.

dadudemon
I'd remake all of the Twilight movies. I'd eliminate lots of shit story writing and dialogue. The story is almost decent enough, though...it's just not quite good enough. The dialogue is what makes it horrendous.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'd remake all of the Twilight movies. I'd eliminate lots of shit story writing and dialogue. The story is almost decent enough, though...it's just not quite good enough. The dialogue is what makes it horrendous.

You'd end up with a movie about a teen girl moving into her dads house in the country and then the film would end - provided you remove the bad bits of course

I'd remake an early James Cameron film: Dark Star(1974). That film had a fantastic idea and it could've worked, but it was just sooooo bad.

Dr Mystery
Dark Star is an appalingly bad film, ironically it's the only Dark Star on Carpenter's C.V.

I think they should do a remake of Deliverence, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson and starring the Jonas Brothers. They could go all 'Matrix' with the rape scene. laughing out loud

On a serious note, I'd really like to see a Highlander remake. I don't know why, I love the original and they'd probably just put Gerard Butler in it but I'd like to see someone give it a go. Maybe Ang Lee, with Ron Perlman as The Kurgan.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Dr Mystery
Dark Star is an appalingly bad film, ironically it's the only Dark Star on Carpenter's C.V.

Well it was Carpenter first full length movie not everyone can be perfect for there first movie.

Quiero Mota

The fact that its widely (like, literally, almost universally, without fail) considered to be the worst movie in all of film history. There's a very famous --or infamous--scene in the plane's cockpit where you can see the shadow of the boom-mic against the wall. And its a complete gaffe, none of the dumbshit in the movie is on purpose; they actually set out to make a serious sci-fi flick, but ended up with a ginormous joke instead.

But it also became a modern cult classic for a lot of those reasons. So 50 years after the fact, its stupidity became its strength. Kind of like Reefer Madness.

Esau Cairn
Well it was Carpenter first full length movie not everyone can be perfect for there first movie.

From memory it was either a project he did for film school or just after he graduated.

It was made on a mediocre budget with friends, not actors.

I still love the beach ball as an alien.

Dr Mystery
Yeah he made it in college as far as I know. For what it is it looks good considering it's budget, and I'm sure it contributed to Carpenter's rise, but the script is so terrible.

Rogue Jedi
Moonraker.

The Nuul
B:LA

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Nuul
B:LA
Lulz. It had so much potential. pained

The Nuul
Yes, a huge disappointment.

elfirrepins
Krull.

I'd like to see it remade at least. It was a crappy movie. Don't tell me it wasn't, because it was.

Impediment
Krull was a crappy film, but that's what made it so awesome. It's so bad, it's good.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Mr Parker
The remake of the original Halloweeen movie.Could have been so much better than what it was.also the spiderman movies for same reason.

another one i just thought of is Chistine.could have been so much better,they should make a mini series out of it like they did the shining.the shining should never have been remade though,it was pathetic compared to the origginal movie.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Moonraker.

Go read the book completly different.

Robtard
Recently watched Chronos (1993) for the first time; while not a crap film, it had more potential in the story than shown. A remake might not be terrible.

chomperx9
Death Race 2 could have been done better, it deserves a remake.

Mr. Rhythmic
Plan 9 From Outer Space.

They actually made a trailer for a proposed remake, and surprisingly, it looks really, really badass.

mardook
About Darkstar, wasn't Alien a remake of Darkstar?! Anyway, I was thinking of Ridley Scott and him going back to his old film works as of late. I would totally love to see him do a remake of Legend 1986. I mean that dark version that was originally planned, proposed before it got turned into what arrived in theatres in 1986. That would be something to see from the same director but on the darker edge of the spectrum.

Ushgarak
Dark Star is a frigging awesome film! You guys are weird... any sort of remake would only be worse.

roughrider
The Keep (1983) deserves a remake. It's the only serious blight on Michael Mann's filmography, and no edit job can save it. It's never even been released to DVD, that's how forgotten it is. But it has a cult following due to the score by Tangerine Dream.
I just finished reading the original F. Paul Wilson book, and there's much more they can do with a remake. Nazis in WW2 Romania, being preyed upon by a vampire-like being in a remote fortress - it's full of win!

And I've heard a remake of Outland (1981) is in the works. That would be fine with me.

Mr. Rhythmic
Arena
Robot Wars
Robot Jox
Alien vs. Predator

Myth
I second Alien vs Predator.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Mr Parker
another one i just thought of is Chistine.could have been so much better,they should make a mini series out of it like they did the shining.the shining should never have been remade though,it was pathetic compared to the origginal movie.

Apparently King didn't like Kubrick's rendition of The Shining & had more say on the mini series. King didn't like Kubrick playing down the maze scene, especially with the hedge animals coming to life & got his way for it to be included in the mini series.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Dark Star is a frigging awesome film! You guys are weird... any sort of remake would only be worse.

I agree Dark Star doesn't warrant a remake.
It's a classic in the sense that it was Carpenter's 1st feature made when he was still studying film.

Nemesis X
Resident Evil. The whole series needs a reboot. Paul Anderson needs to stop and let someone else like Makoto Kamiya do the directing from now on. At least he knew what he was doing in Degeneration, the only good RE movie out there so far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.