Voidtry/Void/Sentry vs Amazo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Amazo starts off with JLA powers.

Supes
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Batman
Green Lantern Hal
Zatanna
Firestorm
Red Tornado
Atom (Ray Palmer)

Who wins?

Starscream M
amazo

Sirius77
Amazo.

Solidus Black
How is Sentry against mental attacks?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Solidus Black
How is Sentry against mental attacks? how is voidtry against backwards speech magic at flash speed

iceman24567
Amazo wins

Utrigita
Originally posted by Starscream M
amazo

Rage.Of.Olympus
Amazo.

JakeTheBank
Amazo matter manipulates him.

quanchi112
Void wins.

Prep-Man
Toss up.

BattleMage
Void wins! If it were just Sentry then he would be in big trouble.

Black bolt z
Amazo.

The whole JLA in 1 with the reforming powers of void.

Its like void is fighting himself thats better in every way.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Amazo.

The whole JLA in 1 with the reforming powers of void.

Its like void is fighting himself thats better in every way. Can Amazo survive being torn in half ?

Comics Queen
Originally posted by quanchi112
Can Amazo survive being torn in half ? Yes. He's regrown a head over it has been obliterated. What makes you think Void could even Tear Amazo in half if he stacks his durability and shields?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Comics Queen
Yes. He's regrown a head over it has been obliterated. What makes you think Void could even Tear Amazo in half if he stacks his durability and shields? His mm powers can alter his durability. Regrowing a head isn't being torn completely in half though is it ?

Comics Queen
His mm powers can alter his durability. Regrowing a head isn't being torn completely in half though is it ? How do you know Void is going to over ride Amazo's own powers? That was a very less than capable MM? Unless you forgot how MM couldn't even over come someone's healing factor and how MM couldn't teleport anyone he was kidnapping. Lulz. At that pathetic showing of MM.

quanchi112
How do you know Void is going to over ride Amazo's own powers? That was a very less than capable MM? Unless you forgot how MM couldn't even over come someone's healing factor and how MM couldn't teleport anyone he was kidnapping. Lulz. At that pathetic showing of MM. MM destroyed the Void once but he couldn't stop the Void from destroying him. Same powers but the Void can come back whereas Amazo can't. Pretty simple.

Comics Queen
MM destroyed the Void once but he couldn't stop the Void from destroying him. Same powers but the Void can come back whereas Amazo can't. Pretty simple. I was unaware that Amazo was going to be destroyed or can't come back. he certainly regrew his head with no problem. And he was toying around at that point.

quanchi112
I was unaware that Amazo was going to be destroyed or can't come back. he certainly regrew his head with no problem. And he was toying around at that point. So do you believe regrowing his head equals coming back from complete molecular destruction or is equal to being torn in half ?

Comics Queen
So do you believe regrowing his head equals coming back from complete molecular destruction or is equal to being torn in half ? I do not believe it would ever even come to that. Unless you can prove to me MM has some uber durability or uber skill at controlling his own molecules. When he failed to over come someone else's healing factor, I doubt he was all that good at controlling his own molecules.

quanchi112
I do not believe it would ever even come to that. Unless you can prove to me MM has some uber durability or uber skill at controlling his own molecules. When he failed to over come someone else's healing factor, I doubt he was all that good at controlling his own molecules. So you act as if the MM isn't good at controlling his own molecules and ignore we saw him completely destroy Sentry on panel and take out the avengers.

MM taught the Sentry how to control it as well on panel.

Comics Queen
So you act as if the MM isn't good at controlling his own molecules and ignore we saw him completely destroy Sentry on panel and take out the avengers.

MM taught the Sentry how to control it as well on panel. MM himself couldn't over come a lessor beings healing factor. That in and of itself negates any win Sentry has over MM since MM obviously wasn't at his optimal. Or don't you remember when the MM toyed with She-Hulk who has an awesome healing factor with ease. He even tells her he can kill her over and over and remake her. Now how come he couldn't do this in this story?

quanchi112
MM himself couldn't over come a lessor beings healing factor. That in and of itself negates any win Sentry has over MM since MM obviously wasn't at his optimal. Or don't you remember when the MM toyed with She-Hulk who has an awesome healing factor with ease. He even tells her he can kill her over and over and remake her. Now how come he couldn't do this in this story? Are you saying MM can't kill anyone with a healing factor in that story ?

Each writer varies and this writer showed us Void/Sentry is above him.

Comics Queen
Are you saying MM can't kill anyone with a healing factor in that story ?

Each writer varies and this writer showed us Void/Sentry is above him. I accept that you have no rebuttle for why MM couldn't over come a simple healing factor.

quanchi112
I accept that you have no rebuttle for why MM couldn't over come a simple healing factor. What did he fail to do ?

Uriel005
Amazo says this "ytneS/dioV/yrtdioV seid dna syats daed rof ytinrete" at flash speed.

Black bolt z
Can Amazo survive being torn in half ? Actually yes, yes he can. Especially if he takes on voids powers. Then ripping in half will do absolutely nothing to him.

TricksterPriest
Amazo even with just this JLA lineup would whomp Void. With Void's own powers? Slaughter.

the ninjak
Actually yes, yes he can. Especially if he takes on voids powers. Then ripping in half will do absolutely nothing to him.

Void's powers cannot be copied or stolen. Reynolds is a fluke of science. The Skrulls couldn't figure out how to mimic him.

Amazo explodes.

TricksterPriest
...........Amazo begs to differ. evil face

The Nuul
Lol @ comparing The Skrulls and Amazo.

quanchi112
Actually yes, yes he can. Especially if he takes on voids powers. Then ripping in half will do absolutely nothing to him. Amazon while he takes powers doesn't become said person. He doesn't morph into the Void. Void overpowered someone with mm powers when he learned them so I would say it's safe to say Amazo gets blown up.

Black bolt z
Amazon while he takes powers doesn't become said person. He doesn't morph into the Void. Void overpowered someone with mm powers when he learned them so I would say it's safe to say Amazo gets blown up. But he would gain voids reforminh powers. So explain how void is going to beat someone with his powerset that is stronger, faster, smarter, and more skilled then his is.Originally posted by the ninjak
Void's powers cannot be copied or stolen. Reynolds is a fluke of science. The Skrulls couldn't figure out how to mimic him.

Amazo explodes. Please don't compare amazo to the skrulls.

quanchi112
But he would gain voids reforminh powers. So explain how void is going to beat someone with his powerset that is stronger, faster, smarter, and more skilled then his is. Please don't compare amazo to the skrulls. No, he wouldn't and MM has these powers but it still didn't help him. I also don't see him mimicking the Void's powers since the entire skrull armada couldn't.

bbrem123
But he would gain voids reforminh powers. So explain how void is going to beat someone with his powerset that is stronger, faster, smarter, and more skilled then his is. Please don't compare amazo to the skrulls.

nobody knows sentrys power...not MM, not skrulls, not ultron, reed, stark, list goes on...

the ninjak
Originally posted by The Nuul
Lol @ comparing The Skrulls and Amazo. Originally posted by Black bolt z
But he would gain voids reforminh powers. So explain how void is going to beat someone with his powerset that is stronger, faster, smarter, and more skilled then his is. Please don't compare amazo to the skrulls.
I said Sentry was the only hero on Earth the Skrulls Science/Magic couldn't comprehend.
The formula Reynolds drank was perfect for him only.
Amazo explodes.
And BB Amazo would'nt just try to take one of Sentry's branch abilities he would try to take all of it.

King Kandy
I don't think this power set can kill Void. Though i doubt there's a whole lot void can do to him either.

TricksterPriest
For those claiming Amazo cannot copy Void.............really? You're going to claim Amazo, the original copycat, cannot copy this guy? Show me one time he's ever failed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
For those claiming Amazo cannot copy Void.............really? You're going to claim Amazo, the original copycat, cannot copy this guy? Show me one time he's ever failed. I can have a honest question for you. Do you think Amazo can copy the Spectre ?

the ninjak
Has Amazo ever successfully copied the powers of an imp or Myxlptlk?
Or a high end god?

TricksterPriest
Worlogog.

Quan: Irrelevant example. Spectre is the right hand of god.

the ninjak
Robert Reynold's power is that he has insane power resources comparable to exploding Suns.
Resources that effect all his Mind/Body and Soul.
It's still unknown the extent of Sentry's power.
Trying to copy his power would have disastrous results on any being who isn't Robert.

TricksterPriest
If Amazo can copy the 'Gog, he can copy the void. petpet

the ninjak
A machine/device that can alter time and space?
Very interestiiiing.

TricksterPriest
No. Not gog. 'Gog, with the ', refers to the Worlogog. It's far beyond what the void is capable of.

the ninjak
I know I edited.
Did he absorb the gog or just use it?

It's crazy how Amazo can't copy Prime's powers but can apparently absorb a device giving him power over space and time.

TricksterPriest
The Worlogog is new god technology. It's a fragment of the SOURCE. The hourglass of the gods. It's so much more than a machine.

He copied it from a single fragment. fear

PillarofOsiris
Amazo

TricksterPriest
Just started wondering, perhaps Wondy's lasso would kill him by itself.

SamZED
Didnt Adaptoid (or whatever the name was) manage to copy Sentry's powers but also copied Void? IIRC Void killed it from the inside.

TricksterPriest
Yeah, but Super Adaptoid isn't nearly as good as Amazo.

Sirius77
Amazo doesn't copy the entity, just their abilities. Or at least it seems to me. If he wasn't overcome by the Worlogog, Zatana's magic, or Wonder woman's lasso (which is the physical embodiment of truth in most incarnations), then I don't see why any version of void would be an issue.

quanchi112
Worlogog.

Quan: Irrelevant example. Spectre is the right hand of god. That's just a title.

TricksterPriest
Quan: Not in this case. He literally is God's personal hit-man. no Black Alice borrowed them for a moment during DoV, but Spectre broke her control and changed the rules so she couldn't do it again.

Amazo doesn't have emotional weaknesses most of the time. He's a pure killing machine. He also has a nasty habit of using powers better than their original owners.

Uriel005
Quan: Not in this case. He literally is God's personal hit-man. no Black Alice borrowed them for a moment during DoV, but Spectre broke her control and changed the rules so she couldn't do it again.

Amazo doesn't have emotional weaknesses most of the time. He's a pure killing machine. He also has a nasty habit of using powers better than their original owners. not CIS inhibited when it comes to power usage just common sense at times.

Knowsbleed33
Yeah, but Super Adaptoid isn't nearly as good as Amazo.

Super Adaptoid copied the powers of a cube being.

Galan007
^ Didn't he only copy a fraction of a Cube, or some such?

MrMind
amazo wins

-Pr-
I hope y'all had a look at this: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t546926.html

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Didn't he only copy a fraction of a Cube, or some such?

No.

Galan007
Scans or issue #? I'm unfamiliar with the event in that case.

iceman24567
Originally posted by -Pr-
I hope y'all had a look at this: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t546926.html Makes alot of sense thumb up

TricksterPriest
Cube being still isn't jack shit compared to the Worlogog.

Black bolt z
No, he wouldn't and MM has these powers but it still didn't help him. I also don't see him mimicking the Void's powers since the entire skrull armada couldn't. Once again please don't compare amazo to the skrulls.Originally posted by bbrem123
nobody knows sentrys power...not MM, not skrulls, not ultron, reed, stark, list goes on... Your point?

iceman24567
Cube being still isn't jack shit compared to the Worlogog. You aint jack shit compared to the late great debator nvr eek!

Black bolt z
Cube being still isn't jack shit compared to the Worlogog. erm

quanchi112
Once again please don't compare amazo to the skrulls. Your point? I'm just giving an example of an entire army who can copy pretty much any other character on marvel earth save him. That's impressive.

Also do you think Amazo has limits ?

The Nuul
Once again please don't compare amazo to the skrulls. Your point?

thumb up SS has no feats that compare to Amazo in terms of copying. Also, someone doesnt have to get "Voids" power to copy it. Amazo just has to see it.

SquallX
Originally posted by the ninjak

Amazo explodes.

The Worlogog, a device that is infinite better than Void, and Amazo was able to copied it. So don't use that line of thinking, not when it comes to Amazo.

iceman24567
Lol at him saying Amazo explodes laughing Amazo wrecks the Void

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by iceman24567
You aint jack shit compared to the late great debator nvr eek!

Say what you will about the guy, he wasn't always wrong. stick out tongue

Black Bolt Z: Check out Extant and Hourman 1M's respect threads to see how powerful the Worlogog is. It's IG level at least.

the ninjak
Originally posted by iceman24567
Lol at him saying Amazo explodes laughing Amazo wrecks the Void

I like to make people laugh. big grin

Uriel005
I'm just giving an example of an entire army who can copy pretty much any other character on marvel earth save him. That's impressive.

Also do you think Amazo has limits ? it pisses me off but it appears that Amazo has very few copy limits. I mean even Zantanna's magic he shouldn't be able to copy let alone wondy's lasso + effects but he can. So I wouldn't put it past him to copy void and he doesn't have Bob's suicidal tendency's. Personally I think that Amazo should stick to his original specs and only be able to copy powers reliant on physiology. Origninally it was copying cells that let him copy super powers and therefore intellect based abilities beyond physical capacity to learn as well as magical based abilities should be impossible to copy.

But I digress because writers say that he copies just about anything and he can copy a whole bunch of people then he can copy void imo unless a crossover expressly states he can't because there may be one or two characters that he has ever faced that he was unable to copy and many powers just fall out of what his original design specifications should allow.

TricksterPriest
Dude, if he could copy the Worlogog, there's very little he can't copy. no

And uriel? He's copied Batman's intellect too I believe.

Uriel005
Dude, if he could copy the Worlogog, there's very little he can't copy. no

And uriel? He's copied Batman's intellect too I believe. wtfawe

TricksterPriest
I might be thinking of Libra, but I'm pretty sure Amazo did that.

-Pr-
He copied Batman's fighting skill, but I don't know if he copied his intellect (could be a different issue i'm thinking of).

TricksterPriest
That counts as something intangible. big grin

Edit: Having just talked to Pr on MSN, I am skeptical of the example he provided for that feat.

Lord_Talron
nothing in this thread convinces me that void has a single chance. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Uriel005
it pisses me off but it appears that Amazo has very few copy limits. I mean even Zantanna's magic he shouldn't be able to copy let alone wondy's lasso + effects but he can. So I wouldn't put it past him to copy void and he doesn't have Bob's suicidal tendency's. Personally I think that Amazo should stick to his original specs and only be able to copy powers reliant on physiology. Origninally it was copying cells that let him copy super powers and therefore intellect based abilities beyond physical capacity to learn as well as magical based abilities should be impossible to copy.

But I digress because writers say that he copies just about anything and he can copy a whole bunch of people then he can copy void imo unless a crossover expressly states he can't because there may be one or two characters that he has ever faced that he was unable to copy and many powers just fall out of what his original design specifications should allow. I understand but others who can copy have failed to copy the Sentry. It just comes down to personal beliefs here and I see Void as the exception whereas you do not.

TricksterPriest
Question: aside from Super Adaptoid, who else has tried to copy Void?

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
nothing in this thread convinces me that void has a single chance. smile

He doesn't.

The Nuul
Question: aside from Super Adaptoid, who else has tried to copy Void?

I dont think SA has tired to copy void, it was just the Skrulls and they are no where close to Amazon in terms of power and copying. Didnt SA copied MJJ? If SA failed to copy Void then its PIS.

TricksterPriest
I dont think SA has tired to copy void, it was just the Skrulls and they are no where close to Amazon in terms of power and copying. Didnt SA copied MJJ? If SA failed to copy Void then its PIS.

SA tried to copy Sentry, but it picked up Void as well since they're a package deal. And MJJ? Amazo could probably copy him, nothing I've seen in SA says it could do it.

If you want to see SA's attempt at copying Voidtry, check out Sentry's respect thread, it's there.

BlackZero30x
Amazo starts off with JLA powers.

Supes
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Batman
Green Lantern Hal
Zatanna
Firestorm
Red Tornado
Atom (Ray Palmer)

Who wins?

and the powers of void and sentry......this is pretty one sided.....it's basically void/sentry/voidtry vs themselves plus all those other powers......

Black bolt z
I'm just giving an example of an entire army who can copy pretty much any other character on marvel earth save him. That's impressive.

Also do you think Amazo has limits ? Yes I believe he has limits. But his limits are far beyond anything that void has the capacity to max out. If he wants to he copies void.Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Say what you will about the guy, he wasn't always wrong. stick out tongue

Black Bolt Z: Check out Extant and Hourman 1M's respect threads to see how powerful the Worlogog is. It's IG level at least. I know what the Worlogog is. I just don't think that a cube being would be considered jack shit to it. Its still far beyond anything void has ever done.

quanchi112
Yes I believe he has limits. But his limits are far beyond anything that void has the capacity to max out. If he wants to he copies void. I know what the Worlogog is. I just don't think that a cube being would be considered jack shit to it. Its still far beyond anything void has ever done. I disagree. Void is just an anomaly. Copying Voids powers anyways doesn't mean you become the Void.

Black bolt z
I disagree. Void is just an anomaly. Copying Voids powers anyways doesn't mean you become the Void. He doesn't have to become the void. He has his powers.

So you have yet to explain to me how this team can beat someone better then them in every single way + themselves.

Cuz this team certainly isn't going to outsmart him.

TricksterPriest
Every time Amazo shows up, he's beaten by a plot device of some kind. Aside from the crappy models, like the one that got beat by Batman. stick out tongue

quanchi112
He doesn't have to become the void. He has his powers.

So you have yet to explain to me how this team can beat someone better then them in every single way + themselves.

Cuz this team certainly isn't going to outsmart him. Void/try beat MM who also had his powers because he wasn't the Void/try and couldn't survive what he can.

Black bolt z
Void/try beat MM who also had his powers because he wasn't the Void/try and couldn't survive what he can. MM didn't have voids powers erm.

Uriel005
SA tried to copy Sentry, but it picked up Void as well since they're a package deal. And MJJ? Amazo could probably copy him, nothing I've seen in SA says it could do it.

If you want to see SA's attempt at copying Voidtry, check out Sentry's respect thread, it's there. Perfectly legit for Amazo in my book to copy MJJ it's a mutation and falls within original stips of his copy powers. I just dislike the magical/spiritual aspect of his copy capability as by original design he shouldn't be able to.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
There have been arguments about Sentry, Void, Siege and Molecule Man. This has been an on again, off again discussion among mods and a few posters.

We think the best way to handle the disagreement is as follows:

Siege Sentry/Void should be a self contained character within the arc for thread purposes. And not applied to anything before Siege.

Sentry and Void feats are not interchangeable, at all.

Siege feats by Sentry and Void should not be applied to anything preceding the arc.

The Molecule Man vs Sentry/Void fight shouldn't be considered a typical or average showing since the power displayed happened only once and therefore isn't verifiable. Also, Owen's erratic past regarding his own mental state should be considered.

It's apparent that Sentry/Void was evolving during Siege by the feats and dialogue. It's also shown that Sentry was "voiding" out even when he still looked like regular Sentry. Given the ambiguity regarding Sentry/Void, we think it's for the best that the character be separated by the Siege arc.

So, to avoid excess flaming and bashing, we would like threads to show either the Siege Sentry/Void or regular Sentry/Void to avoid any problems.

quanchi112
MM didn't have voids powers erm. They used the same powers against each other. One won one lost.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Uriel005
Perfectly legit for Amazo in my book to copy MJJ it's a mutation and falls within original stips of his copy powers. I just dislike the magical/spiritual aspect of his copy capability as by original design he shouldn't be able to. Yeah, I hear you. But it's grandfathered in at this point, so we live with it. Hell, alot of stuff from the golden and silver age doesn't make sense. Although, I think there is actually a magic gene for some people in DC. crylaugh

Black bolt z
They used the same powers against each other. One won one lost. So Owen had the power to reform from damn near anything? Since when?

TricksterPriest
So Owen had the power to reform from damn near anything? Since when? Molecule Man has always been pretty broken when he's not insane. I don't know if anyone has ever gotten him to that point, but it would not surprise me if there' a showing of him doing something like that.

quanchi112
So Owen had the power to reform from damn near anything? Since when? He had the same powers and was beaten by the same powers but since he isn't Void he can't reform back.

Black bolt z
He had the same powers and was beaten by the same powers but since he isn't Void he can't reform back. No h did not have the same powers.

Void doesn't have reality warping powers.

quanchi112
No h did not have the same powers.

Void doesn't have reality warping powers. The writer would disagree but I digress the rules still have me at a loss for which Void/try/Sentry/MM showings we are allowed to use as this thread really seems to have him at his absolute best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.