Anime Cyclops is Gay. Also X-men Anime inbound.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/6/f0/4d76c041e6e98/detail.jpg

Dat Ass.

If you havn't heard, theres a new X-men anime coming up. Heres some links and a thread to talk about it in. I'll start us off: Cyclops looks really fricking homosexual.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/03/09/marvel-releases-new-x-men-anime-character-art/

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-03-01/madhouse-x-men-anime-designs-cast-revealed

Frisky Dingo
Yea, he looks pretty gay. Cyclops being gay would B a great twist.

Nemesis X
Jean Grey: Scott are you...gay?

Cyclops: Guiltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Jean Grey and every other X-Man: no expression

General_Iroh
He kind of reminds me of Aizen...

TheAuraAngel
Beast looks cool at least.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Jean Grey: Scott are you...gay?

Cyclops: Guiltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Jean Grey and every other X-Man: no expression

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Nephthys
Originally posted by General_Iroh
He kind of reminds me of Aizen...

Aizen look-a-likes showin' up all over the damn place nowadays.

Bro SMASH
Why is Marvel trying to be anime so much?

TricksterPriest
Cyclops looks a little like Light Yamagi. And very homosexual.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/03/xmenanime10.jpg

On the other hand, Logan is sporting Go Nagai sideburns, and looks a fair amount like Ryoma Nagare. blink

Ridley_Prime
Somehow, the way they made Logan's appearance makes me even more disappointed at what they did to Scott.

General_Iroh
Yeah Logan is creepy, like awkward creepy. I expect Cyke to be a flamer.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Nephthys
Cyclops looks really fricking homosexual.
he still has a doomsday laser in his head

Nephthys
I finally got around to watching the first ep of this. Aaaaaaannnnnnd.....

It's pretty bad. But enjoyable bad. It looks like it'll be in the 'so bad its good' category. Everything is way over the top and cheesy.

But I did like the Jean Grey bit at the beginning. Jean was sufficiently WTF!!! and massively powerful enough to be pretty damn cool. Plus what they wrote on her tombstone is hilarious.

But yeah, not too good....

TheAuraAngel
It's bad because it's over the top? XD

Nephthys
Pretty much. Granted its only the first episode but there were times when I just started laughing for no reason. Gloriously camp.

wakkawakkawakka
At least Emma Frost and her ungoldy rack were in it droolio

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Nephthys
I finally got around to watching the first ep of this. Aaaaaaannnnnnd.....

It's pretty bad. But enjoyable bad. It looks like it'll be in the 'so bad its good' category. Everything is way over the top and cheesy.

But I did like the Jean Grey bit at the beginning. Jean was sufficiently WTF!!! and massively powerful enough to be pretty damn cool. Plus what they wrote on her tombstone is hilarious.

But yeah, not too good.... wolverine going berserk was worth it imo

Kazenji
So its not that great?

oh well.......i'll have Iron Man anime to look foward to then.

the ninjak
The Ironman Anime is terrible. The Xmen one is much better and it sucks.

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
The Ironman Anime is terrible. The Xmen one is much better and it sucks.

I'll make that judgement when i see it myself.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'll make that judgement when i see it myself.

What the man says is da troof, dude. I couldn't make it through it. sad

wakkawakkawakka
Well The IronMan anime was pretty bad. Shame really considering the trailer.

Maybe the problem is whoever is writing the plot for these series. Why Marvel didn't just hire animators while keeping their own story intact is beyond me...unless of course that's what they did when they made this crap sad

Then again, boobies big grin

Nephthys
I watched the next few episodes and they were much better. Probably they toned it down for the dub, because there was no crazy screaming and overly loud orchestral music making the whole thing ridiculous (I watched the 1st ep in the sub and the second in dub). It had a better, more subdued tone. Also Emma Frost is very milf-alicious. :3

Though Cyclops is a bit of a tool. At least its true to the comics there then.

Nephthys
Though whenever they say 'the Ichiki girl' all I can think of is:

http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/music_images/cheeky_girls.jpg

Cheeky cheeky!

wakkawakkawakka
I prefer the dub to this myself; Steve FTW. Though I'm still pretty pissed about how badly both Storm and Emma were depowered. But Damn look at those ****! droolio

Do wonder why they didn't stick to Cyclops' original costume; it looked way less gay then this and I do mean homosexual by this.

psycho gundam
the 90's x-men cartoon is just leaps and bounds better than the anime, time of production couldn't even fix that.

wakkawakkawakka
Of course it was but something new shouldn't be as sub-par as this should it? C'mon they could've gotten some better writers than this right?

Nephthys
My previous estimate was off. Cyclops is in fact a MASSIVE tool. I don't know why they even brought him along, he was pretty much a liability. But I guess they didn't have anyone else. Either way, I'm on ep. 6 and I really hope he gets over his emo phase soon.

And yeah, Storm seems unusually weak. And her powers aren't working right. She shouldn't be able to conjure up a wall of ice.

the ninjak
At least in Wolverine and the Xmen Cyke in a rebellious act in reaction to Jeans death and other issues went out and kicked ass! Motorbiked out and tracked down Mr Sinister's hideout and smashed.

In this show he's an emotionless yet untactful character who puts his team in danger.

The show also upstages Armor as the teams Ace in the sleeve, which is predictable considering she's Asian. Not trying to sound racist but all of these Animes are ripe with racism and patriotism in Japanese culture.
And it really is off putting.

In Ironman. Stark is uncharacteristically giving up his Ironman tech to the Japanese in the first episode. A first step in arming the world. The Japanese Generals sneering at the opportunity...........
Why the heck would Tony Stark do that? he first episode and the futurist billionaire is giving his tech up to all governments!

I wasn't surprised that Xmen was the better of the Anime series. Just like in the Ultimate Universe. But it was dull.

Marvel! If you want the Japanese style then fair enough. But keep your writers in check.

If I had that artistic team I would write mad episodes. Just choose an issue an go! People are idiots. It's a miracle the 90's Xmen even happened. They had complete power to makes episodes about whatever they wanted.

Nephthys
Ironman got good reviews on IGN. I might check it out after X-Men.

wakkawakkawakka
The IronMan one is off putting due to it's over-emphasis of Japan on top of Stark just willingly giving away his suit specs. Though I will say it's the superior in quality of the other two Marvel Animes aside from the lame CG suits

I don't even know why Armor was in here considering we already have Sunfire and Deathstrike if the writers just had to have Japanese elements in it.

Storm is highly unlikeable in this series considering her cocky attitude and watered down powers. Cyclops is being too much of a prick for his own good. And, I can't believe I'm saying this, Emma isn't a total *****; why is this a complaint you ask? Because she gets shit done at least IIRC.

Nephthys
Started watching Iron Man.

Yeah Iron Man is much better, simply because Stark is a really likable character and the coolness favor is focused on him. None of the X-Men really come off that well except for Wolvie which I directly credit to the magic of Blum, and I hear that the Wolverine anime is trash. Blade might be good.

X-Men was still okay though. But its really only okay imo. Mediocre. Don't know if I'll continue watching it though.

wakkawakkawakka
I personally had to stop watching after episode 9 after reading complaints from people about the Xmen anime ending. I'm still trying to find out why the hell Armor was even in there.

I'm looking foward to Blade myself and I really hope this isn't ****ed up either.

srankmissingnin
Most male anime characters are pretty effeminate and sexually ambiguous... so clarifying that anime Cyclops is gay is borderline redundant. We could already deduce that he would likely be gay by mere virtue of appearing in an anime. I mean, they bishi'd up Wolverine for his anime, what chance did the significantly less manly Cyclops have?

I'm only being slightly facetious.

Nephthys
Bump.

The ending was crap. Iron Man was much better, though still somewhat mediocre. But at least Iron Man acted like a hero and didn't mostly stand around and do nothing in his own series. I can't believe how many times the X-Men could have easily handled a problem but didn't because of how incompetent they are.

And in the last 5 or so episodes they waste nearly all the time trying to get answers out of some ***** scientist even though Emma could have just read her mind at any point. Man that was dumb. I havn't shouted at the screen like that in a while.

wakkawakkawakka
Well I can't wait to be heavily dissapointed by the Blade anime. The IronMan one could've been way better than what it was but it was still better than this mess.

See, that's why I stopped watching this; the Xmen were too depowered and incompetent for me to recognize that they were the Xmen and not just an organized mob.

I realized the first episode they showed her on that Emma would only be there for her perfect MILF bod; god she was weak as **** in this.

Nephthys
Well you don't need to wait anymore.

The Big O
That was pretty great. I don't know how late I am in saying that but it still fits the truth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.