DP Tryant vs. Current DD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
who wins this fight?

Galan007
srsly? doomsday gets utterly dominated.

as of now, he simply does not have feats suggestive of being able to hang with tyrant.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Oooo I thought people were building him up to be at his HP Levels from his latest showings against eradicator and the outsiders. Which IMO was pretty impressive and he seems to have his adaptive schtick back. So I thought people who rep DD since some were repping him to beat Mangog.. but maybe not. Would putting him up against Thanos be better

Galan007
he's not on that level yet. the feats you mentioned don't warrant such.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Fair enough friend. Would you say it's clear he has his HP adative ability back or so it seems to me?

Galan007
it would seem so. but until this arc comes to an end, and i see how he's beaten (because you know he will be) then i'm skeptical to place him on the same level as his H/P counterpart.

Black bolt z
DP tyrant would easily break any DD shown yet.

TricksterPriest
Not the original H/P. And not Gog Wars. Current one is getting interesting, but he's not big enough to take on Tyrant yet.

Galan007
^ gog wars doomsday really wasn't that impressive. all he really did was beat a bunch of gogs (gogi?) who were WELL below superman-level in terms of stats. furthermore, i seem to recall it taking that version of doomsday decadeS to punch through a mile thick wall of granite (can you say weaksauce..?) tyrant wouldn't have too much of an issue with him, me thinks.

imo, hunter/prey and doomsday wars doomsday (which was essentially H/P doomsday with brainiac's intellect) are the only versions that could beat depowered tyrant. all others (with the *potential/possible/yet to be determined* exception of current doomsday) fail.

guy222
tyrant wins

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
^ gog wars doomsday really wasn't that impressive. all he really did was beat a bunch of gogs (gogi?) who were WELL below superman-level in terms of stats. furthermore, i seem to recall it taking that version of doomsday decadeS to punch through a mile thick wall of granite (can you say weaksauce..?) tyrant wouldn't have too much of an issue with him, me thinks.

imo, hunter/prey and doomsday wars doomsday (which was essentially H/P doomsday with brainiac's intellect) are the only versions that could beat depowered tyrant. all others (with the *potential/possible/yet to be determined* exception of current doomsday) fail.

So who would you pick between HP DD vs. Tyrant and why friend?

Bentley
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So who would you pick between HP DD vs. Tyrant and why friend?

Tyrant is weaksauce.

Current Doomsday hasn't done enough to beat him though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If by weaksauce you mean skyfather or above... sure

Galan007
So who would you pick between HP DD vs. Tyrant and why friend? doomsday.

like i said in another thread, he nearly killed darkseid -on apokolips- with like 3-4 punches... and that was WAY before his powerlevels had been watered down as they were in more current continuity (pre-FC.) IF tyrant could beat darkseid at all, he certainly couldn't do so in a couple punches, imo. that's pretty much the best gauge i have.

furthermore, when the doomsday wars arc is taken into account, you will find even more uber feats pertaining to H/P doomsday (owning orion/tanking the astro force, to name a few.)

KuRuPT Thanosi
doomsday.

like i said in another thread, he nearly killed darkseid -on apokolips- with like 3-4 punches... and that was WAY before his powerlevels had been watered down as they were in more current continuity (pre-FC.) IF tyrant could beat darkseid at all, he certainly couldn't do so in a couple punches, imo. that's pretty much the best gauge i have.

furthermore, when the doomsday wars arc is taken into account, you will find even more uber feats pertaining to H/P doomsday (owning orion/tanking the astro force, to name a few.)

Interesting points. However, I think one key factor is.. DS has pretty average durability. Nothing really to write home about, and he was hit from behind. Sure, even if he was facing DD, he still losses a h2h encounter. The fact is though, his back was turned, and as we know it real life.. that can make a huge difference. Regardless, DS showings against DD and Superman show he has really average durability.. especially against blunt force trauma. So using that as a gauge, is well, not enough for me to give DD the win against Tyrant.

Going back and forth with Superman isn't something I would put past Tyrant, in fact I would expect Tyrant to deal with Superman quiickly and efficiently. Same with running through a whole bunch of fodder GL's. You replace DD with Tyrant and have him face the HH that he did. HP DD could win, and maybe he would. But I don't think it would be with the ease Tyrant did. Much less then take on an amped prepped Thanos.

Thanos on the other hand.. has top notch durability. He decided to leave for fear of dying when he faced Tyrant. Mind you this was a amped and prepped Thanos. The same Thanos, who unamped, never once thought about leaving his fight with Odin. Which of course, was both blasting and punching at times. That seems to indicate to me at least, the power that Tyrant packs, which in comparsion to the DS showing.. I would say it was more impressive to beat an amped prepped Thanos than a DS who had his back turned. To say nothing of, seemingly to Thanos.. Tyrant was a bigger threat to his life than Odin. Odin vs. HP DD... I wouldn't put my money on HP DD.

At the end of the day.. I don't see HP beating Tyrant.. and certainly not in an all powers fight.

Bentley
If by weaksauce you mean skyfather or above... sure

High Trans, we call them big grin

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Bentley
High Trans, we call them big grin

High Trans LOL

Bentley
High Trans LOL

I think the problem is you don't get the point of the trans tier. Not everyone who beats heralds gets into skyfather, actually, I don't think killing any number of heralds at the same time should give you skyfather status by default.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Bentley it's you who doesn't understand how the tiers work or you haven't read Tyrant and his appearances. Many people, including me, consider Thanos to be Low-Mid Skyfather level. Guess what, Tyrant made an AMPED and PREPPED Thanos leave for fear of dying. IF regular Thanos could be low skyfatherish.. then what is an amped and prepped Thanos? Point is, an amped prepped Thanos left for fear of dying. An unamped Thanos who didn't prepped faced a High (peak) Skyfather in Odin.. and in a much longer fight never once thought about leaving or backing down. Yet against Tyrant, in a shorter period of time, and amped/prepped fled for his life. So your notion that he beat a whole bunch of heralds and that is it, is totally and completly false. We won't even get into his defeat of Galactus and how strong Galactus thought he was.. which again.. puts him above Skyfather level if we go by Thanos and Galactus. He beat more than mere heralds, and even then, beating peak heralds with ease... is nothing to turn your nose up at.

Galan007
Interesting points. However, I think one key factor is.. DS has pretty average durability. Nothing really to write home about, and he was hit from behind. Sure, even if he was facing DD, he still losses a h2h encounter. The fact is though, his back was turned, and as we know it real life.. that can make a huge difference. Regardless, DS showings against DD and Superman show he has really average durability.. especially against blunt force trauma. So using that as a gauge, is well, not enough for me to give DD the win against Tyrant.

Going back and forth with Superman isn't something I would put past Tyrant, in fact I would expect Tyrant to deal with Superman quiickly and efficiently. Same with running through a whole bunch of fodder GL's. You replace DD with Tyrant and have him face the HH that he did. HP DD could win, and maybe he would. But I don't think it would be with the ease Tyrant did. Much less then take on an amped prepped Thanos.

Thanos on the other hand.. has top notch durability. He decided to leave for fear of dying when he faced Tyrant. Mind you this was a amped and prepped Thanos. The same Thanos, who unamped, never once thought about leaving his fight with Odin. Which of course, was both blasting and punching at times. That seems to indicate to me at least, the power that Tyrant packs, which in comparsion to the DS showing.. I would say it was more impressive to beat an amped prepped Thanos than a DS who had his back turned. To say nothing of, seemingly to Thanos.. Tyrant was a bigger threat to his life than Odin. Odin vs. HP DD... I wouldn't put my money on HP DD.

At the end of the day.. I don't see HP beating Tyrant.. and certainly not in an all powers fight. your opinion regarding dakrseid's durability differs vastly from my own. therefore, i see no reason to continue this part of the debate.

Bentley
Bentley it's you who doesn't understand how the tiers work or you haven't read Tyrant and his appearances. Many people, including me, consider Thanos to be Low-Mid Skyfather level. Guess what, Tyrant made an AMPED and PREPPED Thanos leave for fear of dying. IF regular Thanos could be low skyfatherish.. then what is an amped and prepped Thanos? Point is, an amped prepped Thanos left for fear of dying. An unamped Thanos who didn't prepped faced a High (peak) Skyfather in Odin.. and in a much longer fight never once thought about leaving or backing down. Yet against Tyrant, in a shorter period of time, and amped/prepped fled for his life. So your notion that he beat a whole bunch of heralds and that is it, is totally and completly false. We won't even get into his defeat of Galactus and how strong Galactus thought he was.. which again.. puts him above Skyfather level if we go by Thanos and Galactus. He beat more than mere heralds, and even then, beating peak heralds with ease... is nothing to turn your nose up at.

I don't think Thanos is skyfather at that point. Maybe in TI, and that's a maybe. He ain't no Galaxy Buster.

BUT, I understand we disagree, it's not a big deal.

KuRuPT Thanosi
your opinion regarding dakrseid's durability differs vastly from my own. therefore, i see no reason to continue this part of the debate.

you think it measures up to Thanos's.. since that was the man comparison I used. one in which Tyrant took on an amped prepped Thanos.. and the was.. DD hitting DS from behind. So DS durability stakes up next to Thanos's?

Galan007
tyrant may have took on thanos, but absolutely no lasting damage (on either side) was dealt in the end. they hit one another a few times, then briefly locked up in a greco-roman style melee. that's it. i don't see how that particular scuffle remotely compares to the DD/darkseid battle i mentioned..?

and just so you know, doomsday did hit darkseid from behind initially, but he saw doomsday getting up and running towards him prior to being hit:
http://img197.imageshack.us/i/dd1cy.jpg/
"impossible." (last panel)

so yeah, it wasn't a sneak attack. darkseid knew DD was coming after him -- he simply wasn't fast enough to counter. then, 4 blows later, he was nearly dead (literally.)

KuRuPT Thanosi
tyrant may have took on thanos, but absolutely no lasting damage (on either side) was dealt in the end. they hit one another a few times, then briefly locked up in a greco-roman style melee. that's it. i don't see how that particular scuffle remotely compares to the DD/darkseid battle i mentioned..?

and just so you know, doomsday did hit darkseid from behind initially, but he saw doomsday getting up and running towards him prior to being hit:
http://img197.imageshack.us/i/dd1cy.jpg/
"impossible." (last panel)

so yeah, it wasn't a sneak attack. darkseid knew DD was coming after him -- he simply wasn't fast enough to counter. then, 4 blows later, he was nearly dead (literally.)

That's just it and I think the crux of what we're talking about. Do you feel DS's durability stacks up with Thanos? You said our impressions of his durability are vastly different. That can mean many things, one of which could be you feel DS durability is on par with someone Tyrant faced. Of course I disagree, and i think on panel showings back up Thanos being superior, but i"m still curious about your stance.

Furthermore, I'm still unclear on how you can say no lasting damage was done to Thanos. Clearly there was, or he wouldn't have commented that he had to leave or else he would be killed. His clothes were all tatered and he was smoking. To say he suffered no lasting damage seems to contradict Thanos own words and needing to leave for fear of death. Unless of course, you feel like Thanos felt no damage and wasn't in danger at all, but was simply guessing Tyrant would raise the stakes a lot. Mind you, we're talking about Thanos here.. who didn't have any desire to quit nor fear of dying when he faced a peak skyfather in Odin. Couldn't one say, that judging by Thanos vs. Odin and Thanos vs Tyrant.. mind you a amped prepped Thanos vs Tyrant.. seems going by Thanos alone.. He seems to feel Tyrant packed more of a punch and certainly felt his power. Enough to leave, while amped in a shorter period of time?

Again though, I'm unclear on how beating and making an amped Thanos flee for his life is = to punching (a less durable) DS from behind and putting him down in a few punches? That just doesn't make sense to me.. unless of course you feel like DS durability (even from behind) is on par with an amped Thanos. Which of course, I don't ascribe to that theory.

Galan007
That's just it and I think the crux of what we're talking about. Do you feel DS's durability stacks up with Thanos? You said our impressions of his durability are vastly different. That can mean many things, one of which could be you feel DS durability is on par with someone Tyrant faced. Of course I disagree, and i think on panel showings back up Thanos being superior, but i"m still curious about your stance.

Furthermore, I'm still unclear on how you can say no lasting damage was done to Thanos. Clearly there was, or he wouldn't have commented that he had to leave or else he would be killed. His clothes were all tatered and he was smoking. To say he suffered no lasting damage seems to contradict Thanos own words and needing to leave for fear of death. Unless of course, you feel like Thanos felt no damage and wasn't in danger at all, but was simply guessing Tyrant would raise the stakes a lot. Mind you, we're talking about Thanos here.. who didn't have any desire to quit nor fear of dying when he faced a peak skyfather in Odin. Couldn't one say, that judging by Thanos vs. Odin and Thanos vs Tyrant.. mind you a amped prepped Thanos vs Tyrant.. seems going by Thanos alone.. He seems to feel Tyrant packed more of a punch and certainly felt his power. Enough to leave, while amped in a shorter period of time? geeze you write a lot lol. anyway, i think darkseid is FAR more durable than you give him credit for. if you recall, he instantly reformed none the worse for wear after spectre utilized his divine judgment against him, because a 'higher power' than spectre still required him in the grand scheme of things -- tanking spectre's wrath is pretty much the best durability showing a character can have, imo. also remember that you can't really use any of darkseid's more current low-end feats against him here, as they didn't exist when the H/P arc was released.

you misunderstand. i'm not saying thanos was more powerful than tyrant, or could have weathered another onslaught by any means. i'm just saying that in their brief scuffle they only utilized a few seemingly meager attacks, and no lasting damage was dealt to either side. tattered clothes =/= lasting damage to thanos' person.

^^ that doesn't relate to the darkseid/doomsday battle at all, imo.

Estacado
DD beating DS shouldn't be a low showing for DS mire like an impressuve feat from DD.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm not sure how reforming is an impressive durability feat. It wouldn't been more impressive if he actually tanked the blast and was fine. Reforming isn't really a durability showing

zopzop
I'm not sure how reforming is an impressive durability feat. It wouldn't been more impressive if he actually tanked the blast and was fine. Reforming isn't really a durability showing

Exactly. It's more of a healing factor/regen feat.

That being said, DP Tyrant makes DD his bxxxh.

Galan007
I'm not sure how reforming is an impressive durability feat. It wouldn't been more impressive if he actually tanked the blast and was fine. Reforming isn't really a durability showing It showed that even Spectre cannot damage him -- but at this point I feel like there is really no point in continuing. You clearly have your mind made up regarding Darkseid's durability. It likely wouldn't matter what evidence I brought to the table.

Good day. smile

TricksterPriest
DD got up from tanking a full power omega beam, even if it took him abit. He was either stunned or KOed. But.....he got up and blitzed DS right after that.

No one else in that storyline even slowed him down. no

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bentley
High Trans, we call them big grin Tyrant? High Trans? Ha.

SquallX
Just read Outsiders #37, damn my boy was a beast. I'am hoping by the fact he was evolving in that fight means he's either H/P reborn, or OWAW, or better yet he surpasses both incarnation.

Any way as for this fight DD loses, no matter how much it saddens me. We should at least wait until the main continuity begins, or the one shots end, before we can evaluate how much of a beast he truly is.

quanchi112
geeze you write a lot lol. anyway, i think darkseid is FAR more durable than you give him credit for. if you recall, he instantly reformed none the worse for wear after spectre utilized his divine judgment against him, because a 'higher power' than spectre still required him in the grand scheme of things -- tanking spectre's wrath is pretty much the best durability showing a character can have, imo. also remember that you can't really use any of darkseid's more current low-end feats against him here, as they didn't exist when the H/P arc was released.

you misunderstand. i'm not saying thanos was more powerful than tyrant, or could have weathered another onslaught by any means. i'm just saying that in their brief scuffle they only utilized a few seemingly meager attacks, and no lasting damage was dealt to either side. tattered clothes =/= lasting damage to thanos' person.

^^ that doesn't relate to the darkseid/doomsday battle at all, imo. The only reason Darkseid came back was because the Source deemed it so. It had nothing to do with Darkseid's power just the balance he brings to the Source which is outside of vs. threads.

Black Adam looked far superior when he took on the Spectre than Darkseid did.

Bentley
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Tyrant? High Trans? Ha.

Ok, fine. Mid-trans shifty

Philosophía
Originally posted by Estacado
DD beating DS shouldn't be a low showing for DS mire like an impressuve feat from DD. That's never been the case for DC characters on KMC. For example, if current Doomsday keeps this up, and stomps the JLA (Cyborg Superman, Supergirl, Saint Walker and current Jade, among others), but yet Superman defeats him in the end, it won't show how powerful Superman is, it shows how weak Doomsday actually was.

TricksterPriest

Omega Vision

Galan007

Tha C-Master
Daredevil loses. Spite.

Simbon
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Daredevil loses. Spite.

Don't rule Daredevil out; remember that, aside from the UN, the most effective attack launched against Tyrant was from that spinster, who fights kind of like Daredevil. With sufficiently powerful nun-chucks, and by striking at Tyrant's weakpoints, a skilled street-leveller just...might be able to succeed where a team of heralds failed...

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Simbon
Don't rule Daredevil out; remember that, aside from the UN, the most effective attack launched against Tyrant was from that spinster, who fights kind of like Daredevil. With sufficiently powerful nun-chucks, and by striking at Tyrant's weakpoints, a skilled street-leveller just...might be able to succeed where a team of heralds failed... I guess you have a point, the little guy often comes through when the chips are down.

kevdude
Originally posted by Omega Vision
And yet the fight between WWH and Sentry is a high showing for both because both characters are super duper epic. durlaugh

Yes it doesn't get anymore super duper then WWH and Sentry, psh who are we to compare Superman, Cyborg Superman, Supergirl and anyone else in DC to them?... laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
When did Doomsday fight Henshaw?

Philosophía
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
When did Doomsday fight Henshaw? He's about to fight him in Justice League of America #55, the next chapter of Reign of Doomsday, alongside the JLA.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/12/jlav2_cv55.jpg

Some preview art:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1298920455.jpg

MrMind
doomsday vs cyborg superman, longest fight ever

TricksterPriest
Well....if he actually beats Henshaw, that's impressive.

SquallX
Well....if he actually beats Henshaw, that's impressive.

He has to beat Henshaw, or the story can't progress.

The theme right now is Doomsday going after all the Superman that appear after the Death of Superman story line.

It's been a while since i've that story line, so i can't tell if Steel was the first to appear, then Eradicator, then Henshaw, then Superboy.

Galan007
^ Yeah, as you mentioned, DD is offing all the Supermen who appeared in the Reign of the Supermen arc -- seemingly in the order in which they debuted. That means he will likely face off with, and get beaten by, the final version of Superman who appeared in that arc... Superman himself.

...Which also means that everything DD will have done up to that point will be low-balled by the haters, because "Superman ain't dat pouerfal!!!"

Can't wait. ermm

TricksterPriest
What has Henshaw been up to? Why is he fighting with the JLA?

OneDumbG0
^ Getting his technopathy overpowered by the mechanized Boodikka. He wanted a change of pace.

Bentley
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Getting his technopathy overpowered by the mechanized Boodikka. He wanted a change of pace.

You have to love DC and their fluctuating tp feats.

Philosophía
^ Getting his technopathy overpowered by the mechanized Boodikka. It's good to see you hold the same love for Henshaw.

OneDumbG0

TricksterPriest
Surfer is definitely better post annihilation. Nova is better, but he's still not beating high heralds, or even quite a few heralds. WWH was a joke, and the story was riddled with PIS. Rulk...........not touching that one. Bor had NO FEATS. Don't know about Thanos. Zeus? What's the problem with Zeus? He's a skyfather, of course he's going to rape Hulk.

Sentry is the most wanked character on this board. We had people claiming he was >Molecule Man.

Black bolt z

Philosophía
Ah, yes, the classic "Superman wins because he's Superman, not because he's that powerful".

Getting overpowered in technopathy was plain ducking fumb. I'm glad, and quite surprised you agree.

psycho gundam
Exactly. The same thing was said about the Weaponer in another thread. The dude tools Ganthet, Kyle, John, etc, etc yet a few believe him to still be sub-Surfer level simply because Sinestro ended up beating him. So instead of just admitting that both characters' feats were very impressive, they are both essentially low-balled. After all, Sinestro cannot possibly be Surfer-level and beyond -- therefore him beating Weaponer proves that he is also inferior to Surfer by proxy, despite owning some of the most powerful Lanterns out there (AND a Guardian.) Amiright?

Lovely logic around this place. you're still defending the assemblage of characters that confronted weaponer? i'm not saying he was bad or good, those that fought him in that instance did just as poorly as the great lakes avengers would have done

Originally posted by Estacado
DD beating DS shouldn't be a low showing for DS mire like an impressuve feat from DD. it's because it was a three-piece

Black bolt z

OneDumbG0
Surfer is definitely better post annihilation. Nova is better, but he's still not beating high heralds, or even quite a few heralds. WWH was a joke, and the story was riddled with PIS. Rulk...........not touching that one. Bor had NO FEATS. Don't know about Thanos. Zeus? What's the problem with Zeus? He's a skyfather, of course he's going to rape Hulk.

Sentry is the most wanked character on this board. We had people claiming he was >Molecule Man. "Nova Prime sucks, Surfer beat him easily" (as if Surfer isn't just that powerful?). "Odinforce Thor sucks, Rulk beat him" (as if there weren't circumstances?) "Bor sucks, Odinforce Thor beat him" (no feats... how about pushing Odinforce Thor to his limits far worse than the frikkin Destroyer did just several issues prior and shattering Mjolnir out of pure physical durability?).

"T&A suck, Surfer beat em" (as if there weren't circumstances?). "Chaos King sucks, he got beat by Amadeus Cho" (as if he still didn't devour the 616 universe?). "Supergod Herc sucks, he got wrecked by Chaos King" (as if Chaos King wasn't just that powerful and still... Supergod Herc restored the entire universe?). "Ult. Hulk sucks, Ult. Cap knocked him down" (as if Ult. Cap can't possibly be more than a 2-tonner?).

And thanks for unintentionally making my point about WWH and Rulk. "Skrull-Bolt, Mighty+New Avengers, Fantastic Four jobbed, WWH curbstomped them in quick succession" (as if WWH wasn't jsut that powerful?). "WWH sucks, he got wrecked by a Skyfather" (as if Zeus isn't just that powerful). Gimme a break. Surfer got one-shotted by Odin. How exactly does WWH get showered with the haterade by performing better? Of course, he's Hulk, waaah waaah.

"Molecule Man sucks, Sentry beat him" (as if Sentry can't possibly have matter manip that high?). "Terrax sucks, Sentry curbstomped him" (as if Sentry isn't just that powerful?). "Sentry sucks, WWH matched him" (as if WWH wasn't just that powerful?). "Sentry sucks, Thor matched, then killed him" (except that's not true at all?). Of course, he's Sentry, waaah waaah.

Superman/GL fans crying victim about how his feats are downplayed because his foes are lowballed? Join the club. Pretending like they're really the characters getting treated that way, how come nobody else is? Eyes. Be. Rollin.

C'mon now.

-Pr-

TricksterPriest
I did not say Thor sucked. I said I was not touching Rulk. And Bor did have a lack of feats, but fair point about him pushing Thor.

T&A sucked as characters, but I wouldn't say they were on the level of Galactus in a fair fight. Chaos King sucked as a character as well, but he didn't really face any abstracts aside from Galactus.

Supergod Herc losing to chaos king was understandable. His restoring the universe......now that's weird. A skyfather shouldn't be able to do that solo.

WWH? Stop bringing up that piece of shit story. It was loaded with plot devices to save Hulk.

Molecule Man? You can't use that showing per the mod ruling. Terrax DOES suck.

Sentry does suck. Void on the other hand, had a fair amount of power.

OneDumbG0
^ Aside from the points we agree on, how aren't your shallow dismissals of characters/circumstances concerning Hulk/Sentry/Molecule Man not the same kind of shallow dismissals that you're giving everybody grief about?

I'm not using the Molecule Man feat to prove Sentry's capable of something in a vs debate. I'm pointing out that it's utter dismissal and banishment per an actual ruling evinces a far greater level of dismissal than anything Superman/GL fans have to deal with.

What? We ever have any rulings here that prevented Kyle fans from citing to him containing a Big Bang (before that myth was utterly dispelled)? Or that Superman beat reality-warping Dominus at his own game (even though there was -- btw, can you spell I.R.O.N.Y. -- plot-device mechanics at play)? Or that Superman powered a galaxy-size- oh whatever.

Just give me a kit-kat break. Ya'll wanna feel special. Fine, you're special. You deal with stuff nobody ever has to deal with. Boo hoo. Somebody schedule a comfort group meeting for abused Superman/GL fans and bring the tissues.

KuRuPT Thanosi
"Nova Prime sucks, Surfer beat him easily" (as if Surfer isn't just that powerful?). "Odinforce Thor sucks, Rulk beat him" (as if there weren't circumstances?) "Bor sucks, Odinforce Thor beat him" (no feats... how about pushing Odinforce Thor to his limits far worse than the frikkin Destroyer did just several issues prior and shattering Mjolnir out of pure physical durability?).

"T&A suck, Surfer beat em" (as if there weren't circumstances?). "Chaos King sucks, he got beat by Amadeus Cho" (as if he still didn't devour the 616 universe?). "Supergod Herc sucks, he got wrecked by Chaos King" (as if Chaos King wasn't just that powerful and still... Supergod Herc restored the entire universe?). "Ult. Hulk sucks, Ult. Cap knocked him down" (as if Ult. Cap can't possibly be more than a 2-tonner?).

And thanks for unintentionally making my point about WWH and Rulk. "Skrull-Bolt, Mighty+New Avengers, Fantastic Four jobbed, WWH curbstomped them in quick succession" (as if WWH wasn't jsut that powerful?). "WWH sucks, he got wrecked by a Skyfather" (as if Zeus isn't just that powerful). Gimme a break. Surfer got one-shotted by Odin. How exactly does WWH get showered with the haterade by performing better? Of course, he's Hulk, waaah waaah.

"Molecule Man sucks, Sentry beat him" (as if Sentry can't possibly have matter manip that high?). "Terrax sucks, Sentry curbstomped him" (as if Sentry isn't just that powerful?). "Sentry sucks, WWH matched him" (as if WWH wasn't just that powerful?). "Sentry sucks, Thor matched, then killed him" (except that's not true at all?). Of course, he's Sentry, waaah waaah.

Superman/GL fans crying victim about how his feats are downplayed because his foes are lowballed? Join the club. Pretending like they're really the characters getting treated that way, how come nobody else is? Eyes. Be. Rollin.

C'mon now.

Spot on. The list could include Magus sucking because he was one-shot by mar-vell and mar-vell sucking because he was chocked slammed by mere Thanos.

OneDumbG0
^ I left them off because they actually and legitimately suck. ermmhappy

KuRuPT Thanosi
LOL. Spot off stick out tongue

quanchi112
"Nova Prime sucks, Surfer beat him easily" (as if Surfer isn't just that powerful?). "Odinforce Thor sucks, Rulk beat him" (as if there weren't circumstances?) "Bor sucks, Odinforce Thor beat him" (no feats... how about pushing Odinforce Thor to his limits far worse than the frikkin Destroyer did just several issues prior and shattering Mjolnir out of pure physical durability?).

C'mon now. Wow.

The Return
^ Aside from the points we agree on, how aren't your shallow dismissals of characters/circumstances concerning Hulk/Sentry/Molecule Man not the same kind of shallow dismissals that you're giving everybody grief about?

I'm not using the Molecule Man feat to prove Sentry's capable of something in a vs debate. I'm pointing out that it's utter dismissal and banishment per an actual ruling evinces a far greater level of dismissal than anything Superman/GL fans have to deal with.

What? We ever have any rulings here that prevented Kyle fans from citing to him containing a Big Bang (before that myth was utterly dispelled)? Or that Superman beat reality-warping Dominus at his own game (even though there was -- btw, can you spell I.R.O.N.Y. -- plot-device mechanics at play)? Or that Superman powered a galaxy-size- oh whatever.

Just give me a kit-kat break. Ya'll wanna feel special. Fine, you're special. You deal with stuff nobody ever has to deal with. Boo hoo. Somebody schedule a comfort group meeting for abused Superman/GL fans and bring the tissues. I thouht Kyle did hold the energies of Imperiex? Isn't that the universe buster? Granted Kyle's ring was better then than it is now.

carver9

C'mon now.

Good sh** ODG.

Good stuff. Some of this went into one ear of some of the peeps, out of the other ear but you was dead on track with this.

carver9
Originally posted by The Return
I thouht Kyle did hold the energies of Imperiex? Isn't that the universe buster? Granted Kyle's ring was better then than it is now.

When did Imperiex destroy a universe? Are you using hyperbole statements?

Rage.Of.Olympus
crylaugh ODG laying down the hurt.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by carver9
When did Imperiex destroy a universe? Are you using hyperbole statements? Nope. Imperiex Prime was responsible for the death of several universes, and possibly more given his omni-temporal battle with B-13.

MrMind
When did Imperiex destroy a universe? Are you using hyperbole statements?
go read "Our Worlds at War - Secret Files & Origins 01"

carver9
Nope. Imperiex Prime was responsible for the death of several universes, and possibly more given his omni-temporal battle with B-13.

So Imperiex "on-panel" destroyed Universes huh? Kind of like how Sentry defeated Galactus huh?

Do you agree with both speculations. You can't accept one without accepting the other since both of them was shown off panel.

Since you accept Imperiex destroying Universes, do you also accept Sentry stalemating/defeating Galactus?

-Pr-
So Imperiex "on-panel" destroyed Universes huh? Kind of like how Sentry defeated Galactus huh?

Do you agree with both speculations. You can't accept one without accepting the other since both of them was shown off panel.

Since you accept Imperiex destroying Universes, do you also accept Sentry stalemating/defeating Galactus?

He destroyed at least one on panel.

TricksterPriest
Not to mention Imperiex is THE BIG BANG personified.

celeyhyga17
Exactly. The same thing was said about the Weaponer in another thread. The dude tools Ganthet, Kyle, John, etc, etc yet a few believe him to still be sub-Surfer level simply because Sinestro ended up beating him. So instead of just admitting that both characters' feats were very impressive, they are both essentially low-balled. After all, Sinestro cannot possibly be Surfer-level and beyond -- therefore him beating Weaponer proves that he is also inferior to Surfer by proxy, despite owning some of the most powerful Lanterns out there (AND a Guardian.) Amiright?

Lovely logic around this place.

Sill on that??!?!?! He got tooled by Sinestro badly. So much so he was basically his biatch. I've stated in the not so distant past (some thread over a week ago) that Sinestro has been kikin butt lately and DC seems to have upped his stock. This was even before you went off just cause some peeps including me somewhat disagreed on your view of the Weaponer.

Simbon
At some point people stopped talking about Tyrant and Doomsday. Maybe this should be taken up on a sinestro vs surfer thread, or the weaponer vs. surfer thread? Just saying.

TricksterPriest
It's too soon to call the fight in favor of DD, and so far he hasn't shown what it takes to take down Tyrant at this time.

Simbon
It's too soon to call the fight in favor of DD, and so far he hasn't shown what it takes to take down Tyrant at this time.

I think it's funny that you say "It's too soon to call the fight in favor of DD," as, unless I've missed something, not a solitary soul has called it for him.

TricksterPriest
Just making sure no one did. biscuitsgun3

Simbon
Just making sure no one did. biscuitsgun3

Ha, I have never seen that smiley before.

Mindset
Lol at DC fans acting like lowballing is exclusive to DC characters.

You guys make me sick. sneer

Btw, Kyle was obviously hindered by PIS when he fought Weaponer.

TricksterPriest
I'm old school, son. tikmc

The Nuul
Originally posted by Mindset
Lol at DC fans acting like lowballing is exclusive to DC characters.

You guys make me sick. sneer

Btw, Kyle was obviously hindered by PIS when he fought Weaponer.

Ummm yeah, Marvel doesnt get lowballed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Of course it doesn't... Only DC characters like Superman

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Nuul
Ummm yeah, Marvel doesnt get lowballed. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Harbinger
Bump, given what Doomsday did to Henshaw/Supergirl.

long pig
lol DP.

Black bolt z
DP EC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.