Thanos (Power Gem) vs Tough Version of the JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Sundipped Superman (10 minutes)
Batman (with Suit he had in Dark Knight Returns comic)
Robin
Hal Jordan
Martian Manhunter
Orion
Big Barda
The Flash
Steel (Entropy Aegis Armor)
Green Arrow
Super Girl
Krypto
Wonder Woman
Red Tornado
Firestorm
Congorilla

vs

Thanos with Power Gem

Silent Master
Supergirl puts on a squirrel costume and Thanos runs away crying.

TricksterPriest
The power gem does not make you god. He's done.

MrMind
Originally posted by Silent Master
Supergirl puts on a squirrel costume and Thanos runs away crying. laughing

PillarofOsiris
Holy sh**, he's ganna need more than the power gem to take down that team. A LOT more.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Sundipped Superman (10 minutes)
Batman (with Suit he had in Dark Knight Returns comic)
Robin
Hal Jordan
Martian Manhunter
Orion
Big Barda
The Flash
Steel (Entropy Aegis Armor)
Green Arrow
Super Girl
Krypto
Wonder Woman
Red Tornado
Firestorm
Congorilla

vs

Thanos with Power Gem

What the hell are Robin and Green Arrow doing here? Batman in a suit is a bit better but still useless. Only useful as a strategist or "prep time"

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Zack Fair
What the hell are Robin and Green Arrow doing here? Batman in a suit is a bit better but still useless. Only useful as a strategist or "prep time"

I had the same thought. The best Robin can do is sick Krypto on Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
how the F does the team win here? Most of this team.. at least half are one shot from Thanos with the PG. They can't hurt him and he's just continually growing in power. Team will go down. The only one left is superman who won't last forever.

zeel
sundipped supes puts up a hell of a fight, steel and flash are the only minor threats the rest die.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by zeel
sundipped supes puts up a hell of a fight, steel and flash are the only minor threats the rest die.

No, Sups don't put anything here. Thanos with the PG grab Sups by the head, and put it in his ass, and wait until Sups fart. Then, he's like: "Dude, you just fart in your own face! Pwn!!!11"

No, but seriously, Thanos murder them.

Black bolt z
mmm

mhmm

I'm torn. While this is a beast JLA roster, thanos with the PG would be a whole different type of monster.

tkitna
I cant see the JL winning. Thanos with the Power Gem is too much.

bbrem123
team gets raped here...spite

PillarofOsiris
Superman has sundipped for seconds and has been equal to Superboy Prime. Steel with the Entropy Armor? Orion? MMH telepathically coordinating the attack? I feel sorry for Thanos here.

And here's the ace in the hole: The Flash grabs the gem out of Thanos's hands so fast Thanos can't even think "I'm screwed".

Yes, this thread is spite....in favor of the JLA.

Nihilist
Thanos using the PG to its full potential destroys the JLA with ease, without any pis there is now way theycan put him down as his energy/power output and durability would be far to high for any of the JLA. Just look what Thor was like with the PG and the people he wrecked and he wasnt using all the pg.

TricksterPriest
Full potential my ass. you're saying he's abstract or skyfather level power, and I call BS.

What stops Flash from just yanking the gem away mid-fight? Nothing. Thanos isn't that fast to begin with.

Nihilist
Who said anything about abstract you dunce, simple fact using the gem fully puts him far beyond the lvl he is already at, like I said look what it did to Thor who wasn't using the gem fully, call BS all you want as that's the only thing you do we you can't comeback at something.

Lol grabbing the gem needing to go down the pis/cis route eh, its not like others haven't tried that and failed due to automatic defences put in place.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Nihilist
Who said anything about abstract you dunce, simple fact using the gem fully puts him far beyond the lvl he is already at, like I said look what it did to Thor who wasn't using the gem fully, call BS all you want as that's the only thing you do we you can't comeback at something.

Lol grabbing the gem needing to go down the pis/cis route eh, its not like others haven't tried that and failed due to automatic defences put in place.

You sure do like to make ad hominem attacks, huh?

Cute.

Nihilist
It goes both ways, if my words hurt so much don't read the posts or grow thicker skin afterall its only the internet.

PillarofOsiris
The power gem is so inconsistent its ridiculous. Thor has gone toe to toe for MANY MANY panels with Drax (who has Hulk level strength on his own) while Drax had the power gem. There are other examples too, but for some reason people think if someone has the power gem they are UNSTOPPABLE. I think people are failing to realize just how powerful this JLA is.

And yes, others have tried to take the gem, but none of them are faster than the Flash (and let's not get into the SS's speed = the Flash's because that's ridiculous).

Tha C-Master
No according to *some* others, SS is faster.

Solidus Black
Flash gives everyone speed and before thanos realize its started, Krypto takes out his throat

Flash takes the glove and everyone charges Thanos for teh universe's most devastating infinite mass punch

Which would probably tear a hole in reality

KuRuPT Thanosi
actually SS in that scene was traveling faster than flash ever has on panel. Guess what? Thanos avoided it while being distracted

PillarofOsiris

Tha C-Master
Not to mention his uber feats.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Not to mention his uber feats.

Yeah, I supposed I could have mentioned being in two difference places in the same instant and fighting two simultaneous fights at once, but I think being able to outrace beings who can move instantaneously also makes the point quite well. Especially because the surfer in that instance obviously wasn't moving so fast to be instantaneous just from looking at it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Still waiting for any that match how fast SS was traveling.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Yeah, I supposed I could have mentioned being in two difference places in the same instant and fighting two simultaneous fights at once, but I think being able to outrace beings who can move instantaneously also makes the point quite well. Especially because the surfer in that instance obviously wasn't moving so fast to be instantaneous just from looking at it.

Flash was amped for both of those feats. For the one that he outraced instataneous speed, he stole speed from EVERY being INCLUDING super humans on the face of the planet.

I do agree though, he is faster than Surfer but you have a bad habit of taking away "detail" from every feat that you bring up.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Carver, even the feats of an amped Wally don't match that of the surfer taveling millions of times the speed of light stick out tongue

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by carver9
Flash was amped for both of those feats. For the one that he outraced instataneous speed, he stole speed from EVERY being INCLUDING super humans on the face of the planet.

I do agree though, he is faster than Surfer but you have a bad habit of taking away "detail" from every feat that you bring up.

I believe I stated that very fact before my scan. Re-read my post.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Carver, even the feats of an amped Wally don't match that of the surfer taveling millions of times the speed of light stick out tongue

If you say so.

Tha C-Master
Try trillions and -2 speed.

Space M ummy
If Thanos has any kind of prep at all, team is done for. Even the time it takes for Thanos to raise his shields (Which wally is not getting through, no matter how fast he is) is enough.

Thanos isn't a speedster, but he obviously has some kind of enhanced reflexes (as most bricks of a certain strength level tend to- Hulk comes to mind), and at normal levels they're good enough to deal with surfer.

Remember that the PG will enhance physical stats even if one isn't actually trying to use it, so those reflexes amped by the gem are probably good enough to deal with an average blitz by superman or the flash.

A ridiculously amped flash that's speed stealing from an entire planet or something? probably not, but I don't see that happening here.

I see this playing out as Thanos has time to raise shields, BFR's everyone who can't survive hostile environments someplace nasty, and then one shots everyone else with a galaxy busting shot or something. IIRC the power gem can also allow the user to replicate other powers, so it's pretty much game over if this fight goes on more than a couple of minutes.

Yes the PG is inconsistent in it's depiction, but it's pretty much canon at this point that how strong the gems are vary with the user's expertise, and Drax and Champ (for instance) are morons. Thanos is probably the best Gem user in existence. They're very unlikely to get past him.

Thanos 9/10

zopzop
This thread is ridiculous. The Power Gem is THE Infinity Gem, without it the rest of the Gems are trash. It's the Power Gem that makes the other Gems universal in scope and power.

The Power Gem was said to have all the energy that was, is, will be in the entire universe. GTFO of here with "sun dip" Superman BS.

Brockalizer
Thanos would stomp with the power gem. With it he has access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist. It could be argued that the "Speed Force" itself is just a form of energy that the flash has access to. So it stands to reason that if that is true then Thanos would have access to it too.The only reason Drax lost the gem to Thor is because he was a moron. Thanos is definitely not a moron.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Thanos would stomp with the power gem. With it he has access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist. It could be argued that the "Speed Force" itself is just a form of energy that the flash has access to. So it stands to reason that if that is true then Thanos would have access to it too.The only reason Drax lost the gem to Thor is because he was a moron. Thanos is definitely not a moron.

pretty much all that needs to be said here.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by zopzop
This thread is ridiculous. The Power Gem is THE Infinity Gem, without it the rest of the Gems are trash. It's the Power Gem that makes the other Gems universal in scope and power.

The Power Gem was said to have all the energy that was, is, will be in the entire universe. GTFO of here with "sun dip" Superman BS.

So why did Thor beat the sh** out of drax with it?

zopzop
So why did Thor beat the sh** out of drax with it?

Because it was in the possession of someone who is borderline, if not actually, retarded?

Thanos was the first one to realize the Gems true power and utilize them to conquer the universe with ease.

The Power Gem is the backbone of the entire set of Gems, with it, the other Gems are universal level artifacts. If Thanos wanted to, I mean he IS a nihilist, as soon as the "fight" starts, he wipes out the universe with one ginormous blast.

PillarofOsiris
Because it was in the possession of someone who is borderline, if not actually, retarded?

Thanos was the first one to realize the Gems true power and utilize them to conquer the universe with ease.

The Power Gem is the backbone of the entire set of Gems, with it, the other Gems are universal level artifacts. If Thanos wanted to, I mean he IS a nihilist, as soon as the "fight" starts, he wipes out the universe with one ginormous blast.

Do you remember when Thor had the gem? I didn't see him as being all that much more powerful either (although he was noticeably more powerful, but not to the extent you're implying).

zopzop
Do you remember when Thor had the gem? I didn't see him as being all that much more powerful either (although he was noticeably more powerful, but not to the extent you're implying).

http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/5940/thanosquest241.th.jpg

He could annihilate the universe with just that gem.

Nihilist
The power gem is so inconsistent its ridiculous. Thor has gone toe to toe for MANY MANY panels with Drax (who has Hulk level strength on his own) while Drax had the power gem.The problem is youre using a dumb bastard like Drax who could only just tap into the gem. That is bad exapmle to use a Thanos is the most competant and expeiranced user of the gems( as shown in Thanos Quest,when he used the reality gem far far beyond anything the collector had done, and has been stated on panel the reality gem is the hardest to use). Like who?...Champion a guy that only used the gem on a ubconscious lv, but was still able to take full energy punches and blast from Thanos without any effect(the gem still gave Champ enough power to punch the planet hard enough it started a chain reaction that destroyed the planet. You mean like Thor who was pretty much unstoppable(and again he never tapped into anything like the gems full potential) running through the entire Infinty Watch, Classic Dr Strange and Silver Surfer aswell as having Thanos to use a plot device to stop him show he was unstoppable. Nah, i think its your who doing the underestimating here, the gem amps all the users abilitys. Which is very dangerous considering Thanos is already bordering on low skyfather.

Mephisto had his hands on the gauntlet and failed. And you act like Thanos will be stodd hand out open palmed with the gem, it more likely he would have the gem in a tight grasped fist as he has before and i doubt Flash is strong enough to break that grip. Its not like Thanos hasnt reacted to FTL speed before under his own power and that would be without the gem amping him.

TricksterPriest
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/5940/thanosquest241.th.jpg

He could annihilate the universe with just that gem. I call bullshit on this statement. The infinity gems have never demonstrated that level of power solo.

Nihilist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I call bullshit on this statement. The infinity gems have never demonstrated that level of power solo. huh, Warlock destroyed a Timeline/Universe with the soul gem alone.

TricksterPriest
Scans? And I really need to know the circumstances behind that feat.

Nihilist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Scans? And I really need to know the circumstances behind that feat. I'll scan it when i finish work, its from from a eraly Adam Warlock/Thanos andAfro Magus arc.

BattleMage
Holy sh**, he's ganna need more than the power gem to take down that team. A LOT more. Nah, His power amped by the power gem is more than enough to blow that teams back out! cool

Deadline
Originally posted by Nihilist
Like who?...Champion a guy that only used the gem on a ubconscious lv, but was still able to take full energy punches and blast from Thanos without any effect(the gem still gave Champ enough power to punch the planet hard enough it started a chain reaction that destroyed the planet.

Thats not a good example, the gem didn't amp Champ that much and could have probably done that without the gem. As Champion stated "The thing never worked anyway". I thinks that an exaggeration but Champ wasn't able to use it properly.

PillarofOsiris
I would just like to know of an example of someone having just the power gem and it doing what everyone here is claiming it would.

And Thanos is not a skyfather.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.