Official BZ challenge to King Kandy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
I challenge you to prove that I am wrong about the new gods. Prove that Rock of Ages is not canon for them, prove they are not multiversal entities, prove that what enters the main DC universe is just a shadow of their true power, etc. I will use only scans in comics to prove my point.

Do you accept?

psycho gundam
*glove slap*

TricksterPriest
Is that to me, or to Kandy? Or are you taking his place?

psycho gundam
i don't have the "darkseid anthology" anywhere near completion to battlezone against/with him, so that's a resounding no.

TricksterPriest
I don't expect him to accept. He is something of a coward. Plus, this would require him to actually know the new gods and DC. stick out tongue

Mindset
Link him to their respect thread.

psycho gundam
for what it's worth, i do hope kandy tries to slaughter you on these points cause it will be an interesting read.

Philosophía
Originally posted by psycho gundam
for what it's worth, i do hope kandy tries to slaughter you on these points cause it will be an interesting read. It wouldn't really be an interesting read, because what Trick says is either literally spelled out in the comics (eg. shadows of their true power), or easy to deduct from scenes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yet not once, not once, have they performed multiversal feats.

Mindset

-Pr-
Guys, don't turn this in to a debate thread. Either Kandy agrees or he doesn't.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not debating, there is nothing to debate.. New Gods.. haven't displayed ANY multiversal feats with there power.

-Pr-
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Not debating, there is nothing to debate.. New Gods.. haven't displayed ANY multiversal feats with there power.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, don't turn this in to a debate thread. Either Kandy agrees or he doesn't.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I heart you PR

Parmaniac
Guys, no homo erotic in this thread. Either Kandy agrees or he doesn't.

Mindset
Guys, convince Kandy to kiss me. Either Kandy agrees or he doesn't.

dmills
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Not debating, there is nothing to debate.. New Gods.. haven't displayed ANY multiversal feats with there power. Well that's only because they show "shadows of their true power" laughing out loud

-Pr-
Ha, no. Guys, now would be a good time to stop.

The Nuul
Both of you is reported for changing Prs quote.

Mindset
I didn't change anything!

He changed his post. durslide

The Nuul
shifty

dmills
Trick. You should prolly set up your challenge bit more objectively. You know ppl here will do the Ali shuffle on just about anything smile

Just simply state what you will prove. Don't challenge him to "prove you wrong". You're issuing the challenge so the burden of proof kinda lies with you.

inimalist
Originally posted by dmills
Trick. You should prolly set up your challenge bit more objectively. You know ppl here will do the Ali shuffle on just about anything smile

Just simply state what you will prove. Don't challenge him to "prove you wrong". You're issuing the challenge so the burden of proof kinda lies with you.

what might be more important is something like, how do you prove something is or is not canon, barring a specific statement from the company? what would be evidence of a "shadow of their power", again, barring it having been explicitly stated by the writers/company?

for instance, one could easily say "prove spiderman isn't just a shadow of his real power"? while probably not true, it would be nearly impossible, imho, to find a scan that unquestioningly spells out "SM has X amount of power"

but ya, whether or not they are multiversal entities would fall more on trickster proving that they are rather than the opposite

TricksterPriest
I agree. I will prove they are multiversal and that ROA is canon. I will also prove that GDS Darkseid is canon.

I have stated my position. The new gods are lowballed, and almost every marvel fan on this board denigrates them and scourges Final Crisis. I demand they put up or shut up. I'll prove my position, prove me wrong. cool

dmills
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I agree. I will prove they are multiversal and that ROA is canon. I will also prove that GDS Darkseid is canon.

I have stated my position. The new gods are lowballed, and almost every marvel fan on this board denigrates them and scourges Final Crisis. I demand they put up or shut up. I'll prove my position, prove me wrong. cool thumb up

Kids' got moxy.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

I have stated my position. The new gods are lowballed, and almost every marvel fan on this board denigrates them and scourges Final Crisis. I demand they put up or shut up. I'll prove my position, prove me wrong. cool Arguing that anytime a New God's been punched in the face on-panel only pertains to inferior reflections of their true form (which floats around in some extra dimension) based on purple prose...

... makes as much sense as arguing that anytime Galactus has been blasted on-panel only pertains to inferior reflections of his true form (which supercedes dimensional space altogether) based on the same purple prose:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/th_Galactus01SpidermanSW3.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/th_Galactus02.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/th_Galactus02b.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/th_Galactus03.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Galactus02a.jpg

Yeah. It's fun to think about how far beyond entities like the New Gods and Galactus operate beyond normal human conceptions. The mythology surrounding the characters doesn't completely debunk such lofty aggrandizations. Sometimes, it even promotes it. But in the end, it doesn't really matter much in a vs thread when we actually think of these characters in the context they're most well known for. And there's nothing wrong with that. Galactus isn't being lowballed when people bring up him getting godblasted. Neither is Darkseid when he gets punched by Superman. We all saw what happened when Sentry's true powers started getting shown on-panel in the definitive story Bendis was crafting for him and look how they're supposed to be treated in a vs thread by default now.

In the end, taking only purple prose (and ignoring plot devices like the ALE) is nothing but cherry-picking.

-Pr-
I'm going to close this, because it's turning in to the one thing i requested it didn't. If Kandy wants to do it, then he and Trick can discuss it through pm's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.