Japan 8.9 earthquake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

Sadako of Girth
Yeah man those refineries too in Sendei, and rumours of massive hotels collapsing... its really bad out there.

All thoughts with those suffering right now.
And watch your ass, Hawaii... sad

Deano
SO IS THE UPCOMING 'SUPERMOON' TO BLAME FOR THE RECENT SPATE OF NATURAL DISASTERS?

The Japanese tsunami comes just days after the Internet was awash with warnings that the movement of the moon will trigger tidal waves, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.

Some claim that on March 19 - a week tomorrow - the moon will be closer to Earth than at any time since 1992, just 221,567 miles away, and that its gravitational pull will bring chaos to Earth.

Astronomers have dismissed the claims, which centre on a phenomenon called the 'lunar perigee', as pure nonsense.

The moon's orbit around Earth is not a circle, but an eclipse. At its closest approach - the perigee - the moon appears brighter and larger in the sky. When it is furthest away - the apogee - it is smaller and dimmer.

A lunar perigee occurs once a month. However, next week's perigee coincides with a full moon - a combination of events that happen just once every two or three years.

Although it makes a good photo opportunity for astronomers, scientists say it has no impact on Earth.

Previous supermoons took place in 1955, 1974, 1992 and 2005 - all years that had extreme weather events, the supporters of the supermoon theory say.

The tsunami that killed hundreds of thousands of people in Indonesia happened two weeks before the January 2005 supermoon. And on Christmas Day 1974, Cyclone Tracy laid waste to Darwin, Australia.

But U.S. astrologer Richard Nolle, who coined the term 'supermoon' in 1979, is convinced that lunar perigees cause natural disasters on Earth.

He said the recent supermoon on February 18 helps explain the earthquake that struck New Zealand on February 22.

'Supermoons have a historical association with strong storms, very high tides, extreme tides and also earthquakes,' he told ABC radio this week.

'Supermoons are like eclipses. We have roughly five to six per year and so it can be very close to Earth but we don't have to have one at the maximum close approach to have a notable effect.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1365253/Japan-earthquake-tsunami-Hawaii-high-alert-UK-Tokyo-flights-cancelled.html#ixzz1FluMQA8B

Sadako of Girth
Very interesting, Deano.

A quite plausible.

Sadako of Girth
14:43 - The official Kyodo news agency is reporting that about 88,000 people are missing.

Nephthys
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8375276/Tsunami-hits-Japan-after-8.8-magnitude-earthquake.html

Watch the video, holy crap. Is this what you were talking about OP?

The Nuul
God bless you Japan.

The Pict
Waves of water and sludge now around 10km inland now. Scary stuff.

Reported around 300 bodies found with thousands more missing.

At least their nuclear reactors haven't, as of yet, leaked any material.

Edit: Also BBC just said that the number of missing has backed away from 88,000 to 500.

Robtard
Originally posted by Deano
SO IS THE UPCOMING 'SUPERMOON' TO BLAME FOR THE RECENT SPATE OF NATURAL DISASTERS?

"Super Moon", sounds like was B movie the SciFi channel would show.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Nephthys
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8375276/Tsunami-hits-Japan-after-8.8-magnitude-earthquake.html

Watch the video, holy crap. Is this what you were talking about OP?

Holy shit. Parts of it are on fire.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Holy shit. Parts of it are on fire.

that was actually my first reaction too

"flaming tsunami" sounds like a mixed drink too

The tsunami hit Hawaii and is expected to do little damage there, and was expected to hit Vancouver/western coast of NA about an hour ago, though I havent seen any reports about it

Liberator
This is unreal.

Sadako of Girth
A plate shifted and lodged right under Japan.
You dont get much more point blank that that.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by The Pict
Edit: Also BBC just said that the number of missing has backed away from 88,000 to 500.

Well thats something at least.

The Pict
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well thats something at least.

However the Japanese government has just said "A small nuclear leak COULD now happen"

If it does that could be a disaster upon the two they are suffering already.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Deano

The Japanese tsunami comes just days after the Internet was awash with warnings that the movement of the moon will trigger tidal waves, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.

Some claim that on March 19 - a week tomorrow - the moon will be closer to Earth than at any time since 1992, just 221,567 miles away, and that its gravitational pull will bring chaos to Earth.

Astronomers have dismissed the claims, which centre on a phenomenon called the 'lunar perigee', as pure nonsense.

The moon's orbit around Earth is not a circle, but an eclipse. At its closest approach - the perigee - the moon appears brighter and larger in the sky. When it is furthest away - the apogee - it is smaller and dimmer.

A lunar perigee occurs once a month. However, next week's perigee coincides with a full moon - a combination of events that happen just once every two or three years.

Although it makes a good photo opportunity for astronomers, scientists say it has no impact on Earth.

Previous supermoons took place in 1955, 1974, 1992 and 2005 - all years that had extreme weather events, the supporters of the supermoon theory say.

The tsunami that killed hundreds of thousands of people in Indonesia happened two weeks before the January 2005 supermoon. And on Christmas Day 1974, Cyclone Tracy laid waste to Darwin, Australia.

But U.S. astrologer Richard Nolle, who coined the term 'supermoon' in 1979, is convinced that lunar perigees cause natural disasters on Earth.

He said the recent supermoon on February 18 helps explain the earthquake that struck New Zealand on February 22.

'Supermoons have a historical association with strong storms, very high tides, extreme tides and also earthquakes,' he told ABC radio this week.

'Supermoons are like eclipses. We have roughly five to six per year and so it can be very close to Earth but we don't have to have one at the maximum close approach to have a notable effect.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1365253/Japan-earthquake-tsunami-Hawaii-high-alert-UK-Tokyo-flights-cancelled.html#ixzz1FluMQA8B That is really very interesting. Thx

The Nuul
Holy christ...

"Some of the biggest waves of between 6-7ft (about 2m) would hit near California's Crescent City, predicted the US National Weather Service.The waves earlier passed Hawaii, but there were no reports of major damage".

"The power of the earthquake off north-east Japan shifted the earth's axis by nearly 10in (25cm)".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Deja~vu
Wow, it did? That's not good. *Starts rethinking a few things. lol*

The Nuul
just got hit again.

1908: A magnitude 6.6 quake has now struck in central Japan, AP news agency reports, causing Tokyo buildings to sway. It is not clear if this is connected to the earlier quake and aftershocks. More on this as we get it.

inimalist
confirmed: Godzilla

steverules_2
If only Godzilla were real

The Pict
Japan coming apart at the seams right now.

steverules_2
It's like 2012...it'll start sinking into the ocean

Mindship
confirmed: Godzilla Judging from the sludging, I'm going with Hedorah

Poor Japan. They may've been better off with daikaiju.

inimalist
pffft, those arent even real words

Mindship
Originally posted by inimalist
pffft, those arent even real words Pshaw, like pffft is.

inimalist
gfah

Prep-Man
Radiation leak.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42025882/ns/world_news-asia-pacific/?GT1=43001

Also, about 3 volcanoes have gone off. Domino effect?

kevdude
Could be, I'd hate to be in California rit now...

The Nuul
Besides a 8 foot wave, Cali should be fine.

kevdude
Yeah that or an earthquake hitting them, I'd be a little nervous down close the madrid fault line if I lived there.

inimalist
Originally posted by kevdude

or Japan?

kevdude
or Japan?

Well of course or Japan..

Mindset
I've just been given some dire news coming out of Japan.

http://i.imgur.com/9U5Zp.png

Nephthys
fffuuu

WHYYYYYYYYY!

inimalist
Originally posted by Mindset
I've just been given some dire news coming out of Japan.

those damn dirty apes....

Deja~vu
OMG..Poor Japan.

Robtard

Kidding me? It's 70* and sunny right now.

Mairuzu
Haha yeah its been nice lately

King Castle
I blame Haarp shifty

where is deano?

menokokoro
It is global warming *rolls eyes*

Symmetric Chaos
Are there really a large number of severe earthquakes these days or has it always been like this and I'm just growing up and starting to notice?

Originally posted by menokokoro
It is global warming *rolls eyes*

No one has ever said global warming would cause worse earthquakes.

King Castle
Are there really a large number of severe earthquakes these days or has it always been like this and I'm just growing up and starting to notice?

No one has ever said global warming would cause worse earthquakes. it's always bn like that, you just never noticed.

inimalist

I ask myself that normally every time there is a major disaster, as the media always seems to hype it as "omg, this is the most terrible thing ever, nothing like normal weather patterns", but it seems totally normal to get 1-3 of them a year.

Like, think about the Red River floods in the 90s, hit a bunch of US states and Canada (Manitoba), and was sort of national news. I can't help but think it would have been a major crisis in the modern media cycle, just because we are all so much more connected with cameras and the internet, and the media consuming public have a taste for these type of interest stories (though, it is entirely cynical, for instance, Haiti, a little bit of Western superiority thrown in too ).

Long answer, I don't know, but I tend to think it is normal, just more that the internet et al. have brought issues that used to be local to a global audience, who eats it up like candy

darthmaul1
I think the disasters are getting worse over the years, 2012 is coming!!!!!
Even without the Internet and tv media we would still definatley hear about disasters like this

inimalist
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Even without the Internet and tv media we would still definatley hear about disasters like this

the same way you heard about major protest movements in the middle east in 2006?

Robtard
Originally posted by darthmaul1

Italy AD 62

Italy AD 64

Italy AD 79

Rogue Jedi
Damn, cooling systems at a nuclear plant failed there.....

King Castle
how bad is the damage with the nuke plant?

Rogue Jedi
DAMN

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/11/japan.quake/index.html?hpt=T1

Rogue Jedi
From the link I posted:

Radioactive material may have leaked from an atomic power plant in northeast Japan, a major electric company said Saturday, according to a news agency report.

Citing the Tokyo Electric Power Co., Japan's Kyodo News Agency said that radioactive substances may have seeped out of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactors, about 160 miles (260 kilometers) north of Tokyo.

And cooling problems appeared to have spread to another of the Tokyo Electric Power Company's nuclear plants.
Tsunami waters engulf town
Witness: Japan quake unlike any before
Refinery ablaze after quake
undefinedMoment of the Japan quake

Kyodo reported the power company alerted authorities that the cooling system at three units of the Fukushima Daini plant -- which is distinct from the Fukushima Daiichi reactors -- also failed. That prompted Japanese authorities to add that plant to its emergency list, along with the Fukushima Daiichi plant, Kyodo said.

The agency also reported Saturday that the same agency ordered the power company to release a valve in the Fukushima Daiichi plant's "No. 1" building, to relieve growing pressure.

Citing Japan's nuclear safety agency, Kyodo said radiation levels were 1,000 times above normal in the the control room of the facility's "No. 1."

Prime Minister Kan told reporters he would board a helicopter to inspect the plant and the rest of the affected region from a helicopter.

The government had ordered the evacuation of residents nearest the plant as efforts to keep it cool after it was shut were initially hampered.

King Castle
Bad but not that bad...

which is bad but also good to a certain extant

Rogue Jedi
Bad but not that bad? Watch the vids, dude.

Quiero Mota
One of my nephews is currently stationed in HI; he's a US Army E.O.D. Officer at the base on Oahu. He was among the govt. officials who was clearing out the streets and beaches at midnight with a bullhorn, warning of the impending tsunami. He was telling me that there were some beach partiers who actually had the nerve to give attutide to him and the other cops/soldiers for being buzzkills. Would their dumbasses rather be ripped to shreds by the waves? Anyways, its some pretty scary stuff.

King Castle
i was referring to the radiation leakage.

not to sound like a d#$k but my definition of bad is different from the average person, not to say that it isnt a tragedy. it's just something comparatively to casualties and deaths from other parts of the world during other disasters and war have been more catastrophic than what i am seeing here.

mjb0015
I feel for the poor people caught up in this.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Bad but not that bad? Watch the vids, dude.

KC is a moron.

Rogue Jedi
"Not that bad"........Still amazed he said that.

Existere
Originally posted by King Castle
i was referring to the radiation leakage.

not to sound like a d#$k but my definition of bad is different from the average person, not to say that it isnt a tragedy. it's just something comparatively to casualties and deaths from other parts of the world during other disasters and war have been more catastrophic than what i am seeing here. You don't sound like a "d#$k". You just sound irrelevant, and as if you have any idea what the total average definition of 'bad' is.

I guess you're just more badass and hardcore than the average, oversensitive citizen.

chomperx9
I guess the prime minister of Japan is responsible for the Earthquake, since so many blame bush for Katrina

Mindset
Originally posted by chomperx9
I guess the prime minister of Japan is responsible for the Earthquake, since so many blame bush for Katrina Originally posted by The Nuul
Chomper is a moron.

chomperx9
was a joke, but of course u wouldnt know

Mindset
The impact of the floods and the subsequent actions afterward could have lessened and faster respectively.

That's why Bush was blamed, moreso for the second part.

Your joke doesn't make any sense.

chomperx9
The impact of the floods and the subsequent actions afterward could have lessened and faster respectively.

That's why Bush was blamed, moreso for the second part.

Your joke doesn't make any sense. If one of your troll buddies said it, then it would understand it.

Mindset
If one of your troll buddies said it, then it would understand it. Someone is butthurt.

chomperx9
Someone is butthurt. when u gonna grow up man ?

Mindset
I'm not grown up because I said your joke doesn't make sense?

Gotcha.

Anyway, moving on from Chomper's joke being stupid, is there an updated number of dead/missing?

chomperx9
I'm not grown up because I said your joke doesn't make sense?

Gotcha.

Anyway, moving on from Chomper's joke being stupid, is there an updated number of dead/missing? not grown up cause u have nothing else to do with your life besides troll others because some of your buddies dont like the person, so it has to be ur problem to.

dadudemon
when u gonna grow up man ?

In his defense, "growing up" and being super serials is very lame.

is there an updated number of dead/missing?

Japanese death count is near 500.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-12/japan-quake-death-toll-nears-500-radioactive-gas-released-from-reactors.html

Mindset
not grown up cause u have nothing else to do with your life besides troll others because some of your buddies dont like the person, so it has to be ur problem to. I said your joke doesn't make sense, how is that trolling?

chomperx9
Originally posted by dadudemon
In his defense, "growing up" and being super serials is very lame.

Japanese death count is near 500.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-12/japan-quake-death-toll-nears-500-radioactive-gas-released-from-reactors.html U telling that to me when He doesnt even give a damn about what happend. and his only response on this thread is right after I posted, which isnt odd coming from him since he trolls me. only other response he made on the thread was posting some stupid picture that was not even serious.

this shows u who needs to grow up.

Mindset
You really need to get your butthurtness under control.

Let's get back on topic.

chomperx9
You really need to get your butthurtness under control.

Let's get back on topic. its not butthurtness, its the trolling BS thats needs to stop. I dont WTF I did to u, my bad what ever happened. but any damn post I make no matter if its sarcasm or a joke or even a serious comment, u gotta start something every damn time.

id like to know why ?

dadudemon
U telling that to me when He doesnt even give a damn about what happend. and his only response on this thread is right after I posted, which isnt odd coming from him since he trolls me. only other response he made on the thread was posting some stupid picture that was not even serious.

this shows u who needs to grow up.

He's not on a vendetta to troll the interwebz: he's pretty damn chill.

Yeah, I got a good laugh out of that pic. I, personally, think it's too soon to make jokes about it...but I am in NO way offended or upset about the jokes I'm seeing all over the place about the situation.

I don't think you need to grow up...but I don't think either of you does. He made a valid point that your comparison was apples to oranges. That's obvious. A better comparison would have been, "The Japanese are blaming the US for the Japanese quakes because the Haiti quakes were obviously done by an US quake weapon."

Same type of sarcasm, but it's apples to apples, at least. I'm just like you in that it's hard for me to admit where I've made a fault, but if it's obvious, just admit it and move on. You can't win them all, man.

And, yeah, Mindset is right: we should try to get back on topic or we'll get in trouble. I recomend taking your problems with Mindset to PMs.

chomperx9
Im worried about their nuclear plants, any news on them ?

Rogue Jedi
Im worried about their nuclear plants, any news on them ?

WyQn4PgMkaE

Bicnarok

Lord Lucien
These are all clearly signs of the impending apocalypse. 2012 is upon us people!

inimalist

dadudemon
No, it's not the supermoon.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/03/11/no-the-supermoon-didnt-cause-the-japanese-earthquake/

Deadline
Man this is one hell of year so far. This is genuinely scarey.

Rogue Jedi
Just read that there was an explosion at the plant too.

Rogue Jedi

The Nuul
Who let chumper into this thread, it was a great thread until then.

ADarksideJedi
It always seems that they get so much earthquakes.Sad but true I am so glad there is none where I live.

The Nuul
For this week or so, I am not going to compain about my bad weather. I have no right to complain when Japan is having a lot more issues. Just showing some respect.

Lucius
Don't click on this link unless your a hardcore cynic... goddamn. Apparently this is "punishment for Pearl Harbor."

Stupidity

Bardock42
I think the US got Japan back for Pearl Harbor plenty.

Stupid ignorant people, man.

The Nuul
Morons. You should troll them.

King Castle
"Not that bad"........Still amazed he said that. b/c i was saying it could have been a lot worse like Chernobyl which it wasnt. it's why asked about the leakage in the 1st place

Deja~vu
Well, we don't have money to help them. We don't even have enough money to help ourselves.

Bicnarok

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lucius
Don't click on this link unless your a hardcore cynic... goddamn. Apparently this is "punishment for Pearl Harbor."

Stupidity
Jesus. facepalm

Symmetric Chaos

The Pict
"State of emergency declared at 5 nuclear reactors."

"Nuclear accident risk 4 out of 7."

Two statements from the live coverage from BBC. Hopefully nothing happens but it seems that a nuclear meltdown is a very possible threat.

Symmetric Chaos
Its interesting that people focus on the damaged nuclear reactors and not the other power stations. What happened to those ones? I know that the oil refineries are letting out flames the size of skyscrapers.

The Pict
I know one was burning yesterday, the fire was "out of control" but I haven't heard about any others, except that all those on the West coast of Japan are operating fine.

The Pict
Shocking pictures of destruction of towns in Japan, including Minamisanriku, where half the population of the town are missing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365569/Japan-earthquake-tsunami-10-000-people-missing-Minamisanriku.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

chomperx9
Originally posted by The Nuul
Who let chumper into this thread, it was a great thread until then. was an even more better thread till you decided to post. that being your 1st post on the thread shows who you really are. TROLL

King Castle
the news just keeps getting worse with every new coverage.. no

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Jesus. facepalm

I get a "problem loading page" on that link, what is it?

inimalist
Originally posted by Lucius

Stupidity

does not compute...

inimalist
6Q6C8US20jI

The Nuul
They need Macgyver. He could fix it with a tooth pick, hair pin, glue and a ice pack.

RE: Blaxican
6Q6C8US20jI The explosion was kind of underwhelming. I don't have any speakers for audio, so all I can really focus on in the video. And... well... I was expecting like a big ol mushroom cloud or something.

inimalist
lol, true, this isn't the sexiest nuclear disaster

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I get a "problem loading page" on that link, what is it?
People basically saying that the Attack on Pearl Harbor led to this Earthquake-Tsunami being a Kharmic, perhaps even Divine punishment for Japan.

I thought us nuking them would be punishment for the attack on Pearl Harbor. But, whatever.

Nephthys
Wow, Americans are dicks.

SHOCKING!

inimalist
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I thought us nuking them would be punishment for the attack on Pearl Harbor. But, whatever.

some of the best ones were like: body count of hiroshima+nagasaki+tsunami>peral habor, **** japan, USAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSA

like, clinical levels of stupidity

Omega Vision
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Yeah you'd think militarily embarrassing them, dismantling their empire, and forcing them to adopt a Constitution that basically made them a semi-vassal of America would be punishment enough.

You'd also think people would have stopped giving God credit for natural disasters a hundred years ago.

SHOCKING! Yeah, buncha douches.

I can't really complain too much, though. I made a comment on my friend's facebook yesterday regarding the incident, which was basically "Where's your God now, Japan?"

Her Otaku friends have been ripping me a new ******* for the past twenty hours.

inimalist
.. and people got all pissy over some godzilla jokes

Bardock42

SHOCKING!

Wow, whatever you are being ignorant, generalizing assholes.

Shocking.

The Nuul
Wait, Americans arent dicks?

Shocking.

We have big dicks.

The Nuul
Syren has a dick?

erm

Rogue Jedi
Ahaha.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Bardock42
Wow, whatever you are being ignorant, generalizing assholes.

Shocking.

English.

The superior race. Bow before our tea-soaked cricket bats of big-teethed politeness! excellent

Originally posted by The Nuul
Syren has a dick?

erm Syren's American?!

The Nuul
I think....

She's English, lol.

The Nuul
Really? ok.

Prep-Man
http://video.godlikeproductions.com/video/Japan_ground_cracking_open_and_moving_CNN_video_-_March_11th_2011?id=c3e5f9c1c89a7b6611d

Prep-Man
earthquake shifted earth's axis and moved Japan's coast 8 feet.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/japan.earthquake.tsunami.earth/index.html

Lord Lucien
So wait, what's this about an earthquake?

The Nuul
Originally posted by Prep-Man
http://video.godlikeproductions.com/video/Japan_ground_cracking_open_and_moving_CNN_video_-_March_11th_2011?id=c3e5f9c1c89a7b6611d

That shit is ****ed.

kevdude
Yeah thats nuts.. About 20 years ago I believe they changed the earthquake scales on how they rate them, so this quake was actually a 9.9 if we go by the older (real) scale.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Prep-Man

I like how he was talking about how the land could 'go' while walking around on it. Another triumph for common sense and self-preservation.

The Nuul
Well, reporting is a dangerous job. When in a war zone, they also get shot at, get in cross fires etc...

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah thats nuts.. About 20 years ago I believe they changed the earthquake scales on how they rate them, so this quake was actually a 9.9 if we go by the older (real) scale.

Yeah, Richter has been obsolete for a while now. I can't seem to find a conversion factor.

Prep-Man
Before and After photos

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/japan-quake-2011/beforeafter.htm

Prep-Man
Police estimate that it may be over 10,000 dead.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42056235/ns/world_news-asia-pacific/?GT1=43001

RIP

Nephthys
Don't worry guys, I know how to solve the crisis!

http://79.112.52.242:9955/h/43b78bcf4b8f2ded33ce52ad5bf4bb1007c0ef7b-168728-709-573-jpg/keystamp=1300013550-97dbfab676/1274592048316.jpg

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Omega Vision
People basically saying that the Attack on Pearl Harbor led to this Earthquake-Tsunami being a Kharmic, perhaps even Divine punishment for Japan.

aha, political correctness at its best thensmile

Looks like some parts of Japan could become uninhabitable considering the nuclear situation. Really not a good idea building nuclear power plants on earthquake ridden areas then.

dadudemon
Really not a good idea building nuclear power plants on earthquake ridden areas then.

I was thinking that they could take "measures" quite easily to account for that, you know?

Sadako of Girth
They did and it failed.

Symmetric Chaos
aha, political correctness at its best then

Political correctness would be the opposite.

dadudemon
Political correctness would be the opposite.
I think he was being sarcastic in the most direct way possible.

Rogue Jedi
7FizI7iv-pg

Prep-Man
Sounds like the cooling systems have stopped. This doesn't look good.

Rogue Jedi
Wow, 4 trains missing.

Rogue Jedi
More footage:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8378631/Japan-earthquake-tens-of-thousands-missing-as-full-devastation-emerges.html

The Nuul
Thats one of the worst ones I have seen. Those things that weight 2 tons + look like rubber ducky's in the bath tub when were kids.

Symmetric Chaos
There was a second hydrogen explosion at the nuclear plant.

Rogue Jedi
Yup, just read that. Chernobyl, here they come.

Symmetric Chaos
Yup, just read that. Chernobyl, here they come.

It doesn't seem likely to get that bad. The only people still in the danger zone are working on the plant.

Robtard
Do hope at least that other countries who use nuclear-plants (like the US) use this tragedy as a learning tool and fortify their own nuclear-plants to better deal with natural disasters. Cos that shit in Japan is ****ed, poor, poor bastards.

inimalist
Originally posted by Robtard
Do hope at least that other countries who use nuclear-plants (like the US) use this tragedy as a learning tool and fortify their own nuclear-plants to better deal with natural disasters. Cos that shit in Japan is ****ed, poor, poor bastards.

how much do you want to bet nothing is done because the issue is just going to polarize into "nuclear will mutate your children"/"green power is for fops"

Inimalist, always the cynic.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>