Guinness: Kinect sets record as fastest-selling consumer electronics device

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
According to Microsoft, since launching in November of 2010 they've sold over 10 million Kinect sensors worldwide. Even more impressive is the rate at which those units were sold: in its first 60 days (between November 4, 2010 and January 3, 2011), eight million Kinects were sold, an average of 133,333 Kinects per day.

Big numbers? To Guinness World Records, they're pretty much the biggest ever. The record-tracking authority has officially stated that Kinect is now the fastest-selling consumer electronics device of all time, outpacing even Apple's iPod and iPad during their equivalent launch periods.

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/464-guinness-kinect-sets-record-as-fastest-selling-consumer-electronics-device

that's crazy..

now i'm not into kinect but i did play it last week while on vaca and i'll tell you that it was kinda fun playing with the thing. i love how i can move the cursurs around as if i'm using the force or some thing..

the thing has potential, i just wanna wait on it though. i wanna see how they'll implement and utilize hardcore games with kinect first, if they ever do, then i'll really check it out..

Peach
This doesn't surprise me at all. When we had them in stock during that time frame, they'd literally be gone in ten minutes. And Microsoft wasn't exactly stingy in shipping them out, either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.